[Campaign] The new, NEW Champions of Vancouver!

Pyre-Archer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [Campaign] The new, NEW Champions of Vancouver!

The new NEW Champions of Vancouver

Nemesis's Personal Log

Date: 2008-06-23

Royal Bank - Main & Hastings

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Royal+Bank+-+Main+%26+Hastings&sll=49.26045,-123.11394&sspn=0.156394,0.300751&ie=UTF8&ll=49.280978,-123.099414&spn=0.004885,0.009398&t=h&z=17

Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=Howe+St+and+W+Cordova,+Vancouver&ie=UTF8&t=h&layer=x&sll=49.28667,-123.11375&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ll=49.289012,-123.113759&spn=0.009769,0.018797&z=16

The City of Brass - UNKNOWN!!!

http://secure1.white-wolf.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=879

SSN Bulletin:

A pair of miniature tornadoes tore through the Granville Theater and pursued a young couple down Granville Street. The Ifrit and Nemesis arrived on scene and stopped the twin tornadoes from attacking the young couple.

The suspects vanished when defeated. A young woman was taken to VGH and was held over night for observation. Three vehicles were damaged in the superbattle. Nemesis cleaned up the scene and stayed to give witness to the VPD.

Superhuman Assistance Requested VPD, Bank Robbery, two teenage losers, granted Fire Powers by Arabian Night’s Vizier/Djinn/Sorcerer. The Ifrit arrested the suspects and after being interrogated by Nemesis were turned over to the UNTIL Superhuman Containment Team.

Welcome back to Vancouver (Part 13):

I think the last six weeks has been the most grueling course load I have ever undergone. The UNTIL SLP Instructors were hard, but fair. The retied Egyptian Superhero Caracal was even tougher than I thought. There were several voice messages on the answering machine. Mostly work related, but nothing important. I take off my boots, grab the carpet with my toes and think about what Die Hard’s John McLean would do next? Curiously I open up my computer and look through my Open Case Files…

Open Case Files:

Mister Fang, Mystic & VIPER Nest Leader’s Lieutenant

Current Status – In UNTIL Custody.

This has me worried. He kidnapped Cantrip using Agents disguised as UNTIL Defenders. His intent of using Cantrip to power a ritual spell that would allow him to track down every DEMON Agent in the Vancouver area. How did he get a hold of the Ripper from VIPER’s Dragon Branch?

Redstone, Martial Artist & Master Thief, VIPER Regional Commander

Current Status: Where a bouts unknown?

What is he up to?

Gyre, Mystic Technomancer

Current Status: At Large

Technomagical terrorism, but for what purpose?

DEMON Morbanes & Cultists

Current Status: In UNTIL Custody

Champions of Vancouver (Disappeared)

Current Status: Unknown.

What happened to Vancouver’s Champions? Rumors indicate that VIPER may be involved in their disappearance.

Master Control

Current Status: Stronghold

Master Plan seemed off. Where were the rest of his Agents? Why Vancouver?

Rogue PRIMUS Avenger & Agents in Vancouver

Current Status: Stronghold

Both the Silver Avenger and the Agents seemed to be spouting anti superhuman sentiments, but I think there might be something more behind it. Shadows of Project: Genocide.

Whew, lots of work to do. The Warehouse Headquarters is up and running and the Ifrit has a Safe House as a fall back. UNTIL and the RCMP both recommended that I keep my Secret Identity secret. So for now my life remains uncomplicated.

I was surprised to learn that my UNTIL SLP Liaison had already met. The UN Office Secretary I took to lunch is actually Lieutenant Vanessa Martinique, UNTIL Superhero Liaison Program, Liaison Officer, Vancouver. Who knew? We go out for diner to meet and celebrate.

Meanwhile, the Ifrit was at the theater with his girl friend when she gets possessed by a Djinn, claiming to be Prince Kazir of the City of Brass, of the line of Minmet. He called the Ifrit Nareem and commands him to protect him.

