Looking For Some Trek Help

Vondy

Okay, I am hoping someone can help me out with some trek write-ups. I'm looking for any of the following:

Ships

1. Akira Class
  2. Sovereign Class
  3. Klingon Bird of Prey
  4. Romulan Warbird

Also, any canonical characters would be good, as would "stock characters." The caveat: not in hero designer format. I don't have that. In specific, however, I would love write-ups (or advice on writing up) any of the following.

1. Kira Nerys
  2. Nog
  3. Quark
  4. Elim Garak
  5. Gul Dukat
  6. Ryker
  7. Barclay
  8. Data
  9. Worf
  10. Trip
  11. T'Pol
  12. Hoshi
  13. Kirk
  14. Bones
  15. Spock

Re: Looking For Some Trek Help

The "Star Trek HERO" page from Star HERO Fandom that TheQuestionMan linked to above is probably the best place to start for such write-ups. I know that the free files have at least a few of the characters you requested. IIRC some ships are statted as well, although I don't recall if they include the ones you want.

I checked that site out and downloaded the five rule-book files. Its an interesting approach, and while I won't use the info as is, its a great resource. It does have the defiant in it, which is very cool. It doesn't have the other ships. I saw the characters, but they are in .hdp and .hdc format. I don't have Hero Designer so I would need export versions.

I recommend Memory Alpha, a wiki that has everything debated in the Star Trek universe including links to other online debates. The only drawback is that it is frequently too much information and limits itself to permitted sources.

http://memory-alpha.org

I have memory alpha bookmarked. And the game I'm going to run is going to use on-screen canon as a baseline (though the future is wide open and those things left vague or contradictions in canon we'll decide for ourselves). I'm really looking for Hero resources - write-ups and the like.

Star Trek Role Playing Game by FASA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_RPG_(FASA)

Prime Directive Role Playing Game by Task Force Games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Directive_(role-playing_game)

Star Trek Role Playing Game by Last Unicorn Games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_RPG_(Last_Unicorn)

Star Trek Role Playing Game by Decipher, Inc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Roleplaying_Game_(Decipher)

I own GURPS Prime Directive by Amarillo Design Bureau. While the Characters Attributes, Advantages, Disadvantages, Quirks, and Skills are Conversion-able the Vehicles are not.

It is also an "Alternate" Star Trek Universe, so no main characters. The other systems I am not familiar with.

Good luck...

QM

Vondy

There was a Star Trek ship design system originally written for LUGTrek posted here http://www.trek-rpg.net/ for a while. They appear to be re-building the site and I cannot find the files anymore. They were actually written by Steve Long years ago. They were free for DL and not for sale. PM me with an address and I can send them.

Unless Steve objects of course....

Okay, I am hoping someone can help me out with some trek write-ups. I'm looking for any of the following:

Ships

1. Akira Class
  2. Sovereign Class
  3. Klingon Bird of Prey
  4. Romulan Warbird

Is that a TOS Romulan Warbird, or a Next Gen. Romulan Warbird?

Also, any canonical characters would be good, as would "stock characters." The caveat: not in hero designer format. I don't have that. In specific, however, I would love write-ups (or advice on writing up) any of the following.

1. Kira Nerys
  2. Nog
  3. Quark
  4. Elim Garak
  5. Gul Dukat
  6. Ryker
  7. Barclay
  8. Data
  9. Worf
  10. Trip
  11. T'Pol
  12. Hoshi
  13. Kirk
  14. Bones
  15. Spock

#7 will be a fun writeup, I do believe.

Any reason why you left out:

ToS: Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, Chekov, Yeoman Rand :love:

Next Gen: Geordi La Forge, Deanna Troi, Picard, Beverly/Wesley Crusher

DS9: Chief O'Brien, Quark, Jadzia/Ezri Dax, Dr. Bashir, Sisko, Odo, Morn

Voyager: All of them? Not even a mention for 7? :love:

Enterprise: Phlox, Archer, Reed, Travis

The last 4 pages of the FASATrek pdf have Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Sulu, although their Disads need fleshing out.

I don't remember who I included in the TNG PDF.

Can you give me a direct link to the file. I downloaded TNG adaptation files, but I'm not sure which other file you are referring to.

Is that a TOS Romulan Warbird' date=' or a Next Gen. Romulan Warbird?[/quote']

I prefer TNG-DS9 Era write-ups for the ships. The game will start in 2377 - two years after the Dominion War.

Any reason why you left out:

I'd take a write-up of any canonical character, but I was focusing characters I either planned on using, or who fit an archetype I could extrapolate other characters from so as not to ask for "too much."

ToS: Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, Chekov, Yeoman Rand :love:

All good. I like TOS. Never had a Rand "thing," but don't object to her, either.

Next Gen: Geordi La Forge' date=' Deanna Troi, Picard, Beverly/Wesley Crusher[/quote']

All good. Well, I don't really want a Wesley write-up. But hey....

DS9: Chief O'Brien' date=' Quark, Jadzia/Ezri Dax, Dr. Bashir, Sisko, Odo, Morn[/quote']

I'd happily take all of them. DS9 is my favorite Trek. I'd even take Gul Dukat!

Voyager: All of them? Not even a mention for 7? :love:[/Quote]

I hated Voyager with an all abiding passion. I did think Paris, Kim, and Seven were good characters and well handled. I'd take their write-ups.

Enterprise: Phlox' date=' Archer, Reed, Travis[/quote']

I like the whole ensemble - especially Archer, Phlox, Trip, T'Pol, and Hoshi. I'm not a big Reed fan, but I'd take.

Can you give me a direct link to the file. I downloaded TNG adaptation files' date=' but I'm not sure which other file you are referring to.[/quote']

I believe Eodin is referring to the file for the FASA Trek game conversion, focussing on the original series' universe, which you can download here. The link is a little hard to spot on the Trek HERO page.