Power Armored Heroes on 350pts

jonstryder

Ok, so I've been racking my head for a while on this one.

Our campaign is 350 total points, 100pts on Disadvantages.

Now while I already have a character for this game, I'm one to build a back up character or two just incase my main PC bites the big one. It saves me and the GM time on waiting until the next game session to try and bring the PC in.

So I want to do up a power armored guy. I'll outline the concept and hopefully folks here will be able to help me build this guy.

-------------------------------------------------------

The PC is more or less a normal guy, no super powers on his own, but he does possess genius level intelligence. He owns several patents that are under use by the government, as such he is quite rich.

The armored suit is a combination of alien technology and earth bound tech. Somehow he is able to figure out the alien aspects of the tech involved and has fashioned a suit of power armor...mostly becuase he's board and thought it'd be fun.

The suit is ment to have a couple of basic weapons, it can reconfigure parts of itself to form a blaster cannon on the arm, or an energy sword that projects a soldi light blade (heavy blade).

The suits defining system is its "emulation" system. This allows the user to scan mechanical weapons and other tech, and then it can reconfigure its armament to allow the PC to use his enemies weapons/powers/tech against them. (Sort of like Megaman.)

The suit of course has to have flight capabilities to get around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The only restriction is that I can't use the Vehicles/Bases perk to create the suit.

Now I want to doo up a cool suit of power armor with these things in mind as well as being able to still have many of the same things that a suit of power armor should have.

So hopefully someone who is a marvel with developing power armored PC's can help me out.:help:

Re: Power Armored Heroes on 350pts

Our campaign is 350 total points... So I want to do up a power armored guy. I'll outline the concept and hopefully folks here will be able to help me build this guy.

Sidekick has a 350 pt write up for Defender in the back that works pretty well.

For the armor:

I) Build it as either OIF or OIHID, depending on what flavor you want.

II) Assorted enhanced stats (+30 str, +10 con, +10 dex, +1 spd). I generally don't use the "no figured" lim, as despite how much HERO likes it for power armor it's just as easy to come up with an explanation for why you get the figureds.

III) Build your weapons as a multipower (an EB for the blaster cannon, an HKA for the sword). I recommend also having an entangle for a non-lethal option (i'm a big fan of the AE 1-hex goopball launcher). For the emulation of the opponents' weapons slot, you can use an attack (or attacks) with variable advantage and/or variable special effect. This may result in very few DC's though on the attack.

For the person:

I) Int 18-23. Wealth 5 (at least). Security clearance at least 2. Possibly the Top Man perk.

II) Assorted sciences, including SS: Xenotechnology

III) 1-2 overall levels

Kelcyron

For the armor:

I) Build it as either OIF or OIHID, depending on what flavor you want.

II) Assorted enhanced stats (+30 str, +10 con, +10 dex, +1 spd). I generally don't use the "no figured" lim, as despite how much HERO likes it for power armor it's just as easy to come up with an explanation for why you get the figureds.

III) Build your weapons as a multipower (an EB for the blaster cannon, an HKA for the sword). I recommend also having an entangle for a non-lethal option (i'm a big fan of the AE 1-hex goopball launcher). For the emulation of the opponents' weapons slot, you can use an attack (or attacks) with variable advantage and/or variable special effect. This may result in very few DC's though on the attack.

For the person:

I) Int 18-23. Wealth 5 (at least). Security clearance at least 2. Possibly the Top Man perk.

II) Assorted sciences, including SS: Xenotechnology

III) 1-2 overall levels

Kelcyron

1) I'd prefer the OIF as it saves me on points...considering most power armors can run pretty high on points fast. I figured that the armor could be either autonamous, acting in a body guard fashion until he can put the suit on, or it pulls an "Iron Man" and folds up into a compact robotic suitcase that follows him around.

2) Well the increase in STUN from the figured stats I could quip to being from the armor's own ability to absorb some damage. But I wouldn't be able to rational increases in the PC's END pool as the suit would run off of an END Reserve. I suppose putting a -1/4 limitation on CON "Does not figure into END" might be allowable by the GM, this would allow it to still add to STUN.

3) The main attacks I was planing on puting into a Mutlipower. There would be three basic attacks. Energy Blast (Blaster Cannon), HKA (energy sword), and HA (Knuckle Buster...no END attack). I can't justify an entangle for this character through his basic attacks. I suppose that what I could do for the Emulation system is build a "Variable Advantage" Naked Advantage Power. It might be a bit spendy though.

