Music from out of this World

Lord Mhoram

I'm playing a character with the ability to travel to alternate Earths. Inspiried by a funny bit in the Exiles a while back, I am going to have him make a fortune importing music* from alternate earths.

What I am asking for help on is a list of artists & bands that would have an almost instant market. The idea is bands and artists that broke up, died or otherwise ended early and he finds a world where they didn't and brings it here (legalities such as licensing, rights and all that are already being considered and roleplayed).

What I have thought of:

Beatles

Doors

Queen

Richie Valens

Buddy Holly

Elvis

Nirvana

Tupac

Patsy Cline

and classical stuff, like Beethoven's 10-14th Symphonies and such.

Any ideas welcome.

* That he can bring stuff other than music over has already occurred to him, things like medicine (find a place that has a cure for cancer or aids). It has the ability to change the campaign world, but the GM is fine with that.

The name of the label (and company) is of course "Not of this World"

Re: Music from out of this World

Mozart died at the tender age of 35, having written a fairly large body of work that should have been much, much larger.

Imagine how much more he'd have written had he lived to be 50 or 60!

But, hey, have you ever listened to the Escape Pod short story where a film nerd finds a video store from another dimension, and is able to rent videos of movies that were never made?

It's here, free for the listenin', entertaining and thought-provoking: http://escapepod.org/2007/05/10/ep105-impossible-dreams/

Mozart died at the tender age of 35, having written a fairly large body of work that should have been much, much larger.

Imagine how much more he'd have written had he lived to be 50 or 60!

But, hey, have you ever listened to the Escape Pod short story where a film nerd finds a video store from another dimension, and is able to rent videos of movies that were never made?

It's here, free for the listenin', entertaining and thought-provoking: http://escapepod.org/2007/05/10/ep105-impossible-dreams/

Cool. I'll give it a listen. That is exactly the kind of thing I'm doing, in reverse.

Yeah there is some wish fulfillment in this subplot. :)

"Not of this World" is an album by Joe Satriani.

And if you're going to mention Notorious B.I.G. you should mention Tupac Shakur as well. Or Jam Master J from Run DMC.

Didn't Richie Valens go down in the same plane crash that killed the Big Bopper?

Not forgetting John Paul Jones from Led Zepp and of course - Freddie Mercury.

I know. That is where I stole the name from. :)

of course - Freddie Mercury.

I did mention Queen in my first post :D Given that Queen is my favorite band of all time, and I actually cried when I heard Freddie died, that was one of the things that inspired this idea. :eg:

And if you're going to mention Notorious B.I.G. you should mention Tupac Shakur as well. Or Jam Master J from Run DMC.

Didn't Richie Valens go down in the same plane crash that killed the Big Bopper?

Not forgetting John Paul Jones from Led Zepp and of course - Freddie Mercury.

Tupac and Freddie were in the original post.