Background help

L.Craig

Nedd help with characters background, the character was soldier in the Canadian Army, while on duty he gets captured by somebody. Anyways he gets experimented on by a villian and given powers the result of the experiments also brainwashed the guy erasing any former memorys. Anyways becomes a superpowered monster for this villian, killing people. One day he regained his memorys of who he was, so he escaped his master, turned himself in, and eventually became a hero.

My problem, is I need some villians from the Champions Universe who might have done these experiments. Any ideas because the guy will also become a hunted for the character. Also I don't want to use VIPER or Telios, because they are somebody elses hunteds in our group. Im trying to change it up.

Re: Background help

Hmm... Dr. Destroyer is certainly a possibility, but taking him as a Hunter is a rather risky proposition.

If the character's powers can be even remotely connected to reptiles, especially with a reptilian appearance, then King Cobra (described in the adventure book Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth and the new Evil Unleashed villain compendium) would be very appropriate. KC would likely count as a More Powerful Hunter for a 350-point beginning character.

OTOH if the PC's powers/appearance could be classed as insectile, Hornet from Conquerors, Killers And Crooks would work well. He's a 350-pointer himself.

Another possibility is the Warlord, also in CKC. He's created one superhuman minion for his War Machine supervillain team by grafting cybernetics to him. He could also try grafting body parts from the alien "blueboy" (Hzeel) corpse in his possession to grant the recipient superpowers, as happened to the VIPER villain Occulon. It would be logical for the Warlord to choose a soldier to experiment on. He would be More Powerful than a beginning character.

The late Professor Muerte, formerly the leader of Terror Inc., had the knowledge to create a monstrous superstrong follower, Giganto, and brainwashing was certainly his style. You would need to rationalize Muerte's survival of the treachery of his former lieutenant, Scorpia (now a member of Eurostar), or else create a successor using his technology and maybe name. IIRC our colleague Enforcer84 wrote up a returned Muerte - I'll see if I can find that writeup.

EDIT: Ah, here's the webpage where you can view the updated Muerte: http://www.realschluss.org/chad_riley_npcs/Villains/Legion_of_Muerte/legion_of_muerte.htm . Scroll about half way down the page. This version of the Prof would almost certainly count as More Powerful.

The late Professor Muerte' date=' formerly the leader of Terror Inc., had the knowledge to create a monstrous superstrong follower, Giganto, and brainwashing was certainly his style. You would need to rationalize Muerte's survival of the treachery of his former lieutenant, Scorpia (now a member of Eurostar), or else create a successor using his technology and maybe name. IIRC our colleague Enforcer84 wrote up a returned Muerte - I'll see if I can find that writeup.[/quote']

Alternatively, you could forego the Hunted and use Muerte as his creator. Muerte's death could be the catalyst which breached the mind control. There's no reason Scorpia couldn't then hunt the character out of vengeance for actions taken while under Muerte's control.

Hmmm...maybe there's a residue of Muerte's control which still requires the character kill Scorpia - enough, perhaps, that he would attack her on sight, similar to an Enraged. That would give her a reason to Hunt the character - get him before he becomes a threat to me.

ARGENT or the (fictional) countryof Awad. ARGENT is always trying to advance anykind of tech' date=' and Awad has a program to produce Superhumans.[/quote']

Of course Awad is a major sponsor of ARGENT, so those goals blend together nicely. :thumbup:

Now that you mention it, Chiquador is also trying to create its own supersoldiers. The way the world is nowadays, there are plenty of reasons for a Canadian soldier to be in the Middle East or South America, and fall into the hands of one of these "rogue states."

Sure. :) I think he was a villain from Dennis Mallonee's old Champions campaign. He and his Ubermachine are mentioned in Enemies III and The Great Supervillain Contest, both contributions by Mallonee. Solid silver-age cheese. :D

However, I got the impression that the OP was looking for current CU villains, and Prof P. isn't in continuity.

How about not picking right now? What if he doesn't remember who actually did it to him. This would leave many really good possibilities. And later when the PC has more clearly defined himself, you can select the exact villian. If the hero has a fear of hights, could it be that the villian's headquarters was was high? A mountain fortress or a even a floating island/ship. A fear of snakes from the the hazy memory of Cobra?

Well, if you are trying to be "realistic", you should consider where the Canadian Forces have been recently. Prior to 9/11, their only overseas actions were as peacekeepers, mostly in Africa, but also in Cyprus, and possibly some other places.

In Africa, several possible villians/groups that might have captured him are Demon, Zorran the Artificer (CKC), Joseph Otanga (Champions Worldwide, he could have hired scientist to start his own supersoldier project), or possibly Anubis (CKC).