[Interest in a HeroCentral game]

Kirby

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [interest in a HeroCentral game]

Think I may have to blow the dust off Sunknight for this one. He is built to be California born and bred, so he could be a San Angelino easily. He's an associate professor at Cal State-Whatever's closest to the campaign city :D , although at his flight speeds he can call anywhere his home. He's a bullet brick with a heart (and skin) of gold.

Lemme know when you're ready and what format you want him in, Kirby.

:deep breath:

Here it goes:

Genre: Champions. Mainly 4-color (not necessarily Golden/Silver Age, but definitely not Iron Age or Dark Champions).

General Description: This is a standard Superhero comic book campaign. The PCs are superheroes in a modern pseudo-5E CU with characters from previous editions as well. They will fight against supervillain teams, supervillains, and villainous agencies. All characters should be sanctioned* (Champions Universe, pg. 43) at either the city, state, or national level. The PCs should be readily acceptable when it comes to teamwork; the players should understand their PCs will become members of a team. PCs cannot have a strong or total fear of heights.

Importance of the PCs: While definitely the most important characters in the campaign, in the campaign world, the PCs can sometimes affect the world (or, at the least, preventing major, detrimental, world-wide affects), sometimes have the ear of the government and other important people; however, the heroes are not the "be-all-and-end-all of the world."

Morality: Good vs. Bad is mostly clear-cut. Shades of gray or moral quandries may creep up from time to time, but it should :fingers crossed: be obvious when that happens.

Realism: Generally realistic with some leeway (with good rolls you can swing from chandeliers, but you can't dialogue two to three paragraphs while falling from said chandelier with a failed roll).

Outlook: Optimistic - almost everything works out (some failures may happen, a few may be engineered).

Seriousness: Seriousness balanced by some light-heartedness.

Continuity: I'm going to try my darnedest not to destroy the time-space continuity. Some long stories with some episodic ones.

*Sanctioned doesn't mean "employed by the goverment." Here's a modified package deal (Federal level is 13 points**) if you wish to be sanctioned for a city/state level:

2 KS: State Criminal Law 11-

2 KS: State Criminal Procedure 11-

2 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers

You may also take a 10pt 8- watched

**CU, p. 43 states the package deal should have 6pts in Contacts, you can gain this easily by choosing 8-, Good Relation, Organization.

CHARACTER BUILDING GUIDELINES

Total Points 350 (200 base + 150 Disads)

Max Points from one Disadvantage Category: 50

Please use the "Character Ability Guidelines Table" from FREd p.15 with these notes:

-Maximum ACTIVE Points for a Main Power 80 (most should be 60 or less)

-Bricks can have higher STR than 40

-Defenses can be higher than 20

-"Formula of X"

While trying to find a good ground to make sure some characters didn't steal the spotlight from others in the "overpowered" catagory, I looked through CKC at all the 350 point villains and came up with a "60 point" cap, which most seemed to follow. While following the guidelines as best as possible: Add your DC* + SPD + Average Def [(PD+ED)/2], + OCV (ECV) + DCV (or ECV, again) + Skill levels**. These should equal 60 or less.

EDIT: 1d6 Unluck Required (may be bought off with XP)

*If your main power is a 12d6 EB, but you have an advantage that makes it 75 Active Points, I will consider it a DC 15 for purposes of the formula.

**Skill levels If you have an Overall Combat of +1, HtH +1 and Punch +1, this would be +3. If you have +3 with Kung Fu and +2 with Energy Blaster, this would be +3 (the higher bonus). If you have +3 with Kung Fu and +1 DCV, this would be +4. (Martial Arts bonuses and minus for maneuvers do not have to be added, so +2 OCV for Block and +5 for Dodge don't have to be added in this equation.)

Using GRAB as an Example:

Black Diamond

DC 12 + SPD 6 + Def 25 (PD/ED 25/25 - not concerned with resistant) + OCV 7 + DCV 7 + 2HtH = 12+6+25+7+7+2 = 59.

Cheshire Cat

DC 10 + SPD 6 + Def 17 + OCV 8 + DCV 12 (8+4DCV Defensive teleport) + 2HtH = 10+6+17+8+12+2 = 55

NOTE: If you have TWO separate attacks (such as a 60 pt EB and a 40pt EB) I will count the first at full value (60= 12DC) and the second at half value (40=4DC, for a total of 16 DC). If they are the same (60+60) then one will be counted as half (12+6=18DC).

Submissions may be sent to me via PM, or mailed to grond.hero@sbcglobal.net or -if you aren't worried about others seeing your submissions- you may post them here (though I'll respond by PM).

I have Hero Designer v 2.42 if anyone wants to send their submissions that way (which would be the easiest for me IF you have it).

On a side, if you've read my posts and the majority you think "this guy's an idiot" or "I don't like his gaming style" then it's probably best not to apply as our personalities would probably clash.

More to follow.

Here were some "house rules" that I used in previous games and would still use.

HOUSE RULES:

A 'to hit' roll of 3 will always succeed, and as long as a 3 or less wasn't needed, it will do maximum damage. A 'to hit' or skill roll of 18 will always miss or fail, and will generally be harmful, if not embaressing.

DAZED: What HERO refers to as CON Stunned, I refer to as dazed. When Dazed, you must spend your next phase recovering from it, if you are both Dazed and knocked below 0 Stun, you must spend your next available phase recovering from it, then your following available phase taking a REC until you are in the positives. (Note: This is the 4E version.) Side: If brought to 0 Stun exactly, you must make a CON roll. Success you can still act, failure means you must take a REC and are treated as if in negative Stun.

DENSITY INCREASE, GROWTH, and SHRINKING: If you want these to be considered 'permanently' on, you may buy them as 0 END, Persitant, Always On. Consider purchasing Inherent as well. (NOTE: You don't have to, but I feel the bonuses that come with them are better than using disadvantages and buying the "bonuses" separately.)

FIND WEAKNESS/LACK OF WEAKNESS: I don't see the need to make you spend extra points defining Normal/Resistant attacks/defenses on these. So, if you have FW: Standard Defenses, it applies to both normal and killing attacks. Just as a Lack of Weakness for Mental Defense would apply to normal Mental attacks and Killing Mental attacks. (This is not the same as being hit with a killing attack, just the FW/LoW part.)

FLASH: I treat flashes a little differently, but somewhat more forgiving/realistic, IMHO. The Body/Flash is rolled normally, but the 'total' is now the minus the affected character is at PER rolls and OCV. The victim of the flash will recover one point for each of his/her phases. So a flash of 5 will put the target at -5 on say Seg. 2. If the target is a 5 Speed, he/she will be at -5 on phase 3, -4 on phase 5, -3 on phase 8, and so forth.

LUCK/UNLUCK: While allowing good things to happen to the PC with the Points of Luck on the Luck Table I tend to use the first three options under Other Ways Of Using Luck (FREd, p. 129) depending on how the player prefers. For Unluck, while I use the Levels table (p. 222), I also treat it as the opposite of the benefits of Luck.

RAPID FIRE/SWEEP: This is allowed, but only for up to three shots total, and not on the same character.

POSTING: If you know you'll be out during certain times, please let me know, along with what your character will be doing. This is especially important in combat. I would like to see an average of 5 posts per week.

PULLED PUNCH: If you want to pull a punch, it is just a -1 OCV, regardless of STR or Damage Class being pulled. (NOTE: This is not the same as using less dice, if you have a 70 STR, you can roll 10d6 for damage with no problem, but if you want to roll 14d6, but "pulling" to do less body, then a -1 OCV.)

PUSHING: No EGO roll is necessary; however, you may only push each power once per turn.

CHARACTERS: Generally, all characters from 5E will exist at the beginning of the campaign, though don't expect to randomly see NPCs from Vibora Bay.

3rd & 4th Ed Hero Teams that will exist:

Freedom Squad

• American Eagle
  • Black Phantom
  • Dimension Man
  • Hardhat
  • Jo-Tan
  • Victrix

Justice Foundation (San Angelo, CA [real San Angelo is in Texas, fictional one is in California])

• AirCav
  • Azteca
  • Corona
  • Lotus
  • Savant

Protectors (San Francisco, CA)

• Ace
  • Brainstorm
  • Doc Sonic
  • Dr. Wraithe
  • Helios
  • Malestrom
  • Quasar Dayn
  • Renegade
  • Silverfist

3rd & 4th Villain teams that you might know about (or use in your background, if you wish):

VOICE

Seven Horsemen

Anarchy (San Angelo)

Scions (San Angelo)

Other sources: BBB, Classic Enemies, Enemies for Hire, Enemies of San Angelo, Enemies: The International File, Enemies: Villainy Unbound, and Watchers of the Dragon. (I also have Allies, but probably won't use anyone from there.)

