[Interest in a HeroCentral game]

Kirby

Re: [interest in a HeroCentral game]

Dr. MID-Nite, I'll send you a quick PM.

Wow, I've received about a hundred submissions! Unfortunately, 95 of them are Templar's version of Dr. Impossible (poetic, huh?). :D

I kid, I jest, but oh boy. I haven't even read them all, but 1/5 of all my e-mails are from him. ;) I'll have to respond tomorrow.

As a reminder, you *don't* have to submit your characters here, you may do so by mail. And if you have HDv2, please send your character that way.

One last tidbit. Confirmed acceptance so far goes to:

Snow Leopard - McCoy

Hee hee heeee! Again, sorry for the autofire character sheet creation. I think I've fiddled with him at least a dozen times.. maybe more.. and every time I fiddled I discovered more glaring holes either on the sheet or in the backstory. I THINK I've finally got all my bases covered now though, so it's all contingent on whatever changes you need me to make.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking either this Sunday or next. (I'll be out of town most of next week, so the extra week might not hurt.) My "goal" is to have 7+ heroes. If I don't have them by either this Sunday or next, I'll put a mention of it on the HeroCentral board. (I prefer to start my game notices here since there's more of a familiarity than with the names from HeroCentral, if that makes sense.)

I apologize in advance for the character spammage, but I have permission to do so from Kirby. :o

Since I've got a number of characters that I think would fit in, I'm going to post a number of them, and let him take a look for preferences. Since I've already posted one of them in the past, I'll just use a link for the background material (I've tweaked her, rules-wise, so putting that in-post.)

Patchwork's background material can be found here:

Stats:

[b]Patchwork - Francisca Steiner[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New] [/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]25    STR     15   25/65      14- / 22-       HTH Damage 5d6/13d6  END [2/6][/font]
[font=Courier New]21    DEX     33   21      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7[/font]
[font=Courier New]19    CON     18   19      13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]20    BODY    20   20      13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]17    INT     7   17      12-       PER Roll 12-[/font]
[font=Courier New]18    EGO     16   18/28      13- / 15-       ECV: 6/9[/font]
[font=Courier New]16    PRE     6   16      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6[/font]
[font=Courier New]14    COM     2   14      12-[/font]
[font=Courier New]24    PD      11   24             24 PD (10 rPD)[/font]
[font=Courier New]22    ED      10   22             22 ED (10 rED)[/font]
[font=Courier New]4    SPD     9   4/6                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12/2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12[/font]
[font=Courier New]10    REC     2   10[/font]
[font=Courier New]50    END     6   50[/font]
[font=Courier New]50    STUN    7   50/58[/font]
[font=Courier New]10    RUN      8   10"/25"                END [2/6][/font]
[font=Courier New]5    SWIM     3   5"                END [1][/font]
[font=Courier New]5    LEAP     0   5"/21"                5"/21" forward, 2 1/2"/10 1/2" upward[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]CHA Cost: 173[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]37     Life Support  (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 5 Minutes; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) - END=0[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     [b][i]Hardened Body[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED) - END=0[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     [b][i]Heavily Padded Costume[/i][/b]: (Total: 16 Active Cost, 10 Real Cost) +8 PD (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 5) [b]plus[/b] +8 ED (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 5) - END=0[/font]
[font=Courier New]4     [b][i]No Soul to Steal[/i][/b]: Power Defense (4 points) - END=0[/font]
[font=Courier New]60     [b][i]The Sum of her Parts[/i][/b]: Multipower, 75-point reserve,  (75 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Must select powers from one of a number of lists (determined by whose Gift is used).; -1/4) - END=[/font]
[font=Courier New]3u     1)  [b][i]Gift of the Patagonian I[/i][/b]: +40 STR (40 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) - END=4[/font]
[font=Courier New]1u     2)  [b][i]Gift of the Patagonian II[/i][/b]: +8 STUN (8 Active Points) - END=[/font]
[font=Courier New]1u     3)  [b][i]Gift of the Patagonian III[/i][/b]: Leaping +8" (5"/21" forward, 2 1/2"/10 1/2" upward) (8 Active Points) - END=1[/font]
[font=Courier New]2u     4)  [b][i]Gift of the Patagonian IV[/i][/b]: Naked Modifier: Area Of Effect (up to One Hex; +1/2) for up to 38 Active Points (19 Active Points) - END=2[/font]
[font=Courier New]2u     5)  [b][i]Gift of the ESPer I[/i][/b]: +10 EGO (20 Active Points) - END=[/font]
[font=Courier New]1u     6)  [b][i]Gift of the ESPer II[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (9/11 points total) (5 Active Points) - END=0[/font]
[font=Courier New]2u     7)  [b][i]Gift of the ESPer III[/i][/b]: Telepathy 4d6 (20 Active Points) - END=2[/font]
[font=Courier New]3u     8)  [b][i]Gift of the ESPer IV[/i][/b]: Telekinesis (20 STR) (30 Active Points) - END=3[/font]
[font=Courier New]2u     9)  [b][i]Gift of the Swiftfoot I[/i][/b]: +2 SPD (20 Active Points) - END=[/font]
[font=Courier New]4u     10) [b][i]Gift of the Swiftfoot II[/i][/b]: Running +15" (10"/25" total), x8 Noncombat (40 Active Points) - END=4[/font]
[font=Courier New]1u     11) [b][i]Gift of the Swiftfoot III[/i][/b]: +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points) - END=[/font]
[font=Courier New]2u     12) [b][i]Gift of the Firebrand I[/i][/b]: Flight 10" (20 Active Points) - END=2[/font]
[font=Courier New]4u     13) [b][i]Gift of the Firebrand II[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 11d6 (55 Active Points); Beam (-1/4) - END=5[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]POWERS Cost: 149[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Acrobatics 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Breakfall 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      KS: The Superhuman World 12-[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      KS: National Law 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      KS: National Police Procedures 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      KS: Psionics 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      AK: Andes Mountains ("Patagonia") 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      PS: Dancer 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]SKILLS Cost: 19[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Fringe Benefit:  Federal/National Police Powers[/font]
[font=Courier New]6      Contact:  PRIMUS (Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 8-[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]PERKS Cost: 9[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Psychological Limitation:  Code Versus Killing Common, Strong[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Psychological Limitation:  Capricious and Playful (Common, Moderate)[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Psychological Limitation:  Curious about Modern World (Common, Moderate)[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Psychological Limitation:  Questions what it means to be 'human,' and how to become one (Common, Strong)[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Social Limitation:  Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Dependent NPC:  Jody and John, human "parents" 8- (Incompetent; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)[/font]
[font=Courier New]20     Hunted:  Creator (Unknown Identity) 11- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Hunted:  PRIMUS 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Distinctive Features:  Creepy Aura (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Distinctive Features:  Stitched Together Body (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Vulnerability:  1 1/2 x STUN Magic, all types (Common)[/font]
[font=Courier New]5     Unluck: 1d6[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]Base Pts: 200[/font]
[font=Courier New]Exp Required: 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Total Exp Available: 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Exp Unspent: 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Total Character Cost: 350[/font]
[font=Courier New]

