Super Fantasy- The Land of Mar'Veldc

HawksmoorSD

Re: Super Fantasy- The Land of Mar'Veldc

iron fist a tribe of warriors in the east adopts the lone surviving child of a team of explorers who were ambushed by the tribe enemies

while trying tofind the childs family it trans him in thier ways of unarmed self defense when his family is located he is allowed to rejoin them

he becomes iron fist a champion of both his birth and adopted peoples

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Guild of X could be a rag tag bunch of half-breed misfits who form their own community because they don't fit in anywhere else.

-Cyclops is an inexplicable half-Beyonder- the result of some cruel wizard's experiment. He can shoot destructive bolts from his lone oversized eye;

-Storm is a half-air elemental who inherited the storm powers;

-Wolverine is a half-dwarf, half-troll former gladiator with a claws and a skeleton made of enchanted metal;

-Nightcrawler is a half-drow with a powerful ring of teleportation.

-Shadowcat is the ghost of a young half-elf girl who has been allowed to stay on the physical plane for now. She has a pet dragon named Lockheed.

-Colossus is a half-giant who is cursed to exist as a living statue.

They have been brought under the care of a mysterious half-elf wizard who calls himself Sorceror X, whose motivations are unknown. During times of need, however, the king secretly calls upon Sorceror X for assistance, espcially when it involves Sorceror X's rival, Magnus, the "metal mage".

Sorceror X has an adopted daugter: Jean, also a half-elf whom he is passing on his arcane knowledge.

Sir Anthony Stark, prince of the Gnome Lands, invented amazing clockwork technology which he uses to power a suit of human sized armor. More amazing, the suit leaves his hands free, allowing him to cast the spells he learned as a young boy. It wouldn't do to have the prince go off on adventures, so he conceals his identidy, even from his fellow Avenging Knights. Those who have seen him in battle are amazed at how he doesn't bleed or feel pain and how strong is without the assistance of magic- he is called the Iron Man.

If you ask me, Peter Parker works better as Albrecht Durer. Technically, he's studying to be an engineer/surveyor, but his skilled hands are kept busy drawing portraits of the famous, current events, and anything else that comes his way. He's always invited to the big ceremonies to produce sketches for the press. And he always disappears when supervillains crash the scene, just before the Spinnekrieger appears.

[Can you believe that my Collins-Klett actually has a German translation of "spiderman?" Unfortunately, it's a bad one.]

Some of this stuff, if you just go Medieval, works almost as is.

There's the new Pope, an Egyptian cleric of mysterious origins with the Christian name of En-Sabah-Nur. And his nemesis, the mad Franciscan, Damon Helstrom, who insists that the new Pope is actually the Anti-Christ, come to bring the apocalypse. Perhaps that reclusive and strange theologian at the University of Paris, Stephen Magnus, can sort things out.

There's the mighty warrior, mutilated in battle and rebuilt in a forge: Deathlok!

the wandering prince, exiled from his undersea kingdom, Prince Namor. One of the divine choosers of the slain, Brunnhild the Valkyrie, is in love with him, and the mighty Amazon, Thundra, has a peculiar rivalry with him inspired by the fact that she may only lay with a man who can defeat her in battle. (She's getting a little frustrated.)

But is the man for her actually Benn Grimm, transformed into a monster by a sorcerous curse, yet stronger than any other warrior, withal?

Or does he share the love that dare not speak its name with the remarkably flexible techno-wizard, Reed of Richardston?

Although it might explain a lot about Ben Grimm and elastic would work...

No no, bad thoughts bad thoughts!

Who is En-Sabah-Nur supposed to be?

The Syndicate of Synister: A renowned group of mercerneries for their well experienced and unusually powered assasins and soldiers, they serve the top bidder and only truly obey the mistress of Gold. They have staged assasinations, kidnappings and fought in wars for various political forces, but their most frequent ruler is Baron Victor Van Damme of Lutervaria.

