Artifacts

bloomann

This is a post apocolyptic fantasy campaign where the heroes (skilled normals and possibly low fi powers) find themselves about 400 years in the future of a world where marvel and dc collided and nearly destroyed everything. So far I thought the group of adventurers would be looking for the lost artifacts of these heroes : an emerald ring, a star spangled shield, a golden lasso, a set of armor, an old looking walking stick...

there are possibly several secret organisations : the Dark Knights, The Iron-Men, The Tribe of Doom...

There are different descendants from the supers : The sons of Kal El (the mix of human and krypton created a race of demi super men and women)...

A lone warrior from the acient past living in the waste lands of what was once Canada is said to know something of the secrets of the ancient times...

Any comments suggestions?

Re: Artifacts

That sounds like a pretty cool campaign, though it may suffer from oversaturation of cultural/comicbook references. I'd keep them low-key at least to start, and gradually work in the idea that this is a post-apocalyptic marvel/dc fusion universe... :)

Have fun!

That was the idea, the past is lost in legend, there are little or no records, people live in a bronze age environment, but there is an inkling of references, inside jokes and characters allowing the PC's to figure out what world they are on. the secret of the catastrophy will be revealed through the game. When I talk of Cap's shield, which is somewhere lost on a blasted battle field, I won't say "And there you see Cap's Shield", but rather keep to objective discriptions of items. I just need help getting a decent list going and possible "survivors" from the past, or what forms would their legacies would take.

Thor's hammer being used in a blacksmith's shop?

Iron Man's armor standing, dusty amongst a bunch of other suits of old armor? Maybe being used as a h at rack?

Wonder Woman's bracer, or one of them, being worn by a two-bit servicer in a flophouse?

Green Lantern's ring as just one more piece of bling on some gaudily dressed man?

Superman's cape being used as a door curtain in a little hut?

Cool. This would make a nice graphic novel.

Have bards and minstrels telling legends that tell inflated and error-filled versions of the world that was, of how George Washington prayed to the Great Copper Woman of the Bay, and she smiled upon him and granted him great power, and so was created Captain America!

The emerald, scarlet, and amythest bows (Green Arrow, Arsenel, Hawkeye)

The wings of the Hawk God and Goddess

The golem of winds, and the armor that traps him (Red tornado)

The staff of the night (Starman/Stargirl)

The Evernight Sword (Ebony Blade of the Black Knight)

I'll think on it some more...

I just need help getting a decent list going and possible "survivors" from the past' date=' or what forms would their legacies would take.[/quote']

Some of the immortal characters might conceivably still be alive. Let's see...

Thor (obviously)

Firebird (at least hinted at in Busiek's run of the Avengers)

Vision (maybe)

Ultron (maybe) :fear:

Phoenix

Wonder Man (does the ionic energy make him immortal? -- in which case Nefaria and Atlas, too)

Hercules

Ghost Rider

Wolverine

Circe (and any of the Eternals)

On the DC side of things

Wonder Woman (?)

Martian Manhunter (?)

Hawk & Dove (the Lords of Chaos & Order are immortal, so their avatars might be as well)

Superman (who knows how Kryptonian physiology really works?)

More as I think of it...

Some of the immortal characters might conceivably still be alive. Let's see...

Thor (obviously)

Firebird (at least hinted at in Busiek's run of the Avengers)

Vision (maybe)

Ultron (maybe) :fear:

Phoenix

Wonder Man (does the ionic energy make him immortal? -- in which case Nefaria and Atlas, too)

Hercules

Ghost Rider

Wolverine

Circe (and any of the Eternals)

On the DC side of things

Wonder Woman (?)

Martian Manhunter (?)

Hawk & Dove (the Lords of Chaos & Order are immortal, so their avatars might be as well)

Superman (who knows how Kryptonian physiology really works?)

More as I think of it...

