Lame Superhero Rollcall

SSgt Baloo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lame Superhero Rollcall

Adam Warlock? :weep: Take it back' date=' you... He's my hero. How dare you?:bmk:[/quote']

:o

Okay i admit it, i did chuck those two in for the drama (though i dont actually like Cap A. at all i wouldnt cry 'lame').

Lamest cape?

Spiderman.

Its a pet peeve i cant explain or comprehend; so there :P . If anyone ever makes a spidey homage in a game i am running i shall suggest to them they take 6d6 Unluck (or more!)- they might as well get points for suffering my vindictive nature.

EDIT: I've been thinking (!). Its probably because Spiderman is such a pervasive figure in comics, despite being a somewhat uninspired character both in ideas and execution; yes that my opinion, i dont want to argue with the fandom, please.

The lamest super heroes in comics are Oracle, Professor X (Charles Xavier), and the Chief (Niles Caulder of the Doom Patrol).

However, I believe "self-mobility impaired" would be the more P.C. term.

While I've expressed my distaste for the Punisher on these boards time and again, I do think there is one even more distasteful--The Galloping Galooper. :confused:

Seriously--that's really the best name he could come up with? And what does it even mean? Thing is, I don't know of any change of name that would redeem him--there's not much more to the character than the name and the sword. He seems more to me like a super-wannabe who's destined to get killed his first time out.

Thanks, but no thanks. :thumbdown

Almost forgot Marvel's New Universe... ... Metallurge and his masterful control of a hubcap form a 1949 Chevrolet.

He was great. At least a good writer made him cool.

Like someone else mentioned earlier, there are no lame heroes/villains only lame writers and/or GMs.

He was great. At least a good writer made him cool.

Like someone else mentioned earlier, there are no lame heroes/villains only lame writers and/or GMs.

They most definitely did the best they could with what they had as far as writing the character. That statement was based solely on the power.

That statement was based solely on the power.

Well, even then it's not such a bad power. Low powered, sure. He's not going to win a fight against Starbrand or Superman or anything. But he still used it in a cool way.

He could fly/levitate on it (and if I remember correctly there was no strength limit on it) so he could lift a bunch of people on it if they could balance correctly. He could use it to lift injured people to safety (or a sniper up to a good vantage point, like he did in The War), he also used it to clear a landing field of bushes, etc... He could attack with it and use it to missile deflect (in hero terms).

It was basically a "focus" for his telekinetic powers.

I thought they handled it well.

QFT.

Great character, but in the past decade or so, he's gotten the short end of the stick, writing-wise. :(

Well, if getting the short end of the stick, writing-wise, is a qualifier for lameness, than I have a new nominee for the lamest character of all time:

Scott Summers (a/k/a Cyclops)

Note: I actually got to run him once for a couple of adventures in a massive multi-campaign crossover that Lord Mhoram was running. LM gave me Cyke's character sheet with powers and skills and told me to fill in the Disads as I saw fit. So I included "Phys Lim: Keeps getting screwed by the writers (All the time, Greatly Impairing)".

I thought they handled it well.

For the record I will admit I was a fan of the New Universe, DP 7 primarily. I thought that they did a good job of showing both the up and downsides of super powers and did a lot of work to have characters be creative.

Yeah' date=' he even got totally boned in the movies...[/quote']

Yeah, you'd think the heart and soul of the X-Men, as well as Charles Xavier's chosen successor, would at least rate an on-screen death....

Yeah' date=' you'd think the heart and soul of the X-Men, as well as Charles Xavier's chosen successor, would at least rate an on-screen death....[/quote']

the movie writers DID choose to focus on logan so its no woner cyke got the shaft or in his case lightbeam

the movie writers DID choose to focus on logan so its no woner cyke got the shaft or in his case lightbeam

And I understand that Halle "I have an Academy Award" Berry would only agree to the third movie if she got A LOT more screen time. And James Marsden was otherwise occupied with Superman Returns. But still, Cyclops, the character, was completely disrespected in that movie.

/rant

And for the record, my nominee for lamest X-Men character is Emma Frost. Another telepath on the team? Ho-hum. She was so much better as a villain.