Before the Ifrit can respond the theater screen is torn asunder by twin miniature tornadoes. He grabs his girl friend and escapes, jumps into his car, and races away with the tornadoes in pursuit and his possessed girl friend ordering him to protect him. He calls Nemesis for backup and asks his location.

The Ifrit throws his car into a boot-legger reverse, but spins out of control and crashes. Nemesis arrives on scene to see the Ifrit holding off the twin miniature tornadoes and standing between them and a woman shouting in an unknown language behind him.

Their opponents seem partially immune to mundane attacks and they switch to elemental attack, employing fire hydrants, trees, and swatting them with cars. The battle is over swiftly and Nemesis remains behind to clean up.

I contact the Lt. Martinique about the incident and request assistance from UNTIL for Mystical Assistance and Containment of a possessed innocent. She directs us to an old Christian preschool in North Vancouver. Once home to the Order, a group associated with the Catholic Church. Its grounds are warded against Magic. The Lieutenant meets us there and lets us in.

Once there we interrogate the Prince Kazir who has possessed the Ifrit’s girlfriend. The Prince recognizes that the Ifrit is not his bodyguard, but the Nareem’s brother, a Djinn Jeweler, an outcast called Jafar.

The Ifrit explains the origin of his power and fact that he is free of any obligation the Prince may be able to claim from him.

The Prince claims that his cousin Prince Nifree usurped his throne. His loyal Vizier Herak spirited him away and he arrived to find himself possessing the body of this young woman. He claims to be searching for Earth Archmage to help resolve the issue and help him reclaim his throne.

I contact UNTIL Unity members Dr. Black and Dr, White and request Mystical aid in dealing with the problem. Dr. Black tries to go all arcane and mysterious about it, but Dr. White bursts his bubble and informs us that the Archmage was killed over twenty years ago and the Council has yet to appoint a new one.

The Lieutenant return with a Ring of Solomon and the Ifrit uses it to exorcise Prince Kazir and place him in the ring. By rubbing the Ring we can summon his image and communicate with him.

My suggestion that the Ifrit wear the ring as a piercing being unfairly discounted, he decides to wear it instead. The Ifrit’s girl friend freaks out upon regaining consciousness and faints. We take her to the hospital where she recovers consciousness, but the Doctor’s keep her overnight for observation. Nemesis interviews the young woman with her boy friend and finds she has no memory of anything during her possession and upon awakening in the hospital.

The Ifrit goes to his parent’s home to demand answers, while Nemesis joins Lt. Vanessa Martinique for a nightcap.

<<>>

Our investigation is interrupted by an emergency assistance call. Superhuman Assistance Requested VPD, Bank Robbery, two teenage losers, granted Fire Powers by Arabian Night’s Vizier/Djinn/Sorcerer. The Ifrit arrested the suspects and after being interrogated by Nemesis were turned over to the UNTIL Superhuman Containment Team.

We head over to the location indicated by the young suspects. I politely inquired with the surrounding security guards about gaining access to their CCTV’s to search for the two young men and their benefactor.

Ifrit’s new ring pulled him towards something. He hears Prince Kazir’s voice. Who claims he can sense the presence of another Djinn. We follow the ring to another Djinn. This one is the Prince’s Vizier Herak. He detects the Prince’s presence and attempt to kill him, but unfortunately is unprepared for the Prince’s protectors, Nemesis and the Ifrit. The fight is short and sweet. When Vizier refuses to be bound he starts melting into sand and the ground underneath him open into a portal. Through it we can see the City of Brass.

The Prince begs our aid and we agree…

<<>>

The Good:

Experience Point Awarded – 2cp

The Bad:

The Ugly:

Turning the Ring of Solomon binding Prince Kazir as a Prince Albert. Not you have to rub the ring three times to release the Djinn from the ring. ;)

Cheers

QM

Nemesis's Personal Log

Date: 2008-06-30

Locations:

The City of Brass – Unknown

SSN Bulletin:

The City of Brass and Djinn Madness (Part 14):

Before the Heroes jump through the portal they make some quick calls. The Ifrit contacted him parents and notified them he was traveling to The City of Brass and requests extraction. Nemesis contacts UNTIL and notifies them of his actions and requests an extraction.

