My danger sense is tingling

薔薇語

I have a character design for Susano's thread: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1759841#post1759841. and what I am needing is to find a way to build a Disad that in essence, gives a bonus to Danger sense or even triggers a roll without the character even doing anything.

I couldn't think of any good way to do that with the current list. I was just going to custom it. But I don't know what it should be worth.

Any suggestions on the point value for it, or a better way to do it?

La Rose

Re: My danger sense is tingling

How is it a 'disad' if it gives a bonus' date=' and Danger Sense is already something that just 'happens', you don't have to activate it (unless you bought it Costs END or something). What are you trying to simulate?[/quote']

Oops sorry. I mean for the character to give others an enhanced ability to use Danger sense.

IE. She walk into a room and does nothing offensive. But her mere presence causes Peter Parker's spider sense to go off.

Or. She attempts something underhanded to harm a person with danger sense. They have an enhanced ability to detect as compared to their normal role.

Sorry for the confusion.

La Rose.

How is it a 'disad' if it gives a bonus' date=' and Danger Sense is already something that just 'happens', you don't have to activate it (unless you bought it Costs END or something). What are you trying to simulate?[/quote']

My guess would be, what is meant is a character that triggers someone ELSE's Danger Sense.

I'd use Distinctive Looks, detectable by unusual senses (namely, Danger Sense.)

edit: Simultaneous post!

Lucius Alexander

My palindromedary sense is tingling

Potentially this could be advantageous: if you ALWAYS trigger danger sense even when you are not a danger, how does your opponent know when you really are going to attack them? You could acclimatise them to your aura and they would never notice when you pulled a knife on them.

Easy enough to resolve but if I was GM I'd require that be done in advance.

Well, don't forget, Danger Sense is a roll. I'd approach this differently:

Distinctive Features: Plain Dealing Villain; whenever the Plain Dealing Villain engages in an action that would alert Danger Sense or similar Detect abilities, those gain a +X (+5, which is considered the height of high end bonuses) to detect. In all cases, it is clear that the character intends that no good come from their actions. This aura of ill will is detectable by commonly used senses (i.e., everyone knows who the Plain Dealing Villain is when they walk into the room, and those people with Danger Sense, etc., get a specific bonus if the PVD engages in an action, because they're all waiting for it anyway).