Anyone know what happened to JLU?

wrestlinggeek

Re: Anyone know what happened to JLU?

They are going to be doing direct-to-video movies for JLU and TT. I think The Avengers d-t-v movie made a ton of loot and DC is following.

Behold the power of money.

Do you have a cite? A quick check doesn't seem to mention this.

Well, that's good, though I hope to whatever deity influences graphical media that they don't base it on Identity Crisis. The animated series is amongst my last refuges from angst, please let it not be tainted.

Not that a well-told dark story (which I don't consider IC to be, actually, but that's another matter) isn't appreciated, but not in every venue, every time.

Three seasons then the axe seems to be the formula for a lot of animated shows in the West' date=' for better or worse.[/quote']

Actually, 5 seasons (78 episodes, IIRC) is considered a nice sized run for syndication, which is just what TT and JLU got.

Actually' date=' 5 seasons (78 episodes, IIRC) is considered a nice sized run for syndication, which is just what TT and JLU got.[/quote']

Which is what I'm saying: it's good that they went on as long as they did. Though JLU is only five seasons if you include JLA (which is reasonable).

Uhm' date=' huh? Is it inappropriate to discuss the dtv releases that are planned of a show we liked? What did I miss?[/quote']

Well, the planned dtv releases are not based on the show you liked. For example, they are planned to be more or less direct adaptations of the comic book material being adapted with the art styles similar to those comics. So, the New Frontier release will be based on Darwyn Cooke's miniseries and feature art in his style, while the Judas Contract release will feature the characters of that classic era (not the TV Teen Titans) in style of George Perez. Yes, some of the same people are involved, but it's not like they're going to be doing adaptations in the style of JLU or the Teen Titans cartoons and fitting them into those continuities.

Let me make sure I understand: we were discussing the cancellation of a show, which some of us liked, and answering a question someone had asked about what had happened. We discuss the upcoming releases of a similar subject, which is good news. Then, you pop in and say "move on" when we not only already had, but had already moved on to the new stuff in the discussion.

Sorry, just didn't see the point. Still don't. But I shall now, indeed, move on.

I apologize. That may have been a bit too harsh, but I just get irked by people who seem to get overly attached to things like TV shows or RPG characters. Enjoy them while they're there. When they're gone, move on. After all, does having your favorite TV show cancelled or your favorite RPG character die really matter all that much or have that much affect on your life?

Three seasons then the axe seems to be the formula for a lot of animated shows in the West' date=' for better or worse.[/quote']

Well, let's be fair.

JLU was really a continuation of Justice League, so we're talking five seasons. That's a very good run these days - and they were able to wrap up most of the story arcs.

JL was also a continuation of the Superman run, which was also an expansion of the Batman run, which started in the early nineties! I'd say it had a good run. We'd all like more, but - hey.

I apologize. That may have been a bit too harsh' date=' but I just get irked by people who seem to get overly attached to things like TV shows or RPG characters. Enjoy them while they're there. When they're gone, move on. After all, does having your favorite TV show cancelled or your favorite RPG character die really matter all that much or have that much affect on your life?[/quote']

Rod.

We are GEEKS.

I apologize. That may have been a bit too harsh' date=' but I just get irked by people who seem to get overly attached to things like TV shows or RPG characters. Enjoy them while they're there. When they're gone, move on. After all, does having your favorite TV show cancelled or your favorite RPG character die really matter all that much or have that much affect on your life?[/quote']

I get irked by people starting with apologetic statements but then doiing the opposite of apologizing.

I guess it really was 5 seasons, huh? Just doesn't seem that long. A big part of my frustration is that thanks to my work schedule, I wasn't able to see much of the last 2 seasons, and kept hearing about how they were getting better and better. Oh, well, I got my rant over with and will now wait for the DVDs and S-T-DVD movies. Thanks, all.