Suddenly WE find ourselves in a massive desert. The Ifrit, Ourselves, and the Prince Kazir who seems no longer bound to the ring. The Prince is happy to be free of the ring and begins monologuing about how he will crush the usurpers using his new servants. Both the Ifrit and Nemesis both take umbrage with being the Prince’s Servants… We are his allies only.

Nemesis begins instructing the young Prince of fine art of diplomacy and strategy. His lesson is interrupted by the sounds of battle. Cresting the next dune we see three Djinn fighting a losing battle against three Ifrits.

The enthusiastic and vengeful Prince charges into the fray against the Ifrits. Fortunately The Ifrit and Nemesis over take him and engage the Ifrits. (I am so confused.) Suddenly out numbered and out classed The Ifrit and Nemesis make short work the Ifrits and stop the Prince from killing them.

And so begins the young Prince’s second lesson for the day. Nemesis interrogates the prisoners, but gains little from these Ifrits. They are slow, unimaginative, and fanatically loyal to the new Sultan (fka; Prince/Duke Nareem). WE manage to convince the Prince to spare their lies and let them go, but not before sending them off with a little propaganda announcing the return of the City of Brass’s rightful rule, Prince Jafar.

The Djinn we rescued pledged their allegiance to the Prince and smuggled us into the city ahead of one of the usurper’s patrols.

Inside the City of Brass we find different things. For the Ifrit everything seems strangely familiar and yet new. For Nemesis it becomes a task to blend into the crowd and avoid being labeled an outsider and therefore to be killed on sight.

The Djinn take us to a safehouse where The Ifrit and Nemesis quickly find themselves dictating tactics and strategy. The faster we move the better our chances of catching Sultan Nakeem of guard.

<<>>

We interview the Prince’s allies and learn more about the Usurper, is outsider allies, strange happenings in the palace.

DEMON vs. VIPER

Walked into the trap with our eyes open. Ready to ambush the ambushers.

The Usurper, Prince/Duke Nareem appears physically bound to a human. Creating a Hybrid Djinn/Man. Curb stomped. Note Crown disappeared and Prince returned to normal.

DEMON Morbane mind controlled Nemesis Prime.

Firewing impaled on an obsidian/crystal spike. Depowered or Drained?

Nemesis pulled the spike impaling him and freed his enemy. Far from gracious, Firewing was as week as tiger kit. He deeply resented owing his freedom to another, let alone an enemy. When he recovered enough strength he pushed away Nemesis’s helping hands and opened a rent in the air and flew through it. The rent closed behind him.

Given what I know of Firewing, I have not seen the last of him… Sighs.

Dramatic restoration of Prince Kazir to the throne of the City of Brass. Followed by a coronation and one heck of a wild celebration. Again we turn down the Prince’s offers of position and wealth. Our only desire was to return home.

Nemesis offered to set up diplomatic relations between UNTIL and the new Sultan of the City of Brass. He agreed to receive the UN Ambassador warmly.

The Ifrit requested permission from the Prince to look at his/Ifrit’s old shop. The new owners had stored his possessions in the back. They had never found the hidden panel where he kept some of his works. One piece he selected for his girl friend.

Returned home with prisoners. 8 VIPER Agents, 1 DEMON Morbane, and an exiled Prince Nareem.

The DEMON Morbane was using a book as his laptop stopped working upon his arrival in the City of Brass. The book contained his mission objectives and notes on a VIPER Base in Maple Ridge across from Haney Place Mall.

The Good:

Awarded Experience = 2cp

The Superheroes saved the day and thrashed some bad guys.

The Bad:

Nemesis Prime got mind controlled and recombined with one Duplicate before the Mind Controller had his brains scrambled by four Nemesis Duplicates.

The Ugly:

Getting ambushed by the ambushers. Got pretty unpleasant. Prince Nareem’s black crystal crown burned The Ifrit and the Djinn Prince. It vanished and the Usurper returned to normal.

