I don't have the ultimate brick

TheRavenIs

Re: I don't have the ultimate brick

Other than just picking up something heavy and throwing it, the most common brick ranged attacks would be:

The Thunderclap, in which the brick simply slaps his hands together really, really hard, creating a thunderous sound. Usually built as an area effect flash, or possibly an area effect NND. They don't necessarily have to be area effect, though; the Hulk seems able to direct his at specific targets when he wants to.

The Shockwave, in which the brick hits the ground in front of him really hard, sending a wave of vibrational energy outward. Usually built as an AE radius or AE cone EB that can only affect targets on the ground. Like the Thunderclap, AE isn't strictly necessary.

Super-Breath, in which the brick uses his super-lung muscles to blow things over at a distance. Built as an EB with Double Knockback, perhaps with an AE Line or Cone. This can also be used to justify a freezing Entangle.

For other ranged attacks, a brick is probably going to need foci or other powers.

Other than just picking up something heavy and throwing it, the most common brick ranged attacks would be:

The Thunderclap, in which the brick simply slaps his hands together really, really hard, creating a thunderous sound. Usually built as an area effect flash, or possibly an area effect NND. They don't necessarily have to be area effect, though; the Hulk seems able to direct his at specific targets when he wants to.

The Shockwave, in which the brick hits the ground in front of him really hard, sending a wave of vibrational energy outward. Usually built as an AE radius or AE cone EB that can only affect targets on the ground. Like the Thunderclap, AE isn't strictly necessary.

Super-Breath, in which the brick uses his super-lung muscles to blow things over at a distance. Built as an EB with Double Knockback, perhaps with an AE Line or Cone. This can also be used to justify a freezing Entangle.

For other ranged attacks, a brick is probably going to need foci or other powers.

Thank you, I already have done a few of those. I was just wondering how to do other powers.

I will rep you when I have it to give.

Yeah, but you can build a lot with foci - from the classic grab a pole and start swinging (stretching, OAF), rip up the water pipe & direct the water at someone (EB, OAF, side effects), throwing "small" objects (eg, mailboxes, Yugos, armored cars) - EB, with OAF, and so forth.

Focus for all of these are basically "items of opportunity", so, in a barren desert, MegaBrick can't use the stretching power without first locating a pole (or other object).

I do recommend picking up Ultimate Brick - some very nice stuff in there, and useful to hand to a new player (along with Sidekick) to get them thinking.

If you've got a Ben Grimm type brick maybe he could fire off a rock-blast from the material that makes up his body. This one works well for many earth-themed bricks. Give the character a gem theme (maybe made of solid ruby) and when he puts his hands together and squeezes he can excite the atoms and generate a laser beam.

One thing I have seen in the comics is that a really tough brick can spit pretty far and hard. Probably do that as a RKA, Pen (it always seems to be able to breach a containment suit and stuff like that).

That's my 2 bits

I'm sure some of these will be repeated:

- As noted above, any large object sufficient to do damage with. Only flaw is that it's near impossible to know how much base damage the object is supposed to do (although I suppose you could base it on weight class from the table).

- Ripping up a chunk of earth and using it as a shield (Force Wall, OIF: Earth or Rock) then peeling it out of the ground and heaving it down field (EB/RKA).

- Air Compression; the Brick swings with such force that a super-powerful ball of air crashes into the target. Works in any setting, particularly appropriate for a Ninja Hero campaign.

- Ground Pound/Thunderclap/Foot Stomp (I also read 'super breath' up there I think before I glossed past the rest of the entries).

- Primal Yell as a Cone for dealing Stun & Flashing Sound. With super-powerful lungs the Brick unleashes a tremendous shout that drowns out all other sound and stuns his victims.

All the remaining ideas that come to mind are incredibly disgusting. But remember to get leaping. It's as good as a ranged attack any day.

:rofl:

How about a simple yell? If the brick is about muscles, and vocal cords and breathing are about muscles.... he could yell really loudly. Stun folks that way. A bit like Howler from Wildcards if you want to amp it up.

Bricks are generally very impressive and imposing, so some bonus to Presence Attacks (or just straight Presence) may be warranted.

DJ mentioned Leaping, and I second that, but also point out that with great leg muscles come the potential for great running and swimming speeds.

A silly take is the "magic muscles" abilities, I believe the character was Flex Mentalo from one run of the Doom Patrol.

If instead of throwing an object you punch it and cause it to fly into pieces the attack could become Autofire or Area of Effect.

Same thing could make a Flash or an NND (because breathing particulate asphalt can't be good for you).

There's the attack from ultimate brick or USPD where the brick grabs a handful of loose material (or makes some loose material :) ) and throws it at the enemy. It's two powers in a multipower. If the stuff is blunt, it's an EB, if it's sharp, then it's an RKA. Both have Cone and No Range.

Shockwave, Physical Energy Blast, requires strength roll, no range, area effect line, only against targets on the ground, double knockback. The brick character rips up the street and snaps it like a whip or pounds the ground and creates a fissure in the substrate.

Of course it all depends on why your brick is a brick. One of my high strength characters is actually a multiform of a telekinetic (special effect, the telekinetic draws stuff in to make a protective body and then "animates" its) as the character grew, there weren't any more powers I wanted, so this form too took a TK, representing residual telekinetic abilities.

Thank you, I already have done a few of those. I was just wondering how to do other powers.

I will rep you when I have it to give.

I had a character idea, the "Iron Marshall."

Cowboy Brick, with perhaps pistols, but there was one thing that was really nasty.

The steel cable or Kevlar rope or whatever that he carried around as a lariat.

A whip, particularly a "super whip" could be good too.

If you don't mind playing silly, you can do almost anything.

Imagine a brick who eats watermelons all the time, and spits the seeds at hypersonic velocities...

A chaw of tobaccy could produce some nasty effects. :idjit:

A small, hard object, such as a penny or pebble, thown at incredible velocity, such as might be done by someone with amazing strength, could be a quite effective Ranged Killing Attack.

Another good one is Missile Reflection - as long as the bullets are bouncing off you, you might as well put them to good use.

One of the kewlest bricks I've seen in a campaign, Ground-Zero, was an absorber who'd become a brick after throwing himself on top of a city-buster concussion bomb. His STR was part of a Multipower that included an explosion effect.. he was either 60 STR straight, or 40 STR explosion no range. Really dramatic effects when he picked up everything within twenty feet of his body and threw it all at once.

Sectin the 8' tall alien ant man usually just beat things down with 65 STR, but he also had a distance attack... a really icky distance attack.

Penangalan was kind of a telekinetic zombie. He had an EB, which was firing his finger bones at an opponent, and an RKA, which were ribs. Recoverable charges. But he was basically a flying regeneration brick.

These are all in addition to various brick tricks and power stunts, throwing and blowing and clapping and tapping and whatever else you have in your bag. It is not hard to come up with a brick character concept that includes a distance attack or two. My recommendation? If a brick has a built-in distance attack, make it something that complements their hand-to-hand abilities.

Sectin's distance weapon was a Drain res PD, his acids would eat away at armor or toughened skin, and then his punches are more effective. G-Man had suppress Flight, he didn't need to use Energy Blast if falling damage was enough to finish his opponent. If the opponent isn't KOed by falling damage, then at least they're on the ground where he can do some real damage. Area effect entangles don't need to be real big, they just need to hold the villain speedster or martial artist long enough for a haymaker, like Zak'r'ah the Golem's "rubble" attack.

Well, those are my ideas. Hope they help.