4th Edition books?

Dennis Shaw

Re: 4th Edition books?

The difference from a mechanical point of view is quite minor, and there is a link on the hero links section that pretty much defines them all with comentary

4th was really hit and miss on quality however. I would highly recomend posting here for opinions on any specific book before buying it (Well unless your like me a completest)

As a rule of thumb however, if Seeker (a blond Martial artist type, normaly without a shirt)is getting no respect on the cover it is probably a good book...

The difference from a mechanical point of view is quite minor' date=' and there is a link on the hero links section that pretty much defines them all with comentary[/quote']

Specifically, here. The descriptions are for how Fifth has changed from Fourth, but you can easily use it for the reverse. The compatibility between the two editions is about 90%, and with that list to clarify where they part company you should have no trouble using stuff from 4E.

4th was really hit and miss on quality however. I would highly recomend posting here for opinions on any specific book before buying it (Well unless your like me a completest)

That's sound advice. The majority of 4E books are good, a few are great, and a few are black marks on the company. :rolleyes: You'll often find Third or earlier Edition books on eBay as well, and those have even more differences from Fifth.

The difference from a mechanical point of view is quite minor, and there is a link on the hero links section that pretty much defines them all with comentary

As a rule of thumb however, if Seeker (a blond Martial artist type, normaly without a shirt)is getting no respect on the cover it is probably a good book...

Exception: "Watchers of the Dragon", where Seeker is wearing a shirt, and confronting Dr Yin Wu and all four Sons of the Dragon. Lots of respect, and one of the best 4e books, period.

5 to 1, far from honorable, thus no respect for the Ninja of Oz, I stand by my statement (but will clarify to say that I mean the people on the cover are giving him no respect, not nesesarily the writer

But it is a good book, and writen by Steven S. Long who has written a few of the 5th edition books as well

No, you see, sending only one opponent at him would be implying one opponent is a challenge for him. Now *that* is disrespect.

Dr Yin Wu: "Okay, kids, be at your best, this is going to get ugly."

"But father, he's only one man!"

"He's one man, who took on Dr Destroyer, while not even wearing a shirt. So remember: human wave."

Mind Games (PSI)

Challenges for Champions II (For COIL)

Classic Enemies (Great Characters)

Classic Organizations

Champions in 3D

Mystic Masters

Watchers of the Dragon

Also, from 3rd edition or before:

Strikeforce

Blood & Dr. McQuark

Circle and METE

Agreed with above (Champions in 3-D would get it for the lovecraft world alone),m except Challange for champions 2, I don't have nor remeber that one

Plus

Dark Champions

Kingdom of Champions

Champions of the North

And while they are higher powered than most of the other 4th ed books, and I know some people consider them badly done...

High Tech Enemies

Mutant File

Have both seen a huge amount of play.

San Angelo and it's supplements are amazing, published by Gold Rush games.

I prefer the 4th ed VIPER over 5th.

Avoid European Enemies like the plague.

I also really liked Normals Unbound. Lots of characters with real flavor there.

Mind Games (PSI)

Challenges for Champions II (For COIL)

Classic Enemies (Great Characters)

Classic Organizations

Champions in 3D

Mystic Masters

Watchers of the Dragon

Also, from 3rd edition or before:

Strikeforce

Blood & Dr. McQuark

Circle and METE

COIL is in Champions Presents #2. There was no Challenges For Chamoions 2.

And while they are higher powered than most of the other 4th ed books, and I know some people consider them badly done...

High Tech Enemies

Mutant File

Have both seen a huge amount of play.

San Angelo and it's supplements are amazing, published by Gold Rush games.

I prefer the 4th ed VIPER over 5th.

Avoid European Enemies like the plague.

I also really liked Normals Unbound. Lots of characters with real flavor there.

Oh come oh, EE can be used for the same thing some household chemicals can. Lock yourself in a room with it, read it, you get a feeling of being disconected while you slowly kill brainsells

I forgot Normals Unbound, great book

Oh come oh, EE can be used for the same thing some household chemicals can. Lock yourself in a room with it, read it, you get a feeling of being disconected while you slowly kill brainsells

:D

It is actually being used in a game I play in. My teenage speedster Terminal Velocity is Shrike's son.

So one good thing came out of the book - my character. :)

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Looks like I'll probably pick up a couple. Any suggestions on specific titles to look out for?

Classic Enemies

Alien Enemies

Allies

High Tech Enemies

The "Golden Age" supplement/worldbook, whose title escapes me

since I'm currently at work....:rolleyes:

Also, tho' they might be 3rd edition, I like Super Agents and Gadgets.

Just call me "old school" I guess. :D

As always, standard disclaimers apply....

-Carl-