Fusions that aren't actually all that nightmarish

Clonus

Sailor Moon is a Harsh Mistress: In the 40th century, once a world-saving superheroine, after re-establishing the Moon Kingdom, the immortal Neo-Queen Serenity appears to have gone mad. The Moon Kingdom dominates Earth with the threat of it's mass-driver which can destroy any city on the planet below. They extract tribute and forbid any attempts to develop space flight. The PCs are rebels out to defeat this tyranny and give humanity the stars.

Trex-Files: The Federation Bureau of Investigation handles cases that cross planetary jurisdictions or which exceed the resources of local police agencies so that they need to ask for help. But when certain cases seem just too implausibly weird or just plain trivial to warrant serious investigation they hand them off to an underfunded and understaffed office used as a dumping ground for misfits...

Re: Fusions that aren't actually all that nightmarish

During the WDYWTS discussion for CCC I mentioned a crime lab, and someone else (I forget who) related it as CSI: Millennium City. Steve integrated the crime lab into Angelstone Laboratories, and apparently took the CSI suggestion to heart when he wrote the paragraph headed Angelstone Investigators on page 16 of CCC.

• 2 weeks later...

Indiana Jones & the Call of Cthulhu

I've actually played in a "Pulp-thulhu" game and it's a lot of fun. Still danger and sanity loss, but you're just a little more likely to survive past the first gaming session. ;)

How would that work?

remember max was created to be an obiedeant soldier while jeannie was cursed after spurning the blue djinn to spend eternity as a magic powered slave

now if manticore got hold of jeannies bottle and released her they would command her to add her powers to their subjects abilites using max for a guinea pig

can you imagine somebody with the abilities of BOTH max and jeannie?

remember max was created to be an obiedeant soldier while jeannie was cursed after spurning the blue djinn to spend eternity as a magic powered slave

now if manticore got hold of jeannies bottle and released her they would command her to add her powers to their subjects abilites using max for a guinea pig

can you imagine somebody with the abilities of BOTH max and jeannie?

No, I can't. Jeannie was virtually omnipotent, except that she was an idiot.

I still can't get over the thought of a woman like Barbara Eden in her prime calling me Master. Yeah' date=' I went there. So What?:eg:[/quote']

Yeah, what he said. If anyone was an idiot it was Major Nelson. Did he even have a pulse?

Exhibit A:

Jeannie.png

Is exhibit B really necessary? No, but I'll show that one, anyway!

BarbaraEden.png

:love: :love:

Yeah' date=' what [i']he [/i]said. If anyone was an idiot it was Major Nelson. Did he even have a pulse?

This was the 1960s, when TV executives had to answer to the prudes in their midst. Even the little skin Jeannie showed was controversial -- her costume had to be designed specifically to conceal her navel.

This was the 1960s' date=' when TV executives had to answer to the prudes in their midst. Even the little skin Jeannie showed was controversial -- her costume had to be designed specifically to [i']conceal her navel[/i].

I know all that. It's just that even at the time there was a glaring disconnect between Major Nelson's allowed behavior towards Jeannie and what every male in America was thinking. I didn't know about sex back then, but even I could tell that Tony was often being arbitrarily unkind to Jeannie. Of course, I hadn't learned the phrase "Because the script says so" (nor the network censor, neither).

Edit: ISTR looking in National Geographic Magazine and seeing, in the front, advertisements for beach resorts with pictures of girls wearing bikinis but without navels (I later learned they had been airbrushed out). After the ads, many of the articles featured loads of pictures of "primitive people" who, just about all, had navels. I'm not condemning poor Tony Nelson, but commenting on the schizophrenic attitude that simultaneously lauded "swingers" but carefully hid any reference to what was swinging.

I know all that. It's just that even at the time there was a glaring disconnect between Major Nelson's allowed behavior towards Jeannie and what every male in America was thinking. I didn't know about sex back then, but even I could tell that Tony was often being arbitrarily unkind to Jeannie. Of course, I hadn't learned the phrase "Because the script says so" (nor the network censor, neither).

