Character Portraits as Card Stand-Ups

BigJackBrass

Just musing earlier today and it struck me that being able to represent your Champions Online character in the actual RPG might be nice, perhaps by way of a Cardboard Heroes-type stand-up. Not sure how likely this would be, but a utility letting players print the image of their character onto such a template would be rather cool.

Re: Character Portraits as Card Stand-Ups

It's the sort of relatively small yet appealing thing that may just do that. Design your character for the MMO, then have the image of him from the computer game printed on your Champions character sheet and stand-up figure for use at the table. Hardly a feature worth buying the game just to have, but it's a visual and conceptual link between the two games.

Obviously this sort of thing can be done anyway with screenshots and editing software, but if a simple feature for it existed within the game I think that a fair few people might go for it.

Well as someone who is not very good with resizing and figuring out how to do that sort of thing, I would love it if they would include it in the actual game. If not, I will have to beg for someone here to point me in the direction of an easy to use program to do this. Thanks in advance!

Yeah it would be pretty easy to do even if they didn't put it in the game. Every game has screen capture ability' date=' just get a nice dramatic shot of your hero, capture it, put it on a piece of paper or cardboard, you have your own version.[/quote']

I play CoH and would have liked to have seen 'white rooms' or at least white walls in the game you could go and stand by when you take a screen shot. Maybe in T'COMMO?

Still I think the idea of a utility that allows a buit of kit tfior the tabletop game to be generated fromt eh onlince gaemw oudl

a) be stunningly straightforward to do and

B) be a more 'active' attempt at crossover.

Nice plan, BigJackBrass!

My problem with CoH screen capture is I always considered my character was either too far, either too close when zooming out/in :)

Possibly, the best is at character creation but then you have an ugly background for your portrait and a static pose.