Field Test:

Background Material here

Stats:

[b]Field Test - Donny Ferguson[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]16    STR     6   16/26      12- / 14-       HTH Damage 3d6/5d6  END [2][/font]
[font=Courier New]17    DEX     21   17      12-       OCV 6 DCV 6[/font]
[font=Courier New]15    CON     10   15      12-[/font]
[font=Courier New]13    BODY    6   13      12-[/font]
[font=Courier New]18    INT     8   18      13-       PER Roll 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]14    EGO     8   14      12-       ECV: 5[/font]
[font=Courier New]20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6[/font]
[font=Courier New]12    COM     1   12      11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]7    PD      4   7/18             7/18 PD (0/11 rPD)[/font]
[font=Courier New]5    ED      2   5/16             5/16 ED (0/11 rED)[/font]
[font=Courier New]4    SPD     13   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12[/font]
[font=Courier New]6    REC     0   6[/font]
[font=Courier New]40    END     5   40[/font]
[font=Courier New]40    STUN    11   40[/font]
[font=Courier New]6    RUN      0   6"                END [1][/font]
[font=Courier New]2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1][/font]
[font=Courier New]3    LEAP     0   3"/5"                3"/5" forward, 1 1/2"/2 1/2" upward[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]CHA Cost: 105[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]16     [b][i]Kevlite Armored Costume (TM)[/i][/b]: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0[/font]
[font=Courier New]7     [b][i]Cyber-Servos[/i][/b]: +10 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); OIF (Armor; -1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) - END=[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     [b][i]Radio Communicator/Scanner[/i][/b]: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); IIF (-1/4) - END=0[/font]
[font=Courier New]17     [b][i]The Jetpack Works[/i][/b]: Flight 10", 2 Continuing Fuel Charges lasting 1 Hour each (+1/4) (25 Active Points); OIF (Jetpack; -1/2) - END=[2 cc][/font]
[font=Courier New]27     [b][i]The Blaster Works Too![/i][/b]: Energy Blast 8d6, 4 clips of 16 Boostable Charges (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Range (1/2 Range (150"); -1/4) - END=[16 bc][/font]
[font=Courier New]6     [b][i]Instant Change[/i][/b]: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (into and out of Superhero costume) (10 Active Points); Limited Target (Clothes) Limited (-1/2), IIF (Transporter Ring; -1/4) [Notes: Ring can be ID'd through Inventor] - END=1[/font]
[font=Courier New]103     Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 90 base + 13 control cost,  (135 Active Points); Character Has No Choice Regarding When Or How Powers Change (-1), VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (-1/2); all slots Activation Roll 14-, Jammed (-1) - END=[/font]
[font=Courier New]0     1) [b][i]Omni-Defensive Field Belt[/i][/b]: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED/5 Mental Defense/5 Power Defense) (30 Active Points); Activation Roll 14-, Jammed (-1), OIF (-1/2) Real Cost: 12 - END=3[/font]
[font=Courier New]0     2) [b][i]Perfect Insensibility Field[/i][/b]: Invisibility to Sight and Hearing Groups  (25 Active Points); Activation Roll 14-, Jammed (-1), OIF (-1/2) Real Cost: 10 - END=2[/font]
[font=Courier New]0     3) [b][i]Concussion Mini-Rockets[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 8d6, Explosion (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 14-, Jammed (-1), 8 Charges (-1/2) Real Cost: 17 - END=[8][/font]
[font=Courier New]0     4) [b][i]Sensory interference Ray[/i][/b]: Sight, Hearing and Smell/Taste Groups Flash 10d6 (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 14-, Jammed (-1) Real Cost: 20 - END=6[/font]
[font=Courier New]0     5) [b][i]Shrink Belt[/i][/b]: Shrinking (0.0625 m tall, 0.0031 kg mass, -10 PER Rolls to perceive character, +10 DCV, takes +15" KB) (50 Active Points); Activation Roll 11-, Jammed (-1 1/2), OIF (-1/2) Real Cost: 17 - END=5[/font]
[font=Courier New]0     6) [b][i]Growth Belt[/i][/b]: Growth (+45 STR, +9 BODY, +9 STUN, -9" KB, 51,200 kg, -6 DCV, +6 PER Rolls to perceive character, 16 m tall, 8 m wide) (45 Active Points); Activation Roll 11-, Jammed (-1 1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), OIF (-1/2) Real Cost: 13 - END=8[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]POWERS Cost: 186[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]4      Block/Chin Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort[/font]
[font=Courier New]4      Punch/Backhand:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 5d6 / 7d6 Strike[/font]
[font=Courier New]4      Low Blow:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND[/font]
[font=Courier New]4      Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 26 STR  / 36 STR to Disarm roll[/font]
[font=Courier New]4      Eye Gouge:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Flash 4d6[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 20[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]3      KS: Accounting/Bookeeping 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      KS: Business Law 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      KS: Tax Law/Accounting 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      KS: Finance 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]1      Acrobatics 8-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Breakfall 12-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Combat Piloting 12-[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      High Society 13-[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      KS: Local Law 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      KS: Local Police Procedures 11-[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]SKILLS Cost: 26[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]1      Fringe Benefit:  License to practice a profession[/font]
[font=Courier New]1      Money:  Well Off[/font]
[font=Courier New]2      Fringe Benefit:  Local Police Powers[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]PERKS Cost: 4[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]6      Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)[/font]
[font=Courier New]3      Bump Of Direction[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]TALENTS Cost: 9[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New][b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Dependent NPC:  Sandra (Wife) 11- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Unluck: 3d6[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Social Limitation:  Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major[/font]
[font=Courier New]20     Psychological Limitation:  Code Versus Killing Common, Total[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Psychological Limitation:  'Vulnerable' to Wife's Wishes (Very Common, Moderate)[/font]
[font=Courier New]15     Psychological Limitation:  Feels he has no business being a superhero (Common, Strong)[/font]
[font=Courier New]20     Hunted:  Utility 11- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Physical Limitation:  Hyperallegic to Drugs (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)[/font]
[font=Courier New]10     Vulnerability:  1 1/2 x STUN Chemical Attacks/Gas/Poison (Common)[/font]
[font=Courier New]20     Hunted:  Viper 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)[/font]
[font=Courier New][b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b][/font]
[font=Courier New]Base Pts: 200[/font]
[font=Courier New]Exp Required: 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Total Exp Available: 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Exp Unspent: 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Total Character Cost: 350[/font]
[font=Courier New]

And the new one (so far), Puss in Boots, can be found here in her entirety.