Edit: ISTR looking in National Geographic Magazine and seeing, in the front, advertisements for beach resorts with pictures of girls wearing bikinis but without navels (I later learned they had been airbrushed out). After the ads, many of the articles featured loads of pictures of "primitive people" who, just about all, had navels. I'm not condemning poor Tony Nelson, but commenting on the schizophrenic attitude that simultaneously lauded "swingers" but carefully hid any reference to what was swinging.

The times produced even worse examples. The central relationship of Bewitched was borderline abusive, with a tyrannical husband trying to supress everything his wife was for his own convenience. It was only his utter failure at that task that made it humorous instead of horrific.

Supernatural: The Legacy - Sam & Dean Winchester have done some great work ... and that's been notice by Derek Reins and the Legacy House. Recruiting the young upstarts into the their fold, the Legacy gets a strong lesson in just what it means to battle the supernatural.

(For additional flavor, toss Jason Vorhees in the mix or the store in Friday the 13th the Series)

Knighthawks - Michael Knight. Jesse Mach. Two men with the same mission: defeat crime and defend the innocent. Once their methods were seperate ... now, under the direction of FLAG, they are partners against the modern criminal.

(For additional flavor, mix in a toned down version of M.A.S.K.'s V.E.N.O.M. for foes and a guest appearance from The Highwayman)

Trekwars: Turns out the Bajoran wormhole went somewhere else, the Lesser Magellanic Cloud to be precise, ruled by a gigantic empire who eagerly took the opportunity for expansion. In some ways they were less technologically advanced but they made up for it with the sheer resources of an empire which controls an entire galaxy (if a rather small one), allowing them to build fleets of ten times as many ships, each over ten times as large as those of the Federation. Hit and run tactics using the Federation's ability to quickly move in and out of subspace allowed the comparatively tiny Federation vessels to inflict disportionate casualties on the foe but still they are losing. And then a new enemy weapon appears, a mobile station hundreds of miles across. The only hope for the beleagered Federation is a single cloaked scout ship that slipped across the wormhole. If it can somehow make contact with the domestic enemies of the Empire, get them to rise up...

The times produced even worse examples. The central relationship of Bewitched was borderline abusive' date=' with a tyrannical husband trying to supress everything his wife was for his own convenience. It was only his utter failure at that task that made it humorous instead of horrific.[/quote']

Darren's pimp hand was weak, that's all. I mean, they replaced him with another actor in the middle of the show's run and no one cared. Major Nelson would have put Samantha in check immediately. I know... I can't seem to come back from there now that I've gone.

Darren's pimp hand was weak' date=' that's all. I mean, they replaced him with another actor in the middle of the show's run and no one cared. Major Nelson would have put Samantha in check immediately. I know... I can't seem to come back from there now that I've gone.[/quote']

wasn't that due to dick york having cancer?

Darren's pimp hand was weak' date=' that's all. I mean, they replaced him with another actor in the middle of the show's run and no one cared.[/quote']Skip is close -- Dick York left the show due to a debilitating back injury. The producers were forced to either replace him, cancel the show, or continue the show without the character of Darrin Stephens, and back then that last option was not really available.

Viewers cared, but understood.

Supernatural: The Legacy - Sam & Dean Winchester have done some great work ... and that's been notice by Derek Reins and the Legacy House. Recruiting the young upstarts into the their fold, the Legacy gets a strong lesson in just what it means to battle the supernatural.

(For additional flavor, toss Jason Vorhees in the mix or the store in Friday the 13th the Series)

Knighthawks - Michael Knight. Jesse Mach. Two men with the same mission: defeat crime and defend the innocent. Once their methods were seperate ... now, under the direction of FLAG, they are partners against the modern criminal.

(For additional flavor, mix in a toned down version of M.A.S.K.'s V.E.N.O.M. for foes and a guest appearance from The Highwayman)

You know, the both of those would be fun.

wasn't that due to dick york having cancer?

Skip is close -- Dick York left the show due to a debilitating back injury. The producers were forced to either replace him, cancel the show, or continue the show without the character of Darrin Stephens, and back then that last option was not really available.

Viewers cared, but understood.

I forgot to show that I was in irony mode. I am not heartless. I just tell tasteless jokes from time to time