But the idea of the emulation power is that if the PC gets his hands on a gun, that does Drain he could copy and use that power to some capacity/effect, not just a genaric EB with Variable Advantage and Variable Effects on it. Its almost like a mimic ability. I'd even go so far as saying that his system can only hold these mimced powers in its buffer for only so long before the suit purges the mimced effect. To simulate this I guess I could use a sort of countdown activation roll thing. The first time its used, you don't make a roll. After that its activation roll kicks in at 15-, and counts down until the roll fails, at which point the power is kicked form the suits buffer.

This would ensure that the PC doesn't decide to keep a power in the buffer forever, every time its used, it kicks off the chance of being scrubbed. And after a certain length of time out of combat if its not used the suit automaticly scrubs the data.

As for the "out of armor" stats.

1) INT I knew would have to be over 20. I was almost thinking of puting him at 30, and buying his Background skills as INT based. The other stats are the big question. He's a guy who would keep in fairly good shape. Decent strength of will.

I guess I see him as being sort of a little like "L" from Death Note. A little excentric, a genius, but an oddball who seems to be lazy.

I don't know whats in the "Top Man" Perk though other wise I'd take a look at it.

2) SS skills are a must, I'd even go and get him the Skill Enhancer Scientist.

3) For combat skills, I'd almost be willing to give him some martial arts, just a few basic moves like Fast Strike, Legsweep, and Martial Dodge. His CSL's I'd put mostly towards the suits weapons. Some PSL's on range with ranged attacks would be great as well.

take a look at this

see if this floats you boat

the armor is based on aa alien nanite structure and is fairly maluable

the computer is in the armor the backpack is not but then is is more just a long range system

I did not to any disads for the character or the computer(comp needs 50 pts)

since I hade no clue to the campain or the personality of the character

Our campaign is 350 total points, 100pts on Disadvantages.

Now while I already have a character for this game, I'm one to build a back up character or two just incase my main PC bites the big one. It saves me and the GM time on waiting until the next game session to try and bring the PC in.

So I want to do up a power armored guy. I'll outline the concept and hopefully folks here will be able to help me build this guy.

-------------------------------------------------------

The PC is more or less a normal guy, no super powers on his own, but he does possess genius level intelligence. He owns several patents that are under use by the government, as such he is quite rich.

The armored suit is a combination of alien technology and earth bound tech. Somehow he is able to figure out the alien aspects of the tech involved and has fashioned a suit of power armor...mostly becuase he's board and thought it'd be fun.

The suit is ment to have a couple of basic weapons, it can reconfigure parts of itself to form a blaster cannon on the arm, or an energy sword that projects a soldi light blade (heavy blade).

The suits defining system is its "emulation" system. This allows the user to scan mechanical weapons and other tech, and then it can reconfigure its armament to allow the PC to use his enemies weapons/powers/tech against them. (Sort of like Megaman.)

The suit of course has to have flight capabilities to get around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The only restriction is that I can't use the Vehicles/Bases perk to create the suit.

Now I want to doo up a cool suit of power armor with these things in mind as well as being able to still have many of the same things that a suit of power armor should have.

So hopefully someone who is a marvel with developing power armored PC's can help me out.:help:

A fully accurate mimic ability may be incompatible for a 350 point game. You'll be needing a VPP that can match the active points of the highest level of wepaons you will ever come across.

So the relaity is you can have, at best a partial mimc--it can copy up to the AP limits of your campaign, and what you afford.

So..build a Power armor character, and repace the attack multipower with a VPP. No time to Change, OIF. Minor limitation--can only mimic powers, or use a few designed pattersm (the energy blast and sword) call this a 1-2 to 3-4teh limitation on the control cost. We'll keep the skill roll required, just to keep the cost manageable.

I'll have a version of the above posted tonight.

Unfortunately I can't open those files, I don't have Hero Designer.

But this is more or less the basic suit I typed out.

30) Armor: 15 PDr/15EDr; OIF (-1/2)---AP 45

20) STR Boost: +30 STR; OIF (-1/2)---AP 30

11) Durability Boost: +10 CON; OIF (-1/2); Does not increase END & END Rec. (-1/4)---AP 20

7) Reaction Boost: +1 SPD; OIF (-1/2)---AP 10

10) Multi Sensory Booster: +5 to all PER rolls (to see inthe dark amongst other things); OIF (-1/2)---AP 15

9) Life Support Systems: Safe Environment: Intense Cold & Heat; Self Contained Breathing; OIF (-1/2)---AP 14

7) Suit Integrity Protection: Power Defense 10; OIF (-1/2)---AP 10

3) Flash Suppressor: Sight group 5 Def; OIF (-1/2)---AP 5

19) Flight System: 12", x4 NCM; OIF (-1/2)---AP 29

17) Inertial Field: 10 PDr / 10 EDr Force Field; Hardened (+1/4); OIF (-1/2)---AP 25

