Champions Battlegrounds has arrived!

BishopofB&W

A big thanks for all the nice words about the maps. It was a fantasy map that I first showed to Steve when I approached him about doing art for this new DoJ company way back pre-Fred. He liked it and other pieces enough to give me work, for which I am grateful. The last year-plus has been undescribably cool.

Thanks again, everyone. This is the project I have sweated on more than any other. I really wanted to make something that I would want to buy. Also, something with more than one use. I asked to do the baseball field as an extra. It's not really needed by the scenario, but how many times has that adventure with the charity ball game between heroes come up?

I'd love to do fold-out Battlemat style maps, like in the Resource Kit. Unfortunately, they don't look feasible in the near future. Maybe some kind of pdf that can be printed out and pieced together. In any case, whenever possible, I have included a scaled hex grid so that someone with photocopy-fu can make a mat out of it.

Scott, sorry about your credits. At least you're on the street next to the warehouse. BTW, the lake in the park is named for my daughter and the baseball field is named for my wife. How cool is that?

Also, I agree about the cover. It packs a lot of punch and just screams Comic Book Action! Excellent job, Chris. Derek, I envy you having your brain-child so well displayed.

Also, big thanks to the writers. They did a lot of research and gave me some excellently thought-out roughs. If you guys are map junkies, check out Shades of Black. Allen has made a mansion in there that I plan to use over and over. And I don't even run super-hero genre anymore!

Finally, while we're plugging things. Everyone cross your fingers that this sells well. I really want to do Star Hero Battlegrounds and Fantasy Battlegrounds (and Pulp Battlegrounds and Dark Champions Battlegrounds, and Western Battlegrounds and... well, you get the idea.)

Keith "Thanks again" Curtis

I love my Epson Stylus Photo 820 printer. Has an AWESOME option to make poster-sized prints out of a one-page file. I just say how many pages wide and long i want it and it scales it for me. I do that with any map I can use. Scale it so the hexes are 1". Too much fun.

Again, nice work Keith. I'll be blowing your maps up for sure.

Naming Secrets

Speaking of people's names... Just wanted to throw a shout out. In the park: the English Garden is named after Steve's Dad; I think that the Avairy is named for Darren's dad and the sports complex is named for my dad.

Each of the Statues is named for a former Hero "big wig" -- except the one that is named for my friend Chris (Lightning Rod was his character).

There -- hidden secrets from the Park.

Peace out -- Andy

Re: Re: Re: Champions Battlegrounds

Originally posted by assault

I've been playing since 1e. My conventions are:

Hero System = the whole generic system.

Champions = Superhero roleplaying using the Hero System.

It just happens that I am using the Hero System for superhero ropeplaying at the moment. Therefore I am playing ***Champions***.

Alan

Well, all right! Another Champions old timer. BTW, I am not old. :) I have got to check this book out. Now if only my gaming store would do better than getting it 2 or 3 months (sometimes more) after it's out. Anyways, the book sounds cool!

Originally posted by Scott Heine

A duchy, you say? Heh... I've never had my own kingdom before... Nifty! :)

Hey, how about a planet in some Star Hero book? No, wait! An entire galaxy! :D

So what's it going to be named? Heineshire? Norheinebria? Heinevania? Peoples Democratic Republic of Heine?

I would like to say great job to everyone on this product. But I pretty sure my GM will kill me if I read it*. So I can't. I hope it does well for you.

*Don't worry I still bought it anyway. I have to support my favorite authors. It will just have to sit on the shelf for a bit.