The Beetle knight: Although not a knight in any sense of the word, Abner Jennins worked as an alchemist for his lord, he fled after word reached out that he secretly sold to the opposing side. He crafted a gem that if used, would allow him to have similar powers to the insect themed super hero (Whatever Spider-man is called). He also carries around mystical stones he uses, either as ranged weapons (His thunder stones, that release lightning after 1 charge) or get away devices (Like his obscuring mist). He is constantly looking for materials to make new stones.

Hydros: A simple street thug, Javier Marcos he worked for the local assasin's guild. He was good at his job and had never been caught. However he was young and arrogant. He wanted the power and respect that came with killing a high member of the assasins' guild, thus becoming leader of the assasins (in his mind at least).

He was caught however and drowned in a river several miles away from the guild. He awoke to his surprise, on land and completely naked. He discovered he had somehow been blessed by the water, and could now become the water. And he started by getting revenge against the people who had wronged him.

Javier is now a much better assasin, because he can disappear into water and move into narrow cracks. His problem however is that he can not take objects with him. When he reforms he is naked as he left his clothes outside. He also can not control the water with such ease as his modern counterpart (can't make energy blasts or water fists) and is quite slow in that form. He can only crawl. However his training in unarmed combat makes up for this, and he was never a fighter anyway,

The African Beast (The Rhino): A black Slave, Averac Amal didn't have it easy for any part of his life, and being forced to work in the mines from the age of 7 was the lightest part of his torment. He ran away from his master at the age of 14 and began commiting crimes to keep himself fed.

He discovered a mystic man from his village living in the kingdom and begged him for some aid, to seek revenge. The man warned the boy of the dangers of revenge, bu Averac didn't listen. So the man complied and gave the boy a gift. A vial of rhino blood, that if he drank would let him become not a man, but a rhino.

But with this gift he became more animal like, and less likely to retain his thoughts, even in human form. Only in the Syndicate, where he is looked after and given simple jobs, is he content.

The Viper (The Constrictor actually): The Viper is actually a traitor pretending to be a traitor in the Syndicaten amed Franklin Pa-Nus. He pretends to have left the Knights under the SHIELD for the Syndicate after he recieved a curse that horribly disfigured him to resemble a serpent. But truth be told it is simply an illusion. The Viper reports all his findings to the Knights under the SHIELD, and not taking any jobs that would cause any damage to the Knights. He feels much shame by his actions, but knows he must go on for the betterment of all. He prays daily for his sins to be forgiven, but he believes they won't.

He is a trained Knight in all forms of modern combat, and offers tactics to a team which would otherwise not have any.

There may be more in the team, but this was as many as I could think of of the top of my head.

Still having writer's block on finishing up The Dragon, but have some other stuff imagined up.

Sir Reed Richardson, a genius artificer who combines magic with the new art known as "science", such as clockwork and steamwork devices. His most ambitious project to date is a portal with which to explore a newfound dimension unlike any discovered before. With his fiance, Susan Stormcloud, a half-elf, and her younger brother Jonathan, as well as the burly human friend Benjamin Grimmsmoor, they set out to explore the other dimension.

But their trip is ill-fated, as the dimension is currently in flux, resulting in a pulse of energy which washes over the group without warning. They are forced back to the lab, where the portal overloads and burns out. But each is changed by the experience.

Richardson now has a form nearly like water, able to stretch and flow into new shapes at will. Susan became like the wind, able to turn invisible and project invisible force like solid wind. Jonathan was infused with the elemental force of fire, able to ignite his form yet remain unharmed, as well as generate and control flames by force of will. While Grimmsmoor was the most affected, transformed into a being of living stone with superhuman strength and the toughness of stone itself.

Now they have been banded together by their shared fates, as the portal may have burnt out but creatures from the other dimension have followed them back. Fighting to protect the kingdom of York, they are the Mythic Four.