27) Power Systems: END Reserve 200pts, 20 Rec; OIF (-1/2)---AP 40

TOTAL Pts so Far = 160

Thats way too many points for me so far since its a 350pt game. Maybe as a total including his weapon systems, but not as the armor alone. His basic weapon systems are below:

43) Basic Weapon Systems: Multipower: 65pts; OIF (-1/2)---AP 65

4u) Blaster Arm Cannon: 10d6 Energy Blast; Half END (+1/4); OIF (-1/2)---AP 62

3u) Hard Light Heavy Blade Sword: 2d6 HKA; +1 OCV, +1 DCV; Armor Piercing (+1/2); STR does not add/subtract to damage (-1/2); OIF (-1/2)---AP 45

2u) Knuckle Buster: +5d6 HA; Zero END (+1/2); Double Knockback (+3/4); Hand to Hand (-1/2); OIF (-1/2)---AP 56

TOTAL Pts = 52

Over all TOTAL Pts so Far = 212

That only gives me 138pts to move around for normal stats. We have a requirement that at least 25pts have to go into non-combat skills. This also keeps me from being able to employ a weapon emulation system.

(The campaign takes place in a modified Champions setting.)

sorry telepathy on the fritz right now

character and suit

human/alien hybrid powered armor

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

13 STR 3 12- / 21- Lift 151.6kg/102.4tons; 2 1/2d6/12d6 HTH damage [1]

10 DEX 0 11- / 13- OCV: 3/7/DCV: 3/7

10 CON 0 11- / 14-

10 BODY 0 11-

23 INT 13 14- PER Roll 14-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

12 PRE 2 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

10 COM 0 11-

3 PD 0 Total: 16/31 PD (0/15 rPD)

2 ED 0 Total: 2/30 ED (0/15 rED)

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12/3, 5, 8, 10, 12

5 REC 0

20 END 0

22 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 20

Movement: Running: 6"/[Noncombat]"

Leaping: 2 1/2"/11 1/2"/[Noncombat]"

Swimming: 2"/[Noncombat]"

Cost Powers END

20 inborn talent: Luck 8d6 (40 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (only to figure out how things work; -1) 0

13 human/alien hybrid nanite armor: Elemental Control, 70-point powers, (35 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

13 1) FF (15 PD/15 ED/5 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 0

13 2) Flight 20", Usable Underwater (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 0

11 3) +47 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

20 +10 DEX (30 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4), Linked (FF; Lesser Instant Power can be used in any Phase in which greater Constant Power is in use; -1/4)

20 +15 CON (30 Active Points); Linked (FF; Lesser Instant Power can be used in any Phase in which greater Constant Power is in use; -1/4), OIHID (-1/4)

9 +13 PD (13 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4), Linked (FF; Lesser Instant Power can be used in any Phase in which greater Constant Power is in use; -1/4)

7 +10 ED (10 Active Points); Linked (inborn talent; Lesser Instant Power can be used in any Phase in which greater Constant Power is in use; -1/4), OIHID (-1/4)

13 +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Linked (inborn talent; Lesser Instant Power can be used in any Phase in which greater Constant Power is in use; -1/4), OIHID (-1/4)

11 +8 REC (16 Active Points); Linked (FF; Lesser Instant Power can be used in any Phase in which greater Constant Power is in use; -1/4), OIHID (-1/4)

15 +22 STUN (22 Active Points); Linked (FF; Lesser Instant Power can be used in any Phase in which greater Constant Power is in use; -1/4), OIHID (-1/4)

40 Multipower, 90-point reserve, (90 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (Full Phase, to reconfigure; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

4u 1) Pulson Blaster: EB 12d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, to reconfigure; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 0

4u 2) HKA 2d6 (2d6+1 / 3 1/2d6 w/STR), Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4) (82 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, to reconfigure; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 0

4u 3) copied ranged eb: EB 10d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (87 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, to reconfigure; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 3

3u 4) Copied hant to hand weapons: HA +9d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (90 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, to reconfigure; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (may only copy weapons that can be percieved at present; -1/4), OIHID (-1/4) 0

4u 5) HKA 2d6 (2d6+1 / 3d6+1 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, to reconfigure; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (may only copy weapons percieved at present; -1/4), OIHID (-1/4) 0

4u 6) RKA 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, to reconfigure; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 0

Perks

40 Vehicles & Bases

10 Money: Wealthy

Skills

12 Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers, Artificial Intelligence, Mainframes and Supercomputers, Military Computers) 14-

3 Electronics 14-

3 Inventor 14-

3 Mechanics 14-

5 PS: Robotics 14-

16 +2 with All Combat

3 Security Systems 14-

7 Systems Operation (Communications Systems, Environmental Systems, Air/Space Traffic Control Systems, Radar, Sonar) 14-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 330