Here's my offering. I'll have a more detailed backstory reconstructed (stupid power outage!) by this weekend.

Sunknight

Player: Don Schamun (casualplayer)

Val Char Cost

65 STR 15

19 DEX 27

28 CON 36

12 BODY 4

20 INT 10

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

18 COM 4

15/30 PD 10

13/28 ED 7

5 SPD 21

11 REC 0

56 END 0

39 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

13" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 147

Cost Power

7 Burn Away the Mortal Shell: Cosmetic: clothing to hero id and back Transform 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points)

36 Golden Sheath: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

13 Immune to Mortal Peril: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only vs. "Real World" Damage ; -1), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

8 Stare at the Sun: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

36 Speed of Light: Multipower, 45-point reserve, (45 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

3u 1) Shining Flight: Flight 22" (44 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

4u 2) Speed of Light: Flight 10", MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

48 Favored by Gods: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

3u 1) Strength of Empires: +40 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

5u 2) Ray of Light: Desolidification (affected by Light, Mystical energies), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

2u 3) Pillar of Flame: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (52 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Must use after Transforming into Hero ID; -1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 165

Cost Skill

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 Cryptography 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 KS: Library Science 13-

3 KS: History 13-

2 KS: CA Criminal Law 11-

2 KS: CA Criminal Procedure 11-

3 Linguist

3 1) Language: Arabic (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

4 2) Language: English (Mexican Spanish is Native) (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

4 3) Language: Hebrew (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

3 4) Language: Nahuatl (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

0 5) Language: Spanish (imitate dialects; literate) (6 Active Points)

Skills Cost: 36

Cost Perk

2 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers

Perks Cost: 2

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Accidental Change: When Confronting Smoking Mirror (to Hero ID) Always (Uncommon)

5 Dependent NPC: Various Members of the Neighborhood/Family/Church 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

10 Distinctive Features: Touched by Gods (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

15 Hunted: DEMON 8- (Mo Pow, Capture)

20 Psychological Limitation: Devout Roman Catholic (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Follows Idealized Version of Chivalry (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Wants to Redeem Smoking Mirror (Uncommon, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Orlando Cervantes (Frequently, Major)

15 Social Limitation: Beholden to Huitzilopochtli (Occasionally, Severe)

15 Susceptibility: Disobeying Huitzilopochtli, 3d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

History: On a wilderness excursion brothers Orlando and Mauricio Cervantes stumbled on an Aztec temple where one should not have been. Mauricio plunged in at the thought of golden treasure and Orlando followed at the thought of his brother coming to harm. There was vast treasure, shining and irresistable, but it was not unguarded. The pale memory of the once-great Aztec diety Huitzilopochtli clung to the remnants of his lost empire and he protected those relics fiercely. Defying the warnings of the waning sun god, Mauricio grabbed as much as he could carry and fled. More than one Aztec god made these ruins his resting place and Tezcatlipoca, god of night, temptation and sorcery, laughing at the boldness claimed Mauricio as his avatar, his plaything. Raging against this affront Huitzilopochtli poured his anger out in a flood and immolated Orlando in a stream of liquid gold, searing away his flesh and marking him as the sun god's avatar, instrument of revenge and perhaps plaything as well.

Appearance: Orlando has been transformed into a physical specimen akin to Michelangelo's David, a mandated change to be suitable for the gifts Huitzilopochtli imbued him with. When he draws upon that power flame envelops him in a geyser that reaches high into the sky. This flame sears away his flesh and clothing leaving behind a gilted muscular man clad in mahogany brown, cuffed boots and gloves, and a similarly colored broad belt girdling a burgundy tabard that is emblazoned with a slightly luminescent white cross running neckline to hemline, side to side. Damage to his garb is quickly repaired as little flames knit the material back together and remove all blemishes. When as light Sunknight appears transparent, very much like a hologram. When he resumes his human form the golden armor seems to seep back into freshly made replacement skin, skin that hints of Moorish ancestry through his Spanish heritage.

Personality: Orlando was a bookish academic, well content with his position as an assistant professor of History at Cal State-Sacramento. His temperment and physique, formerly slight, unassuming and frail, steered him towards that career. Now, after the touch of Huitzilopochtli, he is a powerfully built, dynamic and vital warrior, and he is unsure how to handle it. He finds himself reveling in his gifts but then guilt reasserts itself. The distractions and joys of being Sunknight have derailed his academic career, he feels that he failed his brother Mauricio and he is uncertain if all the good works in the world can abate the shame of serving a pagan god.

I'm sorry' date=' Kirby, I'm not up for this game anymore. Time will not permit. Nevertheless, I hope you have a wonderful time with it![/quote']:cry::weep:

Here's my offering. I'll have a more detailed backstory reconstructed (stupid power outage!) by this weekend.

Sounds good; I can wait. :)

My curiosity is piqued' date=' at the very least....[/quote']

Count me among the number of folks who are interested in knowing more...

I'm in.

I'm interested. Let us know when you want us to start throwing out character submissions.

Put me down for an "interested" slot.

I am interested as well....

I'm Really Quite Interested [TM].

Count me as interested.

I would play in that game.

I'm interested.

I would be interested....

Please feel free to submit your character(s) if you are still interested. The deadline for submissions will be on Sunday, November 26. (Not this Sunday, but the Sunday after Thanksgiving.)

I will be out of town from Tuesday through Friday and then half of Saturday, so if you send a submission in don't think I'm ignoring you on these days, I'm simply not here. :cool:

Confirmed:

Snow Leopard - McCoy

Ronin - Dr. MID-Nite

Dr. Impossible - TheTemplar

Field Test - jkwleisemann

Cheshire Cat (reformed) - Cardinal

Review pending background:

Sunknight - casualplayer

Possibly resubmitting:

- Kevin Shultz

If you've sent me a PM or submission and I haven't responded, please give me a heads up. Thank you.

Yep, I'm resubmitting - I agree that the previous was a bit too Dark Anime/disad-heavy for what it sounds like you wanted, so I'm putting together more of a light-hearted Energy Manipulator with less disads. I'm currently still writing up the character history, though. Should have a rough draft done by tomorrow.