FYI: 5E books I have: Arcane Adversaries, Champs, Champs Battlegrounds, CU, Champs WW, CKC, DEMON, Gadgets & Gear, Heros Sys Vehic, MC, Ninja Hero, STaST, Teen Champs (probably won't use it), The Utimate series: TUB, TUMA, TUV, UNTIL: DoF, USPD, Vibora Bay (doubt I'll use it) Villainy Amok, VIPER.

I haven't come up with a campaign name yet :( and I don't want to mention my GM fiat/plot to get the PCs together as a team. Once all that are to be accepted have been, I may ask for names or do something generic (to get a spot on HeroCentral) and have the "sub name" be more specific.

Any types of generic package deals (via Ultimate Skill) available? I personally like the "expand the skill frameworks (3 pts, -1 per skill in the framework)" idea, but if not no biggie.

Kevin "who just realized he had 80 points in skills" Schultz

Since I don't have that book, let's do a "no" on it for now; however, if I ever get around to buying it and like the idea, I can reconsider.

It's not paranoia when they're after you!

HUNTEDS :bmk:

If you're a mutant, put down IHA (MoPow, NCI, kill/capture) as the world at large doesn't hate you.

If you're a martial artist worth your salt, put down Cult of the Red Banner (MoPow, kill/capture), even if you don't know who they are. :eg:

Mystics may put down DEMON, but at no higher than 11-.

Mentalists may put down PSI and most likely will have IHA as well.

Any others?

Re: It's not paranoia when they're after you!

If you're a mutant, put down IHA (MoPow, NCI, kill/capture) as the world at large doesn't hate you.

If you're a martial artist worth your salt, put down Cult of the Red Banner (MoPow, kill/capture), even if you don't know who they are. :eg:

Mystics may put down DEMON, but at no higher than 11-.

Any others?

I take it PSI is okay if I use the updated Ronin...or would you prefer IHA(though it wouldn't make much sense in this case)?

Rob

I take it PSI is okay if I use the updated Ronin...or would you prefer IHA(though it wouldn't make much sense in this case)?
For him, both would be appropriate.

EDIT: I edited the Hunted list to include the Mentalist angle.

Add your DC* + SPD + Average Def [(PD+ED)/2]' date=' + OCV (ECV) + DCV (or ECV, again) + Skill levels**. These should equal 60 or less.[/quote']

Dc 12 + SPD 7 + ([PD 12 + ED 9] /2) + OCV 10 + DCV 10 + no skill levels to speak of = 50.5 if I have done the math right.

Snow Leopard

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 20 15- Lift 1600.0kg; 6d6 [3]

29 DEX 57 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

28 CON 36 15-

11 BODY 2 11-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

13 PRE 3 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

12 COM 1 11-

12 PD 0 Total: 12 PD (6 rPD)

9 ED 0 Total: 9 ED (3 rED)

7 SPD 31 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

12 REC 0

50 END -3

40 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 169

Movement: Running: 9"/18"

Leaping: 8"/16"

Swimming: 3"/6"

Cost Powers END

14 Tough: Armor (6 PD/3 ED)

37 Sharp: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points) 1

16 Healing Sleep: Healing BODY 1d6 (standard effect: 3 points), Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, -2 1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; Only while asleep; -3/4)

15 Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: 200 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat)

7 Reduced END on STR: Naked Modifier, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (7 Active Points)

Martial Arts

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Martial Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 40 STR to Disarm

4 Martial Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Martial Escape +0 +0 45 STR vs. Grabs

3 Martial Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on

4 Martial Strike +0 +2 8d6 Strike

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 6d6 +v/5, Target Falls

3 Takedown +1 +1 6d6 Strike; Target Falls

Perks

1 License, Bail Enforcement Agent, State of New York: Fringe Benefit: License to practice a profession

1 Fringe Benefit: Passport

7 Luis Lopez, P O, NYPD: Contact (Contact has: useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 13-

2 State of New York: Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers

Talents

15 Combat Sense 12-

Skills

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

3 Combat Driving 15-

3 Criminology 12-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Skip Trace: PS: Bail Enforcement Agent 12-

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Sleight Of Hand 15-

3 Stealth 15-

3 Streetwise 12-

2 New York State Criminal Law: KS 11-

2 New York State Criminal Procedure : KS 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 181

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

0 Custom Disadvantage: will use appropriate force

10 Distinctive Features; Black woman with White hair: (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Distinctive Features, detects as metahuman: (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

25 Enraged when children endangered: (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-

10 Watched, Sanctioning agency: 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation; Overconfident: (Very Common, Strong)

10 Social Limitation; Public ID: (Frequently, Minor)

20 Susceptibility: Takes STUN from Flash attacks, all senses, 3d6 damage Instant (Common)

25 Hunted: IHA 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Cult of the Red Banner 11- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: Twenty-odd years before the campaign starts, a preschool child was found wandering the streets of Manhattan, unaccompanied. She said she was lost, hungry, and tired, but despite the freezing night and lack of a coat she never complained of being cold. English seemed to be the only language she knew. Her accent was more Connecticut than anything else. She said her name was Jean, but didn't know her last name or her parents names or her home town. She appeared to be what use to be called a quadroon, three fourths White and one quarter Black, but with naturally platinum blonde hair. Checks of missing child reports, first in the tristate area, then nationwide, turned up no matches.

She spent the next twelve years in the New York foster care system, staying with thirty families all over the city, meeting a number of good people and a few not as good. For seven years questions about her legal status barred her from permanent adoption, after that, always seemed that something came up to prevent her permanent placement. (“I’m not superstitious,” said one of her caseworkers, “but if there ever was a child under a curse she was it. Never saw such a run of plain bad luck!”) She also never got sick as a child, and any bumps and bruises (as well as wounds caused by one abusive caregiver) healed overnight. She gained hostility toward criminals, white collar and otherwise, who exploit the poor and working class.

She was officially sixteen when she finished High School and petitioned for emancipated minor status. She got a job doing office work for a bail bondsman, working evenings while she took Criminal Justice classes at NYU during the day.

While everybody who knew her admired her grace and catlike reflexes, (“I think I was seven when I realized that people could fall down without intending to”) she tried to conceal the fact that she was stronger than most grown men, then later that she was stronger than anyone she knew. She picked up some street fighting techniques as a child, after she finished high school she started more formally studying Aikido, Judo, and other martial arts.

When she officially turned twenty-one, she applied for her license as a Bail Enforcement Agent, aka a Bounty Hunter. She has proven very good at her job.

She has a permit to carry a gun, but does not own or carry one, preferring to take down her skips with her martial arts. She has not used her claws “professionally” yet, and will do so only if she or a third party is threatened with deadly force.

She is overconfident right now, she has never been up against another metahuman, so has yet to be up against an opponent she could not disarm without breaking a sweat.

She met Luis Lopez while they were both children, he was the biological son of one of her foster families. He is the foster sib she has remained closest to. He is now a policeman, and was able to expidite the paperwork when she applied for sanction as a metahuman in New York state.

In her spare time she tries to use her skip trace skills to find her biological parents. She has been know to investigate “cold case” homicides, unidentified women found dead in the tristate area before she was picked up by Child Protective Services (or shortly thereafter). (Having the police power to investigate these cases without being on the force full time is what convinced her to accept Sanction.) Recently she has had a suspicion that her mother or father, or both, may have been meta-humans, and is now investigating any meta who was killed or disappeared about the time she got picked up, or any African-American metas. (The other reason for accepting Sanction.) Hoping that metas will be more willing to speak to “one of their own,” she adopted the nom de guerre of Snow Leopard.

While she has a “Dark Champions” street level mentality toward fighting crime, she is not a vigilante. She will break up crimes in progress if she comes across them, does not patrol. Will not normally investigate an active police case unless the vic is someone she knows.

Personality/Motivation: Projects the air of a cynical tomboy, is actually a very caring and sensative person. Is very protective of friends and neighbors, especally children. At core is a civil libertarian, who strongly believes in innocent until proven guilty and that people deserve to be released on bail awaiting trial. On the other hand, has no patience whit those who skip while on bail, and will bring them back by whatever means necessary. She is deeply troubled by the cypers in her past, and years to feel connected to others, to finally have a "real" family. While she is not currently dating, she will be looking for a potential mate. If she can't find her parents, she can at least be a parent.

Quote: "'They may pursue him into another State; may arrest him on the Sabbath; and if necessary, may break and enter his house for that purpose. The seizure is not made by virtue of new process. None is needed.' Taylor v. Taintor, 1872, look it up in the jail law library!"