DC side as well:

Vandle Savage :angst:

Phatom Stranger

Ra's Al Ghul ? (If he has not become immune to the Lazerus Pit)

Most of the Amazons

Orion

Mr. Mircle (Scott Free)

Big Bertha

Sentinal (Alan Scott)

Dr Fate

Shazam/Marvel/Billy Batson (The Wizard of the Power)

Ion

Etrigan the Demon :eg:

If I'm not mistaken' date=' I think Wolvie's the ancient warrior in Canada mentioned in the OP.[/quote']

Yeah that's right but for the story I wanted him to be amnesiac maybe even returned to a very primative savage character

I thought also Superman has gone away but before he left he created a "sacred" city (after Metrapolis was destroyed) and helped populate it (er hum) thus creating a race of demi kryptons, they would be only a little more powerful then humans and they protect their "advanced city" probably the only one left from the rest of the world, they might even have turned into tyrants with the power they obviously have somethiong that the league of Dark Knights is readily eager to see destroyed...

the plot thickens

:sneaky:

Yeah that's right but for the story I wanted him to be amnesiac maybe even returned to a very primative savage character

I thought also Superman has gone away but before he left he created a "sacred" city (after Metrapolis was destroyed) and helped populate it (er hum) thus creating a race of demi kryptons, they would be only a little more powerful then humans and they protect their "advanced city" probably the only one left from the rest of the world, they might even have turned into tyrants with the power they obviously have somethiong that the league of Dark Knights is readily eager to see destroyed...

the plot thickens

:sneaky:

What happened to the Fortress of Solitude, then? Seems like that would be a far more likely place to stand the test of time than Metropolis or the ruined city of Metropolis or whatnot.... plus with a mixture of DC and Marvel, you could have the Fortress of Solitude located in the Savage Land (talk about a place time forgot).

BTW, What's the walking stick in the OP about?

BTW' date=' What's the walking stick in the OP about?[/quote']

I think he is thinking of the stellar power collection rod of Starman I and V and the Star Spangle Kid I and II. It allows them to manipulate gravity and electro-magintism if I remember correctly. Cool Toy. It is a DC gadget of extreme power. (Starman V was the one who had his father (Starman I) make it into a weird walking stick, actually more of a wizard's staff)

Also would the Green Lanterns ring even be on earth, assuming the Gaurdians or Watchers are still around.

I could also see Vandle Savage using the Illuminati to control this new age with superiour technology/magic.

Also Victor Von Doom might of used his technomagery to survive and now rules central Europe with it.

Originally Posted by SpydirShellXviewpost.gif

BTW, What's the walking stick in the OP about?

I think he is thinking of the stellar power collection rod of Starman I and V and the Star Spangle Kid I and II. It allows them to manipulate gravity and electro-magintism if I remember correctly. Cool Toy. It is a DC gadget of extreme power. (Starman V was the one who had his father (Starman I) make it into a weird walking stick' date=' actually more of a wizard's staff)[/quote']

Actually, I thought it was a reference to Donald Blake's cane... before I remembered that Odin had released Thor from the geas that compelled him to take the form of a lame mortal when not battling evil.

I think he is thinking of the stellar power collection rod of Starman I and V and the Star Spangle Kid I and II. It allows them to manipulate gravity and electro-magintism if I remember correctly. Cool Toy. It is a DC gadget of extreme power. (Starman V was the one who had his father (Starman I) make it into a weird walking stick, actually more of a wizard's staff)

Also would the Green Lanterns ring even be on earth, assuming the Gaurdians or Watchers are still around.

I could also see Vandle Savage using the Illuminati to control this new age with superiour technology/magic.

Also Victor Von Doom might of used his technomagery to survive and now rules central Europe with it.

Jack's staff was actualy the prototype of the one his father (Starman I) and his brother (A very short lived star man whom I forget the number of) used. Something about the refined one being destroyed or stolen, don't remember now...

• 1 month later...

something about a sword he stole in the middle east IIRC' date=' hes not immortal, but he isnt young either, he and Wolverine were both soldiers in teh same unit during WW1[/quote']

Was there a war Wolverine was NOT in? I keep expecting Marvel to start talking about how Logan stood against the Persians at Thermopolae.