[Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Snake Gandhi

Re: [Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

I made a few tweaks to Electron back on page 12. Nothing major, updated the Radar to "electromagnetic sense" (Spatial Awareness), shuffled some skills around, tried to make everything seem a bit more integrated. Hero Designer file is attached. I still am in the dark ages of HD1; I assume HD2 can read it? Maybe once I get around to finding time for face-to-face gaming again I'll actually get the updated version (by which time HD 3 will assumably be out).

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WhammeWhamme

I'm sorry but I can be kind of dense at times.. :doi:

Invincible is the son of She Hulk and Juggernaut... and that first scene was just some super-powered boot-knockin... Right?

Temper tantrum as a baby.

I was, uh, tired when I wrote it and missed details that were in my head.

radioKAOS salvages Haven Walkur's busted character concept.

Excerpt from my PM to rK:

...I'm very impressed with your work. That hardly looks like just an "interesting exercise" -- that's a full-blown character write-up! I thought the VPP was particularly well constructed, very flexible with a bit of everything that might be useful. And the names of the powers! "Song of the Sightless", "Dance of Diminished Distances." My word! You took Dancer's "theme" and expanded on it brilliantly....

...Thank-you for the write-up. You really pulled all the elements together, rK. I hated the idea of just abandoning an intriguing idea because I couldn't work out how to build it. Seeing Dancer up and running -- with an effective build -- makes me feel better. And you managed to keep so much of the original concept! That's what really amazes me, that you were able to work it all in within the framework of the Champions rules. AND you took the time to do it....

Alright, so radioKAOS is a god. Rep him frequently.

I'm Haven Walkur and I approved this message

Okay, the submissions as of now are,

McManus

Andromeda (metamorph)

Singularity (energy projector)

Haven Walker

Argent (mentalist)

WhammeWhamme

Invincible, (brick)

BunnySue

Reckless (martial artists)

GoldenAge

Echo (energy projector)

hooliganx

Eva Von Doom (powered armor)

Log

Stilt Girl (power armor)

radioKAOS

Nightstalker (martial brick)

keyes_bill

Batroc ze Fightaire (martial artist)

Wolf (martial brick)

DocSamson

Crusher (brick)

Squid

Electron (energy projector)

Enforcer84

Journeyman (brick)

casualplayer

Mole Girl (martial artist)

Pendaran

Invictus (martial brick)

Did I miss anyone?

Submissions are still open until tonight, and then tomorrow I'll make my choice.

This one's gonna be a toughy, as there are a lot of ways the team can go with such a diverse cast.

No matter who you choose... It'll be one heck of a team with great character contrast and huge (often complimentary) powers!

Great job everyone!!! :thumbup:

Yikes' date=' I do not want to be in the shoes responsible for that choice... tough tough tough![/quote']

Yah, the decision will be nerve wracking.

But trying to create believable super villains who can stand up to any 7 of them could make a GM cry ~ :weep:

Of course, he WILL make those villains! :fear:

Okay, the Thunderbolts campaign has been created on the Hero central site. I'll study the submissions, and I'll post our team tomorrow night.

Also, folks who aren't selected, if you'd like I can put you on the 'Reserve' list. It's a pretty common occurance for folk to drop out of online games for various reason, so there is always the possibility for spots to open up, and I'd ask folks on the 'Reserve' list first if they want any open spots.

Okay, the submissions as of now are,

McManus

Andromeda (metamorph)

Singularity (energy projector)

Haven Walker

Argent (mentalist)

WhammeWhamme

Invincible, (brick)

BunnySue

Reckless (martial artists)

GoldenAge

Echo (energy projector)

hooliganx

Log

Stilt Girl (power armor)

radioKAOS

Nightstalker (martial brick)

keyes_bill

Wolf (martial brick)

DocSamson

Crusher (brick)

Squid

Enforcer84

Journeyman (brick)

casualplayer

Mole Girl (martial artist)

Pendaran

Invictus (martial brick)

Did I miss anyone?

Submissions are still open until tonight, and then tomorrow I'll make my choice.

This one's gonna be a toughy, as there are a lot of ways the team can go with such a diverse cast.

Wow, no speedster?

strange methinks...

Actually I was thinking about putting together a speedster with a Magneto/Quicksilver legacy, but you know, I've spent enough time on Hero designer for a couple days at least ;)

then again....

