Unworkable Premises for a Campaign

Clonus

Re: Unworkable Premises for a Campaign

Alright, if there's room - I have a rough sketch I need to fill out some more. Maybe fill in the gaps in the 70s . . . Assuming you want/need another player. I have to actually fill out their personality a little more, and their background a lot more.

Basic premise: Fast Brick; high spd, high def, nah much else.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submitted for your approval:

Super Model

Marenka Novak

Player: Matt the Bruins

Val Char Cost

50 STR 40

15 DEX 15

20 CON 20

19 BODY 18

14 INT 4

15 EGO 10

25 PRE 15

30 COM 10

10 PD 0 Total: 30 PD (20 rPD)

4 ED 0 Total: 14 ED (10 rED)

4 SPD 15

14 REC 0

55 END 8

49 STUN 0

Movement: Running 6"/12"

Flight: 20"/40"

Total Characteristics Cost: 155

Cost Powers END

12 Unearthly Beauty: Elemental Control, 55-point powers, Powers Only Work On Men (-1),

All Powers Reduced Proportionately By Drain vs. COM (-1/4)

a-10 1) Turn Every Head: Sight Group Flash 2 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (8” Radius, +1 1/4), Continuous (+1),

Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Always On (-1/2), Only Works On Men (-1),

Reduced Proportionately by Drain vs. COM (-1/4) [0]

b-13 2) Make Men Fall All Over Themselves: Drain DEX 3d6, Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2),

Gestures (-1/4), Only Works On Men (-1), Reduced Proportionately by Drain vs. COM (-1/4) [0]

40 Jet Set: Flight 20” [4]

45 Flawless Skin: Armor (20 PD/10 ED)

6 Fabulous Life: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Immunity: Alcohol;

Longevity: 200 Years; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

Martial Arts: Catfight

Cost Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Slap: 0 OCV, +2 DCV, 12d6

5 Kick: -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 14d6

4 Face Claw: -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND

3 Hair Pull: -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab , 60 STR

4 Take Away: -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm, 60 STR

Cost Skill

3 +1 with Unearthly Beauty Powers and PRE Attacks

3 High Society 14-

4 PS: Fashion Model 15-

3 Seduction 14-

0 Language: Czech (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

3 Language: English (fluent conversation; literate)

5 Language: French (fluent conversation; literate)

Cost Perk

1 Fringe Benefit: Passport

10 Money: Wealthy

4 Reputation: supermodel (Western World) 11-, +2/+2d6

15 Contact: Fashion Industry (Contact has useful Skills or resources), Organization

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 195

200+ Disadvantages

10 Dependent NPC: Sam Ballantine (agent) 11- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

15 Distinctive Features: stunningly beautiful (Concealable, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction)

10 Hunted: groupies 14- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID, Watching)

15 Hunted: paparazzi 14- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID, Watching)

20 Hunted: tabloids 14- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID, Mildly Punish)

10 Psychological Limitation: Demanding (Common, Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Vain (Very Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: diva, 11-

10 Rivalry: Gisele Bundchen: Professional (More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate

Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

5 Rivalry: Heidi Klum: Professional (As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival;

Rival Aware of Rivalry)

5 Rivalry: Kate Moss: Professional (As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival;

Rival Aware of Rivalry)

5 Rivalry: Cameron Diaz: Professional and Romantic (As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or

Humiliate Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry)

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Marenka Novak) (Frequently, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Total Points: 350

s640x480

1962: Sentinel returns from his outer space exile, going to college as Jack Jacobs and meeting ?

1968: Sentinel meets ? again while helping Atlantis fight the Deep Ones.

"?" seems to be "the Mermaid".

OK, well, while I've been dragging my feet and mucking around, I do have a name for her.

Her name is Neraea (pronounced "Neraya"), or "Neri" for short. She's a member of a distinguished Atlantean family/clan called the Nereidae, who claim descent from the Greek sea god Nereus. That is, she's technically what are sometimes referred to as a "Nereid", although the term doesn't necessarily mean what it is understood as in the surface world. Neraea, for what's it's worth, is an exceedingly common name for female members of the Nereidae, since it basically means "female member of the Nereidae"!

Atlanteans don't use surnames, as such. There's not a lot of them, after all. When they do use them on the surface, they tend to use variations on their clan names.

