Battletech Mecha First Loves, Favourites, and just plain silly.

TheQuestionMan

Re: Battletech Mecha First Loves, Favourites, and just plain silly.

(Battletech) What type of Battlemech are You?

http://quizilla.com/users/Gon/quizzes/(Battletech)%20What%20type%20of%20Battlemech%20are%20You%3F/

Cheers

QM

Land Air 'Mech (LAM).

You are a very rare breed of 'Mech that can either fight on the ground or sprout wings and fly! This makes you extremely manouverable and versatile on the battlefield. Outside your cockpit, you have a kind heart and are confident of being able to cope with any crisis, though this can sometimes lead to arrogance. Examples of Land Air 'Mechs include the Pheonix Hawk LAM, Stinger LAM and Wasp LAM.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Beagle Prob, and a scout team in battle armor working together as FO, then call in the IDF and artilery and watch your enemy either run or die.

Land Air 'Mech (LAM).

You are a very rare breed of 'Mech that can either fight on the ground or sprout wings and fly! This makes you extremely manouverable and versatile on the battlefield. Outside your cockpit, you have a kind heart and are confident of being able to cope with any crisis, though this can sometimes lead to arrogance. Examples of Land Air 'Mechs include the Pheonix Hawk LAM, Stinger LAM and Wasp LAM.

I do love those Mech's.

Real 'Mech.

You are the backbone of the battlefield. A balanced mix of speed, armor and weaponry has you suitable for many applications; no doubt helped by your relative ease of maintainance. Tactics and skill are the key to your survival. In person you are friendly and outgoing, and a cooperative team player. You will always be there to help or protect a friend in need. Examples of Real 'Mechs include the Bushwacker, Ryoken and Goshawk.

Recon 'Mech.

You are usually very fast. Most of your gear includes nifty electronics like ECM, BAP, TAG etc. Lightly encumbered, your duty is to transmit information about enemy units or harass them, until reinforcements come to help you. Personality wise, you trust your friends a lot, and have a knack of using quick thinking to get you out of trouble, as you hate prolonged conflict. Examples of Recon 'Mechs include the Vixen, Locust and Raven.

--

They forgot to mention that as a general rule Locust pilots are bat-s*** insane.

There are certain weight classes that are just plain more efficient than others in Battletech. If memory serves (and it often doesn't) they are 5, 10, 20, 55, 75 and 90.

Fire Support 'Mech.

You provide artillery cover for everyone else, and help to weaken enemy forces before they close within range. You possess the most powerful weaponry, but since you rarely claim kills, others take the glory usually. As a person, you would be strong, silent and introspective - a pillar of strength for others to lean on and glean wisdom from. Examples of Fire Support 'Mechs include the Hollander, Catapult, and Naga.

• 4 weeks later...

My absolute favorites were the original write-ups for the Thunderbolt and Wolverine. Both of those mechs could move and shoot all weapons without overheating...very' date=' very handy[/quote']

Uhm.. I mised this earlier. Dude a Thunderbolt has 15 Heat Sinks. Firing all Weapons costs 25 plus Movement? I think you were refering to the Dragon?

Maybe

QM

The Charger was an Assaul Mech that was barely worthy of the name. 9 times out of 10 my Players would sell it for a Medium Mech or Low End Heavy Mech. If they could find a buyer.

Talk about a bad design.

QM

when using Battle Value based games, it becomes interesting. Charger fighting other assaults =bad. Charge fighting other light mechs = interesting.

I don't disgree. One time I played a game were I was playing a commado against a charger. When a light mech has more damage potenial then a assult mech' date=' you know its a bad design.[/quote']

Well, as the physical combat rules now use piloting skill as a base, you can buy a Charger with a great pilot, forget about the gunner, and suddenly have a really mean fighter--especialy as chargging is total hexes moved, not just straight line. Get a 6, 7, or even 8 hex charge going from a charger..and a light mech is hurt. Heck, most mechs are pretty unhappy.

Of coiurse, the Charger is now woefully inadequate--with the new tech and rules out now, 5/8/5 is nice, but that Warhammer that moves 5/8/ and jumps 7(yes, seven, legally...)

Still, lets not bash the Charger too badly--the other variants of it pack quite a wallop-naturaly reducing speed to do so.