Total Cost: 350

250+ Disadvantages

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Computer

computer

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

Total Characteristics Cost: 60

Movement:

Cost Powers END

45 Multipower, 45-point reserve

4u 1) Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Telescopic: +6 (45 Active Points) 0

4u 2) Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Targeting, Telescopic: +30 (45 Active Points) 0

4u 3) Radar (Radio Group), MegaScale (1" = 1 million km; +1 3/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (45 Active Points) 0

20 LS (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) 0

22 Penalty Skill Levels: +6 vs. Range Modifier with All Attacks, Usable By Other (+1/4) (22 Active Points)

5 Extra Limbs (8) 0

19 head up systems: Sight Group and Normal Hearing Images 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (19 Active Points) 0

Skills

3 Combat Piloting 13-

5 Navigation (Air, Land, Marine, Space) 13-

9 TF: Combat Aircraft, Early Spacecraft, Grav Vehicles/Hovercraft, Large Military Ships, Large Motorized Boats, Large Planes, Personal Use Spacecraft, Small Military Ships, Small Motorized Boats, Small Planes, Spaceplanes, Submarines

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 140

Total Cost: 200

150+ Disadvantages

Total Disadvantage Points: 200

mega man space pack

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

50 STR 40 19- Lift 25.6tons; 10d6 HTH damage [5]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

10 BODY 0 11-

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

Total Characteristics Cost: 115

Movement: Running: 0"/[Noncombat]"

Leaping: 0"/[Noncombat]"

Swimming: 0"/[Noncombat]"

Cost Powers END

50 flight modes: Multipower, 50-point reserve

5u 1) boosted flight: Flight 12", x64 Noncombat (49 Active Points) 0

5u 2) Hyper sonic flight: Flight 20", MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (50 Active Points) 0

5u 3) interplanetary flight: Flight 6", MegaScale (1" = 10 billion km; +2 3/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (48 Active Points) 0

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 65

Total Cost: 180

150+ Disadvantages

Total Disadvantage Points: 180

I built a multi-form mimic character who could always take on the forms he'd learned. The game effect I used for this was to buy 'naked' multi-forms, in other words I bought like 16 multi-forms but only defined two of them. As the game progressed I was planning on spending some xp on additional multi-forms if I needed it.

Something similar could be done with a multipower with the GMs permission, the point value wouldn't be to obscene especially if done in fixed slots. If you're guns the only thing that really changes it would be even easier since you already have the multipower for that. This of course assumes a permanent copying of the new tech. A vpp could do it to.

For VPP Limitations; Only Attack Powers (-1/4), Only to Mimic Technological Devices (-1), Burnout 15- (Permanent Unless Re-Mimiced, Applies Only to Slots; -1/4), Powers May Only Be As Powerful as Mimiced Device (-1/2). Then if you want more stipulations Requires Successful HTH Attack Roll (-1/2) and Suit to Device Contact Required (-1) could work.

Even with all of that though a VPP is still going to be expensive since you can't modify the Pool Cost.

*edit* And I'm slow. Beast's multipower slots should do the trick aside from the drains

This is all some great stuff and brings in things I wouldn't have thought of.

The mimic pool I wouldn't make too extravogant, maybe a 30pt pool, since its the Real Point cost you gotta worry about with those.

I'll be heading home here in about 30min. I'll see if I can't iron out powers and such based upon recommendations to fulfill campaign AP limitations.

I think that I'm really getting hung up on the fact that there's really so many ways to build a suit of power armor, its difficult to decide on the method to use not to mention trying to reign your self in from making the typical full "Iron Man" suit.

[b]Darkstar - Lif Reed[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
13    STR     3   13/60      12- / 21-       HTH Damage 2 1/2d6/12d6  END [1/6]
14    DEX     12   14/24      12- / 14-       OCV 5/8 DCV 5/8
13    CON     6   13/30      12- / 15-
12    BODY    4   12/20      11- / 13-
13    INT     3   13      12-       PER Roll 12-
11    EGO     2   11      11-       ECV: 4
13    PRE     3   13/23      12- / 14-       PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6 / 4 1/2d6
13    COM     2   13      12-
6    PD      3   6/30             6/30 PD (0/15 rPD)
6    ED      3   6/24             6/24 ED (0/15 rED)
3    SPD     6   3/4                 Phases:  4, 8, 12/3, 6, 9, 12
6    REC     0   6/18
26    END     0   26/60
24    STUN    -2   24/65
8    RUN      4   8"                END [2]
4    SWIM     2   4"                END [1]
3    LEAP     0   2 1/2"/11 1/2"                2 1/2"/11 1/2" forward, 1"/5 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 51[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
    Darkstars Battlesuit, all slots OIF (-1/2) - END=
31     1)  [b][i]Cyberkinetic[/i][/b]: +47 STR (47 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=5
20     2)  [b][i]Cyberkinetic Link[/i][/b]: +10 DEX (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=
23     3)  [b][i]Exoskeleton [/i][/b]: +17 CON (34 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=
11     4)  [b][i]Exoskeleton[/i][/b]: +8 BODY (16 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=
13     5)  Life Support  (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
4     6)  [b][i]Official Uniform[/i][/b]: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Limited Power PRE Attacks Only (-1), OIF (-1/2) - END=
      - END=
20     [b][i]Quantum Energy Manipulation[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 60-point powers,  (30 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2) - END=
20     1)  Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=6
20     2)  Flight 20", MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=6
30     3)  Force Field (15 PD/15 ED/5 Mental Defense/5 Power Defense/5 Flash Defense:  Sight Group/5 Flash Defense:  Hearing Group), Hardened (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=3
      - END=

