[Campaign] The new, NEW Champions of Vancouver!

Pyre-Archer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Re: [Campaign] The new, NEW Champions of Vancouver!

Nemesis's Personal Log

Date: 2008-04-14

Location(s):

Deadman's Island, Coal Harbour, Vancouver

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=49.2951,-123.123221&spn=0.006633,0.014462&t=h&z=16

HCMS Discovery - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMCS_Discovery

Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Downtown+Vancouver&jsv=107&sll=49.277833,-122.858264&sspn=0.009771,0.020084&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Downtown Vancouver - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_Vancouver

SSN: Bulletin:

The new NEW Champions of Vancouver exposed a VIPER Nest underneath the HMCS Discovery office building this afternoon. The RCMP and Local Emergency Services The building evacuated the building and cleaned up after the Heroes. The Heroes rescued a male and female teenager from the Occult VIPER Nest Leaders clutches.

Shortly afterwards The Ripper went on a rampage in Downtown Vancouver and brought down an Office Tower. The Heroes responded, and Nemesis stunned onlookers and The Ripper himself. The Headache and The Ifrit tried to contribute as well.

Then the Lady of the Lantern arrived, waved her Lantern Staff and the The Ripper frozen in place.

VIPER's Nest and The Rippers honeymoon with The new NEW Champions of Vancouver. (Part 9):

<<>>

Memorable Quotes:

Nemesis: "VIPER's troubles have just multiplied!"

Nemesis: "I guess its time to Divide and Conquer!"

The Good:

Awarded 4cp

The Bad:

The Ripper, VIPER Nest Leaders W.M.D. - "Let me go or else!"

The Ugly:

Destruction of Office tower in downtown Vancouver by The Ripper, casualties unknown.

Cheers

QM

A fun session all around, closing with the intro of FReDiverse (Championsverse?) Lady of the Lantern. Have a rough skeleton now, If I can get off my Call of Duty 4/LEGO Star Wars addicted butt, I'll put together a writeup.

BOECV Entangle. Good for what ails you. And it seemed to represent LotL's powers better than a 'One command only' Mind Control. Anyway...

VIPER (And by extension, your humble GM) is learning how to apply Co-Ordinated attacks to the heroes. Managed to Stun one of Nemesis' duplicates in one fight, and gave Headache (IIRC) a bit of a surprise. Those Redeye pistols can hurt when you do it right.

So, start the Tiger Squad storyline, and do the wrapup of the Cantrip arc (For now, anyway). Just need to build a few Chinese metas to throw at the Team.

The new NEW Tiger Squad

Hobbs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobbes_%28Calvin_and_Hobbes%29

Tigger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigger

Koj

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tellos

Lions and Tigers and Bears

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/ltb.php

Cheers

QM

Nemesis's Personal Log

Date: 2008-04-28

SSN: Bulletin:

(Part 10):

The Lady of the Lantern stops the Ripper and then asks for our help. She is helping the Lucky Bandit and Summer Cloud find sanctuary from the People's Republic of China and the unsanctioned members of the Tiger Squad hunting them. She also explains that Summer Cloud was one of seven former Tiger Squad members hiding in Vancouver.

Winter Dragon, Granite Man, and the Venomous Shadow have been seen. She asks them to meet her in two days at a secure location.

Meanwhile, Headache, the Ifrit and five Nemesis's aid rescue workers searching through the rubble of the demolited office tower to in search of survivors.

Nemesis contacts UNTIL and the RCMP and requests a clean up crew to secure the Ripper and confirmation of UNTIL's Agents when they arrive on site. The Lady of the Lantern departs and the tired superheroes return to their mundane lives.

The next day Nemesis divides up chores for his duplicates. He (Nemesis or N1) takes his girl friend out for a day. N2 follows up on his cases, N3 files reports for the Police and UNTIL, N4 reponded to a request for information from UNTIL's UNITY members Dr. Black and Dr. White reguarding Cantrip's unusual problems, N5 looks for likely locations for a Base/Team Vehicle, and N6 works with the RCMP and UNTIL seeking Superhero Liason Program Membership and Santioning.