Name: Michael McAdam

Superhero ID: Pulse, aka Special Agent McAdam, aka "that Fed geek"

Player: Kevin Schultz

Concept: Telekenetic superhero, as played by Marshall (from Alias)

Rule of X:

Main Power DC: 16 (Concievably)

SPD: 6

DEF: (17+16)/2 = 16

OCV: 6

DCV: 10

Skills: 6

Total: 60

Char

13 STR 3

17 DEX 21

15 CON 10

14 BODY 8

18 INT 8

11/16 EGO 2

9 PRE -1

12 COM 1

5/17 PD 2

5/16 ED 2

6 SPD 13

7 REC 2

30 END 0

28 STUN -1

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

18 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 70

Power

5 Strong-Willed I: +5 EGO (10 Active Points); Defensive Only (-1)

3 Strong Will II: Mental Defense (8 points total) (5 Active Points); Nonpersistent (-1/4), Does not provide mental awareness (-1/4)

8 Burst Telekenetic: Elemental Control, 20-point powers, (10 Active Points); all slots Psychic Residue (-1/4)

6 1) TK Speed: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Only for use with Burst Telekenesis (-1/2), Psychic Residue (-1/4)

8 2) TK Leap: Leaping +16" (18 1/2" forward, 9" upward), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (20 Active Points); Psychic Residue (-1/4)

10 3) Basic TK Burst: Energy Blast 2d6, Increased Range Modifier (500", +1/4), No Range Modifier (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), (22 Active Points); Psychic Residue (-1/4)

6 4) Burst Block: Armor (5 PD/5 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (19 Active Points); Awareness Only (-1/2), Psychic Residue (-1/4)

7 5) Always Moving: +4 with DCV (20 Active Points); Cannot Be Used With Dodge (-1/4), Psychic Residue (-1/4)

6 Supersuit: Elemental Control, 20-point powers, (10 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2), Real Equipment (-1/4)

6 1) Gadgets and Gizmos: +2 Overall (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Real Equipment (-1/4)

6 2) Kevlar Weave: Armor (7 PD/6 ED) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Real Equipment (-1/4)

6 3) Telekenetic Augmentation: 20 points to reduce "Instant" or "awareness-only" to "nonpersistent" on Self-Only TK powers (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Real Equipment (-1/4)

6 4) On-board Computer: (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Real Equipment (-1/4)

65 Pulse Tricks: Variable Power Pool, 50 base + 16 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Half-Phase Action (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Burst Telekenesis Only (-1), Cannot be used in MPA's with Burst Telekenesis (-1/4), all slots Psychic Residue (-1/4)

[Notes: Psychic Residue: any push, critical failure, or critical success saturates the area with a psychic fingerprint that uniquely identifies the user, and gives a bonus to locating him via Telepathy. The signiture fades over time.]

Powers Cost: 150

Martial Arts Maneuver

5 Basic Running Shot: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Strike, +7 DC; FMove

5 Ranged Running Trip: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, 0 DCV, Range +0, Strike +5 DC +v/5, Target Falls; FMove

5 Ranged Running Disarm: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, Range +0, Disarm, +7 DC to Disarm; FMove

20 +5 Ranged Damage Class(es)

Martial Arts Cost: 35

Skill

Ex-Vigilante

3 1) Acrobatics 12-

3 2) Breakfall 12-

3 3) Concealment 13-

10 4) Defense Maneuver I-IV

12 5) +4 with TK

3 6) Paramedics 13-

13 7) Power: Telekenesis 16-

3 8) Stealth 13-

3 9) Teamwork 12-

FBI Agent

3 1) Criminology 13-

3 2) Deduction 13-

2 3) PS: FBI Agent 11-

3 4) Tactics 13-

2 5) WF: Small Arms

3 6) Forensic Medicine 13-

3 7) Streetwise 11-

3 8) Security Systems 13-

Skills Cost: 75

Perk

6 Contact: FBI, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-

3 Fringe Benefit: Federal/National Police Powers

2 Reputation: Superhero & Geek (Geeks and Nerds) 14-, +2/+2d6

Perks Cost: 11

Talent

11 Universal Scholar 16- (23 Active Points); Limited to topics he has extensively studied - gains 1 per story (-1) [Notes: Covers various knowledges that Michael has obsessed over in the past. Currenly includes Big Band music, Comic Books, Crime Novels, Cryptobiology, Fashion Industry, Federal Law & Procedure, Girlfriend, Metahumans, Napoleon, New York, Sewer Systems, Road Building and Repair, Tolkien, and Tropical Fish.]

Talents Cost: 11

Total Character Cost: 350

Disadvantage

Really Likes his Job

5 1) Social Limitation: FBI Agent-at-Large (Occasionally, Minor)

20 2) Hunted: FBI 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

5 3) Distinctive Features: FBI Geek (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 4) Psych Lim: FBI Geek (Uncommon, Moderate)

10 5) Reputation: Gung-Ho about working for the FBI, 14- (Known Only To other LEO's)

Living the Superhero Lifestyle

15 1) Psychological Limitation: Reluctant to Kill (Common, Strong)

5 2) Dependent NPC: Supermodel Girlfriend (who no one believes exists) 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

5 3) Dramatic Lifestyle (Unluck: 1d6)

15 4) Psychological Limitation: Hero's Code of Conduct (Common, Strong)

15 5) Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently, Major)

20 6) Hunted: PSI 8- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Kill/Capture)

Cinematic/Stereotypical Nerd

5 1) Hunted: People he's inadvertantly annoyed in the past 8- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Mildly Punish)

5 2) Psychological Limitation: Mild OCD (Uncommon, Moderate)

5 3) Psychological Limitation: Mild Asperger's Syndrome (Uncommon, Moderate)

5 4) Susceptibility: Highly Attractive (COM 18+) Women 1d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)

5 5) Enraged: People disagreeing with him about things he knows (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-

Quirks

1 1) At peace with the fact that he's socially handicapped

1 2) maintains long-distance relationship with his mother

1 3) Very outgoing and excited about life in general

1 4) Internet addiction

1 5) A little awkward in non-superheroic situations

Appearance:

Hair Color:Black

Eye Color:Brown

Height:1.83 m

Weight:82.00 kg

DESCRIPTION

Michael is a healthy, fit caucasian male in his mid 20's, with black hair and brown eyes. He has a squarish face, and is just shy of being "ruggishly good-looking", with a pronounced jawline and craggy eyebrows. He often has a somewhat controlled, intense look about him, as though whatever it is he's doing is the most interesting and exciting thing in the world.

On the job, he wears the traditional FBI dark suit and sunglases. His superhero costume consists of A dark blue bodysuit with full cape, utility belt, and hood, with the FBI logo descretly emblazoned in yellow on his upper left chest.

When speaking, he's usually intensly involved in whatever conversation he's having, although if he's not carefule he tends to drift back towards talking about FBI history or procedure, comic books, or his ongoing debate with a danish accountant about an obscure point of tolkien.