I reworked and revamped Stilt-Girl's character sheet (post #256). She's up to 575 points now, and has a load of skills. She was not allowed to pursue crimefighting until she turned 21, so she went to college and travelled the world, but her determination never swayed from her real goal.

Wow, no speedster?

strange methinks...

Actually I was thinking about putting together a speedster with a Magneto/Quicksilver legacy, but you know, I've spent enough time on Hero designer for a couple days at least ;)

then again....

I was going to create a Speed Demon/Frenzy legacy, but it came out as Andromeda. I am not quite sure how that happened.

Wow, no speedster?

strange methinks...

then again....

My latest idea (which actually got partially written up! :o) was Hellbent, a Speed Demon legacy who grew up in Hell's Kitchen idolizing Daredevil. Alas, didn't have the time to finish him.

She seems very dangerous!

I have a question though... While it's obvious that she gained her physical skills from Daredevil, from whom did she inherit the incredible invulnerability.

Was her mother a super-powered criminal? If so, why did Matt hook up with her?

:thumbup:

Typhoid Mary :dyn

Ahhhh... Unfortunately I stopped reading Daredevil many years ago (about the time he changed his uniform to that padded aberation).

Were they an item in comics, or is that your invention?

They were an "an item" in the comics. She used her pheromones to suduce him (not that she need much help in that area) ;)

Okay, this was a hard choice, even harder than the Avengers team. there where some great characters, but some very different ones. I found out that some would work great with certain characters, but really clash with others. It was a real balancing act to find a group that could concievably work together and still be fun to play with. This is what I finally settled on.

Haven Walker

Argent (mentalist)

hooliganx

Pendaran

Invictus (martial brick)

Log

Stilt Girl (power armor)

keyes_bill

DocSamson

Crusher (brick)

Squid

Enforcer84

Journeyman (brick)

You have 3 elitist heirs of 2 world infamous villians and one laughing stock, one heir to a snobby ***** of a woman who was a vaunted villian before turning hero, and 3 kids of working class losers. I think the clash of world views will be interesting, as will the reasons for this crew to keep working together.

Power-wise we have a nice mix. 2 power armors, but each very unique. We have 2 very different bricks, a true martial artist in Batroc and Invictus* is right in the middle of the Brick/Martial artist slider. And rounding it out we have a mentalist and an energy projector.

The game is up on Hero Central, folks who made it, go ahead and apply your characters. Once everyone is on board we'll hash out things like how they got together, where their base is, et cetera.

I apologize to the folks who didn't make it, and my offer of keeping your names for first crack at any openings still stands.

* Pen, you said you prefered the first, less bricky version of Invictus, so thats who I went with.

Looks like a fun line-up! snobs vs losers, lol, nice!

Oh no worries about apologies, the characters you picked certainly give a sense of what the style will be, and not all characters will fit in that style.

Thanks for the update, Snake Gandhi. I look forward to gaming with you.

Game question: In your game-universe, has Emma Frost turned hero? Argent's drive to make amends for the evil done by the White Queen makes a lot more sense if Emma is still "Psychic Aryan B*tch from Hell". So could we please stick with Emma as unredeemed villain?

My, my, five of the eight of us in the Thunderbolts are women. I'm tempted to reverse Argent's gender just to even things out (and besides, gender-bending in a role-playing game can be a lot of fun).

As I'm female in the "real world", my character default is female. I didn't even give any thought to Argent's gender...but maybe "female mentalist" is just a bit of a cliché?

Maybe Argent is the White Queen's son, rather than her daughter.

Thoughts, anybody? I really DON'T want to creep anybody out with this.

Game question: In your game-universe, has Emma Frost turned hero? Argent's drive to make amends for the evil done by the White Queen makes a lot more sense if Emma is still "Psychic Aryan B*tch from Hell". So could we please stick with Emma as unredeemed villain?

It's never come up, so if you'd like, I don't see a problem.

My, my, five of the eight of us in the Thunderbolts are women. I'm tempted to reverse Argent's gender just to even things out (and besides, gender-bending in a role-playing game can be a lot of fun).

As I'm female in the "real world", my character default is female. I didn't even give any thought to Argent's gender...but maybe "female mentalist" is just a bit of a cliché?

Maybe Argent is the White Queen's son, rather than her daughter.

Thoughts, anybody? I really DON'T want to creep anybody out with this.

I certainly don't mind.