Cheers

QM

Quick update:

It was across from Valley Fair Mall, not Haney Place. My bad!

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Maple+Ridge&ie=UTF8&ll=49.215397,-122.594182&spn=0.007625,0.02223&t=h&z=16

Huh, cause the space you were talking about it here

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Maple+Ridge,+BC&ie=UTF8&ll=49.216889,-122.593839&spn=0.005074,0.01369&t=h&z=17

• 4 weeks later...

Nemesis's Personal Log

Date: 2008-07-28 ?????

Locations:

SSN Bulletin:

(Part 15):

The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly:

Cheers

QM

excuse me nemesis but i think you forgot to finish your journal entry

• 4 weeks later...

Just a brief overview:

Introduced a new player, a parapsychologist speedster calling himself Mercury, so the gaming part of the session was a bit shorter, owing to the need to make him a character.

Started out with a recap of the last session, followed by a hasty meeting with Nemesis' UNTIL liason. She informed the Nemesis and Ifrit that there were reports of a VIEPR nest in downtown Maple Ridge, but they didn't have the manpower for a full-on assault. Did agree to help keep any stragglers from getting out of the area, plus put them in touch with a possible new recruit.

Cut to Mercury investigating a cleared out DEMON-hame. Turned out that a vagrant had come across an enchanted DEMON-mace and was making a bit of a nuisance of himself. PLus he was talking to said mace, thinking it a gift from the (insert appropriate deific power here). The melee part fo the encounter consisted of Mercury telling him that he was an agent of the power that made the mace, he was here to test him (nice bit of RPing there), followed by a Grab/Disarm, then a PRE attack, tellign said vagrant that he wasn't worthy of the weapon.

UNTIL agents show up, take Mercury to meet Nemesis & Ifrit, anf the trio go off to trash a VIPER nest!

It went well until three agents scored a co-ordinated attack on Ifrit with some blaster rifles...

More later!

Nemesis's Personal Log

Date: 2008-09-01

Locations:

Maple Ridge, VIPER Nest

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Maple+Ridge&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=49.215397,-122.594182&spn=0.003252,0.027723&z=16&iwloc=addr

Ridge Meadows Hospital & Health Care Center‎

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Ridge+Meadows+Hospital+%26+Health+Care+Centre%E2%80%8E&sll=49.215859,-122.660379&sspn=0.013007,0.110893&ie=UTF8&ll=49.214345,-122.630339&spn=0.013008,0.110893&t=h&z=14

SSN Bulletin:

A large VIPER Nest in Maple Ridge was captured today by a joint RCMP, UNTIL, and Superhero task force.

In custody are the alleged Nest Leader Redstone, a pair of Teen Supervillains of the Dragon Branch, and several dozen VIPER Agents.

The Ifrit was injured in the assault and taken to local hospital by Mercury, but both vanished en route. The bodies of 3 DEMON Cultists were found at the site of their disappearance.

Evidence of an Air Ambulance Helicopter was discovered by investigators and pilot was arrested, but committed suicide.

Unfortunately they have no clues as to the where a bouts of The Ifrit and Mercury, but evidence indicates the DEMON maybe involved.

(Part 16):

The Good:

Awarded ?? Character Points

Met new superhero Frostbite (Powers).

Pyre-Archer's loaned copy of PS 238 RPG was a great read.

The Bad:

M.I.A. the Ifrit & Mercury

The Ugly:

Cheers

QM

Greetings Folks, our group is still accepting new HEROES.

Moved to Thursday Nights due to conflicting schedules from 6pm to 10pm.

Currently Running:

[Campaign] The new, NEW Champions of Vancouver! - Patrick's Campaign

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59399

Retired Campaigns:

The Champions of Vancouver - Eddie's Campaign

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32740

The NEW Champions of Vancouver - Eddie's Campaign

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57725

Apocalypse Champions - Craig's Campaign

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43014

The Champions of Vancouver - Evan's Campaign

???