Crow-Like Humanoid

Ragnarok

Greetings HEROes. I need your help in finding/creating a particular creature for my campaign.

For those of you who know what Kenku are, it's pretty much the same thing. For those who don't, I'm envisioning a race of small, crow-like humanoids, standing about 4 feet tall, weighing around 65-70 pounds. Humanoid skeletal structure (2 arms, 2 legs) but with crow's feet, feathers, and "hands" (3 talon-like fingers and a thumb). Here's a picture to clarify what I'm talking about: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/iw_kenku.jpg

In fact, to make this easier, why don't I just link the page so you know what I need: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040912b&page=4

Basically, what I'm looking for is a conversion to HERO stats. I would also like to make sure that the new version includes that they have great eyesight and work best in large groups, overwhelming enemies by sheer numbers rather than individual prowess.

Thanks!

Re: Crow-Like Humanoid

Looks simple enough.

I'd stat up the taloned feet as 1d3 HKA (1d6+1 with Str) and the beak as 1d6 HKA (1.5d6 HKA). Depending on the power level of the setting I would probably make them both Reduced Armour Penetration.

If they are small birdlike humanoids then they might well have a couple less points of Body than average. You might want to drop their Con as well but the Crowlike in your picture looks quite hardy and it's best not to make them too frail.

To balance out this lightness of body and to suggest the speed and agility of a bird I'd give them a bonus of +2 to Dex.

Eyesight is simply a matter of Enhanced Perception, +X to Sight Group.

Best way to make them work well in groups is to give them the Racial Ability - Teamwork, Only With Other Crowlikes (-1/2). 2 Points.

If you want to go further then allow Crowlike characters to buy CSLs with the Limitation 'Requires A Succesful Teamwork Roll' (-1/2). You could even give them a Martial Art based on swarming or mobbing a target, the Martial Manouevres of which also require a succesful Teamwork Roll.

I can imagine teams of such creatures forming elite assassination squads. Go Crow-Ninjas!

• 2 weeks later...