Powers/Tactics: Prefers to use her speed and martial arts. Will try a take down as soon as possible. Has not yet used her claws on a human being.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: A tall, light skinned, African-American woman with natural platinum blonde hair. "In costume" wears a white body stocking with black leopard spots, matching pirate boots, and black half-gloves..

Let me know if any changes are desired.

Does this include folks who aren't formally trained martial artists (don't have any particular style) but qualify as such thanks to their other abilities? Looking at a concept similar to Miss Crone, from Teen Champions (in that her MA's are due to her precog abilities.)

Does this include folks who aren't formally trained martial artists (don't have any particular style) but qualify as such thanks to their other abilities? Looking at a concept similar to Miss Crone' date=' from Teen Champions (in that her MA's are due to her precog abilities.)[/quote']If you have the martial arts skills and damage classes and it's your primary (especially only) attack, then yes (unless you use Boxing or Wrestling).

Character: Insight.

Rule of X: 11.5 + AVG(16+12) + 2 + 8 + 8 = 49.5 (I think)

HDC file available if desired; wasn't sure if I should actually upload it yet.

[b]Insight - Jessica Talbot[/b]
[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
18    STR     8   18      13-       HTH Damage 3 1/2d6  END [2]
23    DEX     39   23      14-       OCV 8 DCV 8
16    CON     12   16      12-
12    BODY    4   12      11-
25    INT     15   25      14-       PER Roll 14-
17    EGO     14   17      12-       ECV: 6
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
14    COM     2   14      12-
8    PD      4   8/16             8/16 PD (0/8 rPD)
6    ED      3   6/12             6/12 ED (0/6 rED)
6    SPD     27   6                 Phases:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
10    REC     6   10
40    END     4   40
40    STUN    11   40
8    RUN      4   8"                END [2]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
6    LEAP     2   5 1/2"                5 1/2" forward, 2 1/2" upward
[b]CHA Cost: 165[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
35     [b][i]Pattern Recognition[/i][/b]: Retrocognitive, Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), x4 Range (1,400") (80 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Time Modifiers (-1/2), Requires A Deduction Roll  (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) - END=8
14     [b][i]Armored Costume[/i][/b]: Armor (8 PD/6 ED) (21 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
5     [b][i]Combat Pattern Recognition[/i][/b]: +1 with All Combat (8 Active Points); Requires A Deduction Roll  (-1/2) - END=
[b]POWERS Cost: 54[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Spot the Pattern [Notes: No formal training; MA instead reflects uncanny ability to recognize patterns in the movements of her opponents and react to them with perfect timing and skill.]
4      1)  Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4      2)  Martial Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 48 STR to Disarm
4      3)  Martial Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4      4)  Martial Escape:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 53 STR vs. Grabs
4      5)  Counterstrike:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, 9 1/2d6 Strike, Must Follow Block
5      6)  Offensive Strike:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 11 1/2d6 Strike
16      +4 HTH Damage Class(es)
[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 41[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
2      KS: Federal Criminal Law 11-
2      KS: Federal Criminal Procedure 11-
15      Deduction 20-
10      Defense Maneuver I-IV 
3      KS: Stock Brokering/Trading 14-
3      Conversation 13-
3      High Society 13-
10      Gambling (Board Games, Card Games, Dice Games, Sports Betting, Roulette) 14-
3      Demolitions 14- [Notes: Does not reflect formal training; instead, reflects ability to instinctively recognize how the device functions and what is involved in disarming it, or identifying the proper stress points to explode when setting them.]
[b]SKILLS Cost: 51[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
5      Money:  Well Off
6      Contact:  PRIMUS (Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 8-
3      Fringe Benefit:  Federal/National Police Powers
3      Fringe Benefit:  Security Clearance
[b]PERKS Cost: 17[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
22      Danger Sense (self only, out of combat, Function as a Sense) 14-
[b]TALENTS Cost: 22[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Hunted:  PRIMUS 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
25     Hunted:  IHA 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish) [Notes: Hunted as Insight, Hunted (and easily found as) Jessica Talbot]
15     Hunted:  Cult of the Red Banner 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish) [Notes: Hunted as Insight]
15     Social Limitation:  Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
10     Social Limitation:  Famous (Frequently, Minor) [Notes: Famous as Jessica Talbot]
10     Unluck: 2d6
15     Psychological Limitation:  Sense of Responsibility/Needs to help others (Common, Strong)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Code Against Killing (Common, Moderate)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Dislikes being called on/asked to use powers (Very Common, Moderate) [Notes: Frequently gets overridden by sense of responsility; however, she still dislikes (and frequently refuses to) use her abilities when it doesn't conflict.]
5     Physical Limitation:  Information Overload (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing) [Notes: Effects:  -1 OCV/DCV/Skill rolls, 8- activation roll]
5     Reputation:  Mutant Precog for Hire, 8-
15     Dependent NPC:  Sarah and Becky (Ex and her daughter) 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)
[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]
Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 350

Background:

"I told you, I'm not for hire anymore! Not to you clowns." Jessica nearly growled as she looked at Agent Brown over the table of the cafe where they were having lunch. Damn it, why did he have to bring her out in public to talk about this? It was hard to focus on him, with all the information she was getting.

"There's a child involved this time, Jess," he pointed out.

"And last time, it was a serial killer," she countered. "Oh, wait, that's right - *it wasn't.* You lied to me, Brown."

"That wasn't -"

"Wasn't your idea, I know. Y'know what? I don't care." She leaned back in her seat, taking a drink of her soda, looking over at the waitress and the young man she was chatting with. She could see every one of the subtle clues in how they interacted, could see almost exactly how their evening was going to play out.

"Double my normal fee," she said simply. She had to call Becky later... just to check on how she and Sarah were doing.

"Double? That's ridiculous, your normal fee's going to be -"

"If they can't afford it, and there really *is* a family involved this time, then have them get the word out," she said softly. "Won't be long before *one* of the city's white knights comes riding to the rescue."

"They don't want -"

"If you want the guarantee that somebody'll start acting immediately, then the only way you get my *normal* fee is by letting me meet the family *before* I agree to anything," she said, looking over at him, her expression firm. She had to fight them this time. If she didn't, they'd just prove that giving her a sob story would get her to work for them whenever they wanted. The last time had almost been a joke, really... had they really thought she wouldn't realize that their 'serial killer' was really a series of drug-related murders they wanted solved, to take the dealer off the streets?

"I can't do that. The kidnappers already said they can't go for any paranormal help, or the daughter dies. We can't risk you meeting with them, you're too well known."

"And I wonder whose fault that is Joe?" She asked dryly.

"Actually, PRIMUS', not ours," the FBI agent said icily.

"Fact is, if you want me to take this case sight-unseen, you pay me double," she said firmly. "If they want help, *really* want help, they don't have to pay for it. They just put the story on the air, and somebody'll come to the rescue without the family having to ask about it."

"Maybe somebody with some particular... insight... into the situation?"

"That's enough right there, Joe," she scowled. Maybe her 'hobby' was an open secret with the government, but she didn't want them hinting like that in public. "Just trust me on this one. Go public with it, the girl'll be back before long, and they won't have to shell out ten grand and the rental on a sen-dep chamber for a week afterwards."

"All right," he said grudgingly, finishing his drink and taking the bill.

"I'll take that," Jessica offered, taking it from him. "If you'll do me a favor."

"What favor?" He asked her cautiously.

"That guy over there, flirting with the waitress? Get his name run through a background check, and keep an eye on him tonight. I appreciate having the same waitresses working places when I come out," she said simply, standing up and heading off to pay... glad to see that Joe was keeping a much closer eye on him now.

The next day, there was a report in the newspaper about a recent kidnapping of the governor's daughter while she was at school... and a much smaller piece on the recent arrest of a man suspected in a series of attacks stretching from Florida to Wisconsin, where he'd finally been caught.

Jessica barely paid any attention to the report of the arrest; she knew, now, that she'd just talked her way out of a fee.

"That's what I get for being suspicious," she murmured, heading over to the closet in the back of her house, opening it up and pulling out her costume, the eye emblem on the chest seeming to stare at her as if saying 'what took you so long, you idiot?'

She let her hair down and changed. It was time for Insight to go to work....

Personality/Motivation:

Jessica Talbot is a mutant with a pronounced ability she calls 'advanced pattern recognition.' For as long as she can remember, she's been able to see the various patterns of information that most people ignore, the way that subtle shifts affect everything around them. Unfortunately, she can't turn off that ability, though she has learned to filter it out most of the time. When she can't, sometimes the information just gets to be too much for her, and her focus suffers. Without a several hour break in a sensory deprivation chamber every once in a while, she would quickly go insane.

