The Villain Protocols

palaskar

So, reading "The Champions Protocols" got me thinking -- how would you nullify/take out the major Marvel/DC/Champions villians? Here's my take:

Galactus: Easy. Megascale cosmetic transform on the Earth from "tasty planet" to "disgusting planet."

Darkseid:Missile deflection, vs. all attacks, usable to attack other characters, plus a large Aid, only to the deflectived attack. Darkseid gets disintegrated by his own Omega Beams.

The Black Flash: VERY large megascale (probably the size of Earth or so) mind control, only to "convince you are already absorbed by the Speed Force." Does have the nasty side effect of nullifying all Speed Zone heroes, though.

Doomsday/Juggernaut/Rampaging Hulk: OIF, only to lift character off the ground. May need Area Effect to take out superfast Doomsday, of course.

Dr. Doom: Tough one. First take off or destroy his gauntlets, which disables his offensive and defensive armor systems (look at the Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom team-up graphic novel for proof of this.) Then hit Doom with an EMP to prevent him from moving away via a time travel chip, etc. in his armor. Finally, hit him with Autofire Fully Indirect Penetrating RKAs, so you can get around his mystic shields and don't have to worry about him switching consciousnesses with you via eye contact.

Thanos/Satannish/Mephisto: Summon a Slavishly Controlled Death look-alike with very high PRE and COM (COM only versus Death-lovers, of course.) Would probably also work on Hela.

Ultron: EMP.

The Phantom Zone Kryptonians: Hit them with Green Kryptonite in the form of a sticky dust powder. Villains are covered in Kryptonite, find it hard to get off them. Clobber de-powered Kryptonians with regular attacks.

Anyone else?

Re: The Villain Protocols

Metaphysician, could you clear up why? I mean, these things are not any crazier than the Batman Protocols.

Frex:

The Thing has had an anti-grac disk stuck on his back by the Wizard (FF villain.)

Darkseid regulary blasts people who annoy him with his Omega Beams, so it wouldn't be hard to trick him into doing it.

Likewise with the Phantom Zone villians. They tend to be overconfident. Remember how in "The Dark Knight Returns" how Green Arrow hits Superman with an exploding Green K arrow?

Doom has previously had his gauntlets destroyed by the Thing.

Galactus has previously gotten a cosmic belly-ache from eating the planet of the Poppopians (Impossible Man's race.)

The Black Fash has no mental defenses that I know of; he's just riduculously fast. If you think that triggering it is a problem, just give the power a Trigger: when Black Flash arrives.

The ones that most stuck out were:

-Darkseid vs Missile Reflection: "Are you a Skyfather? No? Then the Omega Beams ignore what you were doing, hit you anyway, and bang, you never existed." This is assuming non-Jobberseid, natch. He, all you need to beat him is a Class 100 brick and initiative.

-Dr Doom and Gauntlet Removal: "You see, this is what we can confusing plans and goals. 'Getting rid of his gauntlets' is a goal, not a plan."

Well, how would you model Darkseid's Omega Beams, then? I've always assumed that they would be some sort of ERKA with NND, Fully Indirect, Transdimensional (All Dimensions, All Times), with Explosive (Only to hit people who try to dodge.)

Plus, I would like to point out that Darksied's Omega Beams have been reflected, in the Teen Titans/X-men crossover. Starfire's starbolts blasted into Darkseids eyes (right in front of his eyes), reflecting the Omega Beams back, and causing Darkseid severe pain. If you could just figure out how to amplify the effect -- similar to how Cyclop's beams were amplified so that could hurt him when he was normally immune (in the attack on Morlocks' tunnels) we could plausibly disintegrate Darkseid.

As for Doom:

Have Reed Richards ask Doom for help. Reed says he is dying of a fatal disease he himself cannot cure. Doom, of course, sees this as an opportunity to one-up Reed. When Doom approaches Reed, have the Thing pop out (possibly hidden by the Invisible Woman's powers -- although I think Doom is too smart to fool this way, so the Thing would have to be hidden in some much more undectable way, like in the Microverse) and brawl with Doom. Doom takes this as a way to teach the "brute" a lesson, and the Thing manages to crush Doom's gauntlets (this has happened before.) Next, Reed pops out a small EMP grenade he has hidden in his flexible body, to short out the rest of Doom's electronics. Finally, the Human Torch, who was similarly hidden as the Thing, fries Doom in his armor from behind.