Background

Joan McAdam didn’t raise no fool, let me tell you none. No, that would have been easy. Dealt with plenty of fools though, from that fool of a husband to that fool of a stepdaughter to those fools living across the road with no momma of their own. Got a high tolerance for fools, got fool-raising was down to a science. But none compare with that boy, Michael; No, he done seemed determined to transcend the traditional notions of foolishness and bridge the divide to full-on Idiot.

A sweet boy, of course. Full of the kinds of things that boys are full of: snakes and snails and industrial lubricants in the living room. (Never did figure out where he got that axle grease.) Chatterbox a mile a minute, he was, talking about his cartoons one second and outer space the next and Sally Mae’s new convertible the moment after. Still, I did what I could. Hurt himself jumping off the kitchen table? Time for a lesson in biology. Won’t read his primer? Read them funny papers instead. Got distracted counting the ceiling tiles? Well, seems a time as any to do arithmetic.

One of his teachers laughed once, called it the Montessori School of Hard Knocks; all I knew that it worked, and it got my boy through elementary school. Of course, after the third time he came home late on account of forgetting to get on the bus, maybe I thought of getting myself some professional help.

Had time to regret that decision. Sure, the names helped. Truth be told, I’d rather call him Asperger’s or Obsessive-Compulsive or Attention Deficit than That Idiot or Yarn-Head. But the zombie that got off the short bus every day, that sat at the dinner table, trying to push through the cotton in his head to read a page out of his comics? That wasn’t my boy. The drugs had taken him away, and I was dammed if I wasn’t going to bring him back.

Maybe going cold-turkey wasn’t the best way to go. But by then, things had gotten out of control in more ways than one, what with the fight and the knives stuck full-through the refrigerator door and all. THAT took a bit of cleanup before Child Services arrived, but we made do. I got my boy back, and I won’t let no one tell me how to raise him again.

Course, it would be the funny papers that stuck with him all through that time. Maybe that was the Lord’s own way of lighting the path to follow, or maybe it was just something that could keep his interest; but with the fight, Michael got himself a focus. He was all study, after that.

Sure, it was studying upstairs and downstairs and under the bed and on the roof, but it was study. And when he started reading police procedure manuals and detective books and whodunits and them legal papers, it was still study. And when he started going to the gym to burn off more of that mental energy, staying up nights to jump around town and the like? Well, that wasn’t quite study, but at least it got him out of the house some.

And after that? Well, you know it as well as me. Followed him through high school, out of college, just like I did! Taped the news on him just as well as I can, cliped articles just like everyone else on the block. Got himself a website, too - looked it up just the other day. Oh, he's living it up in the big city now, got himself accredidation! Moving up in the world, huh? Now he can call himself Special AGENT McAdams!

You see him soon, you tell him his momma don't hear from him enough. And tell him to get a girl! Boy like him needs looking after some.

-Joan McAdams, HeroTalk magazine, July 2005.

Personality

Michael is an outgoing, affable individual who just so happens to be a near-textbook case of "working-disabled". He has been diagnosed with high-level autism, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and probably should be on Ritilin. Manifesting his powers was probably the best thing that happened to him, as it gave him something besides his own brain chemistry to focus on. With that event, he (with significant help from his mother) managed to overcome his disabilities and was able to (over)focus his energies into being a successful superhero. And, much like Forrest Gump on crack, he has since galloped his way though life with a charming, manic sort of style that simultaneoulsy grates and endears people to him.

Although he's embraced the superhero life with a vengence, he still has problems relating to people outside of his own competencies. For him, vigilante work and later the FBI gave him a framework from which to view the world; outside of that, he tends to get a bit lost.

"Hi! Special Agent Michael McAadam, FBI. But you could probably tell that, I mean, the FBI part, what with the big "F", the "B", and the "I" on the back of my jacket. What? oh, right. There it is, see? Heh, funny story. On time, at FBI camp...just kidding. But seriously, there was this one time I was at Quantico...Huh? Oh, right. You're under arrest. But anyway, when I was at Quantico..."

"Yes, I have a girlfriend. Um...she's at a photo shoot...in the Bahamas...for Este Lauder. Oh, sure, here's her picture. Uh, yeah, I got it out of Cosmo, why? What, it was the easiest way to get one! Why would I lie about something like this? No, really, why?"

Powers/Tactics

Michael is a burst telekenetic: he has the ability to create powerful, microsecond-long pulses of TK energy. His signiture power is to throw small bubbles of TK energy at his targets, and has trained in doing so extensively. He also uses small bursts of TK energy to move quickly around the field of battle, and to deflect incoming attacks. Finally, he has a large repitoire of tricks that he's picked up over the years, including variations on his base attack, improved defenses, and temporarily increasing his own strength.

His equipment is granted to him and maintained by the FBI, and is made of a psychokenetic-reactive fiber that keeps Michael's own energies from dissapating as quickly as normal. Thus, while wearing the suit, he's able to maintain a more-or-less constant charge around his body. However, even with the enhanced fibers, the dissapation is registered in seconds rather than microseconds, so any lapse of focus on Michael's own part will cause his powers to disspate.

Note that Michael is something of a glass cannon; although he has powerful attacks, he does not have the fortitude to stay in a concentrated fight for long. Thus, he usually stays at range, firing his basic TK bolts at his foes, while assisting his allies with various tricks he's picked up along hte way. If necessary, he can act as the group hardpoint (increasing his own strength and defenses), but only for a limited time. And, despite his role as psychic, he has fairly little in the way of mental defenses.

Campaign Use

Michael is a thorough team player; he is one of the agents the FBI uses on a federal level to assist branch offices in investigating metahuman activity. In that sense, he's very good at his job: willing to work with any- and everyone to get a case solved, and has the practical experience to back up his fellow officers with either investigative support or metahuman firepower. However, his lack of social skills tends to prevent him from working solo or as the head of a team, as he tends inadvertantly grate people the wrong way.

I've started putting together my submission. Unfortunately I'm suffering from a temporary attack of "busy" which will delay him for a day or two.

Basically, he's a "Kelvarite Kid" - someone exposed to Kelvarite, with the "typical" powers and weaknesses associated with that. Hopefully that should be enough of a hook into the standard CU. He'll probably take one or more of the Kelvarite-related villains as a hunted, and maybe ARGENT (or one of the more mad science oriented VIPER weenies if that is preferable).

I'll have to submit him in text format, since I don't have Hero Designer.

PMs sent to casualplayer, Kevin Shultz, and Korvar.

Assault (and any others interested) please try to send a submission in today, even if it is background-free (I know thinking up and typing a background can sometimes be the longest part).

If you've sent me a submission and I haven't responded, please send me a PM or e-mail. Either I over-looked it or didn't receive it.

Thank you.

Assault (and any others interested) please try to send a submission in today' date=' even if it is background-free (I know thinking up and typing a background can sometimes be the longest part).[/quote']

Here it is - background free. I'll try and fix that tonight, and hopefully even have a crude picture.

