Vikings?

White Lion

Re: Vikings?

The HERO System is just mechanics; as far as in published settings, Tuala Morn is the only semi-historical one, so thats pretty much it.

I have a Viking (and Celtic and Germanic) inspired culture in my San'Dora setting -- the Machtig. You can probably mine it for some material that could be adapted to a more "real" Viking spin:

You could pick up the Iron Crown "Vikings" book, too. I'm sure you can find it around. Plenty of stuff about Viking culture, and it even has some older version Hero stats. But, as Shrike said, Hero is just mechanics. You can plug in any setting with a little work.

Nobleknights has a copy...

http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetailSearch.asp_Q_ProductID_E_6090_A_InventoryID_E_2147528114_A_ProductLineID_E__A_ManufacturerID_E__A_CategoryID_E__A_GenreID_E_

User: Flames

Infraction: Egregious Python Reference

Administrative Note:

The Python References Must Stop!

Message to User:

The finger of doom doth descend upon thee for thy most egregious python linkageing.

Original Post:

How many EPR Infractions do I have' date=' then?[/quote']

Enough to bring this!

07-hand-of-god.jpg

:king:

You actually used the forum's infraction system against me for that?

Why don't you just delete my post?

I could see using the infraction system in the case of something truly offensive, like posting another user's full name and cell phone number, or making a racist or otherwise inflammatory remark, but for posting a tiny screencap from a Python movie?

I feel like I walked into a restaurant unwittingly wearing the wrong color of tie and promptly got tossed out into the back alley.

You actually used the forum's infraction system against me for that?

Why don't you just delete my post?

I could see using the infraction system in the case of something truly offensive, like posting another user's full name and cell phone number, or making a racist or otherwise inflammatory remark, but for posting a tiny screencap from a Python movie?

I feel like I walked into a restaurant unwittingly wearing the wrong color of tie and promptly got tossed out into the back alley.

It just a joke infraction. Its 0 points and expires in a day.

You could pick up the Iron Crown "Vikings" book, too. I'm sure you can find it around. Plenty of stuff about Viking culture, and it even has some older version Hero stats. But, as Shrike said, Hero is just mechanics. You can plug in any setting with a little work.

Nobleknights has a copy...

http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetailSearch.asp_Q_ProductID_E_6090_A_InventoryID_E_2147528114_A_ProductLineID_E__A_ManufacturerID_E__A_CategoryID_E__A_GenreID_E_

That's the book I would recommend, if you're looking for a HERO System take on Vikings with a good degree of historical and cultural detail and accuracy. The game stats are for Fourth Edition HERO, but the system differences in relation to this subject are minor and pretty easy to figure out.