[b]POWERS Cost: 192[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
0      Acting 8-
0      AK: Campaign City 8-
3      Breakfall 12- (14-)
0      Climbing 8-
3      Combat Piloting: Starships 12- (14-)
21      +4 with All Combat (32 Active Points); OIF (Darkstars Battlesuit; -1/2)
2      Computer Programming (Personal Computers) 12-
0      Concealment 8-
3      Conversation 12- (14-)
3      Criminology 12-
0      Deduction 8-
3      High Society 12- (14-)
0      Language:  English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
2      Language:  Old Norse (basic conversation; literate)
0      PS: Student  8-
0      Paramedics 8-
0      Persuasion 8-
3      Scholar
1      1)  KS: Darkstar Procedures (2 Active Points) 11-
1      2)  KS: Darkstars History (2 Active Points) 11-
1      3)  KS: Milky Way Galaxy (2 Active Points) 11-
1      4)  KS: Norse Mythology (2 Active Points) 11-
1      5)  KS: Sentient Species of the Milky Way Galaxy (2 Active Points) 11-
1      6)  KS: The Mystic World (2 Active Points) 11-
1      7)  KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-
0      Shadowing 8-
0      Stealth 8-
3      Systems Operation 12-
1      Tactics 8-
1      Teamwork 8-
0      TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles 
2      WF:  Beam Weapons, Clubs, Fist-Loads, Thrown Rocks, Unarmed Combat

[b]SKILLS Cost: 57[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
18      Contact:  The Overseers (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own), Organization Contact (x3) (18 Active Points) 8-
2      Reputation:  Darkstar Deputy (A large group) 8-, +2/+2d6

[b]PERKS Cost: 20[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
2      Environmental Movement (Zero G-Training)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 2[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Dependent NPC:  The Reed Family 8- (Normal)
15     Enraged:  When innocents Injured (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-
20     Hunted:  Arch-Nemesis 11- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
10     Hunted:  Local Law Enforcement Agencies 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
15     Hunted:  Supervillain Group 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Altruistic (Common, Strong)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Code Versus Killing Common, Total
15     Psychological Limitation:  Honourable (Common, Strong)

Darkstars Package Deal
5     1)  Distinctive Features:  Darkstar Battlesuit (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15     2)  Hunted:  Enemies of the New Overseers 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
20     3)  Psychological Limitation:  Subject to Orders (Common, Total)
15     4)  Social Limitation:  The Darkstars are a Secret Society Frequently (11-), Major

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 175[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 322

At only 322pts. you can tweak to taste. As is he has 28 unspent character points

[b]Superpowered Medieval Warrior[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
30     [b][i]Sword of Light [/i][/b]: Multipower, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); all slots OAF (Sword of Night; -1) - END=
3u     1)  [b][i]Absorbing Magic[/i][/b]: Dispel Magic 16d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (60 Active Points); OAF (Sword of Night; -1) - END=2
3u     2)  [b][i]Reflection of Light[/i][/b]: Sight Group Flash 9d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (56 Active Points); OAF (Sword of Night; -1) - END=2
2u     3)  [b][i]Flat of the Blade[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (45 Active Points); OAF (Sword of Night; -1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=2
3u     4)  [b][i]Edge of the Blade[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (2 1/2d6 w/STR), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (60 Active Points); OAF (Sword of Night; -1) - END=6
3u     5)  [b][i]Breaking of Barriers[/i][/b]: Tunneling 4" through 17 DEF material (59 Active Points); OAF (Sword of Night; -1) - END=6
3u     6)  [b][i]Fearie Gate[/i][/b]: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related Group of Dimensions, Any Location corresponding to current physical location), x32 Increased Weight (57 Active Points); OAF (Sword of Night; -1) - END=6
      - END=
20     [b][i]Shield of Night[/i][/b]: Multipower, 50-point reserve,  (50 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) - END=
1u     1)  [b][i]Shield Block I[/i][/b]: Armor (8 PD/8 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) - END=0
2u     2)  [b][i]Glamour[/i][/b]: Darkness to Sight Group 4" radius, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (50 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) - END=5
2u     3)  [b][i]Shadow  Forms[/i][/b]: Desolidification , Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) - END=2
2u     4)  [b][i]Faerie/Spirit[/i][/b]: Invisibility to Sight Group , No Fringe, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) - END=0
2u     5)  Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target (50 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) - END=0
2u     6)  [b][i]Summoned Faerie Steed[/i][/b]: Flight 14", x4 Noncombat, No Turn Mode (+1/4), Usable By Other (+1/4) (49 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) - END=5
      - END=
20     [b][i]Armor of Twighlight[/i][/b]: Armor (8 PD/8 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
2     [b][i]Helm of Twighlight[/i][/b]: Hearing Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); Activation Roll 14- (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) - END=0
2     [b][i]Helm of Twighlight[/i][/b]: Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); Activation Roll 14- (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) - END=0
      - END=
5     [b][i]Faerie Grace[/i][/b]: Knockback Resistance -5" (10 Active Points); Activation Roll 14- (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 107[/b]