This is part of the reason that she seems stand-offish and introverted to most people. The other has to do with the fact that Jessica Talbot was long ago 'outed' as a mutant and apparent precog after helping PRIMUS find a Demonhame in Madison. Since then, she has been deluged with calls for help with issues ranging from stock tips (ironically, she supports herself through day trading on the stock market. Not being an actual precog, rulings have been made that she is allowed to trade without being considered an unfair trader; she simply analyzes information better than other people) to lost dogs to lost children. Unfortunately, the harrassment that ensued (from the IHA as well as the public) also cost her the relationship she had with Sarah, her long-term girlfriend, and Becky, their daughter (by Sarah's ex-husband). She keeps in touch when she can, but doesn't want to draw them into her newly messed up world.

While she resents these constant calls for her help (and has not only gotten an unlisted number, but changed it several times after it was leaked), she also can't help how she feels every time an honest, legitimate *plea* for her help comes through. Along with seeing the patterns that can lead to a successful resolution of the problem, she can also see the pain that is caused if it's unsuccessful.

As a result, she has created Insight, a superheroic persona who can act with the anonymity that Jessica doesn't have. She has sanction from both state and federal agencies, primarily PRIMUS, and uses it wisely. She isn't quite as introverted as Insight, but she still hasn't managed to completely shut off the distractions caused by her information overload... which can be even more dangerous as Insight than as Jessica.

Quote:

"You *do* realize that this particular way of life is only going to lead to misery, court appearances, and an overly friendly cellmate named Bubba Johnson, right?"

Powers/Tactics:

All of Insight's powers are based around her ability to recognize patterns and see their ultimate conclusions (and beginnings). Her primary ability is the ability to figure out exactly what people are doing in other times and places, based entirely on complex, lightning fast analysis of thousands of pieces of information that she doesn't even really consciously recognize. She has been known to detail things to the point of knowing exactly what color the curtains are, what people said (to the word), and that somebody who never drank once in their life was having their first whiskey to try and calm their nerves. Some have theorized that she actually is some sort of clairsentient, an idea she is ambivalent towards at best (the tests were negative, but who is she to know?)

She has also learned to use her powers in more unusual ways. In combat, not only does she have the ability to predict her opponents' actions (her Defensive Maneuver and Skill Level), but she can analyze the information she gets to find the proper way to set or disarm explosives, and figure out what her opponents are doing quickly enough that she can respond to defend herself, or inflict startlingly painful injuries by bypassing their defenses.

Appearance:

Jessica Talbot is a well-dressed young woman with deep brown hair and light brown eyes, typically dressed in comfortable jeans, t-shirt, and a sweater over it when the weather permits.

As Insight, she wears an armored costume designed by PRIMUS' R&D, in muted purples and blues with an eye emblem on the chest (which is, incidentally, one of the best armored spot on her costume.) Her face is covered by a partial mask that lets her hair loose, but conceals her face fairly effectively.

Dr. Impossible

Player: TheTemplar (Trent)

Val Char Cost

14 STR 4

16 DEX 18

20 CON 20

13 BODY 6

22 INT 12

21 EGO 22

19 PRE 9

16 COM 3

3/16 PD 0

4/18 ED 0

5 SPD 24

7 REC 0

40 END 0

30 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 118

Cost Power END

56 Mental Powers: Multipower, 70-point reserve, (70 Active Points); all slots Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

3u 1) Believe In The Impossible: Aid 3 1/2d6, any Characteristic one at a time (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (61 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 6

4u 2) Melatonin Surge: Ego Attack 6d6 (Human class of minds) (60 Active Points); Power Blocked By "Life Support [Character Does Not Sleep]" (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 6

4u 3) Not What You Think You Are: Drain 2d6, any Characteristic one at a time (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (55 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 5

4u 4) Mind Over Matter: Telekinesis (30 STR), Fine Manipulation (55 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 5

5u 5) Telepathy: Telepathy 13d6 (Human class of minds) (65 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 6

4u 6) Telekenetic Blast: Energy Blast 8d6, Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4) (70 Active Points); OAF (Object Of Opportunity) (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 7

40 Telekenetic Shielding: Force Field (13 PD/14 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points) 0

20 Telekenetic Levitation: Flight 10" 2

11 Strong Willed: Mental Defense (15 points total) 0

Powers Cost: 151

Cost Skill

3 Bureaucratics 13-

5 Conversation 14-

3 Cryptography 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Gambling 13-

3 High Society 13-

2 AK: Millenium City 11-

3 KS: The Superhuman World 13-

4 KS: Modern Psychology 14-

2 KS: State/ Federal Criminal Law 11-

2 KS: State/ Federal Criminal Procedure 11-

2 Language: Latin (English is native) (fluent conversation)

3 Oratory 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Power: Mental Powers 13-

4 PS: Psychologist/ Author 14-

4 SS: Psychology 14-

3 SS: Criminal Psychology 13-

1 Shadowing 8-

3 Teamwork 12-

Skills Cost: 62

Cost Perk

10 Money: Wealthy

3 Fringe Benefit: Federal/National Police Powers

6 Contact: U.S. Government/ Agencies (Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 8-

Perks Cost: 19

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages

5 Dependent NPC: Mrs. Victoria Sharpe 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

10 Enraged: When Innocents Are Harmed Or Threatened (Common), go 8-, recover 14-

20 Hunted: The Institute For Human Advancement 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)

10 Hunted: U.S. Government/ Agencies 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Vs. Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Sanctity Of The Mind (Very Reluctant To Use Powers To Forcibly Read The Thoughts Of Others) (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Heroically Motivated (Common, Strong)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Dr. Remington Sharpe) (Frequently, Major)

10 Unluck: 2d6

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Drains (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Rule Of X: 14 + 5 + [(16+18)/2], + 7 + 7 + 0 = 50

Background/ History: "Suggestion. What the mind perceives is not always what is. What the mind conceives is bound by what limitations we are taught. Suggested. But what if all we have been taught is faulty? What if these limitations, battered into our minds by society over a span of centuries are nothing more than Suggestion?

These limitations, these perceived notions of what man can or cannot do are based on beings that, on the whole, use only ten percent of their true cognitive potential. Ten percent! How can we say what is impossible with 90 percent of our resources yet untapped?

These are the questions that keep me awake at night. My name is Remington Sharpe... and I can do the impossible."

Remington Sharpe, or "Remy" to his friends, was born on December 17, 1968 in Detroit, MI. He grew up in the home of a renowned surgeon and his loving wife, and had 2 siblings - an older brother and a younger sister. He was always an intelligent boy, but his father taught him early on that his intellect was a gift, and that he should use it to help others, and not lord it over them or brag.

In 1981, when Remy was just 13 years old, he and his then 10-year old sister were riding their bikes home from school in their upper class suburban neighborhood when they were stopped by a haggard-looking man... homeless by the look of him. He ambled toward Remy's sister, Rachel, and asked her for some money.

Rachel stopped.

Something about the man's look rubbed Remy the wrong way... as he stared hard, he realized he could still hear the man speaking.. but his mouth wasn't moving. No sound was coming out of the homeless man's lips! Still, Remy could hear him clear as day, "Gimme some money, little girl! Gimme some money or I'll kill you!" Remy felt his eyes drawn to the homeless man's right hand, which was shoved in his coat pocket. But Remy was still able to catch a glint of sunlight off the hilt of the knife the man was clutching in his concealed hand!

"No! Rachel! Get away from him!" Remy cried out. Rachel sped away from the man just as he lunged at her, knife in hand. As Remy and Rachel sped home, the homeless man got up and ran in the opposite direction.

"How did you know?!" Rachel asked as they breathlessly parked their bikes in their garage.

"I... I don't know..." Remy stammered.

As Remy continued through adolescence and high school, he discovered much moreof what he could do with just the power of thought. He could not only read the thoughts of others when he focused hard enough, but he could also manipulate their brainwaves - even stimulating the part of the brain that produces melatonin, the hormone that causes sleepiness, to accidentally cause one of his classmates to fall asleep in class. The student woke up 18 hours later with no idea what had happened.

Remy went on to study Psychology and Criminal Psychology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where he graduated with highest honors in 1989. While studying there, he realized how precious and rare his gift was.. and just as his father taught him about intelligence, Remy also knew that he should use this gift to better mankind. He also decided that the mind was so precious and valuable a gift, that for him to invade the privacy of others by reading their thoughts without their permission or using his powers on them for fun or for self-benefit would be wrong. While in college he also discovered a love of card games, especially poker. But he stuck to his convictions and never used his powers to give him an edge. He enjoyed the challenge of winning without his superhuman abilities.

