Cinematic Doc Ock and new Batman pics

AtomicSwirl

Regarding Doc Oc: I'm a little bummed. I liked his original costume. Street clothes (even if a kewl trenchcoat is involved), just aren't very supervillianish. :(

Regarding the Batman thing: Just wanted to emphasize that that's from a short (less than ten minute) fan film, not from any kind of upcoming major motion picture. Heck, the rest of it is (no joke) Bats fighting aliens and the Predator. :eek:

I liked the look, though I have to admit that the black leather/vinyl trenchcoat look is pretty cliche. Bad guys wear black, I guess. And so do anti-heroes (thinks about other movies he's seen recently).

I like the look of the tentacles and I like the description of the scene that was shown. I could almost see the trailer in my mind's eye.

Originally posted by Deacon Blues

Could someone download the images and post them to another site - say, their own website? I'd rather not give ItAintCoolNews the extra traffic. :rolleyes:

That might cause someone to exceed their alotted bandwidth REALLY quick. :)

I made the mistake of reading the comments from all of the fanboys on ItAintCoolNews. For whatever reason, a lot of these "experts" are trashing it. Now, I'm not a big Batman fan, but IMO this thing is the bomb. The Joker was awesome, and the appearance of the other creatures was just too freaking cool. My only complaint: I wish they showed Bats put the smack down on the whole lot of them.

I agree with Sketchpad... the director needs to do the next Batman flick. And bring THIS Joker back from the dead.

Originally posted by Yamo

Regarding Doc Oc: I'm a little bummed. I liked his original costume. Street clothes (even if a kewl trenchcoat is involved), just aren't very supervillianish. :(

Regarding the Batman thing: Just wanted to emphasize that that's from a short (less than ten minute) fan film, not from any kind of upcoming major motion picture. Heck, the rest of it is (no joke) Bats fighting aliens and the Predator. :eek:

I think the tentacles themselves are quite dramatic without green tights.

That film is very well lit. Not amateurish looking at all. Batman looks pretty cool. Could have done without the aliens myself. But I've always thought the idea of Aliens vs. Predator, or Aliens vs. Predator vs. Insert Superhero Here was always kind of stupid anyway.

I'm sorry, but I thought the Joker looked like ass. Sorry Ben. For the record, I've always thought the Joker looked dumb on screen with the white makeup and green hair. Whether from the old TV show or Jack Nicholson in the first movie. Dumb.

But really, quite impressive for a fan film.

It was pretty entertaining. I'll admit I rolled my eyes when the "others" appeared, wanting this to remain very Batman specific, but once they got going I enjoyed the struggle.

And I think Joker's regular outfit should be a straight jacket. I did that once with a villain but it works better on the Joker.