And writer's block is gone. Here is The Dragon, the fantasy version of the Mandarian, and the leader of a crime group called Fang aka The Dragon's Fang.

A young lad from a foreign land, Feing was an orphan with no home or family. Taken in by the local crime syndicate, he was trained from a young age in confidence games and the art of smuggling. As all members of the crime syndicate before him, he was trained in the art of dragon kung fu, a fighting style which makes the whole body a weapon, as well as how to wield several types of weapons with it. But Feing wanted more, much more than just to be another cog in the crime syndicate's operations.

While on a smuggling operation luck seemed on his side, as he stumbled upon the lair of a dragon, undiscovered for ages and the ancient dragon having been slain while away long ago. All the treasure in the lair would be a fine start for his new organization. But his greatest find was that of a small black, oak box. Within it held 4 rings which radiated with power. Putting them on, he instantly knew how to use each of them and the power they granted him.

Soon the rings had an affect on his appearance, turning his skin greenish in shade and his eyes yellow. But this didn't deter his plans, as he organized many of his own thugs and lackies into a new organization, the Fang. Or as they would come to be known to foreigners, The Dragon's Fang, for he was the dragon now, with his claws in many operations. But his speciality is in exotic spices and custom drugs, those banned in most civilized nations.

Over a decade later and the Dragon and his organization, the Fang, is a legend in some places, a threat to all sentient life in others due to their drug peddling and dangerous spices. In the kingdom of York, he has made enemies of the Elite Guard. But most especially of the Iron Knight, who has single-handedly broken up several of his operations in the area. And for this, he will face the Dragon's wrath.

[b]The Dragon - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
10    STR     0   10      11-       HTH Damage 2d6  END [1]
15    DEX     15   15      12-       OCV 5 DCV 5
14    CON     8   14      12-
10    BODY    0   10      11-
18    INT     8   18      13-       PER Roll 13-
16    EGO     12   16      12-       ECV: 5
18    PRE     8   18      13-       PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6
10    COM     0   10      11-
2    PD      0   2/11             2/11 PD (0/9 rPD)
3    ED      0   3/12             3/12 ED (0/9 rED)
2    SPD     0   2                 Phases:  6, 12
5    REC     0   5
28    END     0   28
22    STUN    0   22
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
2    LEAP     0   2"                2" forward, 1" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 51[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
53     [b][i]Ring Array[/i][/b]: Multipower, 80-point reserve,  (80 Active Points); all 

slots OIF Unbreakable (-1/2) - END=
5u     1)  [b][i]Deadly mystic beam[/i][/b]: RKA 2d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), No Range 

Modifier (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (-1/2) - END=7
4u     2)  [b][i]Mystic Beams[/i][/b]: EB 6d6, Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2), 

Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (75 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (-1/2), Beam 

(-1/4) - END=7
4u     3)  [b][i]Mystic bands[/i][/b]: Entangle 8d6, 8 DEF (80 Active Points); OIF 

Unbreakable (-1/2), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) - END=8
4u     4)  [b][i]Raw Magic Blast[/i][/b]: EB 12d6 (60 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (-1/2) 

- END=6
4u     5)  [b][i]Spirit Strike[/i][/b]: Ego Attack 6d6 (Human class of minds) (60 Active 

Points); OIF Unbreakable (-1/2) - END=6
15     [b][i]Ring Energy[/i][/b]: Endurance Reserve  (100 END, 8 REC) Reserve:  (18 Active 

Points); OIF Unbreakable (Rings of Power; -1/2) - END=0
7     [b][i]Ring Powers[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 20-point powers,  (10 Active Points); 

all slots OIF Unbreakable (Rings of Power; -1/2) - END=
10     1)  [b][i]Mystic Cloak[/i][/b]: Darkness to Mystic Group 3" radius, Reduced Endurance 

