Your character's pet peeve(s)

hfergus

Re: Your character's pet peeve(s)

Most of my characters Pet Peeves are usually authored by the GM. I recently asked out GM to lessen the body count among civilians by Supervillains or my Superhero may resort to "An Eye for An Eye, A Tooth for a Tooth, & A Life for a Life!"

I prefer Justice to Vengeance, but I am still human.

QM

Deuce: Where do I begin?

-LOUD rock music

-Badly prepared meals (he's had simple meals with cheap ingredients that were excellent, and so-called "cordon bleu" meals that he assumes came from the wrong end of the kitchen, the one with the rubbish bins)

-Indifferent quality in anything

-People who make assumptions about old people as incompetent, or try to judge the past by excessively high standards of the present

-Losing when he knows the other guy/gal is cheating

-Members of a gender who think they can do everything the other gender can do (yep, it's sexist, he was born in 1922, whattaya gonna do?)

-Political correctness

-People who rely on technology for everything in their lives

-Enemy agents from his past who don't seem to realize the Cold War was over almost 20 years ago

-Directly threatening the world (and especially Britain) with imminent destruction :mad:

Deuce: Where do I begin?

-LOUD rock music

-Indifferent quality in anything

-People who make assumptions about old people as incompetent, or try to judge the past by excessively high standards of the present

-Losing when he knows the other guy/gal is cheating

-Members of a gender who think they can do everything the other gender can do (yep, it's sexist, he was born in 1922, whattaya gonna do?)

-People who rely on technology for everything in their lives

Deuce would absolutely, categorically, HATE Vixen. :)

Deuce would absolutely' date=' categorically, HATE Vixen. :)[/quote']

Hate is such as strong word... Then again, there's a lot of people in the 21st Century Deuce dislikes. Such a soft era...so many people have grown lazy and dull. Sit around all day watching the TV or chatting people up on their cell phones or playing video games. Driving gigantic SUVs which isolate one's self from the world (not to mention the road.) And don't even get him started on what passes for "coffee" in this day and age...

At least there are still pretty girls, fast cars, and decent liquor. If you can handle the three. :cool:

Ah, but at least both Vixen and Deuce dislike...er..."stoners". Marijuana dulls the senses and reflexes, and being currently illegal, leads to violent criminal gang activity. (Boffins, on the other hand, are acceptable, if they're the right sort. So long as they can think on their feet every once in a while.)

Hate is such as strong word... Then again, there's a lot of people in the 21st Century Deuce dislikes. Such a soft era...so many people have grown lazy and dull. Sit around all day watching the TV or chatting people up on their cell phones or playing video games. Driving gigantic SUVs which isolate one's self from the world (not to mention the road.) And don't even get him started on what passes for "coffee" in this day and age...

At least there are still pretty girls, fast cars, and decent liquor. If you can handle the three. :cool:

Ah, but at least both Vixen and Deuce dislike...er..."stoners". Marijuana dulls the senses and reflexes, and being currently illegal, leads to violent criminal gang activity. (Boffins, on the other hand, are acceptable, if they're the right sort. So long as they can think on their feet every once in a while.)

Actually, Vixen only dislikes her stoner (and geek) teammates because it damages her cool-popular-cheerleader image. She simply can't be seen hanging around with the unpopular kids, people will talk.

Shaw's big pet peeve would be people who don't do as he says... and worse' date=' people who are like, "You're not the boss of me!" Philistines and heathens, all of them. Obviously they need someone of intelligence and breeding to keep an eye on them. :king:[/quote']

That pretty well sums up 'The Rose.' Although he is coming to accept that they can't help that they don't have the superior breeding and upbringing that would allow them to know the proper way to react and behave. Other than that it would be people who are rude, I.E. interrupting him while he speeks, trying to have him 'set them up with the model.' I mean god he is a super hero not a way for you to hook up with those obviously out of your class.

La Rose.

Actually' date=' Vixen only dislikes her stoner (and geek) teammates because it damages her cool-popular-cheerleader image. She simply can't be seen hanging around with the unpopular kids, people will [i']talk.[/i]

I'll buy you an lemonade, then! :o

(Hastily changing the subject) Do you like the car? It's a classic... you know, classic car for a fossilized man. Yes, I'm about your dad's age...

(To himself) And I'm old enough to actually be her grandfather. Teen-agers look so much more mature than they did in my day...God, I'll have to start asking for photo identifications now!

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about it more, another one for Vixen is people who make assumptions about her personality, interests, and abilities based solely off the fact that she's half Japanese aka stereotyping. Genetics are half-Japanese, culture is all American, and someday she's going to remark "You want me to act Japanese? Fine. Rick my lear end!"

• 2 weeks later...

Vitus is irritated by the way humans are everywhere. They seem to be the default setting for the bulk of realities he's visited, and he's getting very sick of it.

Zero is peeved by people that don't appreciate the artistry behind 50's Americana

Seer--Verbal communication. It annoys him people seem suprised that verbal communication is inaccurate, or deceptive. Tepelathic from birth, he doesn't feel very committed to truthfulness when speaking..if you want truth, communicate mind to mind. He also is peeved by 'loud' emotional people, who cant keep their feelings in check and unconsciously broadcast their emotions over the area.

Hornet's pet peeve are those who cling to irrationality when it brings harm to others. If one wants to cling to inaccurate ideas, thoughts or prejudices, that is their choice, but when it brings harm to others, that ticks him off.

Also, having to back up and explain in 'small' words his most recent ideas to the rest of the worlds 'leading' scientists. the curse of the 45 INT.

Blaze When the bad guy doesnt put up a good fight, that ticks him off. He also gets peeved if they don't go down quickly. He gets peeved at those who insult him. He also gets peeved at the silent treatment. He gets peeved at spineless cretins. He also gets peeved at those silly enough to defy him.

Blaze gets angry a lot.

Tao: Humans and their inefficient, foolish and short sighted emotional natures and pointless talking in general.

Ivy: People that value appearances and style over substance, particularly in when it comes to important matters, grandstanding in general annoys her. She dislikes intellectual arrogance and snobbery in general. More banally, Voice mail, automated answering devices and anything else that tends to trigger "Telephone Tag" sends her blood pressure up.

Shidoku: Strangers that use terms of endearment to address her like "Honey, Baby, etc" She doesn't mind when friends or acquaintances do it or general terms like "woman, or dude". Guys that are too pushy in bed (a little aggression is fine...) , particularly those that assume since they were allowed access to certain things in the past they can just enter there without asking.

Eve: Doesn't like bullies or people that tease others for pleasure. People that won't share and think they are better than others because of possessions get on her nerves.

Velocity: "irregardless" and "I could care less" those phrases are like nails in a chalkboard for her. People that complain and complain but never DO anything about it drive her up the wall.