Multipowers

Re: Multipowers

For a PC I always round in the player's favour' date=' so 4.[/quote']

This is actually by the book too ;) .5 always rounds in favor of the player. SPD is the only thing I know of off the top of my head that doesn't obey this rounding rule (it always rounds down even if at .9).

This is actually by the book too ;) .5 always rounds in favor of the player.

5ER page 7.

SPD is the only thing I know of off the top of my head that doesn't obey this rounding rule (it always rounds down even if at .9).

5ER page 38. One could argue whether SPD is actually rounded at all, since the fractional SPD does count towards buying your next point of SPD.

One could argue whether SPD is actually rounded at all' date=' since the fractional SPD does count towards buying your next point of SPD.[/quote']

It is rounded. It's just that rounding occurs after everything else. So when you're buying your next point, you re-calculate everything, and round at the end.

Of course, then you have your optional (house) rules for fractional SPD, for example the one where you roll 1d10 at the beginning of each Turn, and if the result is less than your fractional SPD (counting 10 as a 0, like most d10s are marked), you act as if your SPD were one more for that Turn. :D

It is rounded. It's just that rounding occurs after everything else. So when you're buying your next point' date=' you re-calculate everything, and round at the end.[/quote']

Not quite right, although I don't have my book with me. If I recall properly, SPD never rounds in an absolute sense, becuase you have to always keep track of that fraction incase of ajustment powers, such as drain or aid. Now for consideration of where you fall in the SPD chart always look to the closest whole number below the fractional amount.

As far as standard rulling, .5 always rounds in favor of the affected.

Not quite right' date=' although I don't have my book with me. If I recall properly, SPD never rounds in an absolute sense, becuase you have to always keep track of that fraction incase of ajustment powers, such as drain or aid. Now for consideration of where you fall in the SPD chart always look to the closest whole number below the fractional amount. [/quote']

Incorrect.

Adjustment Powers cannot and do not affect SPEED until they affect a Whole Increment.

It states this explicitly under the Adjust Powers section, you cannot Drain/Transfer/Aid/Suppress/Dispel/etc a fraction of a point of Speed.

(see Adjusting Incremental Powers 5ER pp107-108 and Adjusting Speed 5ER p110)

Any increment of Speed a Character has (2.6 for example) is ignored completely once you start play. It only matters when you are purchasing more Speed (you can't sell that fraction back either).

Incorrect.

Adjustment Powers cannot and do not affect SPEED until they affect a Whole Increment.

It states this explicitly under the Adjust Powers section, you cannot Drain/Transfer/Aid/Suppress/Dispel/etc a fraction of a point of Speed.

(see Adjusting Incremental Powers 5ER pp107-108 and Adjusting Speed 5ER p110)

Any increment of Speed a Character has (2.6 for example) is ignored completely once you start play. It only matters when you are purchasing more Speed (you can't sell that fraction back either).

Interesting. Then I have been doing it wrong. Although I don't think it has actually come up in a long time. Well anyway that is something to take note of. Thank you GA.

La Rose

Are you suggesting that I would reccomend something not totally rules kosher? :eek:

I wasn't even aware you kept kosher. ;)

For a PC I always round in the player's favour' date=' so 4.[/quote']

That does sound like NPCs in your games are treated differently.