Justice Squadron: TNG

Corven_Ren

Re: Justice Squadron: TNG

I was thinking of doing a daughter of the X-Men's Banshee (A sonics based character with singing based Mind Control, called Siren.) I don't recall seeing him on your timeline so does Banshee exist in your game? Roughly how old would he be (so I can figure out how old my character could be/has to be)? Do you have anything set up around Banshee that I should know about/would affect my background?

I'm not that familiar with the Marvel universe so i'm in the process of reading up on the character via Wikipedia.

Are you aware that, in the Marvel Universe, Banshee has a daughter code-named Siryn?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't when I came up with the idea, but now that I am reading his wiki entry...

I hate Marvel... :)

You could do the son of Siryn & Jamie Madrox (in current 616 continuity she's preggers with his child). A Duplicating Sonic Manipulator. Choir, or Chorus, or Echo.

And looking over the timeline again I see Banshee and Siryn make a few appearances in it...

Sigh, well maybe I could play the daughter of Siryn... Or perhaps I can come up with something else...

Victor Reed VonDoom... What's his story, is he a villain?

You could do the son of Siryn & Jamie Madrox (in current 616 continuity she's preggers with his child). A Duplicating Sonic Manipulator. Choir' date=' or Chorus, or Echo.[/quote']

Hmm. That idea did cross my mind when I was reading Siryn's wiki entry but someone else already mentioned an idea of a child of Madrox. So...

And if I was going to do a step-related to another PC I would go with my first idea which was the son of Hercules and Wonder Woman. But Valkyrie was posted first and is probably a better idea than what I had. Plus i'm playing a Brick in my live Champions game, kind of want to get away from a brick.

Plus i'm playing a Brick in my live Champions game' date=' kind of want to get away from a brick.[/quote']

Heh, this is my first ever Brick character, I always play cerebral types (gadgeteers or mages or psions) or metamorphs/shapeshifters.

I was thinking of doing a daughter of the X-Men's Banshee (A sonics based character with singing based Mind Control, called Siren.) I don't recall seeing him on your timeline so does Banshee exist in your game? Roughly how old would he be (so I can figure out how old my character could be/has to be)? Do you have anything set up around Banshee that I should know about/would affect my background?

I'm not that familiar with the Marvel universe so i'm in the process of reading up on the character via Wikipedia.

Banshee died while trying to defeat Doomsday in 1998...he was an X-Man and a founding member of the govt sponsored X-Factor. His daughter Syrin joined X-Factor after her father's death. Syrin would be around 60 at the start of the campaign.

You could do the son of Siryn & Jamie Madrox (in current 616 continuity she's preggers with his child). A Duplicating Sonic Manipulator. Choir' date=' or Chorus, or Echo.[/quote']

Actually Hermit made up a child like this for Milkmandan's X-Men: TNG Campaign (Which is not in the same universe as mine) two dupes only called him Stereo.

Banshee died while trying to defeat Doomsday in 1998...he was an X-Man and a founding member of the govt sponsored X-Factor. His daughter Syrin joined X-Factor after her father's death. Syrin would be around 60 at the start of the campaign.
You could do Syrin's son/daughter. If Teresa had them when she was 30-35 they would be 25-30 at the start.

Bump

Submissions So Far

Checkmate

Valkyrie- Daughter of Thor Odinson and Wonder Woman

Querysphinx

Plastyque- Daughter of Reed & Susan Richards

Beast

Silk Detective- Clone Created by Dr. Destroyer using Forge & Illyana Rasputin's DNA

Alamias

Moon Knight II- Son of Marc Spector the original Moon Knight & Marlene Alraune

RocketsRedGlare

Spider Lad- Son Of Spider Man & Black Cat.

Dr. Archeville

Scion- Geneticlly Engineered son of Namor & Susan Richard

Proposed Submissions (Not official yet but were discussed

Aylwin13

Wildcard- Son of Gambit & Rogue

McCoy

Tornado Fist- Daughter of Ironfist & Cyclone

Amoeba Man

Blackburn-Son of Sunspot & Fire

Allan

Sapphire- Daughter of Madrox & Green Lantern (Aeryka Scott)

Hellfire- Daughter of Box who has turned the Ghost Rider motorcycle into a robot.

Hellfire - first draft

Here is a first draft of Hellfire, daughter of Madison Jeffries (Box) and Lilian Crawley, and distant relative of John Blaze (Ghost Rider)

Let me know what you think.

(I'm at 595 pts spent, and 155/605 disads, so I have some room to adjust her.)

note - tried to attach her as HTML, and then as RTF, but it isn't working.