(0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), OIF Unbreakable (Rings 

of Power; -1/2) - END=0
20     2)  [b][i]Wings of the Dragon[/i][/b]: Flight 20" (40 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable 

(Rings of Power; -1/2) - END=4
27     [b][i]Ring of Life[/i][/b]: FF (10 Mental Defense/10 Power Defense), Reduced 

Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (Ring of 

Life; -1/2) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 153[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
8      +2 HTH Damage Class(es)
     Dragon Kung Fu
5      1)  Block:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
4      2)  Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 30 STR to Disarm roll
4      3)  Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4      4)  Escape:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 35 STR vs. Grabs
3      5)  Joint Lock/Grab:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 30 STR for holding 

on
5      6)  Kick:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6 Strike
4      7)  Knife Hand:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1 1/2d6
3      8)  Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 5d6 Strike, Target Falls
3      9)  Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 4d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4      10) Tiger/Dragon Claw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 8d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab
4      11) Uproot/Sand Palm:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 35 STR to Shove
1      12) Weapon Element:  Blades
1      13) Weapon Element:  Chain Weapons
1      14) Weapon Element:  Staffs

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 54[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
10      +2 with DCV
9      +3 with any three maneuvers or a tight group of attacks
9      Bribery 16-
5      Bureaucratics 14-
5      Concealment 14-
7      Conversation 15-
12      Forgery (Documents) 18-
6      KS: Criminal enterprizes 16-
4      KS: Drugs and illegal spices 14-
6      PS: Drug manufacturing 16-
4      PS: Merchant 14-
5      PS: Spice harvesting 15-
5      Persuasion 14-
7      Stealth 14-
7      Streetwise 15-
7      Trading 15-
5      WF:  Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Thrown Knives, Axes, 

and Darts

[b]SKILLS Cost: 113[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
60      Follower
5      Fringe Benefit:  Organized crime group overall leader
50      Vehicles & Bases
4      Contact:  High ranking member of local thieves' guild (Contact has significant 

Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources) 11-
10      Money:  Wealthy
4      Reputation:  Criminal mastermind and drug dealer (A medium-sized group) 11-, +4/+4d6

[b]PERKS Cost: 133[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
12      Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED) (18 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (Ring of Life; -1/2)
3      Rapid Healing (5 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (Ring of Life; -1/2)
3      Lightsleep
3      Resistance (3 points)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 21[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
5     Dependence:  Specialized herbal mix Incompetence: -1 to Skill Rolls and related rolls 

per time increment (Easy To Obtain; 1 Hour)
15     Distinctive Features:  Greenish skin and yellow eyes (Concealable; Always Noticed and 

Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10     Hunted:  Elite Guard of York 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Greedy (Common; Total)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Manipulative (Common; Strong)
10     Reputation:  Drug-dealing crimelord, 11-
10     Psychological Limitation:  Vengence against those who thwart his schemes (Uncommon; 

Strong)
15     Social Limitation:  Wanted crimelord (Occasionally; Severe)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 100[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 225
Total Exp Available: 225
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 525

• 2 weeks later...

Fantasy version of Punisher concept.

Frank Castle was a member of the guards of York 20 years ago, when the first major encounter with the Aboms of the forest happened, along with meeting their current leader, a powerful shaman. Frank's squad forced them back time after time, til tragedy struck. For the shaman inflicted a powerful curse upon their squad leader, Frank. Tragedy would follow him for the rest of his days, starting with the death of his family caught in the crossfire between two rival thieves guilds.

Quiting the guard that day, Frank went into hiding and trained to become one of the most dangerous fighters around. Mastering weapons few know of, he began a one-man war upon crime in the kingdom of York, as well upon the Aboms of the forest. Within 5 years the Aboms were forced to replace their leader, who was slain in his sleep. Yet the curse on Castle wasn't lifted.