As for other problems I've recognized:

Ultron's Adamantium probably shields him from EMPs. Solution: put the EMP in his "mouth," either by a tough Brick (Wonder Man and Thor have both gotten close enough to do this) or by a throw by a high-dex Martial Artist. This latter option has happened to the grey "Mr. Fixit" Hulk, when a soldier lobbed a grenade into the Hulk's mouth.

Phantom Zone villains: They're still tough to beat down, even if they have no powers. Solution: send in a Martial Artist with a Green K knife, like Darkseid tried to do in the end of Ultimate JLA.

Black Flash:Probably have to make it Fully Transdimensional (all times, plus the Speed Zone dimension) to compensate that the Black Flash essentially freezes time when he appears, and can travel through time.

Juggernaut: If you complain that Juggernaut will use his force field to black the OIF, just hit him with a sonic NND. This is what Nimrod used to take him out in their conflict.

Gold K is back? What crazy writer decided to do that? I mean, it basically means instant death for Kryptonians (no powers permanently, then just kill them using normal means), and it's not like there are good reasons to do it -- how do you justify any of Superman's actions now, when some mook can hit him with Gold K -- or get in his presence with Green K, then use Gold K. I mean, if I were Lex Luthor, this is what i'd do immediately (since Superman's speed might allow him to dodge the Gold K -- still, though Supes tends to be overconfident and just let bullets bounce off of him.)

Gold K is back? What crazy writer decided to do that? I mean' date=' it basically means instant death for Kryptonians (no powers permanently, then just kill them using normal means), and it's not like there are good reasons to do it -- how do you justify any of Superman's actions now, when some mook can hit him with Gold K -- or get in his presence with Green K, then use Gold K. I mean, if I were Lex Luthor, this is what i'd do immediately (since Superman's speed might allow him to dodge the Gold K -- still, though Supes tends to be overconfident and just let bullets bounce off of him.)[/quote']

Well it's not like it's as common as green K, but yes it is back. It appeared briefly in a recent Superman annual. Now it's not like it's common enough that every mook is gonna have some but if you're really dedicated to offing those Kryptonian villains and have the right resources, it's probably doable.

Well, technically this is the thread for Champions villains. But nobody's posted protocols for them yet.

One example comes to mind:

Menton: I Hear Puppies! :) The PC Menton tries to telepathically control/read/etc. has the power to hear all the thoughts of all of the puppies in the world. Menton hears all thoughts, screams, and passes out.

(Can't find the orignal post right now, do a search for it.)

Yes, I know. I was just giving a possible example. If Menton doesn't know about this power, it works. But if you have a better Protocol, just post it. (Not meaning to be offensive or anything -- this power came from the "bad powers" thread, and it was noted that it could take down Menton, that's all.)

For Menton, your best 'protocol' is simple: "Hand out the biggest scariest Mental Defense Foci that your party gadgeteer can build to everyone, and swarm him." If he can't use his telepathy on you to any good effect, then alot of his teambusting options are down, and your 'merely' fighting a guy with Speed 9, 100-120 active point attacks, and medium-high defenses ( for a master villain ).

Dr. Doom/Dr. Strange Spoiler:

Doom fights in a magical contest to determine who is the Sorceror Supreme of Earth. The contestants objective is to destroy a large crystillian growth. Any time the growth is tried to be destroyed by a mystic bolt, it starts firing off hypnotic bolts. The more powerful the bolt that is used to try to destroy the crystal, the more hypnotic bolts it fire.

Dr. Doom and Dr. Strange are the only ones to win, with Doom using the computers in his faceplate to copy Dr. Strange's moves. Meanwhile, Dr. Strange realizes that only his astral form is quick enough to avoid the bolts. So Strange releases his astral form and enters the crystal astrally, causing it to shut down.

Then it is revealed that the "reward" of the contest is for the Sorceror Supreme to help grant the wishes of the other remaining contestant.

Naturally, Doom asks Strange to help him rescue his mother's soul.

Doom then begins preparing, giving his armor x10 its usual power.

The pair then enter Mephisto's realm, and they acquire Doom's mother's soul in a form of statue. But they cannot seem to defeat Mephisto. In a last-ditch effort, Doom blasts Mephisto with anti-matter, to destroy him.

Unfortuanely, it turns out that Mephisto can control the physical laws of his realm, and so is immune to the antimatter. Strange then surrounds himself, Doom, and Doom's mother. Finally, Strange calls upon Oshtur to blast Mephisto with a humungous (sp?) mystic bolt. The side effect is that Doom's mother is free, and he can never see her again.

At then end, Doom says, "As I planned." It seems that Doom had worked out the entire conflict beforehand, enabling him to literally beat the Devil.