After obtaining his bachelor's degree, Remy went on to earn his masters and doctoral degrees from the Stanford University School of Psychology in Palo Alto, CA, arguably the most prestigious school in the field. He tried to find ways to use his powers to help mankind. He wrote several highly successful books such as "Understanding You: Keys to unlocking your potential" and "Mind Crime: A New Look At Criminal Psychology," both of which helped people not only better themselves, but also to give law enforcement new tools to keep people safe. After shattering all pre-conceived notions of what was possible by becoming the youngest person to ever earn their Psychology Doctorate from Stanford in 1991 (He was 23 at the time,) he married his college sweetheart, Victoria Harmon. He decided it best that she not know about his incredible powers at that time.

He began to unlock even more abilities as time went on. He discovered that with his mind, the power of suggestion was so strong that he could actually empower others to be better.. faster.. smarter. In theory, the opposite also had to be true. He could move objects, even some heavier than he could lift physically, with just a thought. He even discovered that if he focused hard enough, he could even levitate. Just a few feet at a time at first, but then further.. and faster.

He received his true calling in 1992. Dr. Destroyer had held the entire world hostage with an enormous asteroid headed for Earth. He finally explained everything to his wife, showed her what he could do, and told her that he couldn't just stand by any longer. He had to help the Earth's Heroes defeat Dr. Destroyer. It was then that he created the costumed superhero alter-ego, Dr. Impossible.

He was badly injured at the battle of Destruga, and was rushed to a nearby hospital in Spain. His wife flew to be with him (It was then that she learned that Remy was actually Dr. Impossible) and thus both were spared when Dr. Destroyer's nuclear-powered beam cut its swath of destruction through Detroit as his final act of terror.

The two returned to Detroit and pledged to be key figures in the building of Millenium City, and have resided there ever since. Dr. Impossible received his Federal Sanctioned status shortly after his arrival in Millenium City, in honor of his deeds during the Battle Of Destruga. He has stood against the Institute for Human Advancement on several occasions, both as Dr. Impossible fighting against their Minutemen Robots with other heroes and as Dr. Sharpe, pointing out the flaws in their doctrines and practices in his various publications.

Unfortunately, it was on one particular occasion while he was fighting the inhuman supercriminal known as The Leech, that he also discovered his particular mutation, which heightened his neural activity to unheard of levels, also weakened his metabolic processes and other physical attributes. The supervillain used his unusual powers to drain Dr. Impossible's physical abilities so badly that he was left temporarily unable to even move, allowing The Leech to escape. Since then, Dr. Impossible has followed a strict physical excercise regimen, and is in excellent physical shape. However, his mutation still makes him succeptible to any sort of physique-altering drain attack.

Personality/ Motivation: Dr. Impossible believes that in each person lies the capacity for greatness, they only need someone to help them open the door. He strives to be this person, whether by his example in using his abilities to defend peace, innocence, and civilization, or more directly, by his writings or even just helping other superheroes overcome their own obstacles. This, he believes, is why he was given the gift that he has, and because of the values instilled in him at an early age by his parents, he continues to live this way today.

Personality wise, he is a blending of such infamous elements as Dr. Fate, Professor X, Martian Manhunter, and Doctor Strange. He is often seen as cryptic or vague - the kind to answer a question with another question, all to encourage deeper thought and to hopefully help the asker find the answer himself.

He also believes that physical health is every bit as much a part of unlocking your potential as mental health, and therefore exercises rigorously, as does his wife (hence his higher than normal physical attributes.)

Quote: "Believe in the Impossible!"

Powers/ Tactics: Dr. Impossible is a veteran by most superhero standards, though not as powerful as most veteran superheroes of his age or generation. If he is in a solo confrontation, he will use the powers of his mind to slow down or otherwise weaken his opponent, and then try to put them to sleep with his Melatonin Surge power. He prefers to stay out of melee range, as his Telepathic Barrier is relatively weak and he can't take too many direct hits before being KO'ed.

If he is with other superheroes, like on Destruga, he will use his powers to increase their abilities and make them more able to take on their foes, then he will use his flight to maneuver around the field of battle, weakening their opponents with his Drain and Ego Attack powers.

His powers of Mind over Matter are most helpful in situations where he can't reach an object, or against opponents that cannot be directly affected by his mental powers - such as robots or aliens or other things that fall outside the "human" class of minds. In these situations, he falls back on his Telekenetic abilities, holding his opponents for others to strike or attacking them himself by hurling objects at them with his telekenesis.

Dr. Impossible's powers are caused by a mutation of his brain cells that dramatically increase his brain activity, unlocking parts of the mind that allow him to do things that are, for all intents and purposes, impossible.

He holds the mind in especially sacred regard, and thus will not use his Telepathy power on an unwilling target unless it is a critically urgent matter of life and death. The only thing he holds more sacred than the mind, is the sanctity of human life, and thus would never take any action that could prove fatal for another human being - meta or otherwise.

Campaign Use: Dr. Impossible is primarily a support character in combat. His abilities are mostly geared toward team fighting, though if he had to fight an opponent solo, he would. His skills, personality and years of experience make him a good candidate for a leadership position, but he would gladly support someone with more qualifications if that were the case.

Appearance:

Ht: 1.86m (6'0")

Wt: 82kg (180lbs.)

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Remington Sharpe is a 42 yr. old male of caucasian descent. He wears his brown hair short and he has distinguished streaks of grey along the sides. He wears a short moustache/goatee that he keeps neatly trimmed, and typically dresses very nicely. He is in excellent physical shape, and both he and his wife are strong advocates of good physical (as well as mental) health.

As Dr. Impossible, he wears a blue and yellow suit with a half-star design on the right side. His boots and high-collared cloak are yellow, and his gloves and cowl, which covers his eyes and nose, are blue.

Props to Storn A. Cook for drawing the Secret Id shot as part of another character.

Just to clarify....this "sanctioned" package deal needs to be at least 12 points(3 skills plus a 6 point Contact) or is the Contact optional?
If you are going to be sanctioned at either the city or state level, then the price is 6 points (no Contacts necessary). If you're going to be a sanctioned nationally, then 13 points (including 6pt+ Contact(s) are necessary).

The following (my own watered-down 6 points version) will be needed if you plan on being sanctioned just at the city/state level:

Note that a Contact is not necessary, although you may have one if you wish.

If you plan on being sanctioned at the national level, you will need the following

2 KS: Federal Criminal Law 11-

2 KS: Federal Criminal Procedure 11-

6 One or more Contacts in the federal justice system, of the player's choice

3 Fringe Benefit: National Police Powers

Total Cost: 13 Points

Note that at the Federal/National level a Contact is required.

If you are going to be sanctioned at either the city or state level, then the price is 6 points (no Contacts necessary). If you're going to be a sanctioned nationally, then 13 points (including 6pt+ Contact(s) are necessary).

The following (my own watered-down 6 points version) will be needed if you plan on being sanctioned just at the city/state level:

Note that a Contact is not necessary, although you may have one if you wish.

If you plan on being sanctioned at the national level, you will need the following

Note that at the Federal/National level a Contact is required.

Fair enough. I can't honestly see Ronin being funded at the national level...even after some time on the right side of the law...your view may vary...

Rob

Dr. MID-Nite, I'll send you a quick PM.

Wow, I've received about a hundred submissions! Unfortunately, 95 of them are Templar's version of Dr. Impossible (poetic, huh?). :D

I kid, I jest, but oh boy. I haven't even read them all, but 1/5 of all my e-mails are from him. ;) I'll have to respond tomorrow.

As a reminder, you *don't* have to submit your characters here, you may do so by mail. And if you have HDv2, please send your character that way.