The result of this is that Neraea of the Nereidae goes by the name "Neri Nereus" on the surface. If/when she superheroes up, she would probably just refer to herself as "the Mermaid", or simply "Mermaid".

So those are the names that should replace "?".

And, for the record, she probably isn't the mother of Awkwardman. ;)

I was just figuring that the machine just enhanced her physically

she just plays up the cat motif

if say a cat had been in the machine with her and the 2 where combined and then enhanced I could see the night vision but then I would also see the need for claws and a penchant for stalking and or playing with her prey(no code vs killing)

she is more the get in and get out type

and flirty when she has the time

as for the extreme rep she is good and a wanted commodity hence the watched by government and past employers(and does not wish to go to jail again)

Mystery hunted would be for a past victim of one of her thefts and they are holding a grudge

You're totally set on being an unstoppable butt-kicking machine. Whatever. But isn't it odd for a cat-themed superhuman to have no night vision? Also' date=' "thief" is not an extreme reputation.[/quote']

I like the character' date=' but why does she have an ashtray on her head?:rolleyes:[/quote']

Clearly' date=' you have no grasp of fashion.[/quote']

assault gets it in one. Instead of one particular uniform, Marenka wears a constantly-changing assortment of runway outfits. Kind of like Janet van Dyne, if rather than wings her signature look depended on ridiculous hats.

[Threadjack] Just to throw out another Unworkable Premise...

AVENGERS in BABYSITTING!

[/Thradjack]

Is it technically a threadjack to mention the original topic of a thread that's drifted to the point of metamorphosis....

Gotta find my netiquette handbook...

assault gets it in one. Instead of one particular uniform' date=' Marenka wears a constantly-changing assortment of runway outfits. Kind of like Janet van Dyne, if rather than wings her signature look depended on ridiculous hats.[/quote']

Out of curiosity, wouldn't her Stunning Beauty powers be limited to "People that would find her physically/sexually attractive" more than strictly men? Lesbians/Bisexual women might be effect and strongly gay men probably wouldn't be or asexuals of either gender. .

Out of curiosity' date=' wouldn't her Stunning Beauty powers be limited to "People that would find her physically/sexually attractive" more than strictly men? Lesbians/Bisexual women might be effect and strongly gay men probably wouldn't be or asexuals of either gender. .[/quote']

Maybe. For those attracted it would invoke feelings towards the desire/lust end; for those not sexually attracted but unable to deny their Stunning Beauty it could invoke along either worship/sychofant or jealousy range.

Out of curiosity' date=' wouldn't her Flash be limited to "People that would find her physically/sexually attractive" more than strictly men?[/quote']

Not to mention the "always on" aspect will make it very difficult to interact with men generally.

Have you though about doing something like: Mind Control: Telepathic command "Pay attention to me." Area of effect. No range. Appropriate Sexual orientation only.

Maybe. For those attracted it would invoke feelings towards the desire/lust end; for those not sexually attracted but unable to deny their Stunning Beauty it could invoke along either worship/sychofant or jealousy range.

But in that case wouldn't they effect practically everyone? The impression I had was that her looks were so incredible she's makes people look at her so intensely and reflexively they're largely blind to what's going on around them and fall all over themselves either trying to get her attention or out of sheer distraction so it was more of sexual/beauty effect.

Also being always on would make it really difficult to just interact with men at all. I'd suggest a different power than Flash for the first effect, maybe CE that reduces Perception and Dex rolls due to distraction or a mind control: Stare at me in awe/desire/lust with the "visual range" modifiers from The Ultimate Energy Projector

Edit: Or maybe Int rolls for the CE or in addition to the other effects.

But in that case wouldn't they effect practically everyone? The impression I had was that her looks were so incredible she's makes people look at her so intensely and reflexively they're largely blind to what's going on around them and fall all over themselves either trying to get her attention or out of sheer distraction so it was more of sexual/beauty effect.

Also being always on would make it really difficult to just interact with men at all. I'd suggest a different power than Flash for the first effect, maybe CE that reduces Perception and Dex rolls due to distraction or a mind control: Stare at me in awe/desire/lust with the "visual range" modifiers from The Ultimate Energy Projector

1. Yeah, good point. You could just interpret "Only Men" as "Only those sexually atttraced to them" which is normally how I read things of that nature, unless it really is obviously gender specific.

