[Character] Vilocita

Corven_Ren

This is my first ever attempt at making a speedster. Still working on a more detailed origin but basically she's the daughter of an Olive Farmer who is currently residing in the states to go to college. Let me know what you think.

Vilocita

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

29 DEX 57 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

15 CON 10 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

16 COM 3 12-

3/11 PD 0 Total: 3/11 PD (0/8 rPD)

3/11 ED 0 Total: 3/11 ED (0/8 rED)

7 SPD 31 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

14 REC 16

40 END 5

40 STUN 14 Total Characteristic Cost: 146

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 25"/200"

Leaping: 3"/6"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

60 Super Speed: Multipower, 60-point reserve

3u 1) Punching Everyone In Sight: HA +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (50 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

1u 2) Missed Me: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active Points)

4u 3) Catch This: EB 8d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIF (Blunt Objects of Opportunity; -1/2)

6u 4) Telekinesis (20 STR), Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points) 6

6u 5) Some Disassembly Required: Dispel Technological Objects 13d6, One At A Time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (58 Active Points) 2

4u 6) Rapid Punching: HA +8d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

Armored Costume, all slots OIF (-1/2)

16 1) Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

8 2) Built in Radio: HRRP (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3 3) Polarized Lenses: Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

48 Damn She's Fast: Flight 25", x8 Noncombat (60 Active Points); Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4) 6

Perks

7 Contact: U.N.T.I.L. (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Good relationship with Contact) 8-

1 Fringe Benefit: Passport

Talents

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

3 Computer Programming 12-

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 2) Area Knowledge: Parma, Italy 11-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Concealment 8-

0 5) Conversation 8-

0 6) Deduction 8-

0 7) Language: Italian (idiomatic)

0 8) Paramedics 8-

0 9) Professional Skill: Farmer 11-

0 10) Shadowing 8-

0 11) Stealth 8-

0 12) TF: Everyman, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

4 Language: English (completely fluent; literate)

5 Persuasion 12-

3 SS: Agriculture 12-

3 SS: Botany 12-

3 SS: Geology 12-

3 Trading 11-

10 +2 with DCV

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 204

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

20 DNPC: Franchesco (Father), Isabella (Mother), Gabriel (Brother) & Diana (Sister) 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)

15 Distinctive Features: Italian Accent (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology)

20 Hunted: Genocide 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: U.N.T.I.L. 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Identity Is Known To The Hunted, Watching)

15 Physical Limitation: Wierd Bio Chemistry Requires Special Medical Attention (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Kill (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Wont Allow Bystanders Come To Harm (Common, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Franchesca Inzaghi (Frequently, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Appearance: Franchesca is a very attractive but slightly built young woman. She has jet black hair and her skin has a beautiful olive tone common to many Italians. Her eyes are a very bright piercing green.

Re: [CHAR] Vilocita

Very nice.

Does need much more Recovery and Endurace, or a lot of reduced END on her powers, because at 11 END per Phase, she'll be out of END before she's halfway through her first Turn.. and if she burns Stun for Endurance, she'll knock herself out by the tenth second of combat.

You forgot the grave accent of the "a" for Velocità. It is nice that the Italian word for speed has a feminine sound to it.

Other than that, I have to agree with Comic. If her average action in a combat is run and Rapid Punch someone, then then she's down to spending STUN as END or taking a Recovery by segment 6.

I'll say this much: at some point, extra DCV will be your best friend - as her defenses are very low. Her DEX is pretty good, but just about any character who's a relatively good shot with an energy blast should be able to hit her without too much trouble - and any villain with any sense will be waiting until she's made her action in a phase so she's helpless to defend!

Save up some character points for some speedster martial arts, starting with Flying Dodge!

You've got a nice breadth of abilities for the points you've used, by the way - lots of different things you can do.

If it was me, I'd probably drop a couple NCM multipliers on the flight and add "no turn mode", or purchase extra inches of running instead (to dovetail with the base inches of running) linked with Clinging (to simulate some of the abilities limited Flight would give you), but that's just me - I can't say I think you made your character "wrong", just that that'd be my way of doing it.

You forgot the grave accent of the "a" for Velocità. It is nice that the Italian word for speed has a feminine sound to it.

Not sure how to do that. Especially in Hero Deisgner which is where I preview as a text document then cut and paste it here.

Also made some of the suggested changes.

Re: [CHAR] Vilocità

Not sure how to do that. Especially in Hero Deisgner which is where I preview as a text document then cut and paste it here.
There are two ways. One is to hold down alt, press 0224 on your number pad, then release alt. The other is to copy and paste from my post.:D

Very nice.