Joining Alpha Flight as Box, Madison eventually developed a romantic relationship with Heather, and even proposed to her. However, when former Gamma Flight member Diamond Lil joined Alpha Flight, Madison and Hudson drifted apart. Madison rekindled his romance with Diamond Lil, having known her since the early days of Department H, and soon he and Lil left active duty to pursue their relationship.

Erika Jeffries is the daughter of Madison Jeffries (Box) and Lilian Crawley (Diamond Lil) who inherited the powers of both her parents.

Just hours after she was born, Erika’s body started generating a bio-aura of nigh-impenetrable energy that permeates her molecular structure to grant her skin durability akin to that of diamond. Though able to deflect most forms of physical or energy-based impacts, Erika still feels the force of such blows. Similarly, Erika’s bio-aura also affords her protection against temperature extremes. Her nails and hair are similarly permeated, even after being removed from her body. Like her mother's, Erika’s bio-aura limits her sense of touch.

Her parents tried to make their marriage work, but couldn’t. Eventually, Lilian eventually left him, and took their three year old daughter. She applied to the Montreal police, and received a permanent associate position with the bomb squad. When she earned their trust, aided by a written character reference from Heather Hudson, she was hired fulltime despite her criminal record.

Erika was mostly raised by her mother, aided by a series of robot toys and a robot nanny created by her father. Madison was a ‘weekend’ dad, who often cancelled visits due to needing to save some city or other. Despite his failure to put Erika first, she always loved her father. And, seemingly because she loved him, she was always fascinated by machines.

As the invulnerable single parent of an invulnerable child, Lilian had an easier time in some ways. Although she was often visited by social services, due to letting little Erika play with knives or riding her bike without a helmet. To conceal her diamond skin, Erika had to be wary of anything that would hurt a normal person. Being so alert to harm, and with a note to avoid all contact sports, she became known as ‘delicate’, or less charitably as ‘a girlie powder puff’.

At fourteen, Erika developed an ability to psionically rearrange metal, plastic and glass into any form imaginable. She can manipulate items on an atomic level and can create complex and highly thought out machines, weapons, vehicles, and other items. This was just one more bound between father and daughter.

Erika lived with her father, in Los Angeles, from the age of fifteen to eighteen, but returned to Montréal when she left school and wanted to join the police force.

Erika started her superhero career in an old Box robot, which she modified into Steel Warrior. During her work protecting Montreal, she had a fight with Atrocity (a man injected with blood from Emil Blonsky/the Abomination) the green clawed fiend threw a motorbike at her. Suddenly seeing she needed a weapon, Erika reshaped the bike’s metal into an axe. After defeating Atrocity, Erika kept the axe. A few days later, she used it to rebuild Steel Warrior, adding jet boots and flame-throwers, and a multi-weapon that easily changes into any hand weapon, or long steel tentacles. The new robot design is smaller, and more human, than her father’s Box robot. It has a fierce look, and is flame red across the head and shoulders, and forearms and hands.

Erika is still unaware that the motorbike was Ghost Rider’s demonically infused vehicle, or that she is related to the Kale family. These new ‘modifications’ are Erika exhibiting Ghost Rider powers, which she doesn’t yet know she can do WITHOUT her HellFire robot. If she is ever hurt, she will probably erupt into hellfire. This hasn’t happened yet.

Possible hunteds

- Atrocity, and kind of Kid Abomination, smaller than Abomination but with claws.

- A demon cultist, who wants to ‘awaken’ Erika to her demon heritage, making her into a powerful supervillian.

- Someone wanting to ‘recruit’ Madison Jeffries daughter, somehow coercing her to use her machinesmith abilities illegally, to make millions or conquer some small country or something.

Victor Reed VonDoom... What's his story' date=' is he a villain?[/quote']

His story is he is heir to the throne of Latveria and like his father is loved by it's people. At the start of the campagin he is 28 years old and is the official United Nations Representitive for his country. His father has taught him many things both in the nature of sorcery and technology. And no he is not a villain.

Is my VPP pool limited, or is the whole thing?

Ok Allan first of all there is a 75 point active cap on powers except you may have one power that has 90 active points..... your VPP is 300 Active points

Sorry.

I didn't know about the 75/90 pt cap.:(

Does it mean my VPP pool is limited to 90pts, or the whole thing (pool and control cost) is limited to 90pts, so it would be a 45pt pool with 45pt control cost?

Suggestions for what to buy with the other 210/255pts?:dyn

Maybe I'll make her seriously invulnerable, like her mother.

Also you have 5 point to many disadvantages

Yes.

As I said -

(I'm at 595 pts spent, and 155/605 disads, so I have some room to adjust her.)

605 disads is 5pts over.

I like to have too many disads in the first draft, so the GM can say 'drop X to 8-, and get rid of Y all together.'

Speaking of which, what would you suggest dropping by 5pts?

Re: Is my VPP pool limited, or is the whole thing?

