Paper Minis and Terrain for download

MisterVimes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Paper Minis and Terrain for download

Originally posted by MisterVimes

I've been working on some downloadable 6"x6" Terrain Maps. They are nothing special, but they have some nice detail.

NOTHIN' SPECIAL?!? Co-MasterV you do yourself an injustice. These are awesome. :D Looks like I'll be right clicking my little, minion fingers off when I get home this evening. The maps are fantastic. I love the 'cycle mini, too. I used to have a 600 Ninja myself, until parenthood and responsiblity got in the way (Mrs13 made me sell it. :(). If I might ask, what are you using to make the maps? I'd be interested in giving it a go, myself. Thanks for all the hard work. Now I can see why we haven't seen you for a while.

:: He bows and thinks, "what an industrious Co-Master I have". ::

Re: Re: Paper Minis and Terrain for download

Originally posted by aylwin13

NOTHIN' SPECIAL?!? Co-MasterV you do yourself an injustice. These are awesome. :D Looks like I'll be right clicking my little, minion fingers off when I get home this evening. The maps are fantastic. I love the 'cycle mini, too. I used to have a 600 Ninja myself, until parenthood and responsiblity got in the way (Mrs13 made me sell it. :(). If I might ask, what are you using to make the maps? I'd be interested in giving it a go, myself. Thanks for all the hard work. Now I can see why we haven't seen you for a while.

:: He bows and thinks, "what an industrious Co-Master I have". ::

Thanks. I do all the work in Photoshop 7.0

With the Maps I make a 6"x6" file at 300 pixels per inch and I draw everything by hand. Then I add the Hexes and fade them. Then I reduce to 100 pixels per inch.

My future plans are:

• Hospital Interior (using the Warehouse format)
  • High-School Interior (using the Warehouse format)
  • Park Monument add-on(an overlay for the park)
  • Convenience Store (using the standard store format)
  • Mad Scientist Lab (using the Large Builing Format)
  • Headquarters/Mansion (using the Warehouse format)
  • Prison/Superprison (using the Warehouse format)

As far as the Minis, I will probably add some more, but most of mine are reduced scanned images that HERO will probably sell (so I don't want to violate any copyrights)

Well' let's just say I'm impressed. Keep 'em comin' and I'll keep stea##... ahem, I mean borrowing 'em. As for the minis, I have some 700 or so character jpg's that I'm making into minis. Plus the Marvel ones, and the old SJG Cardboard Heroes. I think I have more than enough. :D I do like the SWAT/agent minis. You can never have enough soldier/agents.

I've loved em all but the last batch have been among the best. That pizza parlor still stands out.

I spent almost $20.00 on SJG's Haunted house floorplans and, save for allready being printed and with hex& square grid, they didn't look as nice as your stuff.

Thanks again for making them available.

I agree with the previous posters. Excellent work. Professional quality. I would pay for most of them. I hope we don't use up all of the bandwith allotment of your site downloading these things. :)

I'm going to laminate them. I used a few of them today in my gaming session. Aside from the common problem of sliding around (I gotta find a sticky mat), they worked fine.

Originally posted by BarryB

I'm going to laminate them. I used a few of them today in my gaming session. Aside from the common problem of sliding around (I gotta find a sticky mat), they worked fine.

Excellent idea! And if I may make a suggestion? You can do one of several things to keep them from sliding around:

• Print them on static plastic sheeting (the stuff they make window decals from)
  • Print them on heavy card stock
  • Attach velcro to each side, and allow it to overhang so that the pieces can be velcroed in together
  • Attach a thin piece of rubber pad to the bottom (the stuff they put on the bottom of coasters

Just a few ideas there.

Originally posted by Durnin

Excellent idea! And if I may make a suggestion? You can do one of several things to keep them from sliding around:

• Print them on static plastic sheeting (the stuff they make window decals from)
  • Print them on heavy card stock
  • Attach velcro to each side, and allow it to overhang so that the pieces can be velcroed in together
  • Attach a thin piece of rubber pad to the bottom (the stuff they put on the bottom of coasters

Just a few ideas there.

Typically, I use a little of that blue tacky stuff to secure the map... and I plan to laminate them myself and I recommend printing them on cardstock.

Those are WAY cool! I have recieved prods from the folks that have played in my dark champions campaign about one too many warehouse - You have freed me from the barren wasteland of warehouses!

regarding the sliding around - ruber shelf paper and super glue or some other adhesive works wonderfully to keep terrain flat and from sliding. I used that for my mage-knight terrain. There is also the tape it to the darn battle mat theory as well.