Paper Minis and Terrain for download

MisterVimes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scanner Availability

Originally posted by Strike13

As soon as I get a scanner I would be more than happy to share them. Does anyone know if Kinkos or a similar place offers scanner use?

Actually most if not all Kinkos should have an available scanner on both their PC and MAC rental computers. Take it from a former Kinko's employee.

:D

Originally posted by zornwil

Wow, just caught up to this, excellent! Thanks Mr. Vimes!!!

Thanks for the support. I haven't forgotten you guys, I've just been working dilligently on scanning and colorizing the pics from CKC and converting them to minis for my own campaign... as well as working on the Mall, which is about 50% finished. Dragon*Con is this weekend, so the mall should be finished early next week.

We all love you, Mr. Vimes. You've had enough fun at DragonCon, now get back to work.

I like the maps a lot. I have one nit-picky comment: the backgrounds for the lab interior are too dark. I prefer the lighter background used for the other building maps.

John "Mr. Vimes might own stock in an inkjet cartridge company, and he's doing this just to make us use ink" Speroni

Originally posted by MisterVimes

Very. The resusts are nice, but the quality is not greatly imprved. I have found medium card stock to give the best results.

Ditto on the cardstock working well.

/begin run-on sentence/

Since most of us are probably printing these on an inkjet, and many printer inks smudge when they get wet, and many gamers have soda and other foods around the table, it's probably best to seal the surface so you don't have to print and cut a new set of maps for every game session.

/end/

After cutting, try spreading them face up on cardboard or newspapers, then spray with clearcoat. Laminating is always an option, but it will be a lot tougher to trim all the maps to size.

Originally posted by DoctorItron

Ditto on the cardstock working well.

/begin run-on sentence/

Since most of us are probably printing these on an inkjet, and many printer inks smudge when they get wet, and many gamers have soda and other foods around the table, it's probably best to seal the surface so you don't have to print and cut a new set of maps for every game session.

/end/

After cutting, try spreading them face up on cardboard or newspapers, then spray with clearcoat. Laminating is always an option, but it will be a lot tougher to trim all the maps to size.

Another very interesting sidenote would be that if you use a plastic cover, laminate, etc. you can draw right on the surface usually with a dry erase or wet erase marker depending on the type of plastic.

Originally posted by DoctorItron

I'm just going to have them laminated and then use a paper cutter on them to slice them all down to size. I don't really care if there's a sliver showing. It's close enough for government work.

• 2 years later...
Guest Major Tom

Re: Paper Minis and Terrain for download

I just got through looking at the floorplan templates on your website, and

they're fantastic, to say the least. Do you have any plans to create other

floorplan add-ons for the existing plans (say, for example, something like

the Time Tunnel or the Stargate for the Mad Scientist's hideout)?

Major Tom :confused: