[What If] Dr Destroyer really did die. What now?

Boll Weevil

Re: [What If] Dr Destroyer really did die. What now?

Precisely!! The campaign would be a global "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". The heroes, along with UNTIL's Project Shiva division would need to track down the hidden bases and prevent others from doing the same. Sennacherib could coordinate the security (traps, robots etc) and make entry to the bases very difficult.

In the case of Dr Destroyer's demise' date=' is it possible Sennacherib would take over operations?[/quote']

That would be a true Dr. Doom parallel, as when one of his "Doombots" assumes his role when Doom himself is indisposed. Sometimes the Doombot actually believes itself to be Dr. Doom. For that matter, Destroyer himself uses sophisticated robotic dopplegangers.

At least we now know where Destruga II was when it sunk. You know, that island between Australia and New Caledonia that isn't there any more...

Of course, if you use the Shadow Destroyer gibberish, that's now the base for the shark dudes he brought with him from his other dimension.

Which, incidentally, means that Australia's superheroes are right in the middle of the worldwide super scene. Which is why I should get back to my "Champions Down Under" project. I don't have the attention span to do it justice. Then again, Taipan has made it into the main 6e supervillain books.

Hmm... Australian superheroes do need to have a bit of "oomf" in them, don't they? Otherwise, they are likely to die a lot.

At least we now know where Destruga II was when it sunk. You know' date=' that island between Australia and New Caledonia that isn't there any more...

Book Of The Destroyer had Destruga II west of the Cook Islands and heading for Australia when it sank, although in BOTD it was under the original Destroyer's control. Assuming that detail didn't change for the new continuity, that's a reasonable location for it. Of course with DD's cloaking technology, the fact that that island is no longer detectable doesn't necessarily mean it isn't still there... :eg:

Then again, Taipan has made it into the main 6e supervillain books.

Hmm... Australian superheroes do need to have a bit of "oomf" in them, don't they? Otherwise, they are likely to die a lot.

By Champions Villains Vol. 3, Taipan is still in hot sleep in prison. Which really surprised me when I read the book; it would have been much more interesting to have him loose and terrorizing PCs again by now.

By Champions Villains Vol. 3' date=' Taipan is still in hot sleep in prison. Which really surprised me when I read the book; it would have been much more interesting to have him loose and terrorizing PCs again by now.[/quote']

Leaving him in hot sleep just means he is in reserve for when a GM wants to use him. It's not really any different from Menton or Eurostar being "somewhere else at the moment".

Of course the Taipan Saga just begs to be written, doesn't it? Who busts him out, and why? Or was it really an accident. (Yeah right...) And how are the PCs going to fare against the world's deadliest assassin?

I've never been much of a one for formal scenario writing - I tend to use the "couple of notes on a scrap of paper" style - but this is definitely something that deserves a decent writeup.

Personally, I'd link Taipan getting loose to the last Stronghold mass breakout in 2009. That really began when an unexplained temporary malfunction allowed Menton to awaken from hot sleep. There was also the brief loss of power at UNTIL's Guardhouse in 2004 which allowed Eclipsar to escape. Could someone be selectively freeing megavillains? If so, for what purpose?

(Hm, that probably belongs on another thread. Nothing to see here, carry one.) :o

Heirs of Doctor Destroyer

01. Menton - The Ultimate Mentalist

02. Dr. Gigaton - The Ultimate General

03. Rakshasa - Disguised as Dr. Destoyer

04. Mentala - Eurostar backed!

05. Mini D (Twisted Clone) - The True Child of Dr. Destroyer

06. Double D (Dr. Destoyer's Daughter) - The Adoptive Daughter or True Daughter stepping forth as Shiva.

07. El Profesor Muerte - One time Protege returned from the Dead. Clone. Etc...

08. Sennacherib - Dr. Destoryer's Computer/A.I. with his Memory Engrams

09. Mechanon - Converts or Corrupts Sennacherib

10. Telios/Malachite - Clones Dr. Destoyer, loyal only to him. Or so he believes.

Cheers

QM

07. El Profesor Muerte - One time Protege returned from the Dead. Clone. Etc...

Officially Muerte was killed after the Battle of Detroit. Assuming he still had a connection to Destroyer in the history of the current CU, that could work. Who would know better how to turn Destroyer's toys against him, so as to inherit his organization?

I like the idea of Sennacherib, perhaps Destroyer was dead long ago, and the Destroyerbots heroes encountered weren't just decoys, they were the shells that Sennacherib used to interact with the world, while keeping the consciousness of Destroyer truly immortal, backed up, and replicated.

Alternatively, maybe the attack by Mechanon on Sennacherib actually worked in reverse, with the intellect of Mechanon battling with the uploaded intellect of Dr. Destroyer -- and losing. Destroyer worked his way backwards into Mechanon, taking over and spreading.