Does need much more Recovery and Endurace, or a lot of reduced END on her powers, because at 11 END per Phase, she'll be out of END before she's halfway through her first Turn.. and if she burns Stun for Endurance, she'll knock herself out by the tenth second of combat.

Yeah...I'd personally have helped solve this with a higher Con say 25, harder to stun with the low Def and more End....annother is a "Stop time and rest" Power for the Multi....Heal:End would do nicely I'd think..."I take 3 picoseconds and recover"

Here's a revised version of her. I decided to drop her contact, after all shes just getting started. And rasied her con, stun and end.

Vilocità

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

29 DEX 57 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

20 CON 20 13-

10 BODY 0 11-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

16 COM 3 12-

4/12 PD 1 Total: 4/12 PD (0/8 rPD)

4/12 ED 0 Total: 4/12 ED (0/8 rED)

7 SPD 31 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

10 REC 6

50 END 5

50 STUN 22 Total Characteristic Cost: 155

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 25"/200"

Leaping: 3"/6"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

60 Super Speed: Multipower, 60-point reserve

3u 1) Punching Everyone In Sight: HA +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (50 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

1u 2) Missed Me: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active Points)

4u 3) Catch This: EB 8d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIF (Blunt Objects of Opportunity; -1/2)

6u 4) Telekinesis (20 STR), Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points) 6

6u 5) Some Disassembly Required: Dispel Technological Objects 13d6, One At A Time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (58 Active Points) 2

4u 6) Rapid Punching: HA +8d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

Armored Costume, all slots OIF (-1/2)

16 1) Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

8 2) Built in Radio: HRRP (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3 3) Polarized Lenses: Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

48 Damn She's Fast: Flight 25", x8 Noncombat (60 Active Points); Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4) 6

Perks

1 Fringe Benefit: Passport

Talents

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

3 Computer Programming 12-

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 2) Area Knowledge: Parma, Italy 11-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Concealment 8-

0 5) Conversation 8-

0 6) Deduction 8-

0 7) Language: Italian (idiomatic)

0 8) Paramedics 8-

0 9) Professional Skill: Farmer 11-

0 10) Shadowing 8-

0 11) Stealth 8-

0 12) TF: Everyman, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

4 Language: English (completely fluent; literate)

3 Persuasion 11-

3 SS: Agriculture 12-

3 SS: Botany 12-

3 SS: Geology 12-

3 Trading 11-

10 +2 with DCV

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 195

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

20 DNPC: Franchesco (Father), Isabella (Mother), Gabriel (Brother) & Diana (Sister) 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)

15 Distinctive Features: Italian Accent (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology)

20 Hunted: Genocide 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: U.N.T.I.L. 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Identity Is Known To The Hunted, Watching)

15 Physical Limitation: Wierd Bio Chemistry Requires Special Medical Attention (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Kill (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Wont Allow Bystanders Come To Harm (Common, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Franchesca Inzaghi (Frequently, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Appearance: Franchesca is a very attractive but slightly built young woman. She has jet black hair and her skin has a beautiful olive tone common to many Italians. Her eyes are a very bright piercing green.

Re: [Character] Vilocita

It looks pretty good, but I'd drop the NCM extra on Flight and add an extra point of speed, and scrounge up a couple of points to up the DEX to 30. I've played speedsters, and grabbing the initiative with that extra point is gold.

Better still, up it to DEX 33 and take Breakfall and Acrobatics. Knockback is a PITA for speedsters, but you'll need to up the CON so you won't be stunned when you're knocked back. Speaking of, take the missile deflection out of the MPP and make it full deflection. I dunno where you're going to scrounge the points, but it's a pretty good power when you've got a lot of DEX and SPD.

If you're willing to minmax a little you've spent points on all of the figured stats for CON except PD. You can trade up the CON to as high as 25 and come out ahead. Especially if you're willing to trade in some or all of that armored costume.

A different tack for defense is to take Damage Reduction that requires a DEX roll. Call it roll with the punches. That'll give some protection against AOEs.

Thanks for all you comments. This was my first ever speedster build in almost 20 years (on and off) of playing champions. I built her with the prospect of eventually playing her in a pbem game. I may tweak her again and if so I will repost her for more comments.

The effectiveness of Speedsters in a game is more dependent on GM oversight than just about any other character type. If the average DEX and SPD of the game is too high they just become too expensive to build.

One of the best 350 point examples of a pure speedster that I've ever seen on this board is one created by Oddhat and now hosted on Killershrike's site. However, the following build works best if the average SPD of the game is around 4-5.

Always