Another method perhaps? Change all Mystic references to Technological ones.

Cheers

QM

I see a possible problem with the example Elemental Control from above, as reposted below.

13 human/alien hybrid nanite armor: Elemental Control, 70-point powers, (35 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

• 13 1) FF (15 PD/15 ED/5 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 0

• 13 2) Flight 20", Usable Underwater (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 0

• 11 3) +47 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

Now I'm assuming that the Gestures, Concentration thing is only applied when activating the powers initially.

Also as they are in an Elemental Control pool, aren't they supposed to be required to use END?

I would probably alter a few things.

I'll be posting something here in an hour or so.

Here you go

Val	Char	Cost
15/50	STR	5
18/23	DEX	24
15/25	CON	10
12	BODY	4
23	INT	13
15	EGO	10
15/20	PRE	5
10	COM	0

3/25	PD	0
3/26	ED	0
3/5	SPD	2
6/15	REC	0
30/50	END	0
28/51	STUN	0

6"	RUN	0
2"	SWIM	0
3"/10"	LEAP	0
Characteristics Cost: 73

Cost	Power
Power Armor, all slots OIF (-1/2)
36	1)  Armor (15 PD/21 ED) (54 Active Points)
27	2)  +35 STR, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (48 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)
7	3)  +5 DEX (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)
13	4)  +10 CON (20 Active Points)
13	5)  +2 SPD (20 Active Points)
5	6)  Damage Resistance (10 PD/4 ED) (7 Active Points)
3	7)  +5 PRE (5 Active Points)
23	8)  Flight 15", x4 Noncombat (35 Active Points)
13	9)  LS  (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (19 Active Points)
6	10) HRRP (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); Sense Affected As More Than One Sense [very common Sense] (-1/2)
90	Variable Power Pool, 60 base + 30 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (120 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available Limited (-1/2); all slots OIF (-1/2)
0	1) EB 12d6 (60 Active Points); Beam (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) Real Cost: 30
0	2) HKA 2d6 (2 1/2d6 / 4d6 w/STR), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (45 Active Points) Real Cost: 30
Powers Cost: 236

Cost	Skill
7	+2 with a group of similar Skills (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
4	+2 with Flight
3	Scientist
2	1)  SS:  AI Design and Engineering 14- (3 Active Points)
2	2)  SS:  Battlearmor Design and Engineering 14- (3 Active Points)
2	3)  SS:  Metallurgy 14- (3 Active Points)
2	4)  SS:  Physics 14- (3 Active Points)
3	Computer Programming 14-
3	Electronics 14-
3	Mechanics 14-
3	Systems Operation 14-
7	Inventor 16-
Skills Cost: 41

Total Character Cost: 350

Base Points: 200
Experience Required: 150
Total Experience Available: 0
Experience Unspent: 0

yes for start up

the gestures is that you need to stretch out like hexman the hero logo

as for needing to to pay end

yes but you can still buy the power to 0end cost

(I personally think that it must cost end is silly)

there should be powers not allowed in an ec senses mostly

feel free to change what you want

I see a possible problem with the example Elemental Control from above, as reposted below.

• 13 1) FF (15 PD/15 ED/5 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 0

• 13 2) Flight 20", Usable Underwater (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 0

• 11 3) +47 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; must be able to stretch out; -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

Now I'm assuming that the Gestures, Concentration thing is only applied when activating the powers initially.

Also as they are in an Elemental Control pool, aren't they supposed to be required to use END?

I would probably alter a few things.

