Wings of the Valkyrie... one more time.

CorPse

Re: Wings of the Valkyrie... one more time.

Nope, just noticed the thread.

I've been fighting the flu all week. Had to take a day off this week and everything :(

Deanna seems to have the flu, or at least a really bad cold, as well. If it's like hers, you have my sympathy. She's trying to finish up her second year of grad school... and this ain't helping.

BTW--I'm going to assume that you can't see eBay from your work, so when I post Wings this time, I'm going to set it up to end at 7pm PST.

Take care, man.

Deanna seems to have the flu, or at least a really bad cold, as well. If it's like hers, you have my sympathy. She's trying to finish up her second year of grad school... and this ain't helping.

BTW--I'm going to assume that you can't see eBay from your work, so when I post Wings this time, I'm going to set it up to end at 7pm PST.

Take care, man.

Cool, Thanks

Must confess that I will probably bid on it myself (But will probably not bid high enough for ti...)

Well, don't be so sure, you never know with these things. The auction will start on Sunday evening (Father's Day) and end the following Sunday. If you're in the Seattle area we might even be able to work out a local pickup.

I love it when Hero Boards folx win the Hero goodness. Who is more deserving than you guys?

Well' date=' don't be so sure, you never know with these things.[/quote']

True. When Monte Cook auctioned his copy, I managed to get it off eBay for $20. Felt like I had won the Holy Grail of Champions. :)

True. When Monte Cook auctioned his copy' date=' I managed to get it off eBay for $20. Felt like I had won the Holy Grail of Champions. :)[/quote']

Yes, for many Hero people, it is the last piece of the puzzle.

Hi

My understanding is that this book is out of print, not been sold by any company and that there are no future plans to re -release it any time soon.

The only place copies are being sold is on Ebay.

On the Dark Champs board i downloaded some out of print Espionage stuff for free, pretty much.

Maybe i'm a bit slow but i don't get the distinction- a hard to obtain product that everyone wants and here i am with a free copy.

In fact, forget about it...it sounds like an awful idea.

GJ:king:

Hi

My understanding is that this book is out of print, not been sold by any company and that there are no future plans to re -release it any time soon.

On the Dark Champs board i downloaded some out of print Espionage stuff for free, pretty much.

Maybe i'm a bit slow but i don't get the distinction- a hard to obtain product that everyone wants and here i am with a free copy.

Well, when you've got a game company where the Line Developer is a lawyer, I think a little caution is advised. That's my only point.

There's no reason for sarcasm.

Hi

You may be a bit slow. Copyright doesn't go away just because something is out of print.

If Hero released a free copy on the internet that was free to distribute, then you could do that.

GJ Here,

Of course i technically know that Copyright just doesn't go away, but i also don't see why some things such as Millennium's End is seemingly OK to publish and this out of print supplement isn't.

I am dead set against most kinds of online piracy, especially RPG wise, i once saw a Gadgets And Gear free download on a website- that's just plain wrong.

All i saw was a bunch of guys chewing over a great supplement they all USED TO have and could no longer get. That sucks too.

All I'm saying is that i am kind of tired of RPG companies not republishing old supplements in pdf form when theres clearly a market for it. It's almost certainly more complicated than that, i know. But i do find it frustrating.

Invaders From Below, Mystic Masters, Watchers Of The Dragon- all these things seem to be forever beyond the grasp of some of us. It just sucks.

Anyway, sorry for my earlier (mild) sarcasm, it was in no way meant to be offensive and i apologize.

Wings of the Valkyrie is a pretty cool supplement, though. They should definetly re- release it.

@godjam

I don’t think anyone took anything as being too far out there. But don’t take the cautions as a personal hit or anything.

Copyright’s can get complicated and many RPG companies operate at a narrow enough margin that the don’t even want the question to come up. Lets say that WotV was no longer under copyright and anyone can use it. So RPG Company A publishes a PDF version as part of a nostalgia pack (with 5th Ed updates included). Bubba Joe out in gaming land decides that he is the legal owner and sues RPG Company A. For the RPG Company that is lose lose. Even if they win the lawsuit they still lose because of lawyer fees, court costs and lord knows what else fees. It is much smarter and easier for the company to simply ignore anything that they do not clearly have ownership of.

Is this suckage for gamers out there? Sure it is, especially if you are trying to find those old classics. But that is life.:nonp:

Copyright’s can get complicated and many RPG companies operate at a narrow enough margin that the don’t even want the question to come up. Lets say that WotV was no longer under copyright and anyone can use it. So RPG Company A publishes a PDF version as part of a nostalgia pack (with 5th Ed updates included). Bubba Joe out in gaming land decides that he is the legal owner and sues RPG Company A. For the RPG Company that is lose lose. Even if they win the lawsuit they still lose because of lawyer fees' date=' court costs and lord knows what else fees. It is much smarter and easier for the company to simply ignore anything that they do not clearly have ownership of. [/quote']

This is by no means limited to RPG's. A lot of lawsuits of dubious or no merits get settled with a payoff because it's cheaper than going to court. That, of course, encourages more lawsuits of dubious or no merits, and lawyers taking them on for contingency fees.

But I'm treading into NGD here...

This is by no means limited to RPG's. A lot of lawsuits of dubious or no merits get settled with a payoff because it's cheaper than going to court. That, of course, encourages more lawsuits of dubious or no merits, and lawyers taking them on for contingency fees.

But I'm treading into NGD here...

Yup...it really gets kinda nasty for the smaller businessman.

And to nudge it kinda back ;)

In this case if a item was posted to the boards for download it could place Hero as a company at risk because their site, these boards, hosted it.

In general terms like Napster with music sharing. Not the same but same in concept...