Terrax the Tamer, Dead Herald of Galactus.

Enforcer84

Re: Terrax the Tamer, Dead Herald of Galactus.

One of the best uses for Damage Reduction is to allow a character to stand up to military hardware, but still be at some risk when facing enemies that only put out 12-16 DC per attack.

Of course, lots of people complain about DR as well.

Anyway, I like Enforcer's Comic Book Scale supers builds. They're usually very close to the source material in performance, which is just as it should be. They also balance well against one-another.

And it's not that hard to just tone down the mechanics in a campaign that can't handle them.

I always have problems with the way damage in HERO scales.

Not to keep blowing my own horn, but this perceived disparity between published HERO supers and published real-world military hardware, is exactly what I created optional rules (linked to in my post earlier on this thread) to deal with. I know that other HEROphiles have their own approach to it. IMO it's not so much that HERO damage doesn't scale correctly (although that issue could be debated), but that the published official supers and real-world writeups don't match each other's scale. My approach tries to square them without requiring rewrites of everything from the books to date.

Not to keep blowing my own horn' date=' but this perceived disparity between published HERO supers and published real-world military hardware, is exactly what I created optional rules (linked to in my post earlier on this thread) to deal with. I know that other HEROphiles have their own approach to it. IMO it's not so much that HERO damage doesn't scale correctly (although that issue could be debated), but that the published official supers and real-world writeups don't match each other's scale. My approach tries to square them without requiring rewrites of everything from the books to date.[/quote']

Maybe we should take this to another thread; Enforcer didn't write up Terrax so we could debate damage scaling (unless he did, in which case, whoa).

That said, Liaden's suggested rules on the subject work well; I use another approach, but I see the value in his.

Well put, OddHat. :yes:

The issue of point totals aside, I actually found Enforcer's stats, other than for Terrax's Characteristics, to be underpowered based on his past feats. Terrax was able to lift the entire island of Manhatten into orbit, and draw asteroids from space to strike planetary targets. But giving him abilities of such magnitude would make him a foe beyond most Champs PCs' ability to fight, so I prefer the course E84 took. :)

I would add that Terrax on more than one occasion was shown to draw geysers of magma from a planet's core. I'd probably make that some type of RKA.

Well put, OddHat. :yes:

The issue of point totals aside, I actually found Enforcer's stats, other than for Terrax's Characteristics, to be underpowered based on his past feats. Terrax was able to lift the entire island of Manhatten into orbit, and draw asteroids from space to strike planetary targets. But giving him abilities of such magnitude would make him a foe beyond most Champs PCs' ability to fight, so I prefer the course E84 took. :)

cough cough Spiderman cough cough Firelord

Enforcer, don't listen to anyone, you make the characters you want. If the character calls for 5,000 points, then that is the character that gets written up.

TB

Applause, applause!!!:celebrate

And be sure to post the 5000 point character ASAP.

Would Zeus from the Gods Package Deal thread be in that point range? I hope so.:thumbup:

Blow our minds! Again...and again...and again...and again...and again...:D:D