Help with a build: Binding a spirit

mallet

Hi all I am looking for some help with an item build.

I am trying to build an item, most likly a sword or dagger, that when it is used to stab a summoned demon or spirit it would suck them into the weapon itself where it would be trapped.

Can any one give a hand, or kick me in the right direction?

Thanks

Re: Help with a build: Binding a spirit

Do you want to do anything with this bound spirit? I mean one option is you just build a killing attack, useable against desolid, and the sfx of actually killing a spirit is that the spirit gets sucked into the knife.

Sorry, just felt it was necessary to have a bum note in the chorus :D

This is another case where the ground rules of the campaign come into play.

As GM you have to decide the rules by which demons/spirits etc play by in your reality.

If you decide that spirits and demons have extra-dimensional movement then EDM UAA, as pointed out, would be pretty ineffective. At that point you may be looking at a transform option, or entangle or something.

If you decide that they can only cross dimensions when summoned etc, then you can use EDM UAA with impunity. You might want to think about how they can circumvent that, whether the weapon has a limit on the number of souls it can contain etc and by definition what reasonably common defence or circumstance would defend against the attack.

Doc

Another option depending on what you want is a suppress summon. Probably bought with 0-end: you stab the spirit, it gets sucked into the dagger untill it is released. Then if you are able to use the dagger to do other things while the spirit is bound in it you can just link those powers to the suppress.