70's Fashion Horrors

shadowcat1313

Re: 70's Fashion Horrors

I think the fashions you wore in high school are the ones that seem most "normal" to you; I wasn't a teen in the 70's but rather the 80's. Yesterday my coworker and I were teasing a 19 year old volunteer about his baggy saggy pants and huge oversized polo shirt. We were reminiscing about the 80's, when boys wore tight jeans and tight tees and you could actually see their butts and biceps.

I think the fashions you wore in high school are the ones that seem most "normal" to you; I wasn't a teen in the 70's but rather the 80's. Yesterday my coworker and I were teasing a 19 year old volunteer about his baggy saggy pants and huge oversized polo shirt. We were reminiscing about the 80's' date=' when boys wore tight jeans and tight tees and you could actually see their butts and biceps.[/quote']

As a person who finds tight clothing very uncomfortable. I was actually glad when the baggy clothes came in. Though, it'd be nice if people would pull their pants up. :idjit:

I think the fashions you wore in high school are the ones that seem most "normal" to you; I wasn't a teen in the 70's but rather the 80's. Yesterday my coworker and I were teasing a 19 year old volunteer about his baggy saggy pants and huge oversized polo shirt. We were reminiscing about the 80's' date=' when boys wore tight jeans and tight tees and you could actually see their butts and biceps.[/quote']

I'm right there with ya.

I actually get the "Are you in a band?" question fairly often, because my tastes run the same way... I tend towards tight pants (usually leather) if not a kilt, and tight shirts. Nothing for a zombie to grab onto 'cept my long hair, which I will fight to keep ;)

Graduated HS in '87, so you can see my time period :P

My look has been described as "Early Snake Pliskin"

Graduated HS in '87, so you can see my time period :P

My look has been described as "Early Snake Pliskin"

*purr* Snake Pliskin... =)

I've heard that the police have a much easier time catching up to fleeing gangstas in saggy baggy pants, what with the constant pausing during flight to actually pull their pants up from around their knees...

I remember seeing Lenny Pickett, currently of the SNL band, during his days with the Tower of Power. He wore his curls long, a full beard, and a sequin-covered tuxedo. (If I could find an online picture of this I'd post it.) I thought at the time that one day people would show this to him in twenty years' time and make fun of him. But then I've generally been one to dress conservatively, and I've had my share of outfits that people could make fun of -- including trousers, jacket, and newsboy's cap in all brown corduroy, which a friend once decided to wear to work for Halloween.

I think the fashions you wore in high school are the ones that seem most "normal" to you; I wasn't a teen in the 70's but rather the 80's.

I was a teen in the 90s but I wore bell bottoms to school. No joke. I was the guy who wore weird stuff - bell bottoms, painted shoes, Hawaiian shirts - to stand out from the crowd. I gave up the bell bottoms, though, when a bunch of other people started wearing them. That and my pair were so old that they developed a huge hole in the rear. I still remember discovering in my last class that I'd been walking around like that all day. :o

That being the case, I have to confess that I actually like these band outfits. As I said in the chat when Shadowcat first posted the link, I love the plaid cuffs and lapels. Huge lapels in general are awesome. So all these outfits are great in my book.

[Col Kurtz from Apocalypse Now]

The horror, the horror...

[/Col. Kurtz from Apocalypse Now]

Seriously, what sick mind collected those fashion monstrosities? I don't care if they wore them during that time- people wear all kinds of wacky fashions in every era.

But to collect these sartorial Crimes Against Humanity in a website?! (Shudder.)