---

ASTROMAN

Frank Jones

Value Characteristic Cost Roll Notes

60 STR 50 21- Lift 100 tons; 12d6; [6]

26 DEX 48 14- OCV: 9 DCV: 9

28 CON 36 15-

17 BODY 14 12-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

25 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d6

12 COM 1 11-

25 PD 13 Total: 25 PD (15 rPD)

23 ED 17 Total: 23 ED (15 rED)

6 SPD 24 Total: 0 MD (0 rMD)

18 REC 0 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

56 END 0 Running: 6" / 12"

61 STUN 0 Swimming: 2" / 4"

Flight: 20" / 40"

Cost Powers END

40 Multipower: Superspeed Powers

4u Flight: 20" Flight (40 Active Points) 4

2u Supersonic Flight: 10"Flight, Megascale (+1/4) 2

15 Naked Power Advantage: 1/2 END cost on Strength 3

15 Damage Resistance (15PD / 15ED) 0

4 Life Support (Safe In Intense Heat and Cold) 0

Cost Perks

6 Contact: FBI agent, 11- (very useful skills/contacts +2; access to major institution (FBI) +1; good relationship +1)

3 Fringe Benefit: National Police Powers

1 Fringe Benefit: Passport

Cost Skill

3 Bureaucratics 14-

3 Teamwork 14-

3 Tactics 12-

2 AK: Main Campaign City 11-

3 AK: Australia 12-

3 Scholar

2 KS: Archeology 12-

2 KS: Archeological world 12-

1 KS: Anomalous History 11-

2 KS: Known Superhumans 12-

1 KS: (US) Federal Criminal Law 11-

1 KS: (US) Federal Criminal Procedure 11-

3 PS: Archeologist 12-

2 PS: Academic 11-

200+ Disadvantages

10 Dependent NPC: Lydia Griffiths, Archeologist 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat

Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

10 Hunted: Tachyon 8- (As Pow)

10 Hunted: Thunderbolt II 8- (As Pow)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Com, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Protective Of Innocents (Com, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frank Jones, Archeologist/Research Fellow), Frequently, Severe

10 Unluck 2D

20 Vulnerability: 2x Effect from Drains

20 Vulnerability: 2x STUN and Effect from Mental Attacks

15 Susceptibility: to Kelvarite, 1d6 damage per Phase (Uncommon)

0 Experience Points

Characteristics Cost 229 Base Points 200

Powers Cost 80 Disadvantages 150

Talents Cost 0 Experience Points 0

Perks Cost 10 Total Points 350

Skills Cost 31

Total Cost 350

---

Nationality Australian

Place of Birth Charleville, Queensland, Australia

Date of Birth January 14, 1980

Hair Colour: Black

Eye Colour: Green

Height: 1.9m

Weight: 90kg

Costume/Appearance: To be supplied. (Along with picture)

Background: To be supplied. Brief summary - Frank was an archeologist working in the Australian outback when he was exposed to Kelvarite. Now he is a research fellow at a University/College in the US. While his time is mostly relatively free, he still needs to publish and present papers…

---

Notes:

-"Formula of X"

DC* + SPD + Average Def [(PD+ED)/2], + OCV (ECV) + DCV (or ECV, again) + Skill levels**. These should equal 60 or less.

12 + 6 + [(25 + 23)/2] + 9 + 9 + 0 = 60

*If your main power is a 12d6 EB, but you have an advantage that makes it 75 Active Points, I will consider it a DC 15 for purposes of the formula.

*** Oops! His main attack is his 60 Strength, which is at 1/2 Endurance! ***

check him carefully for errors! He probably really needs more Contacts, but…

"Anomalous history" refers to the various hints and clues pointing to the existence of very early human and pre-human civilisations in the CU.

OK, this is looking good. Sometime in the daylight hours of Monday, I'll post some more on looking for a campaign name (which will be hard considering I don't want to reveal the GM fiat method getting everyone together), but I'll probably open the game on HeroCentral there as well and take applications from the HC people after everyone accepted here has applied there.

Here it is - background free. I'll try and fix that tonight' date=' and hopefully even have a crude picture.[/quote']

Looks like an interesting character.

Speaking of pictures, does anyone know how to capture the pictures of your characters from City of Heroes? I've got a working picture of Snow Leopard there.

Looks like an interesting character.

Thanks. He comes from a long line of flying brick designs.

I'm a firm believer in characters with lots of points in characteristics and simple powersets.

The idea of making all his primary characteristics end in different digits had a big impact on his Dex and Speed. I would normally have gone with 23 and 5, rather than 26 and 6, which is quite a lot tougher. Then again, his defences are lower than my typical brick build.

I like him. I think I may have found a sweet spot, where a 350 point character can be "just right".

I envisage most of his experience going on skills and perks, but if I do feel the need to power him up, I was careful enough to define his multipower as "superspeed", not flight. :eg:

I suppose I should get back to writing up his background, and working on his picture. Or else I could do some actual work...

OK, guys, I'm not going to strain my brain here trying to think of a campaign name, simply because asking for help is almost like blindfolding you first (I mean, I'm not even telling you how you're getting together, which many would see as a major obstacle sincethe "get together" is probably a theme). :think: (I'm really hoping it will be a neat idea and not a "that's it?" one.)

So, anyway, the Confirmed players may go ahead and apply to the campaign on HeroCentral. The Campaign name is League of Champions. When you apply, please let me know your character's name (I think only TheTemplar and jkwleisemann are the one's who's HC names I don't know). Once the campaign has started and the team has formed, we can worry about a team name or a "subtitle."

Confirmed:

Snow Leopard - McCoy

Ronin - Dr. MID-Nite

Dr. Impossible - TheTemplar

Field Test - jkwleisemann

Cheshire Cat (reformed) - Cardinal

Astroman - Assault

The Hood - Korvar

Pending:

casualplayer

Kevin Shultz

radioKAOS

Any questions, feel free to ask here or there or by alternate methods. :)

While the campaign will probably start before Christmas, I'm sure it won't become too active until after New Year's Day, so don't worry if you have to leave for a week for the holidays.

And the 3rd time's a charm, hopefully - (If so, no biggie - t'was fun applying, regardless).