The Ifrit is called to work, a paramedic and forensic assistant, to a crime scene in East Vancouver. When he arrives he finds a male chinese murder victum. He called me and I got him to send me a picture of the crowd.

Meanwhile Headache was recovering from a hangover when a M.I.B. marched into his office and identified himslef as a PRIMUS Agent. He gave him a card and started asking embaressing questions. Headache dealt with him and admonished his assistant for letting him in at all.

The next day the heroes met The Lady of the Lantern at a safe house to meet with Lucky Bandit. She also Identified the deceased male chinese murder victum as ???, a former Tiger Squad member. He was a Precog and was likely killed by the Venomous Shadow. This leaves 7 former Tiger Squad members seeking santuary in Canada. It turns out that the Lucky Bandit is not asian at all, but a former Silver Avenger and pariah Robert Kaufman (aka: The Copper Avenger or the Red Shield). Headache hands Nemesis the PRIMUS Agents card and he offers it to the former Silver Avenger to identify. Unfortunatly they have no connection.

The US and Chinese governments have known who he was for years. He is part of a Democratic movement in the People's Republic of China. He is here to help the former Tiger Squad members find sanctuary. He plans on returning to China and continuing the good fight.

The Ifrit reports three GMC black suburban SUVs headed our way. Nemesis multiplies and crashes through the outside walls and doors. Surprising the armoured PRIMUS Agents and using the SUVs to Sweep them off their feet an take them down before they realize they are in a fight.

While N1 interrogates the PRIMUS Agents, N2 through N5 destroy all their equipment and vehicles. N6 calls the RCMP SLP and UNTIL to inform them of the incident and calls a Towing for 3 flatbed trucks to pick up the pieces.

The interrogation reveals that PRIMUS Agents have been ordered to capture or kill Robert Kaufman. They use derogatory comments that makes us concider they might actually be Project Genocide in disguise.

We agree to meet later at Starbucks on sub level four, Pacific Center. We meet their a discuss what to do next. The Lady of the Lantern goes with Headache. He arranges for fashionable cloths and together they head to the meet. The Ifrit looks after the Lucky Bandit, and Nemesis preforms counter surveillence.

At the meeting they discuss their options. Nemesis pushes for a propaganda blitz using television, the internet, and radio. Spreading the truth about illegal covert operations by PRIMUS and the Tiger Squad in Canada and the murder of ???, one of the eight rebellious former Tiger Squad members.

Headache offers the use of his property in Whistler, BC for a safe house. Nemesis leads everyone through the maze of maintenance and service tunnels from Pacific Center to Water Street and they split up.

Nemesis split up and hit every internet cafe in the city posting his interview and the truth on every video website around. Then he sent copies to the RCMP, UNTIL, CTV, BBC, Al Jazeria, and the media world. Despite PRIMUS declaring a Terrorist action in Vancouver and shutting down various Websites, the local Media, and using Jammers to prevent the video from getting out. It got out.

Nemesis, later discovers he is being followed and leads the black suburban SUVs on a merry chase through the streets of Vancovuer before setting up an ambush of his own. They use an alley and several dumpsters to disable the PRIMUS Agents vehicles and beat the heck out of the Agents. When a voice from one of the SUVs radios demanded an update he tramsmited a replay.

"Welcome to Canada where violations of sovreignty have dangerous consequences". Then he ripped the batteries out and started interrogating the prisoners. It turns out they bugged his bike. He again destroys the PRIMUS Agents Armour, Weapons, and Gear. Leaving them secured to lamp posts with their own handcuffs in their skivies.

PRIMUS was having a very bad and very expensive day. ;)

The Ifrit and Lucky Bandit pick up Summer Cloud two blocks from the Chinese consulate. The Ifrit comment how she's got big brass ones.

The Good:

Awarded 3cp

The Bad:

The villains are racking up a body count and the heroes are feeling the stress.

The Ugly:

The Ripper

Headache contemplating out how to seduce the Ifrits mother. (You had to be there) ;)

Cheers

QM

• 2 weeks later...