One last tidbit. Confirmed acceptance so far goes to:

Snow Leopard - McCoy

Forgot that Sunknight was a 397 pt character; gotta put him on a weight loss program! It's hard! :(

Although it is tempting to just nab a Protector and run with it. Props for incorporating the Protectors into your world, Kirby. Maybe you can get Scott Bennie to run one of them for the game? :D

Shinji Miromoto

Player: Kevin Schultz

Rule of X:

DC: 15 (Martial arts + STR + naked Advantage)

SPD: 7

Def: 20

OCV: 6

DCV: 6

Skill: 6

TOTAL: 60

Val Char Cost
13 STR 3
18 DEX 24
15 CON 10
14 BODY 8
19 INT 9
12/22 EGO 4
11 PRE 1
7 COM -1
12/20 PD 7
12/20 ED 7
7 SPD 2
6 REC 0
30 END 0
29 STUN 0
6" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
2 1/2" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 74

Power
1 [b]Personal Immunity[/b]: Power Defense (3 points), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (4 Active Points); Against Dark Energy Transformations only (-2)
10 [b]Strong Wil[/b]l: +10 EGO (20 Active Points); Defense Only (-1)
1 [b]Strong Will II[/b]: Mental Defense (13 points total)

9 [b]Dark Energy Melee[/b]: Elemental Control, 40-point powers,  (20 Active Points); all slots Dark Psychic Power (-1 1/4) [Notes: Dark Psychic Power: RSR (-1 per 20 active points, -1/4); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4); Vunerable to Emotion Drains (-1/4), Side Effect: Dark Aura Flare (-1/4)]
7 1)  [b]Shadowstep[/b]: Teleportation 16", Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (40 Active Points); Dark Psychic Power (-1 1/4), Only Through Shadow (-1/2)
9 2)  [b]Dark Armor[/b]: Force Field (8 PD/8 ED/8 Mental Defense/8 Power Defense), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (40 Active Points); Dark Psychic Power (-1 1/4)
9 3)  [b]Dark Maul[/b]: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (up to One Hex; +1/2), Variable Advantage (+1 1/2 Advantages; +3) for up to 10 Active Points of STR (40 Active Points); Dark Psychic Power (-1 1/4)
11 4)  [b]Shadow Sense[/b]: Detect physical objects and dimensional power 16- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Perceive into a single other dimension, Range, Sense, Targeting (50 Active Points); Dark Psychic Power (-1 1/4), Visible (-1/4), Nonpersistent (-1/4)
8 5)  [b]Moving at the Speed of Darkness[/b]: +4 SPD (40 Active Points); Dark Psychic Power (-1 1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)
7 6)  [b]Dark Taint[/b]: Major Mental Transform 1d6-1 (standard effect: 1 point) (Sane person to insane person), Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2), Penetrating (x2; +1) (40 Active Points); Dark Psychic Power (-1 1/4), Always On (-1/2)

49 [b]Dark Energy Manipulation[/b]: Variable Power Pool, 40 base + 9 control cost,  (60 Active Points); Dark Energy Only Limited (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4); all slots Side Effect: Dark Aura Flare (-1/4), Vunerable to Emotional Drains (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 121

[b]Martial Arts Maneuver[/b]
Dark Kempo
3 1)  Martial Grab:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 48 STR for holding on
4 2)  Martial Strike:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 9 1/2d6 Strike
3 3)  Martial Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 7 1/2d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4 4)  Martial Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 5)  Martial Escape:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 53 STR vs. Grabs
4 6)  Nerve Strike:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 4 1/2d6 NND
4 7)  Martial Flash:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Flash 9d6
4 8)  Martial Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 48 STR to Disarm
20 9)  +5 HTH Damage Class(es)
Martial Arts Cost: 50

[b]Skill[/b]
Dark Kempo Training
3 1)  Breakfall 13-
3 2)  Acrobatics 13-
10 3)  Defense Maneuver I-IV 
15 4)  +5 with Martial Maneuvers
2 5)  Meditation 13-
3 6)  Tactics 13-
2 7)  Weapon Familiarity:  Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons

Loyal Lieutenant Training
3 1)  Analyze:  Dimensional Energy 13-
2 2)  Concealment 13- (3 Active Points); Only when using concealment powers (-1/4)
3 3)  Inventor 13-
9 4)  Power:  Dark Energy 16-
2 5)  PS: Lackey 13-
2 6)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11-
2 7)  Stealth 13- (3 Active Points); Only when using concealment powers (-1/4)
3 8)  Teamwork 13-

3 Scholar
1 1)  KS: East Asian Magic/Psychic community (2 Active Points) 11-
1 2)  KS: Federal Criminal Law (2 Active Points) 11-
1 3)  KS: Federal Criminal Procedure (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4)  KS: Magic Theory (2 Active Points) 11-
1 5)  KS: Martial Arts (2 Active Points) 11-
1 6)  KS: Psychic Theory (2 Active Points) 11-

Good Student
1 1)  Language:  English (completely fluent) (3 Active Points); Fluent in listening only; basic in speaking (-1)
10 2)  +1 Overall

Skills Cost: 84

[b]Perk[/b]
2 Reputation (Psychic/Magic community) 14-, +2/+2d6
3 Fringe Benefit:  Federal/National Police Powers
6 Contact, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-
Perks Cost: 11

[b]Talent[/b]
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
4 Rapid Healing, Any reduced Characteristic, one at a time (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Meditation; -1/2)
Talents Cost: 10

[b]Total Character Cost: 350[/b]

[b]Disadvantage[/b]
5 Distinctive Features: Dark Aura:  (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima
5 Enraged:  Magical Girl/Sentai anime or fans (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-
5 Money:  Poor
5 Physical Limitation:  Nearsighted (Wears Glasses) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)
5 Rivalry:  Professional (Devil Hunter), Rival is Less Powerful, Seek to Harm or Kill Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
10 Watched:  Federal Law Enforcement 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
20 Hunted:  Cult of the Red Banner 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Kill/Capture)
15 Psychological Limitation:  Reluctant to Kill (Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation:  Hero's Code of Conduct (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation:  Follows the Eightfold Path (Common, Moderate)
10 Reputation to East Asian Metahuman-watchers:  Dark Magus, 14- (Known Only To A Small Group)
10 Social Limitation:  keeps a low profile (Frequently, Minor)
10 Unluck: 2d6

Quirks
1 1)  tries to keep clean
1 2)  Likes loose, baggy clothing
1 3)  tends to use villianous dialog, out of force of habit
1 4)  Gets bitter and sarcastic when angry
1 5)  Physically addicted to his own power (-1 to skill rolls, every 8 hours)

Disadvantage Points: 150
Base Points: 200
Experience Required: 0
Total Experience Available: 0
Experience Unspent: 0

Background/History:

Shinji Miromoto did not plan on becoming an anime villain cliché. In fact, he wanted to be a pilot. Or a mechanic. Or maybe an architect. To be honest, it really didn’t matter. What DID matter was that none of these dreams included him cackling malignantly, wearing a charcoal grey uniform straight off of the bridge of a Star Destroyer, while the greater Tokyo metropolitan area burned in flames around him.

However, no one believed him.

You see, Shinji was an meta, whose power manifested itself quite tamely, in the middle of the night, in his 13th year. This, in and of itself, was not the reason his family and peers viewed his existence with suspicion; many in Japan were meta-active, and many had gone on to national or international fame, brining honor on their families for their heroic deeds. No, the issue that was so divisive about the eldest Miromoto scion was that his power allowed him to access Dark Energy: the very force that every magical girl sentai team seemed able to sense and associate with evil, deprivation, and in one extremely odd case, tentacle monsters.

After the 3rd time a devil hunter interrupted dinnertime to “slay the foul demon that dared intrude on our…oh, terribly sorry, have you seen an evil sorcerer around here somewhere”, Shinji’s parents insisted he stop doing whatever it was he was doing to attract such unwanted attention, and get a real hobby. As the only thing he could think that he was doing was breathing, or perhaps reading hentai manga, Shinji decided to get professional help.

The local Buddhist temple didn’t help. The Shinto shrine was a wash as well, as was the Daoist priest he found in the phone book. (He briefly considered tracking down a Catholic church of some kind, but figured they’d try to crucify him, or something.) At wits end, he finally realized that the only people who knew how to control this kind of thing seemed to be, well, villains. With that in mind, seeking out a mentor was surprisingly simple: watching the news for the latest villain to attempt to destroy Tokyo Tower was easy enough. After that, it was mainly an issue of tracking down said supervillian, not getting killed, and convincing him (or her, as this was the 21st century after all) to become his sensei.

After several embarrassing events, near-death experiences, and a firm reputation established as a complete weirdo, Shinji managed to gain an audience with the Ginshou, an upcoming villain whose last competent flunky managed to get himself incarcerated during a battle with the “Flower Petal Five”, or something like that. Shinji never really got the specifics, and Ginshou never really filled them in. Regardless, Shinji pledged his loyal service to Ginshou (as long as it didn’t interfere too much with his schoolwork), in return for training in the Dark Arts.

As it turns out, Shinji’s mentor was not long for this world. While Shinji was able to make some progress over control of his powers, Ginshou became more and more obsessed with the discovery of the “Silver Queen”, who was some sort of being Ginshou claimed to have had a vision of. His plans for discovering this creature became more and more unhinged, and seemed to attract the kind of attention that Shinji knew entirely too well. Seeing the writing on the wall, Shinji began laying plans.

When Sparkling Mystic Princess Mia managed to hit Ginshou with a Purifying Heart Punch during their climactic battle over Yokohama harbor, Shinji was quietly photocopying the spellbooks and shredding the evidence. When the police arrived, Shinji was “found” along with 23 other junior high students, who Ginshou had kidnapped to power his Dark Soul Ascension Process. Whatever that was; Shinji was never quite sure, and suspected that neither did the G-man. Regardless, Ginshou, who turned out to be a 42-year old accountant from Hokkido with a Sailor Moon fetish, slipped into a coma and died soon after, never revealing the name of his sometimes-protégé who had assisted him in his criminal endeavors.