2. I think you're righta CE with negatives to PER is probably more appropriate. But the Flash is certainly more interesting :)

Alright, if Clonus wants another player - the campaign idea is certainly intriguing and got my attention with potential game fun.

Tasha Chernova

Val Char Cost

30 STR 20

15 DEX 15

29 CON 38

19 BODY 18

13 INT 3

12 EGO 4

15 PRE 5

14 COM 2

12/30 PD 6

12/30 ED 6

7 SPD 45

12 REC 0

58 END 0

49 STUN 0

20" RUN 28

10" SWIM 8

8" LEAP 2

Characteristics Cost: 200

Cost Power

54 Unbreakable: Armor (18 PD/18 ED)

10 Unmutable: Power Defense (10 points)

7 Hardened Mind: Mental Defense (9 points total)

6 Sight Group Flash Defense (6 points)

4 Umoveable Object: Knockback Resistance -2"

14 Altered Physiology: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Extended Breathing: 1 END per 5 Minutes; Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per year)

15 Unbreakable: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%

Powers Cost: 110

Cost Skill

3 Acrobatics 12-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Climbing 12-

3 Contortionist 12-

3 Conversation 12-

3 High Society 12-

2 KS: Buddhism 11-

3 Linguist

1 1) Language: French (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

1 2) Language: German (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

1 3) Language: Hindi (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

2 4) Language: Russian (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

2 PS: Athlete 11-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Streetwise 12-

Skills Cost: 36

Cost Talent

4 Double Jointed

Talents Cost: 4

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Mystery Hunted

20 Dependent NPC: Boyfriend: Dominic 8- (Incompetent; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

10 Distinctive Features: Tattoos (sleeves, large tattoo on her back and stomach) (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Hunted: Brother, Sergei 8- (Less Pow, Capture/Locate)

10 Hunted: Old Enemies 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Athletic Competative Streak (Very Common, Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Initiate Violence/Pacifist (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code Vs Killing (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Vegan (Uncommon, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

5 Social Limitation: Vegitarian (Occasionally, Minor)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Background

Tasha grew up to a moderately wealthy family. She had a gift for athletics, and grew up a bit of a tomboy. She trained as an olypmic runner in her teenage years, but never made the olympic teams. She was good enough, but luck never seemed to fall on her side when the US team was formed. That didn't stop her from competing at the national level, training for tri-athalons and similar events. She met the Sentinel through charity and outreach programs related to the various sports organizations she worked with. The two became romantically linked over a happy eight months, and then distant through a marriage that barely limped to it's second year before they divorced. Her powers prevented her from professionally competing again, and she spiraled into a depression after the divorce, then her mother passed away. Tasha didn't know what else to do so she disappeared for nearly six years. What she did during that time was test the absolute limits of her endurance - by running across the Sarah Desert and then swimming from the Ethiopian Cost to India. There she became enamored of the Buddhist philosophies, slowly coming out of her depression.

She contacted her only brother then, letting him know she was still out there and alive. Then she made her way back slowly through Russia, Germany and France, living for at least a few years in each place. It was over a decade before she set foot on American soil again, and even then she faded into the background, rarely using her abilities (though a few run ins have garnered her a few enemies as she occasionally tried "to do the right and good thing". It was this period that she added her tattoos, in a sort of teenage rebellion several decades after her teenage years ended. Every now and then, usually when she finds herself in a foreign country, she sends he brother a postcard. He's desperately trying to track her down at this point, though their father has all but disowned her for slights imagined and real to their families reputation.

Personality/Motivation

Tasha comes off as either too serious or dour to most people. She's quiet and very slow to anger. She is still feeling a bit stung by her marriage to The Sentinel, her attachments to boyfriends rarely last more than a few years, and she's turned down two marriage proposals to date. She's willing to go along with being a Super Heroine simply because she knows she can protect the innocent and feels a rising duty to do so.

There are other ways besides violence. And hitting me won't do you much good anyways.

Powers/Tactics

Tasha is very fast, and very tough. She has no serious combat training, and does all she can to avoid fighting in the first place. She's not amazingly strong but if she has space to get moving she can still pack a solid hit when absolutely necessary. Even if she does get invovled in a fight she simply takes the hits and extricates herself from the situation. If others are involved, especially fragile innocents she'll either get them clear or as an absolute last resort fight back.