Nemesis's Personal Log

Date: 2008-05-12

Rogue PRIMUS Agents Ambushed by Nemesis (Alley Way behind East Hastings Street & Columbia)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=East+Hastings+Street+%26+Columbia&sll=49.281384,-123.102407&sspn=0.010176,0.020084&ie=UTF8&ll=49.28137,-123.102193&spn=0.010176,0.020084&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

CBC Studios attacked by Minute Man Mark VII Robot (Hamilton Street & West Georgia Street)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=700+Hamilton+St,+Vancouver,+Greater+Vancouver,+British+Columbia,+Canada&sll=49.21416,-122.92471&sspn=0.009784,0.020084&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,49.279949,-123.114112&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Stanley Park Causeway Airplane Crashed by Rogue PRIMUS Silver Avenger

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Stanley+Park+Causeway&sll=49.305427,-123.145752&sspn=0.020343,0.040169&ie=UTF8&ll=49.303132,-123.144979&spn=0.020344,0.040169&t=h&z=15&iwloc=addr

SSN Bulletin:

Rogue PRIMUS Operations & Covert Tiger Squad Operations (Part 11):

Where to begin, so much has happened in such a short time. I was just getting back on my Motorcycle when I heard an electronic beeping noise coming from one of the PRIMUS Agents jackets. Frowning I walked over and found a PDA, the alarm was a reminder of an appointment at the CBC Studio One right now. I can already hear the sirens echoing through the concrete valleys of the city. I crush the and look at the humiliated PRIMUS Agents I left hand cuffed to an electrical pole in their underwear. Then jump on my bike and race to the location.

My calls to Headache and Ifrit go unanswered.

I arrive at the scene to see a Minute Man Mark VII Robot that has seen better days having climbed the side of the CBC Studio One building, reaching in a digging around. I asked one of the Police Officers for the 411. Then I asked for permission to intervene, which was granted. I duplicated and coordinated three running fast ball specials at the Robot. The 3 of us grabbed it and then broke its grip in the building and threw it down. Meanwhile down below 3 of us had grabbed heavy sign posts and Coordinated + Pushed + Moved By the falling Minute Man. It shattered into scrap metal and component parts.

Meanwhile the Golden Avenger arrived, We greeted him with respect and a little awe. He explained that the PRIMUS Agents operating here are part of a Rogue element lead by a Silver Avenger named Marcus Cole. They have strong ties to the Anti-Mutant Groups and Project Genocide.

A short time later Headache and the Ifrit arrive with Summer Cloud and Lucky Bandit. They had been attacked by Tiger Squad members Granite Man, Venomous Shadow, and Winter Dragon. One of my Duplicates takes off to collect Granite Man. I talk to Summer Cloud and explain how we can use the Media to save the lives of her and the 7 other defecting members of the Tiger Squad. After some consideration she agrees.

When my Duplicate comes back with Granite Man and the others we gather the media for an impromptu announcement.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press, I believe it is time you know the truth about what has been going on in your country the last few days." I show them the captured Tiger Squad who on the orders of the PRC Political Bureau were ordered to her to capture or kill the Summer Cloud and the 7 other defecting members of the Tiger Squad. I give them evidence we have gathered and what we suspect. Finally I address the Federal Government and the International Community to offer them protection and sanctuary in Canada. (Media Manipulation Roll of "4" and Presence Attack of "33".)

After words I turn over the spot light to the very photogenic Summer Cloud.

The Golden Avenger approaches me and thanks me for not including Rogue PRIMUS Agents during the press conference.

"I appreciate that Sir, but I think it would be best if you told them yourself before your Public Relations, Bureaucrats and Politicians start their own spin doctoring."

Then my phone rings, Marcus Cole, the Rogue Silver Avenger starts to threaten and monologue at me. I hang up, he calls back and I do it again. The Golden Avenger looks at me non pulsed.

I smile and say "Better make him angry and making mistakes than listening to his threats and lies... besides its fun!"

The Golden Avenger's cell beeps and he answers it. It's Marcus... He smiles and hangs up. You can almost here Marcus's inarticulate cry of frustration.