His war broke up several thieves guilds over the years, only to find them replaced by new ones, stronger ones each time. Over the years he has come to be known as the Dark Slayer, for the black leather enchanted armor he has taken to wearing. His actions have sometimes gone too far, slaying everyone in criminal families, leaving no one alive. And thus he is being hunted not only by the underworld of the Kingdom of York, but also by the Elite Guard.

Now I just need to figure out the right stats for him. ;)

The man monster that causes chaos where ever he goes...

The Behemoth

Player:

Val Char Cost

35 STR 25

13 DEX 9

23 CON 26

20 BODY 20

8 INT -2

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

8 COM -1

10/18 PD 3

10/16 ED 5

3 SPD 7

12 REC 0

46 END 0

50 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

12" LEAP 5

Characteristics Cost: 110

Cost Power

23 Enraged Fury: Aid 2d6, Can Add Maximum Of 15 Points, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; Enraged; +1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +1/2), STR and CON simultaneously (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (70 Active Points); No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Self Only (-1/2), Limited Power points fade immediately if character recovers from being Enraged (-1/2) [Notes: Standard Effect 5 pts ]

17 Tough Skinned: Armor (8 PD/6 ED) (21 Active Points); Visible (-1/4)

8 Enraged Toughness: Physical Damage Reduction, 25% (10 Active Points); Linked (Enraged Fury; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)

8 Enraged Toughness: Energy Damage Reduction, 25% (10 Active Points); Linked (Enraged Fury; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)

9 +3 PER with all Sense Groups

6 Knockback Resistance -3"

8 LS (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

10 Banner: Multiform (100 Character Points in the most expensive form) (20 Active Points); No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1)

Powers Cost: 89

Cost Skill

4 AK: The Great Mountains 12-

3 Climbing 12-

20 +4 with HTH Combat

5 Concealment 12-

5 Hoist 12-

3 Stealth 12-

8 Survival (Mountain) 14-

Skills Cost: 48

Cost Talent

20 Animal Friendship

3 Bump Of Direction

14 Fearless

5 Magesight

5 Rapid Healing

Talents Cost: 47

Total Character Cost: 294

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Accidental Change: When relaxed changed to Banner 8- (Common)

10 Distinctive Features: Mammoth Green Skinned Man Monster (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)

10 Distinctive Features: strong chaos magic aura (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Magic Or Major Effort)

20 Enraged: In combat for more than a turn (Common), go 14-, recover 14-

20 Enraged: when he realizes hes being used or manipulated (Common), go 14-, recover 14-

15 Psychological Limitation: just wants left alone (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: curious (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: childlike mentality (Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: destructive monster, 8- (Extreme)

Disadvantage Points: 125

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I'll be posting the unlucky man known as "Smithy" Banner shortly.

Thanks to Sketchpad for the idea of making Banner a blacksmith!!

Bruce Banner, or as he was more often called "Smithy", mulled over for the thousandth time how things came to this point. He never really did get the name of the fop or the name of the noble the job was to be done for. All that really stuck out still in his mind was the amount of money that was discussed and the creamy jade color of the metal involved.

With that money he could finally be in the position to ask for his Betty's hand in marriage. With that money he could feed him and his for a year, on top of getting a good home and a larger smithy. With that money her grumpy commander of a father Ross couldn't say no to someone who was just a blacksmith. It should have been an easy dream come true. Instead it was a muted green nightmare.

The metal was like nothing he'd ever seen before, even aside from the color. The fop mentioned it was star metal and Banner could easily believe that. It was somewhat soft and easy to work, but required an incredibly high heat to work with. The fop wanted it to be used in the making of a bastard-sword that had to be of remarkable quality. It shouldn't have been a problem. Since the first blade he'd ever made there had never been a problem. His apprentice Richard and himself had made many such blades before. Star metal was still just metal. It shouldn't have exploded.

