[Interest in a HeroCentral game]

Kirby

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [interest in a HeroCentral game]

Kirby, how familiar are you with the Enemies of San Angelo book? I'm assuming you own it. Could I make some changes to an enemy to bring the points to where they should be and still be able to play him, or will you only allow them as is?

Any room for reformed criminals? I was thinking of running a reformed Cheshire Cat.
He could be a good candidate.

Kirby' date=' how familiar are you with the Enemies of San Angelo book? I'm assuming you own it. Could I make some changes to an enemy to bring the points to where they should be and still be able to play him, or will you only allow them as is?[/quote']Yes, I own it. :) Both teams in there I plan on using :sneaky: The "gentleman" who lives down the hall from Sheila Buckman I plan on using as well, but the others will be fine, if you bring them to 350 (and make them good guys, of course).

So' date=' where should we send char write ups or concepts?[/quote']Well, to me, but I'm not ready for them, yet. As an FYI for anyone who's interested, I have HDv2.42, but not HDv3. I'm going to talk to my wife before the month is over to see if the finances allow for me to purchase it.

Sorry to keep hitting you w/ so many questions... but since this isn't a strict CU game' date=' did the Destruction of Detroit/ building of Millenium City occur?[/quote'] Good question. Yes, it did. The setting will basically be 5E CU, however, I will be using 4E and San Angelo teams/people as well, such as the Protectors, Freedom Squad, and Justice Foundation (though, if someone plays one of the members from one of those groups, that's fine). I will be using the 5E Champions, but if you want Solitaire or Quantum as a contact/girlfriend, I have no problem with that. (They can either be on the 5E Champions team or a solo hero.)

Count me as interested.

I would most likely go with some kind of brick, although Seeker would have amusement value, after a little bit of redesigning to get him to 350 points. (Combat Luck would be an obvious addition...)

Alternatively, I could always pull out a version of Assault, since the game I was playing him in has changed/restarted. There are a couple of other Brick options I would consider instead.

Good question. Yes' date=' it did. The setting will basically be 5E CU, however, I will be using 4E and San Angelo teams/people as well, such as the Protectors, Freedom Squad, and Justice Foundation [/quote']

Hmmmm. Intriguing ... I know zip-all about anything from San Angelo, but there were a few 4th Edition teams that catch my interest as potential background material.

If I was going to use any of the 4th Edition Champions' date='I'd prefer to use Solitaire or,in a pinch, Seeker. (Both upgraded to 350 points,of course).[/quote']

Definitely upgraded ... and tweaked a bit ;)

For a start,I'd replace Seeker's Ultrasonic Hearing with the Seduction skill & add two levels of the Combat Luck Talent,give him enough Weapon Elements to use all his weapons with his Martial Arts,include all the weapons shown in his illustration (including game stats) & expand his skill list a bit.

(Incidentally,is it allowed to use slots from two DIFFERENT Multipowers in a Multi-Power Attack? I've been thinking about giving Seeker two weapons-based Multipowers-one for his primary weapon & another for a secondary weapon (such as a second sai).

For a start,I'd replace Seeker's Ultrasonic Hearing with the Seduction skill & add two levels of the Combat Luck Talent,give him enough Weapon Elements to use all his weapons with his Martial Arts,include all the weapons shown in his illustration (including game stats) & expand his skill list a bit.

(Incidentally,is it allowed to use slots from two DIFFERENT Multipowers in a Multi-Power Attack? I've been thinking about giving Seeker two weapons-based Multipowers-one for his primary weapon & another for a secondary weapon (such as a second sai).

Neat. I would go more Iron Fist and give him Chi abilities ;)

I believe so - I was under the impression that the restriction was for attacks in the same framework, as most frameworks were supposed to represent the same power used different ways: thus, if you have two separate powers, they're not the same power, and thus can be used separately.

I also thought you could use the same attack in a multipower twice, if you had the 5-point 'extra focus' power, plus the assorted Ambidexterous/2-weapon fighting/etc. talents. This lets you use, say, 2 pistols at the same time wihtout having to pay full cost for each pistol. But really, that's more of an alternate way to get Autofire 2x, than it is to really use the same multipower twice.

UPDATE FYI - My wife will be using the computer for the majority of the day to complete her work. I should be back on this evening to start with the campaign tone, more precisely what I'm looking for, and where to send submissions.

Thank you for your patience.