A VPD Officer approaches and informs me that the YVR reports that the Rogue PRIMUS Agents have hijacked a 747 and are headed this way. I tell the VPD to clear the Stanley Parks the Causeway planning to use the site to limit any collateral damage and take off. As I race for the causeway I can hear the 747 coming, he is tracking me. Seconds before they crash land the jumbo jet I pull the battery from my cell, find cover, and Duplicate.

The crash is devastating, but the collateral damage was limited to the park. Headache, the Ifrit, Summer Cloud, the Golden Avenger, and Lucky Bandit arrive as the Rogue PRIMUS Agents lead by their Silver Avenger pour out of the airplane to attack. I look at the Golden Avenger, raise an eye brow, point at the Silver Avenger... "I take it you want that one?" He smiles I say three words. "Fast Ball Special"

Two Duplicates throw the Golden Avenger at the renegade and everybody else take on the Agents. The battle was very one sided.

After words, the Police take the bad guys into custody and we begin clean up operations.

The Golden Avenger wants to arrest Lucky Bandit, (aka the Red Shield, the Silver/Copper Avenger, Lyndon Kaufman) but I manage to convince not to. I even offer Lucky Bandit a position with the Vancouver Champions, but he declines. He is returning to the PRC to continue to support and fight for democracy.

So much has happened in the last week I am not sure I got it all down, but I will tell you one thing. I have not had this much fun in a long time. I also think its time We got serious about the Vancouver Champions. We need a Base, Vehicles, and Support. This is only the beginning.

The Good:

Awarded 4cp

The Bad:

Massive Damage to City and Park

The Ugly:

<<>>

QM

• 2 weeks later...

Not much more to add, I think you hit all the highlights. Only thing we didn't cover is how Headache/Lady of the Lantern got out of that scrape with Venomous Shadow.

But then, that's what email/blue booking is for!

Hmm, still haven't forked over those writeups for the Lucky bandit and the Lady of the Lantern. Time to unearth my non-internet computer and a flash card...

Nemesis's Personal Log

Date: 2008-05-12

Rogue PRIMUS Agents Ambushed by Nemesis (Alley Way behind East Hastings Street & Columbia)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=East+Hastings+Street+%26+Columbia&sll=49.281384,-123.102407&sspn=0.010176,0.020084&ie=UTF8&ll=49.28137,-123.102193&spn=0.010176,0.020084&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

CBC Studios attacked by Minute Man Mark VII Robot (Hamilton Street & West Georgia Street)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=700+Hamilton+St,+Vancouver,+Greater+Vancouver,+British+Columbia,+Canada&sll=49.21416,-122.92471&sspn=0.009784,0.020084&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,49.279949,-123.114112&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Stanley Park Causeway Airplane Crashed by Rogue PRIMUS Silver Avenger

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Stanley+Park+Causeway&sll=49.305427,-123.145752&sspn=0.020343,0.040169&ie=UTF8&ll=49.303132,-123.144979&spn=0.020344,0.040169&t=h&z=15&iwloc=addr

SSN Bulletin:

Rogue PRIMUS Operations & Covert Tiger Squad Operations (Part 11):

Where to begin, so much has happened in such a short time. I was just getting back on my Motorcycle when I heard an electronic beeping noise coming from one of the PRIMUS Agents jackets. Frowning I walked over and found a PDA, the alarm was a reminder of an appointment at the CBC Studio One right now. I can already hear the sirens echoing through the concrete valleys of the city. I crush the and look at the humiliated PRIMUS Agents I left hand cuffed to an electrical pole in their underwear. Then jump on my bike and race to the location.

My calls to Headache and Ifrit go unanswered.

I arrive at the scene to see a Minute Man Mark VII Robot that has seen better days having climbed the side of the CBC Studio One building, reaching in a digging around. I asked one of the Police Officers for the 411. Then I asked for permission to intervene, which was granted. I duplicated and coordinated three running fast ball specials at the Robot. The 3 of us grabbed it and then broke its grip in the building and threw it down. Meanwhile down below 3 of us had grabbed heavy sign posts and Coordinated + Pushed + Moved By the falling Minute Man. It shattered into scrap metal and component parts.

