GreyHero

grymlocke

Re: GreyHero

Originally posted by grymlocke

also, does anyone have a 3rd ed. to hero conversion?

Well, there's Killer Shrikes Arcane Magic conversion later in this forum. Some of the rules there should be usable equally well for Divine Magic, if he hasn't already covered that (there is a lot of it, you know). That looks like a good start on the main thing that you'd probably want to pull over.

I'd suggest some "class and level" Packages for most of the rest. As a quick example, the Fighter Package might look something like this:

Fighter

8 Overall Combat Level

2 +1 Body

3 Special Fighter Ability (Feat)

2 Fighter Skills

Levels like this:

Level

1 Characteristic Increase

2 Special Genral Ability (Feat)

Combining these two over 20 levels, you'd have 20 Overall Combat Levels, 30 Body, 60 points of Fighter Abilities, 40 points in Fighter Skills, 20 points of Characteristic Increases, and 40 points of General Feats.

Just get the other classes to be about that many points (I suspect Clerics might be a bit hard, but who knows?). Design Feats to be purchased with those abilities. Dump most of the D&D rules other than character creation and magic: while there's nothing really wrong with them, they will be replaced by the HERO rules, it's characters you need to build, not rules like Attack of Opportunity.

Converting Living-Greyhawk to Hero? Good gosh in general not worth it. If you want to play LG go and Play LG I especially recommend Sheldomar Valley Regional Mod: Shades of Gray... but I co-wrote it... it has gotten very good reviews - and I might someday for the heck of it convert it to a "classic version fantasy hero style" but don't hold your breath.

My fantasy hero campaign that I hope to revive with the new edition is very much not DnD.

Originally posted by GreyGuardian

Converting Living-Greyhawk to Hero? Good gosh in general not worth it. If you want to play LG go and Play LG I especially recommend Sheldomar Valley Regional Mod: Shades of Gray... but I co-wrote it... it has gotten very good reviews - and I might someday for the heck of it convert it to a "classic version fantasy hero style" but don't hold your breath.

My fantasy hero campaign that I hope to revive with the new edition is very much not DnD.

I dont play the 'living' part...I have the 'living greyhawk gazeteer' and it's chock full of details (politics, geographics, etc...)

Greyhawk has been a familiar world setting since 1edition D&D when it (the setting) was little more than a pamphlet and a crappy map. So, I figure, why not?

I've actually been looking at the leveling conversion ... when converting my players' characters over to FREd, I've given them 10pts/level after first ...

For example: Someone's playing a 5th level Fighter. I would assign an appropriate Package Deal for the Character's concept and then apply 40pts XP for the additional levels, spending it on skills, combat levels, a stat increase or two and anything else that applies :)

Originally posted by Dr.Unpossible/Thuffer Mudfoot

A aquaintance of mine ( Hierax )from the GreyTalk list has done some nice work on a GreyHERO conversion.

http://www.hierax.com/hero/fantasy/grey/

And he also has a link to Killer Shrikes DnD --->HERO conversion work.

Greetings be unto you Dr. Unpossible!

Hope that you're settling into life in Edmonchuck alright. Hey, send me an e-mail (as this board won't let me e-mail you and) I don't have your new address.

I'll be adding more material to both my Grey Hero site and to Shrike's archive as my free time permits -- hopefully I can even squeeze in some time this weekend...

Anyway, talk to you more later.

Originally posted by Hierax

Greetings be unto you Dr. Unpossible!

Hope that you're settling into life in Edmonchuck alright. Hey, send me an e-mail (as this board won't let me e-mail you and) I don't have your new address.

I'll be adding more material to both my Grey Hero site and to Shrike's archive as my free time permits -- hopefully I can even squeeze in some time this weekend...

Anyway, talk to you more later.

And I promise to try and refocus my effort on finishing the clean up of the old material -- I keep meaning to do it and getting distracted by something else -- the last week or so by Enforcers Inc. I seem to be getting absentminded in my old age :)