[Interest in a HeroCentral game]

Kirby

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [interest in a HeroCentral game]

Ok... all setup over at HeroCentral now. User ID is TheTemplar' date=' User Display is Dr. Impossible, so shouldn't be too hard to find me.[/quote']Ah, young grasshopper, the trick is for you to find me. And then apply yourself. ;)

So here's a sticky wicket... trying to login at Hero Central (which I had no problems doing a couple of days ago) and now all I get is a blank page. Can't even log in. Attached a screenshot. I have the latest version of JRE. Any other thoughts?

I discovered the same problem yesterday. Dan has upgraded the site so that you can only access it via Firefox. The fix? Use Firefox. I'm personally less than happy with the change, but whatareyougonnado? :(

I discovered the same problem yesterday. Dan has upgraded the site so that you can only access it via Firefox. The fix? Use Firefox. I'm personally less than happy with the change' date=' but whatareyougonnado? :([/quote']

I'm having a smiliar problem(blank page...can't sign in or register). What is Firefox and how may I acquire it so that I may start posting ?

Rob

Kirby, sorry I didn't get anything in for your game, but the holiday and Black Friday took a lot of the time I had to do character work. (I was looking at updating a character from early days, like Crusader or Brick.) Good luck with the game, and I'll keep an eye out for any future calls for players.

I believe Kirby is considering a further recruitment process over on HeroCentral itself.

Southern Cross: what is your namesake character supposed to be able to do? If you tell us that, and his background, we might be able to give you some ideas.

Southern Cross is basically myself as an imitation Superman.The idea is an evil mad scientist kidnaps my avatar and turns him into a prototype supersoldier,but Southern Cross manages to escape before any combat skills can be downloaded (and before the brainwashing procedures can be initiated).Southern Cross's powers are largelyderived from cosmic-powered nanites in his blood,plus large-scale nanotech reconstruction of his entire body.

Well, in Kirby's game, my character is already in the Superman niche, so we would be at risk of tripping over each other's schticks. Still, that could be managed. Ignore it for the time being.

What are SC's key abilities? Flight, "invulnerability", strength.... and?

What is the minimum level of life support he should have? What is the minimum amount of enhanced senses? Does he have a blast?

(I've just sorted out the schtick issue. My character doesn't have a blast!)

Why not make SC essentially a blaster, with brick as a bit of a sideline. All he really needs to do the latter is reasonably high defences, and a Strength slot in a multipower.

He will, of course, be very much an imitation Superman, but that's what happens on 350 points.

My character, Astroman, was posted earlier in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

For the few people who had sent me characters via PM or e-mails toward the end of this thread, I'm sorry but the extended deadline has passed. I know one or two were really close to finishing, but I have to move on. The gaps in response time were too long and my plot is moving forward. If I have openings in the future, I'll let you know. Thank you for your understanding.

• 1 year later...