Meanwhile the Golden Avenger arrived, We greeted him with respect and a little awe. He explained that the PRIMUS Agents operating here are part of a Rogue element lead by a Silver Avenger named Marcus Cole. They have strong ties to the Anti-Mutant Groups and Project Genocide.

A short time later Headache and the Ifrit arrive with Summer Cloud and Lucky Bandit. They had been attacked by Tiger Squad members Granite Man, Venomous Shadow, and Winter Dragon. One of my Duplicates takes off to collect Granite Man. I talk to Summer Cloud and explain how we can use the Media to save the lives of her and the 7 other defecting members of the Tiger Squad. After some consideration she agrees.

When my Duplicate comes back with Granite Man and the others we gather the media for an impromptu announcement.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press, I believe it is time you know the truth about what has been going on in your country the last few days." I show them the captured Tiger Squad who on the orders of the PRC Political Bureau were ordered to her to capture or kill the Summer Cloud and the 7 other defecting members of the Tiger Squad. I give them evidence we have gathered and what we suspect. Finally I address the Federal Government and the International Community to offer them protection and sanctuary in Canada. (Media Manipulation Roll of "4" and Presence Attack of "33".)

After words I turn over the spot light to the very photogenic Summer Cloud.

The Golden Avenger approaches me and thanks me for not including Rogue PRIMUS Agents during the press conference.

"I appreciate that Sir, but I think it would be best if you told them yourself before your Public Relations, Bureaucrats and Politicians start their own spin doctoring."

Then my phone rings, Marcus Cole, the Rogue Silver Avenger starts to threaten and monologue at me. I hang up, he calls back and I do it again. The Golden Avenger looks at me non pulsed.

I smile and say "Better make him angry and making mistakes than listening to his threats and lies... besides its fun!"

The Golden Avenger's cell beeps and he answers it. It's Marcus... He smiles and hangs up. You can almost here Marcus's inarticulate cry of frustration.

A VPD Officer approaches and informs me that the YVR reports that the Rogue PRIMUS Agents have hijacked a 747 and are headed this way. I tell the VPD to clear the Stanley Parks the Causeway planning to use the site to limit any collateral damage and take off. As I race for the causeway I can hear the 747 coming, he is tracking me. Seconds before they crash land the jumbo jet I pull the battery from my cell, find cover, and Duplicate.

The crash is devastating, but the collateral damage was limited to the park. Headache, the Ifrit, Summer Cloud, the Golden Avenger, and Lucky Bandit arrive as the Rogue PRIMUS Agents lead by their Silver Avenger pour out of the airplane to attack. I look at the Golden Avenger, raise an eye brow, point at the Silver Avenger... "I take it you want that one?" He smiles I say three words. "Fast Ball Special"

Two Duplicates throw the Golden Avenger at the renegade and everybody else take on the Agents. The battle was very one sided.

After words, the Police take the bad guys into custody and we begin clean up operations.

The Golden Avenger wants to arrest Lucky Bandit, (aka the Red Shield, the Silver/Copper Avenger, Lyndon Kaufman) but I manage to convince not to. I even offer Lucky Bandit a position with the Vancouver Champions, but he declines. He is returning to the PRC to continue to support and fight for democracy.

So much has happened in the last week I am not sure I got it all down, but I will tell you one thing. I have not had this much fun in a long time. I also think its time We got serious about the Vancouver Champions. We need a Base, Vehicles, and Support. This is only the beginning.

The Good:

Awarded 4cp

The Bad:

Massive Damage to City and Park

The Ugly:

<<>>

QM

may i ask why only mr kaufman was offered membership in the defenders? wouldnt the other tigers be good additions to nemesis' team as well?

may i ask why only Mr. Kaufman was offered membership in the Champions of Vancouver? Wouldn't the other tigers be good additions to Nemesis' team as well?

Mr. Lyndon Kaufman fights for what is right, rather than what is expedient. Nemesis admires that. The former Tiger Squad members would be a cool addition.

Nice suggestion.

QM

may i ask why only mr kaufman was offered membership in the defenders?

[slaps forehead] Damnit, why didn't I think of that-rep for you sir.

wouldnt the other tigers be good additions to nemesis' team as well?

