Have you ever been Mind Control

薔薇語

Based on a previous thread. This is just a simple question, have you ever had a character mind controlled? If so what happened?

I will start off with my only experience.

The Rose had come across some mysterious metal balls that bad guys were after and so took them to Dr. Silverback for examination. He started bombarding it with radiation to examine what it was and ended up unlocking it. It sucked in his lab and was about to suck him in, until I teleported him safety. But I ended up getting dragged into the mix. It was a type of Mini Mechanon that was designed to take over any character and then use its new form to wipe out all possible life around it.

This meant that I was playing a supped up version of myself that was leagues beyond my comrades (ohh so many weapons!). I almost killed them all, but the GM allowed me to make extra ego rolls to diffuse the situation, but everytime I failed it was another PC knockout. End of the day it took, Technique, (her partner) my 3 other 350pt comrades, Silverback and me rolling ego checks to stop the infestation. This was also the night the GM rolled 5 consecutive critical failures in regards to my character. Once for Silverback to examine the obj. Twice for him to attack me with Silverback, and two more times for other NPCs. The odds were 1:470,184,984,576.

Good Night, all things considered.

Re: Have you ever been Mind Control

Once. Simple thing. My character, a low level flying brick, was grabbed in mid battle by a psychotic 13 year old girl. (Hey, we were playing 150-250 pt characters, this girl was 400pts of psychic power mean.) I gave my charcter to one of the other players and let them handle him.

Not caring what happened to my character, Phil tore into the rest of the group, closest first. But as he usually played a martial artist he tried to use my brick in the same way. This sort of covered the "He's not in control of his own actions" situation, and thus he wasn't at all effective. He took down a couple of the other guys, but was brought down by the team after 8 rounds of combat.

It sort of set the tone. If your character is mind controlled, give the sheet to another player. They may not know how to effectively use him/her/it and they'd have no qualms about using him/her/it all up. So you get a berzerk attack, but it's uncontrolled.

Not in a Champions game. Most of the DM's I've played under tend to use Mind Control as a hammer, relying on effects that are +30 (or worse!) to achieve, meaning they either use a metric crapton of dice (which they usually decline to do, too much time) or think the power is useless, or (more rarely) can't think on their feet fast enough to use the power in the subtle way it demands.

Ah yes... that Mind Control featuring an OAF ring you can never take off without being beaten....

I had a recent run-in with it, myself, though not much interesting - just commanded to forget about the guy I saw.

Unfortunately (for him), he didn't know that he was MC'ing a secondary personality, so I still remembered him, just not as well as I would have.