Name: Emma Alexandra Hoffman

Alias: Icon (350 pt. version)

Concept: Flying Energy Brick

Player: Kevin Schultz

Rule of X:

DC: 18

SPD: 5 (buffed)

(PD+ED)/2 = (21+28)/2 = 24 (buffed)

OCV: 5

DCV: 5

Skill: 3

Total: 60

Char Cost

50 STR -10

14 DEX 12

32 CON 4

33 BODY -20

19 INT 9

15 EGO 0

21 PRE 1

18 COM 4

10/21 PD 0

6/17 ED 0

4 SPD 6

16 REC 0

63 END 0

74 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

10" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 4

Power

Energized Attributes

40 1) +20 CON

40 2) +50 STR (50 Active Points); Side Effect: Aura Flare when pushed (-1/4)

53 3) +33 BODY (66 Active Points); Side Effect: Bleeds cosmic energy (-1/4)

5 Cool Under Fire: +5 EGO (10 Active Points); Defensive Only (-1)

1 Strong Willed: Mental Defense (13 points total) (2 Active Points); Nonpersistent (-1/4), Does not provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

5 On her Toes: Defense Maneuver I-IV (10 Active Points); FMove Maneuvers only (-1)

5 Fast: +1 SPD (10 Active Points); FMove Maneuvers Only (-1)

2 Supersuit: Elemental Control, 10-point powers, (5 Active Points); all slots Supersuit (-1)

[Notes: Supersuit: All Powers OIF (-1/2), All Powers Cost END (Only to Activate, Must Activate All Powers at Once -1/2)]

2 1) Light Kevlar weave: Armor (3 PD/3 ED) (9 Active Points); Supersuit (-1)

3 2) Molecular Reogranization: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (standard effect: 6 points) (Costume into any form of clothing), Improved Results Group (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Supersuit (-1)

2 3) On-board PDA: computer (10 Active Points); Supersuit (-1)

2 4) Lookin' Sharp: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Offense Only (-1), Supersuit (-1)

2 5) Utility belt: +1 Overall (10 Active Points); Supersuit (-1)

14 Energy Aura: Elemental Control, 50-point powers, (25 Active Points); all slots Energy Power (-3/4)

[Notes: Energy Power Limitations: Only in Heroic Idenity (-1/4), Extra Time (Extra Segment, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, - 1/2)]

14 1) Empowered Defense: Force Field (8 PD/8 ED/8 Mental Defense/8 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (48 Active Points); Energy Power (-3/4)

11 2) Energy Sense: Detect All Forms of Energy (large class of things) 14- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Sense, Targeting, Telescopic: +9, Transmit (50 Active Points); Energy Power (-3/4), Affected as Touch (-1/2)

7 3) Empowered Healing: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 14 Real Cost) Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), All powers affected by damage, drain, transfers, supressions, or transforms (+2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Energy Power (-3/4), Self Only (-1/2) (Real Cost: 9) plus Can Heal Limbs (Real Cost: 2)

14 4) Empowered Strength: Variable Special Effects (Any Energy SFX; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) for up to 50 Active Points of STR (37 Active Points); Energy Power (-3/4)

14 5) Empowered Flight: Flight 16", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (48 Active Points); Energy Power (-3/4)

11 6) Energy Conservation: Succor 3d6+1 (standard effect: 10 points), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), REC, SPD, CON, and ED simultaneously (+1) (42 Active Points); Energy Power (-3/4), Self Only (-1/2)

20 Energy Manipulation: Variable Power Pool, 10 base + 10 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (25 Active Points); Energy Manipulation Only (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 266

Martial Arts Maneuver

5 1) Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

5 2) Passing Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 10d6 +v/5; Target Falls; FMove

5 3) Flying Grab: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 60 STR for holding on; FMove

5 4) Passing Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 10d6 +v/5; FMove

Martial Arts Cost: 20

Skill

Federal Agent-in-training

3 1) Criminology 13-

3 2) Deduction 13-

3 3) Forensic Medicine 13-

3 4) Tactics 13-

2 5) PS: Federal Agent 11-

Vigilante

3 1) Analyze: Energy Readings 13-

1 2) Navigation (Air) 13- (2 Active Points); Personal Flight Only (-1/2)

3 3) Teamwork 12-

9 4) +3 with any movement-based maneuver

3 5) Power: Energy Manipulation 13-

3 Scientist

1 1) SS: Criminal Psychology 11- (2 Active Points)

1 2) SS: Metahuman Powers 11- (2 Active Points)

1 3) SS: Physics (High Energy) 11- (2 Active Points)

1 4) SS: Psychology 11- (2 Active Points)

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: FBI Procedure (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Federal Law (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) KS: Metahumans (2 Active Points) 11-

Skills Cost: 46

Perk

3 Reputation: Local Hero (Boston and Washington, DC) (A medium-sized group) 14-, +2/+2d6 (4 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

6 Contact: BPD, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-

2 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers

Perks Cost: 11

Disadvantage

Truth, Justice, and the American Way

15 1) Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Strong)

10 2) Psychological Limitation: Code of Conduct: Truth, Justice, and the American Way (Common, Moderate)

5 3) Hunted: Minor Rogues gallery 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 4) Reputation: Hero of DC and Boston, 14- (DC/Boston Residents only)

Recovering Victim of Parental Abuse

10 1) Hunted: Mother 8- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)

5 2) Psychological Limitation: Recovering Victim of Parental Abuse (Uncommon, Moderate)

5 3) Accidental Change: Emotionally-charged confrontation with friends and family members 8- (Uncommon)

5 4) Enraged: Emotionally-charged Confrontations with family and friends (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-

10 5) Psychological Limitation: Uses Humor and Sarcasm to Cover Own Feelings (Common, Moderate)

5 6) Social Limitation: Sees a psychologist (Occasionally, Minor)

Metahuman

15 1) Physical Limitation: Unusual Biochemestry (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 2) Hunted: NCI 8- (Mo Pow, Kill/Capture)

Living the Normal Life

15 1) Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

5 2) Reputation (Georgetown University): Doesn't deserve to be there, 11- (Known Only To A Small Group)

10 3) Social Limitation: Still in College (Occasionally, Major)

5 4) Dependent NPC (Friends and Family): Mike Hoffman, Ami Ziwinski, Lt. Elizabeth Price, Adam Jennings 8- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

Quirks

1 1) Closet fangirl of Superman

1 2) Distinctive Features: Extremly large (but faint) energy aura (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

1 3) Takes extremely powerful anti-depressants

1 4) Has rage issues, but is aware of and controls it

1 5) knows that she is a potential alcoholic, and will thus never drink

BACKGROUND/HISTORY

People in school thought Emma was doing fine: even in high school, she was an honor student, earned a spot on the Varsity cheer squad, and had the attention of several upperclassmen of appropriate gender and social standing. She was rich, pretty, smart, and popular. In short, she was living the dream of most everyone in the school. She was also living in despair.

Her father, a systems administrator for a successful software company, was wrapped up in his work. Her mother, a defense attorney, drank heavily. When the two were in the house at the same time, they argued. The marriage had been over for years, but for some reason they never got separated, both being more afraid of being alone than of living in misery together.

And then her mom started to hit her.