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with us being his team.

[slaps forehead] Damnit, why didn't I think of that-rep for you sir.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with us being his team.

i meant no disrespect to the other defenders sorry

think of it this way a hero belong ing to a team might think of it as "his team wheathe leader or rank and file member

BLUE BOOKING: Nemesis's Personal Log

Nemesis's Personal Log

Things are looking up. The Ifrit thinks he might have a Base for us and if we pool our resources we might be able to acquire some transportation. I still need to look over the state of the art Laptop given to us by Devon McCade the CEO of Blackgate Ind. He might be willing to provide some resources to.

With all our successes recently I think now would be a great time to approach UNTIL's and the RCMP's Superhero Liaison Programs.

We might even consider recruiting from the defecting Tiger Squad members.

Even PRIMUS (http://www.mactyre.net/scm/primus/) might owe us a Favour. The Golden Avenger DJ (Daniel James) Johnson turned out to be a decent guy. I liked him a lot. I hope he follows my advice about dealing with the media before the bureaucrats do.

Meanwhile the Private Investigation business is getting busy and I gotta catch up on a few of my cases.

My girl friend, Betina Wood is unhappy and I better spend some quality time with her.

If things do not work out it might be time to go public as a superhero.

Notes to GM:

Switching DNPC from specific individual to current girl friend

Changing HUNTED to someone else. (AsPow, 11-, Capture or Harshly Punish)

Finally changing my Secret ID to a Public ID.

Purchasing the UNTIL and RCMP SLP Package Deals?

Purchasing Team Vehicle & Base.

Purchasing Team Laptop?

Cheers

QM

Characters:

Uploaded in hdc format for the tech-savvy among you. The writeups are kind of sketchy, but it should giove everyone an idea of WTH I was thinking

Lucky Bandit: Lyndon Kaufman, man of many identities, first appeared, IIRC, in Red Doom (I believe that was the title), and later reprinted in Classic Organizations.

The Lady of the Lantern appears in the RPG Silver Age Sentinels, by the (now sadly defunct) Guardians of Order. I know that this version might not synch up with the SAS/HERO conversion notes presented in Reality Storm. I decided to just do a full rebuild of her. Personally, I think the BOECV Entangle (Ooo...pretty lights) did a better job of representing her mesmerizing ability than Mind control (You will look at the pretty lights...).

Anyway, enjoy/criticize!

Nemesis's Personal Log - Addendum

As the old saying goes "The Job Isn't. Finished 'Til. The Paperwork is Done." Even with the help of my Duplicates I spend the next week writing reports for my Clients, the RCMP, and UNTIL.

On the seventh day We rested. I sent out my reports and then tried to make up to my girl friend. That did not go over so well. Like all my past relationships the job gets in the way. I cannot blame her, but I will miss her. All things considered I think it might be for the best.

I received a call from UNTIL's SLP Office Esteban Fitzpatrick. He let me know that UNTIL was interested in recruiting me into the Superhero Liaison Program and wanted to clear up some specifics like; Who do I work with?, Opinions and specific techniques on how you handle crime fighting/superhero work?, and would I travel outside of the Vancouver, BC area?

Part of it will be training (UNTIL/UNITY policies and procedures), some of it will be actual mission work. I actually look forward to working with the members of UNITY.

I also receive a call from my RCMP SLP Contact, Superintendent Maxine McLeod. She informs me that the RCMP is interested in recruiting me. They have some concerns about my associates and my interest in joining the UNTIL SLP and I calm their fears.

My base of operations will remain in Vancouver, BC, but I will go where needed. I assure them that The Ifrit and Headache can be trusted even though I have only knownthem a short time out experiences together have formed a strong bond between us.

I call my family and talk to them about revealing my identity to the world. They went public a long time ago and my decision should not affect them too much. I think I can use this to build trust with the public and turn it to our advantage. Only time will tell. I think I will talk to UNTIL and the RCMP about it.

"And the bad played on..."