Appearance

Tasha is a tall woman of Russian decent, with a well toned athlete's body. At this point she is in her forties, but with her abilities is as fit as she was in her twenties, and doesn't look much older. She has green eyes, black hair and dresses conservatively most of the time. Her tattoos consist of a large red lotus flower in her back, with the image of the Buddha in the center. From her shoulders to a few inches above the wrist her arms are sleeved. The left arm is a series of celtic knotwork in blues and greens, intersperced with various Tibeten phrases related to Buddhist ideals. Her right arm is a more erratic tribal pattern in reds and blacks. The two patterns meet and mesh across the top of her back. On her stomach she has a series of blooming white roses.

--

I found the creation process a bit interesting, not sure I'm completely and entirely happy with all of it, but I think she might be an interesting addition to the team.

12/30 PD 6

12/30 ED 6

54 Unbreakable: Armor (18 PD/18 ED)

10 Unmutable: Power Defense (10 points)

It was this period that she added her tattoos, in a sort of teenage rebellion several decades after her teenage years ended.

How does someone with 30 PD get a tattoo?

I like the character, BTW.

Out of curiosity' date=' wouldn't her Stunning Beauty powers be limited to "People that would find her physically/sexually attractive" more than strictly men? Lesbians/Bisexual women might be effect and strongly gay men probably wouldn't be or asexuals of either gender. .[/quote']

I thought about that, but in my experience lots of gay men are completely fascinated by supermodel types and similar entertainment divas–they don't want to have sex with them, but such women still strongly command their attention. (Hey, something about the concept drew me in, right? ;)) Admittedly this aspect of the build may break down with regard to lesbian women; among the ones I know there's a roughly even split between those unconcerned with physical appearance and those who react to it in the same manner as straight men. I'd be happy to leave that up to the GM should he throw a lesbian super-villainess at us. Or I could just change the limitation to Does Not Affect Heterosexual Women, which would still be about 50% of the total population.

I looked at Mind Control, but the Flash power seemed to more correctly model what I was aiming for in that it's a purely visual effect that could be blocked by eyewear that alters how one sees, or simply looking away once people realize how she's affecting them. And I wanted the power to make it difficult for Marenka to interact with men–it's at least partially responsible for breaking up her marriage, after all. I'm envisioning lots of conversations that have to be repeated to distracted men, bumbling service in restaurants and shops, etc. that annoy her to no end. But I hadn't considered a Change Environment build - I'll look into that and see if I can work up an effect that has the right flavor.

[Threadjack]

AVENGERS in BABYSITTING!

[/Thradjack]

I considered doing something like this. Not as a permanent campaign theme but as an "adventure" where the PCs are assigned to take care a mutant with awesome power that unfortunately manifested his powers at 6 or 7 years old.

I thought about that' date=' but in my experience lots of gay men are completely fascinated by supermodel types and similar entertainment divas–they don't want to [i']have sex[/i] with them, but such women still strongly command their attention. (Hey, something about the concept drew me in, right? ;)) Admittedly this aspect of the build may break down with regard to lesbian women; among the ones I know there's a roughly even split between those unconcerned with physical appearance and those who react to it in the same manner as straight men. I'd be happy to leave that up to the GM should he throw a lesbian super-villainess at us. Or I could just change the limitation to Does Not Affect Heterosexual Women, which would still be about 50% of the total population.

I looked at Mind Control, but the Flash power seemed to more correctly model what I was aiming for in that it's a purely visual effect that could be blocked by eyewear that alters how one sees, or simply looking away once people realize how she's affecting them. And I wanted the power to make it difficult for Marenka to interact with men–it's at least partially responsible for breaking up her marriage, after all. I'm envisioning lots of conversations that have to be repeated to distracted men, bumbling service in restaurants and shops, etc. that annoy her to no end. But I hadn't considered a Change Environment build - I'll look into that and see if I can work up an effect that has the right flavor.

Works for me. I hope I didn't come across as trying to tell you how to build your character, thats between you and the GM. I was just tossing out some suggestions

Loved the hat btw. I can SO see that on a runway. lol