DM of the Rings

Gawain

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: DM of the Rings

"Sure, it can be bad when you realize that one of your players has been zoning out during crucial moments. But, the real horror sets in when the players who have been paying attention try to explain, and their perception of your gameworld is so different from your intention that you almost don’t recognize it as your own."

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Crossing: Both ways

This turned into a running joke with my Freedom Patrol game. The players turned everything into their own, competing, warped mega-conspiracies. Only one player really knew what was going on (out of character, though his character had a wrong theory), and another would frequently say "we're all wrong." And sometimes the perception gap in terms of events... astounded the mind. On the other hand, most understood the milieu pretty well, except for one player who translated everything into movie references and plots that were almost never situation appropriate. His explanations of the world, rather than the events, often left me (and some of the other players) agape.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: DM of the Rings

It should be noted that the jokes are easily portable between systems. ;) Most of them are about the players' date=' not the system itself.[/quote']True, quite true.... this could just as easily be an illustration of trying to convert a bunch of D20 players to FH. :D

(Not that I'm actually contributing anything to the conversation in a remotely timely manner, of course. I just wanted to keep this thread up front so I can continue to follow the comic without having to make a bookmark.... ;) )