A shudder passed through him and he fought to calm his heartbeat. He vividly recalled getting the metal worked with steel to form a stronger alloy. The pouring into the blade mold went smoothly. He'd heated it again to work the blade even more and had let Richard take some swings at it as well. He turned his back to get some water and heard the boy put the blade into the water as he'd done dozens of times before. When he turned back, the blade was beginning to glow even brighter in the steaming water. Somehow, some way, it seemed to be getting hotter.

His heart continued its frantic pace as even now he couldn't remember there being any thought to what he did. He just tackled the boy to get him clear of the blade. All he could see in his mind was just a wave of green light followed by the sound of a roar. A roar like he'd never imagined. A roar that to him sounded like the gates of heaven had cracked.

He'd woken later somewhere in the woods. Richard was there with a backpack and rations. All around was nothing but trees that looked to have been uprooted and splintered. Even then there was no denying it. Something horrific had come into his life and from then on he was dammed to share his place in the world with it.

That something was what Ross continually called The Behemoth.

"Smithy" Banner

Player:

Val Char Cost

13 STR 3

15 DEX 15

15 CON 10

10 BODY 0

13 INT 3

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

10 COM 0

4 PD 1

3 ED 0

3 SPD 5

7 REC 2

30 END 0

25 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 52

Cost Skill

3 Climbing 12-

3 KS: flora and fauna 12-

3 KS: Herbalism and Healing Lore 12-

3 AK: The Great Mountains 12-

3 Persuasion 12-

3 PS: Blacksmith 12-

4 PS: Healer 13-

5 SS: Metalurgy 14-

3 Stealth 12-

2 Survival (Mountain) 12-

3 Tracking 12-

3 Trading 12-

10 Weaponsmith (Maces And Hammers, Spears And Polearms, Swords And Daggers) 15-

Skills Cost: 48

Total Character Cost: 100

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Accidental Change to The Behemoth: when in high stress situations 14- (Common)

5 DNPC: Richard Jones 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

15 Psychological Limitation: terrified of the monster he becomes (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Decent human being (Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: master weaponsmith, 11- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)

5 Reputation: The Behemoth, 8-

Disadvantage Points: 70

Base Points: 50

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

• 1 month later...

Here is Dark Slayer, the fantasy version of Punisher.

Frank Castle was a member of the guards of York 20 years ago, when the first major encounter with the Aboms of the forest happened, along with meeting their current leader, a powerful shaman. Frank's squad forced them back time after time, til tragedy struck. For the shaman inflicted a powerful curse upon their squad leader, Frank. Tragedy would follow him for the rest of his days, starting with the death of his family caught in the crossfire between two rival thieves guilds.

Quiting the guard that day, Frank went into hiding and trained to become one of the most dangerous fighters around. Mastering weapons few know of, he began a one-man war upon crime in the kingdom of York, as well upon the Aboms of the forest. Within 5 years the Aboms were forced to replace their leader, who was slain in his sleep. Yet the curse on Castle wasn't lifted.

His war broke up several thieves guilds over the years, only to find them replaced by new ones, stronger ones each time. Over the years he has come to be known as the Dark Slayer, for the black leather enchanted armor he has taken to wearing. His actions have sometimes gone too far, slaying everyone in criminal families, leaving no one alive. And thus he is being hunted not only by the underworld of the Kingdom of York, but also by the Elite Guard.

Powers/Tactics: His training in secret was with the clan of elves who live in the forest around the kingdom of York, fighting against the aboms regularly. Trained in the ways of their people, he became a master tracker and able to survive in the forest, as well as urban locations. He is a dangerous fighter, whether armed or unarmed, as he was taught in the art of using weapons to their fullest, the Way of Steel, and in the elven art of unarmed fighting based upon the aspects of the forest around them, Way of the Forest.

His enchanted black leather armor provides him greater protection than normal, along with an unusual chameleon spell, allowing him to blend into any background as long as he remains still. Due to his training he can wield almost any weapon known, including any ones of his own design. His skill as a warrior allows him to find a chink in almost any defense. He can have almost any weapon on him at any time, yet keeps 5 weapons and a magically wand gifted to him by the elves with him most of the time.