I'll be posting something here in an hour or so.

I once tried to write up a spare character for a game that used powered armor. What I ended up doing was buying the entire suit as a vehicle, that had a multiform. It was both a Hayabusa Bike and a Power Armor Suit. I recall it being very cost effective, maybe to much so. I know that the character after buying all my stats, skills, powers, and the mech(vehicle, that was 60pts) he came out to be something like 250 points out of 350. Something to think about. And from all I have seen, building it as a vehicle is a valid concept, it perhaps a bit only munchkin side.

La Rose

Ok, so here is what I got so far. There may be places to beter refine this sucker, so let me know because I'm tapped out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

STR)__13 (47)__3pts...........PD)__3 (11)

DEX)__10 (15)__---...........CV) 3 (5)...........SPD) 3 (5)__10pts

CON)__13 (23)__6pts...........ED)__3 (5)...........END) 26 (46)

BOD)__14__8pts...........REC)__8 (18)__4pts...........STUN)__27 (49)

INT)__23__13pts

EGO)__13__6pts

PRE)__15__5pts

COM)__12__1pt

TOTAL = 56pts

Non-Combat Skills

Conversation__11-__2pts..........Deduction__14-__3pts

Paramedic__11-__2pts..........Persuasion__12-__3pts

Streetwise__14-__3pts..........PS (Int) Inventor__14-__3pts

SS (Int) Technology__14-__3pts..........SS (Int) Xeno-Technology__14-__3pts

KS (Int) Law__14-__3pts..........Electronics__14-__3pts

Mechanics__14-__3pts..........Security Systems__14-__3pts

Systems Operation__14-__3pts..........Weapon Smith Power Armor__14-__2pts

Inventor__14-__3pts

TOTAL Skills = 39pts

Combat Skills

Acrobatics__11-__2pts.........CSL: Power Suit Weapons +2 OCV__6pts

CSL: Melee +1 OCV__5pts.........CLS: Weapon Emulator (touch) +1 OCV__2pts

PSL: Range w/Suit Weapons +2 mod__4pts

TOTAL Combat Skills = 19pts

Perks / Talents

Wealth__10pts

Fring Benefit) Security Clearance--US Government__5pts

TOTAL = 15pts

Powers/Abilities

10pts__Natural Knack 4d6 Luck; Limited Power (Only for dealing with technology, -1)---AP 20

49pts total____Battle Armor Powered Systems)__Elemental Control: 42pt powers, -21 AP off cost. Extra Time (Full Phase to Activate only, -1/2); Restrainable (Must be able to move freely to activate powers, -1/4); OIF (-1/2)---AP 26

[9p]____Force Field)__14 PDr/14 EDr; END to Activate only (+1/4); Hardened (+1/4); Common Limitations (-1 1/4)---AP 42

[10]____Flight)__12", x4 NCM; Usable Underwater (+1/4), Half END (+1/4); Common Limitations (-1 1/4)---AP 43

[9]____Increased Strength)__+34 STR; END to Activate Only (+1/4); Common Limitations (-1 1/4)---AP 42

13____Better Resistance)__+10 CON; OIF (-1/2)---AP 20

18____Body Armor)__10 PDr / 8 EDr; OIF (-1/2)---AP 27

13____Increased Speed)__+2 SPD; OIF (-1/2)---AP 20

9____Life Support)__Safe Environment: Extreme Cold & heat [4]; Self Contained Breathing [10]; OIF (+1/2)---AP 14

23____Power System)__END Reserve: 150 END, 20 Rec; OIF (-1/2)---AP 35

10____Increased Reactions)__+5 DEX; OIF (-1/2)---AP 15

37pts total____Basic Weapon Systems)__Multipower: 60pts; OIF (-1/2); Restrainable (-1/2)---60

[3u]____Pulse Cannon)__Energy Blast: 8d6; Auto Fire (2-3shots, +1/4); Half END (+1/4); Common Limitations (-1)---AP 60

[2u]____Hard-Light, Heavy Blade Sword---“Sharp”)__HKA: 2d6; AOE One hex Accurate (+1/2); Half END (+1/4); Common Limitations (-1)---AP 52

[2u]____Hard-Light, Heavy Blade Sword---“Blunted”)__HA: 6d6; AOE One hex Accurate (+1/2); Half END (+1/4); Common Limitations (-1)---AP 52

33____Weapon Emulator)__VPP: 30pts, 15 Control; Only Attack Powers (-1/4); only to Mimic Technological Devices (-1), Burnout 15- (Permanent unless re-mimicked, applies only to slots, -1/4); Powers may only be as Powerful as Mimicked Device (-1/2); requires Successful HTH attack roll (-1/2); Suit to Device Contact required (-1)---AP 45

TOTAL Powers = 215pts

I don't have disadvantages yet.

