USPDB...finally!

Glen Sprigg

Man, I'm going to ask Doctor Destroyer to do a number on the Toronto distributor who handles the only gaming store in Barrie...I just got the Until Superpowers Database today. They also have Millenium City there for me, just in time for Champions Battlegrounds to come out...I can't win.

Anyway, even though it's probably long past shelf-life for comments on the book, I'm going to make a couple anyway. I really like the little margin bits on the different heroes and villains; very cool plot tidbits in there. The options for the various powers are really impressive. And there are a lot of powers I'd never even thought of giving a character. So this book shall see much use in my creative process.

Also, I like that there are all these additions on the website, to expand the database even further. Now that I know what's already there, I can try to come up with a few ideas of my own to add to the pile.

Glen

I got mine very late and missed out on the first round of comments as well.

I was very happy with it. I had this unwarranted fear that it would be like the spell colleges in 1st ed. Fantasy hero, air power with x defense, x movement, x offense, x etc. fllowed by earth power with x defense..

Instead you get this great GM, player aid. One of the local gamers at my reguler comic and game shop gave up Champs for Mutants & Masterminds. He was drooling over USPD.

That'll teach them not to recognize Hero when awards time rolls around.

One of the things that really whetted my appetite in the book was the drawings of folks I hadn't seen written up fully yet (or hadn't seen ever).

Anyone have any particular they want to see developed in later books?

I think I got them all, but am not certain.

MindGame, Pg 3

The Nameless Evil Mime, pg 4

Diamondback, Pg 9

Summer Cloud, Pg 15

Pisces, Pg 27

Fleshtone, Pg 35

Plague, Pg 39

Unknown with Cosmic Power, Pg 41

Winter Dragon, Pg 111

Freon, Pg 114

Uknown Kinetic villain, Pg 121

Unknown Magnetic villainess, Pg 134

Entropy, Pg 141

Morph, Pg 175

Dreamwitch, Pg 186

Unknown Time Villain, Pg 234

The Curse, Pg 265

I get the feeling we'll be seeing Diamondback in the upcoming VIPER book. :)

I'm curious about Fleshtone, the unknown Kinetic guy, unamed Magnetic lady, and Dreamwitch myself. :)

Freon is well known from 4th, but I put him on the list anyways because, hey, who knows what they might do to his background?

Diamondback and Freon are both in VIPER. For the rest, you'll have to wait for some future villains book, probably the one I tentatively have in mind for 2005. ;)

Now that I know what's already there, I can try to come up with a few ideas of my own to add to the pile.

Please do! We're always eager for more donations, though time pressure has prevented me from finalizing and posting the latest crop of submissions.

I must say, I liked the new Plague much more than the old one (the 4th ed., Classic Enemies psycho trippy headcase), based on his photo alone.

Also: the utility of this book far, far exceeds its purchase price. It's also great for spells for a Fantasy Hero campaign, psionic powers for Star Hero, the abilities of horrible monsters for a Horror game ... anything and everything. Full of great ideas.

Thanks

Originally posted by Steve Long

Diamondback and Freon are both in VIPER. For the rest, you'll have to wait for some future villains book, probably the one I tentatively have in mind for 2005. ;)

Good to hear! I love the little 'tid bits' we get from you guys like this. It really makes me look forward to the products all the more.

FYI

I just thought it might be worth mentioning for folks that are planning on doing USPD submissions AND have HeroDesigner that there is a Character Template and Export Template available in the HD FreeStuff section that might make the process a little easier, and it even exports in the "official" format Steve wants.

If you use it please do me a favor, and let me know what you think, and if there are any problems.

I just got the book myself and was wondering if it had been erratad. Because thetre are a number of powers in it which combine 'No Range' and 'Skin Contact Only' which I'm kind of sure is a No-No.

There is an errata page, and it should list these if it doesn't already. I'll check on that the next time we update the errata.