QM

i noticed a little while ago that nemesis has a couple of advantages in having a PI secret identity

one if he's called away on a mission he has the perfect alibi he's working on retainer fee for a client

as a pi its not as though he's interferring in police work he's investigating for a client

has nemesis ever had clients that would make good super-heroes themselves?

I noticed a little while ago that Nemesis has a couple of advantages in having a PI secret identity.

One if he's called away on a mission he has the perfect alibi he's working on retainer fee for a client. As a P.I. its not as though he's interferring in police work he's investigating for a client. Has nemesis ever had clients that would make good super-heroes themselves?

Yes, during the Technomancer Investigation I was hired by Kid Samson to find his teammate/girl friend Cantrip.

Cheers

QM

The place: Vancouver, BC.

The time: 2007.

The Campaign: Champions of Vancouver-S. Filmed in stunning Champanimation!

Yours truly has been volunteered to run a game on alternating days. For simplicity's sake (and my owm personal laziness ;-) ), I'm using the same setting and character levels as QM's 'Champions of Vancouver' game, but letting people create new characters.

So, the nitty-gritty:

Dramatis Personae

Nemesis: Duplicating Luchadore/Provate investigator

Writeup: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59228

Headache: Multi-Millionaire Mentalist.

Where it all began...

*Note* My notes are kind of sketchy, and I wasn't at 100% when this all happened. Apologies if I make any recall errors

A quiet morning, with only a few newsbites; Zorran the Artificer was killed in a running battle between him, the Motor City Defenders, and a SWAT sniper who realized that he had a daughter that looked a lot like Cantrip. And, There are ongoing calls for tighter links between the RCMP and Primus.

Not, of course, that these are hints of anything to come. :)

But anyway...

Both PCs come across it in different ways; Headache gets a call from a freaked out investor. Nemesis sees it from the street. What, pray tell?

Icicle and Snowblind. Showed up planning to rob the same store wearing the same outfit. :-) The fight, which I had been looking forward to, ended rather lopsidedly, even when I sprung Snowblind's Duplication ability on them. Nemesis took down Snowblind in true Luchadore fashion, while Headache managed to mind control a fleeing Icicle.

So, a quick shut down to an otherwise messy fight. Surprise turn: Icicle's cellphone explodes, injuring her and the restraining officer.

Investigation:

-No real link, and there were several such incidents all over town; no common link between types of cellphones that went boom.

Random patrols resume; Nemesis resumes his weapons hunt, while Headache busts a kid...trying to boost an AMC Gremlin.

Honestly, I've lost track of the leads I left. Guys, any recall of the events? It all came down to a face off on the boat of someone who Nemesis was able to trick into thinking he wanted to pick up some high tech toys, with a combination of good RPing and a few rolls. Shame they used cellphones to keep in touch.

They're expected. Someone tries to snipe headache from the river, using a high powered energy rifle, and gets a bath thanks to a TK boat flip. Seeing things have gone pearshaped, he ghosted out. End session, next up...

Heck, I don't know! I'll have to move up my 'Aggressors of Dark Shaolin' storyline, I guess.

The Good:

Experience Awarded - 3

Had some good investigative work done by the PCs

The Bad:

Stumbled a bit at the outset. Need to have some maps ready the next time I run a battle. Plus have writeups on hand of major nemeses

The Ugly:

Could have had a blaster. Or a Brick. Or a martial artist. But nooo, I had to have a mentalist and a duplicator ;-)

was icecicle and snowblind fight with the champs or each other since they were in the same outfit?also wouldn't a luchadore count as a martial artist of sorts?

Started off with both of them showing up to rob the same jewelry store (IIRC) in the same outfit.

-Then- the PCs got involved.

And there's a *world* of difference. Anyone can go take a class or five and style themselves a martial artist. Only the *truly* dedicated can aspire to become a luchadore!

was icecicle and snowblind fight with the champs or each other since they were in the same outfit?also wouldn't a luchadore count as a martial artist of sorts?

Icicle and Snowblind were fighting each other before we arrived and overwhelmed them before they could join forces against us.

Nemesis wears a Luchadore style mask. Thus the reference to it. He is not a Martial Artist, but a brawler like Spiderman. Skilled, but with no formal training.

Cheers

QM