I once tried to write up a spare character for a game that used powered armor. What I ended up doing was buying the entire suit as a vehicle, that had a multiform. It was both a Hayabusa Bike and a Power Armor Suit. I recall it being very cost effective, maybe to much so. I know that the character after buying all my stats, skills, powers, and the mech(vehicle, that was 60pts) he came out to be something like 250 points out of 350. Something to think about. And from all I have seen, building it as a vehicle is a valid concept, it perhaps a bit only munchkin side.

La Rose

I would have liked to do that...but the GM already put the cabash on power armored suits as vehicles. If it were a giant robot then it would be aplicable.

10pts__Natural Knack 4d6 Luck; Limited Power (Only for dealing with technology, -1)---AP 20

Given you are a power armor hero, a -1 might be a bit much of a limitation.

Battle Armor Powered Systems)__Elemental Control: 42pt powers, -21 AP off cost. Extra Time (Full Phase to Activate only, -1/2); Restrainable (Must be able to move freely to activate powers, -1/4); OIF (-1/2)---AP 26

I dont about your GM, but I wouldn't give any limitation for the restrainable, and not give -1/2 for the extra time to activate. For what the limitation does..its not worth a 1/4th, much less a 3/4th liitation on all of those powers.

[9p]____Force Field)__14 PDr/14 EDr; END to Activate only (+1/4); Hardened (+1/4); Common Limitations (-1 1/4)---AP 42

end to activate only isn't applicable to force fields by the standard rules.

[9]____Increased Strength)__+34 STR; END to Activate Only (+1/4); Common Limitations (-1 1/4)---AP 42

Same as above. Technically, every time you use strength, you are 'activating it' as you bout the characteristic as a power so you'ld pay end anyway.

[3u]____Pulse Cannon)__Energy Blast: 8d6; Auto Fire (2-3shots, +1/4); Half END (+1/4); Common Limitations (-1)---AP 60

Reduced end cost on autofire attacks costs more--it would be a +1/2 advantage.

So OIF is ok...

But how do I simulate the time it takes to have the PC put on the armor and such.

This is one of the things that really gets me with power armor is how to figure out the build and still have pts left for the character himself.

I should probably look into getting an ultimate book or something.

But can I do this...buy Armor with OIF, and then buy other powers with OIF, but with Link (-1/4) on them linking them to the Armor power, thus showing that with out that power he can't use them?

The new thought here is like this:

26)_____Armor: 15 PDr/15EDr; OIF (-1/2); Full Phase to Activate Only (-1/4)---AP 45

I then add in the suits other elements onto this with OIF (-1/2) and Linked (-1/4) to this power.

when I built the nanite armor it was not a focus it was to be apart of the character so it would be very hard to take away and not be destroyed should some enemy target it

I used HD to build it and I have all the warnings turned on

and yes you can use an FF in an EC and you can use the advantage costs end only to activate

I would not since once you are out of stun the FF turns off that is why I bought it 0 end persistant(does not turn off till you or the mentalist mind controlling you tells you to do so)

also considering that the base character is speed 2 before the armor is fully activated

and it takes 1 phase for the OHID and 2 phases for the extra time our hero here will be at 0 dcv for a minimum fo 18 segments DCV 3 for another 6 segments should he be ambushed

the character easy meat for a sinister GM and is well worth the limitations given

as for the luck considering it can only be used to figure things out it has no combat value it will not save his butt unless he is in those final moments trying to turn off the death ray or defuse a bomb

So OIF is ok...

But how do I simulate the time it takes to have the PC put on the armor and such.

This is one of the things that really gets me with power armor is how to figure out the build and still have pts left for the character himself.

I should probably look into getting an ultimate book or something.

But can I do this...buy Armor with OIF, and then buy other powers with OIF, but with Link (-1/4) on them linking them to the Armor power, thus showing that with out that power he can't use them?

The new thought here is like this:

26)_____Armor: 15 PDr/15EDr; OIF (-1/2); Full Phase to Activate Only (-1/4)---AP 45

I then add in the suits other elements onto this with OIF (-1/2) and Linked (-1/4) to this power.

how do I simulate the time it takes to have the PC put on the armor and such.

The time it takes to put the armr on is "built in" to the OIF value. Once the suit is on, there is no time limit to activate it.

But can I do this...buy Armor with OIF' date=' and then buy other powers with OIF, but with Link (-1/4) on them linking them to the Armor power, thus showing that with out that power he can't use them?[/quote']

I wouldn't allow it. Link is usually used to link two powers that cost End. The Armor power is always on as long as the suit is worn.

The other powers should be bought with the OIF armor limitation. The armor serves a focus for several powers including the armor power.