This process repeated itself over the next several years: Shinji would find himself a Dark Mentor, would study under them for some time while providing loyal minion service, only to watch as they undid all their carefully-laid plans in some foolish and unlikely scheme for power. In time, Shinji began to suspect that either people who used Dark Energy were inherently insane, or there was something about Dark Energy that made them such. This belief was confirmed by Red Witch Shiko, Shinji’s fourth Dark Mentor – she showed him several texts, when she wasn’t cackling on about her inevitable conquest over the Lovely Knights of Azuria, which discussed the nature of Dark Energy.

As it turned out, there were two main schools of thought on Dark Energy. One theory was that the energy in question is simply an element native to one of the realms of Yetzirah, the Astral World. The name came from the idea that the energy native to that plane was easily controlled by the “darker” emotions: rage, anger, hatred, and so on. Thus, those with hatred in their hearts, as well as the magical or psychic means to access alternate dimensions, would naturally gravitate towards using Dark Energy in their rituals. The alternate theory was that the plane in which Dark Energy originated was quite easy to access, but the Energy itself caused malignant feelings in the users, thus driving such users insane even as they grow more skilled in the manipulation of its power. (The third option, that Dark Energy is simply another name for Qliphothic energy, is something Shinji quickly decided to forget he ever even read.)

Shinji never asked why Shiko got into using Dark Energy; at that point, he was once again at Kinko’s while the Dark Mistress got her Dark Arse handed to her by the aforementioned Lovely Knights. Still, in the now-familiar ‘prisoner’ debriefing with Tokyo’s Metahuman Response Squad #3, Shinji pondered this new information. He still had no desire to set fire to Tokyo, and yet he had been steeped in Dark Energy for well on three years; according to Shiko, she had been playing with it for only seven months before their encounter. Thus, he thought as he sipped coffee in the stationhouse, it seems as though Shiko was at least wrong in some specifics. (As an aside, his claim to being kidnapped repeatedly by various supervillians was met not with skepticism by the Tokyo PD, but with reserved understanding and light-natured kidding – it seems that some people are, in fact, villain magnets, and Shinji was able to claim to be one of them.)

Over the next two Dark Masters, Shinji put his theory to the test, delving more deeply into Dark Energy than he had before. And, while he confirmed that everyone ELSE was becoming unhinged in proportion to their use of Dark Energy, he seemed fine. In that, he realized what his power was: not to control Dark Energy, although he had that in moderation, but to be immune to its insanity-causing effects.

Unfortunately, the experiments done to confirm this immunity were not without their costs. As it turns out, his last Mentor had boasted of the quality of Shinji’s service and loyalty at that year’s Dark Congress. So, in addition to having several Dark Generals vie for his service, (which was actually quite flattering, in a creepy “I hope they don’t torture my parents as an incentive for me to join” sort of way) he had picked up what he had longed dreaded: a rival.

Fire-Fire Yuki was a Category 3 (personal vendetta against the forces of darkness), Power level 2 (could throw around cars and cut through plate steel), Power Source 4 (mystic artifact) Devil Hunter, at least according to the Shinji Scale of Metahuman Psychos. Her clever plan was to use a villain-magnet, such as what Shinji claimed to be, as a stalking horse, in an attempt to lure out villainy. Her theory was that such victims should be grateful for her protection, despite the fact that she was more destructive in her attempts to ‘save’ them than most villains ever were. (The traditional Dark Energy attack is to drain its victims of their life energy. In contrast, Fire-Fire Yuki’s traditional attack was to set her victim’s house on fire. Three guesses which one does less damage to property values.) The fact that Yuki was an arrogant ass, fully convinced of the righteousness of her cause, and a bully to boot, didn’t help much. Shinji had caught her attention in his dramatic ‘escape’ from The Rotting Hell (actually quite nice, as lairs go: the ventilation he helped install took care of the smell), and decided that he needed her protection more than most. The results were unpleasant.

Everyone knew what happened; the news crew that showed up a third of the way through caught most of the fight. However, like many thing in Shinji’s life, it was depressingly anticlimactic. A stray fireball (the press would later call it “a near-miss”), a gas station already damaged by a mystic sword (a “noble blow that nearly felled the villain”) and a nearby high-tension power line (a “tragic accident”) resulted in one dead magic girl. Suddenly, it wasn’t funny any more. Shinji wasn’t the loyal flunky, or the humorous sidekick, or the constant victim, or the butt of the station houses’ jokes. He had been playing both sides for years, and now he was Response Squad’s #3’s number one target.

He ran.

The resulting investigation ultimately cleared him of the murder of Yuki Nakamura: it was fairly easy to reconstruct exactly what had happened, and the magical girl community was curiously reserved in their hunt for the ‘black sorcerer’ who had defeated one of their own. However, where he had gained such power to fight off a magical girl had come under scrutiny, and his secret life was laid open in the press. Several mid-level officials resigned over the resulting scandal, and Response Squad #3 was disbanded, their resources split amongst the other Response Squads. Shinji’s parents were disgraced, and had to move to Kyoto to get away from the press coverage.

Shinji was never found.

Two years later, Shinji Miromoto appeared on the files of the US Federal government as a naturalized citizen and federally-sanctioned metahuman. No one involved has mentioned how he was able to gain such status, and his file has been sealed. When asked, the case worker assigned to Shinji just grimaces and replies that is was "a technicality." Currently, Shinji lives in Seattle, and works full-time as a metahuman resource in the area, covering the Pacific Northwest up through Vancouver BC, down into Southern Oregon, and occasionally as far over into Montana. He also works in the regional mystic community, and is active in his local Buddhist temple.

Personality/Motivation:

Shinji Miromoto used to be a slightly-ironic, mildly-bitter, somewhat-petty, but mostly milquetoast Japanese teenager. He could have not gone back to his second Dark Master: he had already learned by that point how to shield his energies from casual detection. However, it gave him something do, and made him feel special and superior to his family and classmates. His own immunity also let him feel superior to the Dark Generals, as they went mad from the power and ultimately got themselves killed or captured. It was a youthful belief in his own immortality that blinded him to the dangers of associating with such unbalanced minds. Now, he knows better: a girl died, on national television, and his face was shown as the guilty party. Karma has turned its wheel, the damage has been done, and dharma must be paid.

With that burden, Shinji is a much more humble and wise person than he was those three years ago. He believes himself culpable, if not directly for the death of Yuki, then for the circumstances in which they both found themselves on that day. He is still the slightly-ironic person he once was, but has had enough experiences to understand the suffering that pride brings about. He doesn’t believe that he has to make any great amends for his wrong-doings: Rather, it was the pride, pettiness, and arrogance that went along with his actions that he feels he needs to expound from his soul. He has thus turned to a form of pragmatic Buddhism, and seeks to address his karma by opposing the injustices caused by pride and arrogance whenever he can. He also tries to avoid angst or romantic posturing, as it reminds him too much of the overly-dramatic magical girls that he had to put up with in his youth.

Quote:

"Hey! You stop now! No make me open can of 7th Hell Withering Darkness on ass!"

"Good lord, I sound like an idiot."

Powers/Tactics:

Shinji is an metahuman with the ability to manipulate Dark Energy, which is probably a significantly diluted form of quipthopic energy, filtered through a node in Shinji's brain. (Shinji really hopes it isn't.) He also is immune to the long-term side effects of exposure to having Dark Energy course through one’s brain, the most common of which include paranoid schizophrenia and brain aneurysms. His actual power level, compared to most Dark Generals, is actually middling; it seems that his native immunity to Dark Energy inhibits his ability to channel such energy somewhat. Even as someone who has been controlling Dark Energy for almost six years, he is only now approaching the same level as one of his original mentors. For Shinji, this is fine: better the slow road to excellence, even in something such as this, than the quick route to insanity.

Shinji’s Spellbook

Shinji Miromoto’s “spellbook” is in fact a series of books, treatises, photocopied grimories, scrawled notes, DVD recordings, as well as most of the back issues of “Dark Congress Quarterly”. (He got a long-term subscription as part of his incentive package on one of his Loyal Lieutenant gigs, and somehow, the current issues keep showing up in his bookcase. It’s actually quite informative, and it’s how Shinji keeps his relevant KS’s from atrophying.) Anyway, Shinji’s effects can be broken up into three categories: combat powers, rituals, and artifacts.

