Assistance from Others...

Foxiekins

How would you rate this as a limitation... I want something to swap out with Increased END Cost in a Variable Limitation...

The idea is that someone can Stretch, but using his Stretching is really tiring unless someone can do the pulling for him...

Re: Assistance from Others...

That's just, well, odd.

Ummm I would probably go with -1/2 and then try to make it about that much worth of an issue when I ran.

Really, someone pulling you to help with stretching? I can think of some uses but most of those would be stretching usable by others (maybe with some kind of focus limit [other players stretchy body])

My wife can come up with a few inappropriate jokes, and has been since I read this out loud.

This is an interesting idea - I would probably set the limitation at higher than -1/2 though, simply because it's hard for me to see how the ability would be all that useful in many circumstances....

Lucius Alexander

Puzzled palindromedary

Not if he's modeling, literally, from a rubber band. Rubber bands only act to an outside source.

He'd be able to stretch if he grabbed the bumper of a moving car, if he was anchored to something else, but on his own, he'd pretty much be normal.

Simplest way is Variable Limitation, -1/4: Limitations are 2x END Cost or Must Have Someone Else Stretch Him.

Martial Arts work well with stretching characters. I'd pick any standard set you like, probably something Judo or Sumo based, then add an NND ("I stretch up your nose") and any other special maneuvers you like.

OR buy the stretching with the limitation extra end (-1/2). Then put a effective advantage on the limitation - can be neutralized with assistance (+1), to effectively have a 1/4 limitation. This would allow him to use the power himself if necessary.

OR buy the stretching with the limitation extra end (-1/2). Then put a effective advantage on the limitation - can be neutralized with assistance (+1)' date=' to effectively have a 1/4 limitation. This would allow him to use the power himself if necessary.[/quote']

How do you put an Advantage on a Limitation...?:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidume viewpost.gif

OR buy the stretching with the limitation extra end (-1/2). Then put a effective advantage on the limitation - can be neutralized with assistance (+1), to effectively have a 1/4 limitation. This would allow him to use the power himself if necessary.

Technically it's putting a Limitation on your Limitation. It's sort of like two wrongs making a right. That's why it's an effective advantage.

First, calculate the value of the limitation. If Hero has 30 pts of stretching, with a 1/2 limitation, the limitation is worth 10 points.

30 (Power cost) / 1.5 (Base of 1, limitation of 1/2) = 20. 30 - 20 = 10.

But you can neutralize this limitation. This is to the players advantage. Calling it an "Advantage" might be a be a bit of a misnomer though. It's effectively putting a limitation on the limitation, because you have a 1/2 limitation, but there are fairly common ways to get around the limitation.

Assigning it a value of +1 makes for easy math. So . . .

.5 (the limitation) / 2 (Base of 1, w/ (+1) Limitation (which is actually a limitation on your limitation, and works like an advantage)) = 1/4

With this limited limitation, 6 levels of stretching costs 24 pts.

Now if another character can effectively use the Hero's stretching power without his consent, then you could work it a bit differently and save some points. Instead of Extra End (-1/2), you could go with No Conscious Control (-2). Then you could limit the NCC limitation by making it limited control (- which costs end). That way any person strong enough could trigger Hero's stretching power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidume viewpost.gif

Technically it's putting a Limitation on your Limitation. It's sort of like two wrongs making a right. That's why it's an effective advantage.

First, calculate the value of the limitation. If Hero has 30 pts of stretching, with a 1/2 limitation, the limitation is worth 10 points.

30 (Power cost) / 1.5 (Base of 1, limitation of 1/2) = 20. 30 - 20 = 10.

But you can neutralize this limitation. This is to the players advantage. Calling it an "Advantage" might be a be a bit of a misnomer though. It's effectively putting a limitation on the limitation, because you have a 1/2 limitation, but there are fairly common ways to get around the limitation.

Assigning it a value of +1 makes for easy math. So . . .

.5 (the limitation) / 2 (Base of 1, w/ (+1) Limitation (which is actually a limitation on your limitation, and works like an advantage)) = 1/4

With this limited limitation, 6 levels of stretching costs 24 pts.

Now if another character can effectively use the Hero's stretching power without his consent, then you could work it a bit differently and save some points. Instead of Extra End (-1/2), you could go with No Conscious Control (-2). Then you could limit the NCC limitation by making it limited control (- which costs end). That way any person strong enough could trigger Hero's stretching power.

Oh... I call that Limited Buy-back...