Ok Allan this is what I will allow for your VPP..it will allow you to create a power with 90 active points.

91 Machine Shaper: Variable Power Pool, 55 base + 36 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1) (109 Active Points); VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (Requires machines to 'shape'; -1/2)

The Zero Phase Action does not seem logical it would take at least a phase for a machine to reshape itself into a new power.

Another thing...your Justice Squadron Communicator should not be OIHID...if the squadron needs to get a hold of you and you are nowhere near the robot....well you can understand. It's fine that she 'fuses' it into the robot when shes in it but when she phases out of the bot it should come with her.

Also on the subject of disadvantages: Being a mutant is not so much of a social limitation anymore, ever since Beast became the first mutant president. So it would be occasionally & minor at best.

His story is he is heir to the throne of Latveria and like his father is loved by it's people. At the start of the campagin he is 28 years old and is the official United Nations Representitive for his country. His father has taught him many things both in the nature of sorcery and technology. And no he is not a villain.

Can I use him for a character idea? I was thinking Victor Reed wants to further improve the family name by becoming a super hero and decides the best way to do that is to join the new Justice Squadron. I'm thinking a bit of an arrogant, high minded person who has a tendency to look down on others (him being of noble blood and all of that), expects a lot out of people (perfectionist, expects people to match his high expectations) and can be a bit condescending, patronizing and judgmental. But is a hero at heart. Also as far as I can tell you don't have too many scientists so far submitted so a gadgeteer/technological genius would be a great addition to the team. I'm not sure if he would be an experienced hero or just starting out (leaning towards the experienced).

I would probably go more with the technology side and only a little magic if any. Obviously a power armour character, possibly some robotics thrown in (perhaps a robot follower or two depends on how the points shake out). More ranged energy attacks (something that I think the team needs as the bulk of the submitted characters are melee types). Tons of science and invention related skills.

His hero name could be Victor. Or perhaps he'd just use Victor von Doom, in order to keep building on the family name being associated with heroism and distancing it from his father's criminal past.

I was also thinking of getting him into Stark Industries in some way. Perhaps he is hired on in a major position to make use of his expertise. Amanda Stark must be getting fairly up there in age... Merging Dr. Doom's costume with Iron Man's armour would make for a nice inspiration/starting point for his costume. Although it might be trying to cram too much into the character..

Thoughts?

Can I use him for a character idea? I was thinking Victor Reed wants to further improve the family name by becoming a super hero and decides the best way to do that is to join the new Justice Squadron. I'm thinking a bit of an arrogant, high minded person who has a tendency to look down on others (him being of noble blood and all of that), expects a lot out of people (perfectionist, expects people to match his high expectations) and can be a bit condescending, patronizing and judgmental. But is a hero at heart. Also as far as I can tell you don't have too many scientists so far submitted so a gadgeteer/technological genius would be a great addition to the team. I'm not sure if he would be an experienced hero or just starting out (leaning towards the experienced).

I would probably go more with the technology side and only a little magic if any. Obviously a power armour character, possibly some robotics thrown in (perhaps a robot follower or two depends on how the points shake out). More ranged energy attacks (something that I think the team needs as the bulk of the submitted characters are melee types). Tons of science and invention related skills.

His hero name could be Victor. Or perhaps he'd just use Victor von Doom, in order to keep building on the family name being associated with heroism and distancing it from his father's criminal past.

I was also thinking of getting him into Stark Industries in some way. Perhaps he is hired on in a major position to make use of his expertise. Amanda Stark must be getting fairly up there in age... Merging Dr. Doom's costume with Iron Man's armour would make for a nice inspiration/starting point for his costume. Although it might be trying to cram too much into the character..

Thoughts?

Sure go ahead and play with the idea and lets see what comes of it.

Submissions So Far

Checkmate

Valkyrie- Daughter of Thor Odinson and Wonder Woman

Querysphinx

Plastyque- Daughter of Reed & Susan Richards

Beast

Silk Detective- Clone Created by Dr. Destroyer using Forge & Illyana Rasputin's DNA

Alamias

Moon Knight II- Son of Marc Spector the original Moon Knight & Marlene Alraune

RocketsRedGlare

Spider Lad- Son Of Spider Man & Black Cat.

Dr. Archeville

Scion- Geneticlly Engineered son of Namor & Susan Richard

Allan

Hellfire- Duaghter of Madison Jeffries (Box) & Diamond Lil unknowingly turned the ghost rider motorcycle into a robot.

Proposed Submissions (Not official yet but were discussed

Aylwin13

Wildcard- Son of Gambit & Rogue

McCoy

Tornado Fist- Daughter of Ironfist & Cyclone

Nechevo

Victor- Son of Dr. Doom, heir to the throne of Latveria