smallville stats

Knightgoblin

Re: smallville stats

The only one I know of is here.

That site is very useful in general.

I guess it is a fairly nice write-up, but the author totally underestimated the running speed. In fact, I've never seen where Clark has a difference between Combat and Non-Combat speed. Of course he has the Speed of Plot most of the time, but still, he demonstrates a lot of speed when he runs on screen. More than 54 mph anyway.

In the few episodes I've seen he can outrace aircraft while still on the ground. He runs so fast that he is basically a blur to anyone standing beside the road which definitely puts him up above NASCAR speeds (200mph).

In the few episodes I've seen he can outrace aircraft while still on the ground. He runs so fast that he is basically a blur to anyone standing beside the road which definitely puts him up above NASCAR speeds (200mph).

That's true of most comic book speedsters, yet we still rarely see combat movement above 30" in Hero system write ups... :(

For the record, with a SPD of 12, he would need 45" of Running to hit the 200mph mark.

The issue with that writeup is that the character was shoehorned into 250 points. That particular writer seems to have been doing a lot of that back then.

Just stick on some Non-Combat multipliers, or even Megascale. And Navigation, in the latter case.

Incidentally, I gather the write up is based on the first series only, so it would be necessary to tweak it for later series.

Guest Goradin

No way he has a 12 SPD though. That should be reserved solely for the Flash in the DCU, IMHO. Most of the people he faces in Smallville have 2-3 SPDS with an occasional meteor freak who might be in the 4-6 range. I think an 8-10 SPD would be more than appropriate and give him a fine advantage over almost anyone he faced that wasn't from the phantom zone or krytonian themselves.

I'd think he'd need invisibility, linked to running, at the very least...

Faster than a speeding bullet, by some estimates I've seen, is in the range of 150"-270" per second (segment, for most purposes). At SPD 6, that's 300"-540" (which you'd pretty much only be able to afford as a noncombat or megascale movement).

Still buildable, on a 250 pt. character.

Um, isn't this why The Ultimate Speeder has the Speed Zone powerset? Clark's "faster than a speeding X" screams for it, especially in that episode where he is just a bit too slow to save his Dad, and the Flash ("Impulse" as his later codename) pulls him out of the way? Especially even more so when Clark and "Bart" have a race through Metropolis, with Clark just a bit behind Bart? (Although, it was revealed the "Impulse" has reserves of speed that Clark just can't touch, as in the end of the episode, Clark is reaching for Bart at full speed, and suddenly Bart disappears into the distance.)

• 4 weeks later...

Um' date=' isn't this why The Ultimate Speeder has the Speed Zone powerset? Clark's "faster than a speeding X" screams for it, especially in that episode where he is just a bit too slow to save his Dad, and the Flash ("Impulse" as his later codename) pulls him out of the way? Especially even more so when Clark and "Bart" have a race through Metropolis, with Clark just a bit behind Bart? (Although, it was revealed the "Impulse" has reserves of speed that Clark just can't touch, as in the end of the episode, Clark is reaching for Bart at full speed, and suddenly Bart disappears into the distance.)[/quote']

I agree except that Speed Zone is only necessary for combat situations. Megascale Movement can then cover all the other non-combat ones.