Combat powers are essentially modifications of his Dark Melee powerset: different hand-to-hand attacks, additional psychic shielding, and variations on his teleportation ability (group teleport, teleport foe, etc.). All combat powers have the same Dark Psychic Power limitation, which causes them to be ‘knocked down’ if he ever gets stunned. Powers which directly affect someone’s mind may also cause Dark Taint.

Rituals are primarily powers that summon or empower allies. Such allies are some sort of reflections of some of shinji's personality, and include loyal Pawns, intelligent Knights, or murderous Queens. They also include various command and control powers for these constructs. There are also some miscellaneous powers, such as Dark Reflections (a lengthy scrying ritual) and Feel the Master’s Hand (detects the amount of Dark Taint on someone.)

Artifacts are objects of psychic importance that have been empowered with Dark Energy. They act as circuit breakers and surge suppressors, and thus allow Shinji to empower others without the risk of Taint, or to use his own powers without worrying about loosing them due to getting bonked on the noggin. Shinji also uses Artifacts for large-scale defensive measures that he can power when he is nearby. (ie, temporary Base powers.) Such artifacts take time to create, and keying an artifact to another is often a painful process. (Such as embedding a piece of black quartz in the subject’s chest. Yes, it’s as painful as it sounds.)

There is also a fourth category: the I’m not Dumb Enough to Try These powers. This includes powers that Shinji is fairly certain that he could perform, but in no way, shape, or form, is willing to try. This includes Empower Youma (change unwilling victim into insane berserker of destruction), Dark Haven (gate to the Dark Dimension), and Puppet Master (direct mind control). He hasn’t thrown these books away yet, as they contain information that is actually fairly useful in understanding how Dark Energy works, but that’s like saying that taking a hammer to an antique pocketwatch is ‘useful’ in determining how it operates. Sure, you can see the inner workings, but at the end of the day, you’re left with a broken pile of springs and cogs. In fact, the writeups of the powers themselves warn that the use of such powers very often results in the death of the psychic or mage who attempts such things. As each edition of Dark Congress Quarterly has a four-page section devoted to such rituals, Shinji is assuming that they exist to weed out the terminally stupid.

Campaign Use:

As someone trained to be a Loyal Lieutenant for a traditional anime villian, Shinji is uniquely qualified to work in teams with large, egotistical powerhouses: he's quiet, professional, and inventive in ways that get the job done. He's also fairly decent solo, as his summoning abilities allow him to create a small squad of cannon fodder for use as distractions and whatnot. In larger groups, he tends to hang back in the rear, covering the other mentalists while using his dark psychic powers to cause meyhem in the opposing side's ranks.

Appearance:

Shinji is an unassuming Japanese boy in his late teens. His athletic frame, still honed from the kempo he practices daily, tends to be hidden with the baggy clothing he now prefers. His once-close-cropped hair has grown out slightly, but is still fairly short. He is also compulsively clean, a habit he picked up from his overbearing mother. On occasion he may adorn the tailored grey uniform and black trench coat of his Loyal Lieutenant days. His face is rather blockish, and looks as though he's been punched in the face a few too many times.

Not sure if you can run v3 files in v2, so in code as well as attachment.

[b]Insight - Jessica Talbot[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New] [/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]18    STR     8   18      13-       HTH Damage 3 1/2d6  END [2][/font]
[font=Courier New]23    DEX     39   23      14-       OCV 8 DCV 8[/font]
[font=Courier New]16    CON     12   16      12-[/font]
[font=Courier New]12    BODY    4   12      11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]25    INT     15   25      14-       PER Roll 14-[/font]
[font=Courier New]17    EGO     14   17      12-       ECV: 6[/font]
[font=Courier New]20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6[/font]
[font=Courier New]14    COM     2   14      12-[/font]
[font=Courier New]8    PD      4   8/16             8/16 PD (0/8 rPD)[/font]
[font=Courier New]6    ED      3   6/12             6/12 ED (0/6 rED)[/font]
[font=Courier New]5    SPD     17   5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12[/font]
[font=Courier New]9    REC     4   9[/font]
[font=Courier New]40    END     4   40[/font]
[font=Courier New]40    STUN    11   40[/font]
[font=Courier New]8    RUN      4   8"                END [2][/font]
[font=Courier New]2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1][/font]
[font=Courier New]6    LEAP     2   5 1/2"                5 1/2" forward, 2 1/2" upward[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]CHA Cost: 153[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]48     [b][i]Advanced Pattern Recognition[/i][/b]: Multipower, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); all slots Requires A Deduction Roll  (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) - END=[/font]
[font=Courier New]3u     1)  [b][i]Pattern Recognition[/i][/b]: Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), x4 Range (1,000") (60 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Time Modifiers (-1/2), Requires A Deduction Roll  (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) - END=6[/font]
[font=Courier New]4m     2)  [b][i]I Know Where He Is[/i][/b]: Mind Scan 10d6, +5 ECV (60 Active Points); Neither Character nor Target Can Attack Through Link (-1), Mandatory Effect EGO +10 (Must Always Achieve [Particular Effect]; Target must Never be Aware of Power Use; -1/2), Requires A Deduction Roll  (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) - END=6[/font]
[font=Courier New]5m     3)  [b][i]I Know What You're Thinking[/i][/b]: Telepathy 12d6 (Human class of minds) (60 Active Points); Receive Only (-1/2), Mandatory Effect EGO +10 (Must Always Achieve [Particular Effect]; Target must Never be Aware of Power; -1/2), Requires A Deduction Roll  (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) - END=6[/font]
[font=Courier New]14     [b][i]Armored Costume[/i][/b]: Armor (8 PD/6 ED) (21 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0[/font]
[font=Courier New]11     [b][i]Combat Pattern Recognition[/i][/b]: +2 with All Combat (16 Active Points); Requires A Deduction Roll  (-1/2) - END=[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]POWERS Cost: 85[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]4      Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort[/font]
[font=Courier New]4      Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 7 1/2d6 Strike, Target Falls[/font]
[font=Courier New]4      Punch/Snap Kick:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8 1/2d6 Strike[/font]
[font=Courier New]5      Side/Spin Kick:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 10 1/2d6 Strike[/font]
[font=Courier New]12      +3 HTH Damage Class(es)[/font]
[font=Courier New]1      Weapon Element:  Staffs[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 33[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]2      KS: Federal Criminal Law 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      KS: Federal Criminal Procedure 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]5      Deduction 15-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      KS: Stock Brokering/Trading 14-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      PS: Day-Trader 14-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Conversation 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      High Society 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]10      Gambling (Board Games, Card Games, Dice Games, Sports Betting, Roulette) 14-[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      KS: Karate 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]SKILLS Cost: 33[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]5      Money:  Well Off[/font]
[font=Courier New]9      Contact:  PRIMUS (Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (9 Active Points) 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Fringe Benefit:  Federal/National Police Powers[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Fringe Benefit:  Security Clearance[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]PERKS Cost: 20[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]22      Danger Sense (self only, out of combat, Function as a Sense) 14-[/font]
[font=Courier New]4      Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED) (6 Active Points); Requires A Deduction Roll  (-1/2)[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]TALENTS Cost: 26[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Hunted:  PRIMUS 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)[/font]
[font=Courier New]25     Hunted:  IHA 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish) [Notes: Hunted as Insight, Hunted (and easily found as) Jessica Talbot][/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Hunted:  Cult of the Red Banner 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Social Limitation:  Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Social Limitation:  Famous (Frequently, Minor) [Notes: Famous as Jessica Talbot][/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Unluck: 2d6[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Psychological Limitation:  Sense of Responsibility/Needs to help others (Common, Strong)[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Psychological Limitation:  Code Against Killing (Common, Moderate)[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Dependence:  Needs to spend time in "white room" Incompetence: -1 to Skill Rolls and related rolls per time increment (Easy To Obtain, Addiction) [Notes: A 'white room,' in this case, is a room that is sparsely furnished (if furnished at all) with no patterns or distractions of any sort; a place where Jessica can get away from her information overload issues.  Relatively easy to set up, though finding the time to spend in it can be difficult (usually does so before bed each night.)][/font]
[font=Courier New]5     Physical Limitation:  Information Overload (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing) [Notes: Effects:  -1 OCV/DCV/Skill rolls, 8- activation roll][/font]
[font=Courier New]5     Reputation:  Mutant Precog for Hire, 8- [Notes: As Jessica Talbot.  As Insight, reputation is as a mutant precog with a soft-spot for women and children.][/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Dependent NPC:  Sarah and Becky (Ex and her daughter) 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]Base Pts: 200[/font]
[font=Courier New]Exp Required: 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Total Exp Available: 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Exp Unspent: 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Total Character Cost: 350[/font]
[font=Courier New]