Input on a bunch of bad guys?

Great Beyond

I haven’t run Champions in quite some time, and I was thinking of getting back in the saddle again. In the run up to that, I decided to brainstorm some bad guys for the game I'm playing in. A great deal of these come from my City of Heroes/Villains playing so I've been kind of thinking in those terms.

Now I haven’t thought out these bad guys beyond some basic ideas, mostly because I don't have my book handy. However, I thought I'd post 'em here to see what you guys thought of the direction I was going to go with these guys. Input, suggestions and advice would be most appreciated.

Thornbloom -

(In CoH terms, a Corrupter)

Geneticly enhanced humanoid plant. She wants to wipe out (or at least severely reduce the number of) fleshy meatbag mammals on the Earth. Think Poison Ivy, but without all the charm and good manners.

* Seeds of confusion (mind control, causing enmies to attack each other)

* Entangle (strong, but single target)

* Entangle (weaker, but area effect)

* hand attack (indirect tenticals)

* Thorn impale (single target EB)

* Fling thorns (cone attack EB)

* Sleep spores (NND pollen attack)

* Fly

Queen Bee -

(In CoH terms, a blaster)

A swarm of killer bees personified. Associate of Thornbloom, mostly because of that bee/pollen thing.

* Desolid (she's a swarm of bees! But nets and stuff would get her. Bullets not so much)

* single target energy blast

* Area effect blast (the swarm effect)

* Fly (duh)

Seductra-

(controller)

A sultry vixen with mind control powers over men. And she's a mentalist!

* Mind control (mad lust!)

* NND (the orgasmatron!)

* Stunning good looks (AKA lots of com)

* Followers (well, willing slaves)

* Fly

Infinitesimal-

(Defender, I guess)

Fun with shrinking powers

* Shrinking (LOTS of shrinking - like to the microscopic scale or thereabouts)

* Shrink others (likewise, perhaps up to 3 or so times mass)

* Energy blast (cellular disruption from shrinking bits of folks)

* Entangle (shinking just their clothes)

* NND (the air around the target's head is suddenly too small to breath)

* Force wall (lots of tightly packed air molecules)

* Full life support (tough to breath when your super small)

* Density decrease (I don't know of there is such a power. But it'd be density increase in reverse)

Overfiend-

(Brute/tank)

Disposed leader of a third world nation, now out of a job and looking to beat some Americans for fun until a new opportunity arises.

* Helluva tough

* Helluva strong

* Density increase

* Superleaping

So - what do you think, sirs?

Re: Input on a bunch of bad guys?

Well, Thorny - my thinking was: how do some plants reproduce? Spores and seeds on the wind. It seemed natural to me at the time (well, when I was buidling her in CoV at least).

As for Seductra - well I didnt see her as a teleporty or tunneling or swinging sort of chick (Well, at least not swinging in THAT way). You know - it had to be an elegant, graceful movement power. So pretty much by process of elimination, it was fly.

If anyone has ideas what fits better conceptualy, I'm all ears.

I thought about spore thing but that would be more of a glide than a fly. As for Seductra, nothing is wrong with her simply walking around. Bear in mind that she is not going to have a range penalty on her powers anyways so she probably does not need to fly to close with her opponents unless you want to just have her fly because you think it would look cool. Of course then you are going to have players that are going to say the same thing about their characters.

Yeah, dont think Seductra needs to fly. She seems powerful enough. Maybe give her a throne that she sits on while her "slaves" carry her to battle. ;)

I do find Queen Bee, very interesting in my opinion, by the way. (Maybe because for some reason I never thought of using a swarm of bees as a character. :( )

Remember, this is not City of Heroes. Does everyone in your group actually need a "travel power"? ;)

Maybe buy Seductra a Vehicle that she uses to get around on?

One of those chairs-on-poles (whatever they're called) carried by four strong, fast male followers leaps to mind... Okay, maybe not elegant or graceful. :P

EDit: Haha Badger... great minds think alike!

One of those chairs-on-poles (whatever they're called) carried by four strong' date=' fast male followers leaps to mind... Okay, maybe not elegant or graceful. :P[/quote']

That would be either a palanquin or a sedan chair. A great way for a villaness to get around.

• 2 weeks later...

As a cautionary note:

If you have any anime fans in your playgroup, having someone named "Overfiend" accompanied by a bunch of females will lead to at least one or two disruptive chuckles...

Oh - good point. That was totally subliminal, too - unintensional on my part (It's been years since I've into anime). Ok, so thats the "tone" of name that I'm going for - anyone have suggestions for something along that line, but not stolen directly from Anime?

Yeah' date=' dont think Seductra needs to fly. She seems powerful enough. Maybe give her a throne that she sits on while her "slaves" carry her to battle.[/quote']

Ok - I'm sold on the Sedan Chair. MUCH more in line with her style. I was thinking fly more because it was cool and all, but this is much more styleish. Make them beefcake Chippendale dancers or something with bare chests and those little bow ties. Perfect.

I always found it odd that nobody thought to use bug spray on Swarm when fighting him.

Bingo - and that'll be one of the disads I plug into her, once I crunch the numbers. I'm not sure which or what or how yet - but it should make a tough character easier to beat (A desoild who can still attack? Hella tough).

As for an alternate name' date=' Iron Tyrant? Conqueror? Titan?[/quote']

Oooh, I like Iron Tyrant. I might have to go with that one.

So I whiped up a couple of backgrounds, in a moment of bordom. Now, they're still a bit CoH-centric, since thats the uinverse we're playing in at the moment. But you non-gamers should still make sense of it all.

THORNBLOOM

Allow me to shed some light on my origins for the dim-witted meatbags not paying attention. Ever heard of the Heliconia Psittacorum Andromeda? Of course not, you stupid mammal - it’s a rare and exotic plant from deep in the Amazon. Ever heard of Crey Industries? Most likely. Well, what do YOU think happens when the mad scientists begin tampering with the genetic structure of a rare tropical plant with unusual properties?

Yeah, you got it. Me.

So while your narrow, animal-centric point of view would make out to be a super villain, I like to think of myself as a random cruelty generator. See, Hamidon got it all wrong - just sitting there, waiting to destroy the pathetic meatbags that show up to fight. You need to take a more proactive stance if you're going to exterminate the human race. Frankly I look forward to experimenting with all new ways of murdering and harming innocents everywhere.

OVERFIEND

General Fernando Chavez (Overfiend to his political friends and foes) was president for life of Costa Muerte, a small third world country in South America. It was a pleasant enough place, a perfect vacation getaway for all kinds of scum and villainy until Chavez attracted the attention of a power that cared even less for human rights than he did - the United States Government.

Labeled a terrorist (and worse) by Bush and his cronies, Chavez found himself "extracted" from his country by a special ops commando team. He was held in the maximum security political prisoner wing of the Ziggurat without trial for months. When the opportunity to escape arose, Overfiend seized with both hands - killing only eight guards on his way out the front gate.

While freedom was at hand, there was one problem. During his absence, Overfiend's regime was overthrown. Now an exile from his homeland, Chavez turns his attention to carving out a brand new empire in the land of opportunity.

Thornbloom -

* Seeds of confusion (mind control, causing enmies to attack each other)

So what - assuming an average PC ego (or perhaps slightly higher than average) - would be a good level for this? If I remember my tables, you need at least 30 to get this kind of effect, plus ego and defenses and whatnot. So would 10D be about right?

Also - since it's a physical spore and not a telepathic mind control thingie, is there a way to base it off of something other than Thorny's ego? Say a Dex to hit the target?