Emma wasn't sure why; maybe a case went bad, or maybe Emma herself did something to set it off. It started with slapping. Oh, Jessica looked guilty when she was sober, and bought Emma's friends expensive things to apologize, but it didn't actually stop. Sometimes it would escalate, but not often. Mike didn't do anything, except look ashamed. She hit him too; screamed obscenities, mocked his manhood and inability to act, and he retreated to his work even more.

And then Emma hit back.

She wasn't sure why; maybe she just got tired of it, or maybe it was the pent-up rage. It started off normally, but by the end of the night, the side of Mike's face was a swollen mess, Jessica had started in on Emma, and suddenly it stopped. According to police reports, and later statements given by both parents, the argument had escalated until Mike had pushed Jessica away, causing her to pierce her gut with chair leg that had been broken earlier that evening. The hospital confirmed the existence of defensive wounds on both Mike and Emma, as well as signs of long-term abuse on both. However, while the doctors found no signs of wood in the wound, such evidence was later set aside 'for the good of the family.'

The divorce was finalized two months later, with sole custody being granted to Michael Hoffman. He still has nightmares about trying to extract his daughter's fist from his wife's stomach.

Throuhout high school, Emma and her father practiced keeping her powers in check. As a victim of parental abuse, she felt motivated to ensure that such victimization did not occur to others. Her own childhood superhero fantsiies had come true, and it had only taken the crippling of her mother and the dissolution of her family to make it real. In order to deal with that aspect of her power, (and in part to AVOID dealing with that realization), she became a full-time superhero in the Boston area, letting her schoolwork and social obligations slide. After barely graduating, she was able to get into Georgetown on the strength of her SAT scores, and on the hearty recommendation of the Boston PD Special Case squad (whom she had saved on several occasions, and whom she also internned at in her civilian guise.)

Emma is currently a sophomore at Georgetown, majoring in Criminal Justice. After graduation, she plans on joining the FBI.

PERSONALITY/MOTIVATION

The happy, preppy, social butterfly at school that was Emma Hoffman was a mask for the scared, hurting Emma Hoffman that lived at home, who lived in fear of her mother's physical and emotional abuse, and in rage of her father's inability to intervene. The manifestation of her powers brought the dysfunction of her family to the attention of the authorities, which in turn was the beginning of the end of her family life, and a good portion of her social life at school. In years that followed, Emma went through severe bouts of depression, lost most of her friends, but managed to at least partially resolve her feelings towards her father. She is currently motivated by a desire to not let what happened to her happen to other people, as well as a desire to control both her power and her emotions so that she does not unintentionally cause harm, even to those that may deserve it.

In public, Emma comes across as an almost stereotypicaly inane, vaguely sarcastic, college cheerleader, who uses her appearance and barbed comments to keep everyone at a distance. Among friends, she is still sarcastic, but drops the vapid aspect.

The relationship she has with both her parents is somewhat complex. Her mother was wounded and partially crippled during the confrontation, but was still willing to hide her daughter's powers from the authorities. Although Jessica has not admitted any real wrongdoing in the affair, she has lost custody to her husband in the ensuing divorce. However, she still believes that she is a better parent than Mike, and will occasionally use her legal expertise to attempt to undermine her ex-husband's position as well as her daughter's extracurricular activities. She currently has a restraining order out against her from ever contacting her daughter. Emma has not seen her in over two years.

Emma's outburst forced Mike to acknowledge the sad state of affairs with his wife, and has led to at least a partial reconciliation with his daughter. His main motivation in supporting his daughter's desire to become a superhero, alongside parental love and affection, is guilt and self-loathing, which manifests as overworking and a slight distancing from Emma "in order not to hurt her any more". The main bonding he shares with Emma, aside from superhero training, are the weekly sessions they have together with a family psychologist. (In fact, it was the psychologist who recommended that he be involved in her training, as an activity they both shared.) To support his daughter in her endeavors (and to get away from his ex-wife), Mike joined the Boston Police Department and got a job as the sysadmin for the city police department. After Emma graduated, he moved down to the DC area, and is currently employed at the DCPD in a similar fashion.

(in civvies) "I love how the orange in your purse draws attention away from the size of your hips. Ooh, did I just go there? I think I just went there."

(In combat) "I'll take the flying squid-guy. You get the chick with the big gun."

POWERS/TACTICS

Emma's body emits a minor amount of cosmic energy, which radiates off of her in a very large but faint energy aura. In its dormant state, the energy enhances her strength and constitution. Emma can also collapse the energy aura on herself; in doing so, she can fly, resist damage, and regenerate from wounds. She also becomes slightly faster and more efficient in using her own energy, as being dormant is actually a slightly stressful state for her. Finally, she is capable of modulating her own aura, which then manifests as different forms of energy.

Collapsing the aura on herself causes a bit of an explosion, as high-intensity radiation sheers through anything close to her skin. (This is also why she wears spandex - it's close enough to her skin that er aura actually manifests above it.) She will create a similar, if not nearly so obvious, electromagnetic spike if she pushes her powers, although doing so with anything but her strength is uncommon. She may also, on rare occasions, loose control and activate her energy aura unintentionally. This has happened a handful of times, all in cases of severe emotional trauma with her family: once when she first manifested, and twice more during counseling sessions with her father and psychologist.

Note that Emma's body is slowly converting itself into cosmic energy; she has calculated that by the time she is 29, she will be a fully elemental creature. In addition to not having anything that resembles a human physiology, Emma "bleeds" primeval forces. This manifests as odd energy signitures, radiation burns, and similar events whenever she is even lightly injured. (her blood is also bright silver, and glows in the dark.)

As an experienced metahuman, Emma has managed to gain access (through legal agencies) to a molecularly-bonded supersuit; the outfit has a variety of preset shapes, and is capable of being programmed to imitate other forms of clothing; however, in such a modified state, the suit is useless as anything other than covering her skin.

CAMPAIGN USE

Emma is a mid-level flying brick and low-level energy manipulator, with a movement-based martial art optimized for her flight capabilities. She works well solo or in small groups as the center hardpoint, going in first to grab the attention of their enemies and to take the initial hit. She is also an experienced, if only moderately-skilled, investigator.

APPEARANCE

Emma is a 19-year old American girl of Germanic and Irish descent. She is attractive in a vaguely Teutonic fashion, and has an athletic (if somewhat skinny) build, although her powers have made her body slightly more dense than the human norm. She has long brown hair, which is currently dyed blonde. For clothing, Emma is fairly successful at pulling off the modern vapid preppie look. This is a direct contrast to her custom hero outfit, which consists of silver spandex and a white cape. Emma's hair also turns black, due to an energy-reactive additive she uses in her shampoo. Emma's energy aura distorts her appearance enough that she can get away without a mask, as very few people ever get a clear look at her face.