this power

Re: this power

Yeah' date=' I'd buy it as Flight, REnd>0, Persistant equal to your running and consider the rest SFX...... (At least thats how I've done it before....)[/quote']

I'd only add 0END if their Running were also 0END.

Persistent is a good idea though, unless they plummet when Stunned and/or Knocked Out.

Don't forget to add No Turn Mode! Flight from Running w/ Useable As Flight has a Turn Mode. ;)

But there's a part of "the ability to fight in the air as if it was on solid ground" I'm not clear on. Do you indend that if the character (while flying) suffers knockback in a downwards direction, they would only get knocked Prone and not loose altitude (as if they had been forced into something solid)?

Persistent is a good idea though, unless they plummet when Stunned and/or Knocked Out.

Persistent is a good idea, but it's not needed on the *whole* power. Just buy a seperate: 1" Flight + Zero END, Persistent - Only To Not Fall(-2).

It only costs 1 point to not fall due to gravity. :D

Persistent is a good idea, but it's not needed on the *whole* power. Just buy a seperate: 1" Flight + Zero END, Persistent - Only To Not Fall(-2).

No "Partially Advantaged Powers" - so would have to have two different Flight Powers, and personally I wouldn't allow that particular construct at all.

Only problem here would be that to be Persistent, it must already be 0END...

Another way to do it would be with an END Reserve powering the flight (he stays hovering as long as there is END left), or Continuing Charges (in which case he stays flying/hovering until he runs out of time).

Another "issue" would be the increased Knockback that you take while flying.

This could be neutralized by 6" Knockback Resistance, Only to Remove Extra KB from Flying (-1?)

Only problem here would be that to be Persistent' date=' it [i']must[/i] already be 0END...

Another way to do it would be with an END Reserve powering the flight (he stays hovering as long as there is END left), or Continuing Charges (in which case he stays flying/hovering until he runs out of time).

Another "issue" would be the increased Knockback that you take while flying.

This could be neutralized by 6" Knockback Resistance, Only to Remove Extra KB from Flying (-1?)

I knew that. No really...

OK, I forgot all about the 0END/Persistent thing. :o

No "Partially Advantaged Powers" - so would have to have two different Flight Powers' date=' and personally I wouldn't allow that particular construct at all.[/quote']

Plus the whole acceleration thing... if you were already moving, you'd only be able to stop your movement by 1" per Phase with that.

Subject to GM approval in your individual game, I would allow you to take running with a custom advantage 'can be used in 3 dimensions'. A bit like 'second mode of movement' but slightly more useful and so slightly more expensive. I would charge you +1/2.

It has the advantage of being reasonably straightforward: use the rules for running, but you can also move up at 1" per 2" used.

It gets rid of the over complex patching you would otherwise need to do to take into account turn mode and KBR and whatever else you might have missed. On the face of it a second mode of movement with no turn mode whilst in the air and no increased KB is worth more than +1/2, but anything more seems simply too expensive.

Whilst you specify that the character can fight in the air as if it were solid ground, there is no apparent suggestion that they stay up there if knocked out or stunned. If the character can then '0 END/persistent' and possibly as trigger on at least some of the movement should suffice to manage the effect. As a matter of personal preference, as it seems very much like a signature power, I would probably also include 'difficult to dispel'.

Yeah diff to dispell seems like a good addition, I'd let the rest go as SFX though....6+ inches of persistant flight is an expensive purchase, so I would just treat the air as though it was the ground. so normal KB...But that also means you take damage from "Hitting the air" when you land, I'd also wink at turn mode as that is a disadd that others don't have.

So you get a super spiffy trick, and pay about the right number of points for it......

No "Partially Advantaged Powers" - so would have to have two different Flight Powers' date=' and personally I wouldn't allow that particular construct at all.[/quote']

Why no partially advantaged powers? Is that a house rule in your games?

Is there a specific reason why you wouldn't allow someone to buy (with apropriate F/X reasoning, of course) a "no Fall Clause" for their character?

It's not a partially Advantaged Power but a separate Power. I don't know if I'd give it -2, probably not more than -1. But I'd allow it.

Why no partially advantaged powers? Is that a house rule in your games?

Is there a specific reason why you wouldn't allow someone to buy (with apropriate F/X reasoning, of course) a "no Fall Clause" for their character?

No, it's legal. I just seem to be mixed up or thinking of something else. . . probably mixing it up with "Advantages Are Mandatory" or something. Who knows.

It's not a partially Advantaged Power but a separate Power. I don't know if I'd give it -2' date=' probably not more than -1. But I'd allow it.[/quote']

I, personally at least, wouldn't let you turn on two instances of Flight like that. It just doesn't sit well with me.