These include: A metallic, flexible coil of wire which can bind any target hit; a custom-made double-bladed elven longsword capable of striking quickly; a powerful, enchanted handaxe; a mace made of a rare blue metal which can strike even incorporeal targets; steel throwing blades shaped like leaves; and a magic wand which can fire magic bolts that home in on their target.

[b]Dark Slayer - Frank Castle[/b]
[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
15    STR     5   15      12-       HTH Damage 3d6  END [1]
17    DEX     21   17      12-       OCV 6 DCV 6
15    CON     10   15      12-
14    BODY    8   14      12-
13    INT     3   13      12-       PER Roll 12-
16    EGO     12   16      12-       ECV: 5
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
12    COM     1   12      11-
4    PD      1   4/14             4/14 PD (0/10 rPD)
4    ED      1   4/14             4/14 ED (0/10 rED)
4    SPD     13   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
8    REC     4   8
40    END     5   40
50    STUN    20   50
7    RUN      2   7"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
3    LEAP     0   3"                3" forward, 1 1/2" upward
[b]CHA Cost: 116[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
7     [b][i]Brutal unarmed fighter[/i][/b]: HA +2d6 (10 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=1
8     [b][i]Enchanted black leather armor[/i][/b]: Armor (4 PD/4 ED) (12 Active Points); OIF Durable (-1/2) - END=0
22     [b][i]Enchanted black leather armor[/i][/b]: Invisibility to Sight Group , No Fringe, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Chameleon (-1/2), OIF Durable (-1/2) - END=0
35     [b][i]Warrior's Eye[/i][/b]: Find Weakness 12- with All Attacks - END=0
24     [b][i]Weapon arsenal[/i][/b]: Multipower, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2); all slots OAF Durable (-1) - END=
2u     1)  [b][i]Coil-wire[/i][/b]: Entangle 3d6, 5 DEF, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) - END=0
3u     2)  [b][i]Double-bladed elven longsword[/i][/b]: HKA 1 1/2d6 (2d6+1 w/STR), Required Hands One-Handed (+0), Autofire (2 shots; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1) (56 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1) - END=0
2u     3)  [b][i]Enchanted handaxe[/i][/b]: HKA 1d6+1 (1 1/2d6 w/STR), Required Hands One-Handed (+0), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), +2 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) (50 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1) - END=0
2u     4)  [b][i]Ghostslayer mace[/i][/b]: HKA 1d6+1 (1 1/2d6 w/STR), Required Hands One-Handed (+0), Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (50 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1) - END=0
3u     5)  [b][i]Magic bolt wand[/i][/b]: EB 8d6, 16 Charges (+0), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1) - END=[16]
3u     6)  [b][i]Throwing razor leaves[/i][/b]: RKA 2 1/2d6, 32 Charges (+1/4), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1) - END=[32]
[b]POWERS Cost: 111[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Way of Steel
3      1)  Iron Blow:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike
4      2)  Martial Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm roll
4      3)  Steel Wall:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4      4)  Steel meets steel:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike, Must Follow Block
5      5)  Steel seeks blood:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +4 DC Strike
5      6)  Steel shield:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
15      7)  Weapon Element:  Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks, Blades, Chain & Rope Weapons, Default Element, Flails, Garrote, Homemade Weapons, Javelins and Thrown Spears, Karate Weapons, Mourn Staff, Ninja Weapons, Off Hand, Polearms and Spears, Rings, Thrown Knives, Axes, and Darts, Two-Handed Weapons
     Way of the Forest
4      1)  Ancient tree roots:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 30 STR to resist Shove; Block, Abort
4      2)  Flowing wind:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
3      3)  Hidden root:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 4d6 Strike, Target Falls
5      4)  Limb trapped in root:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab One Limb; HKA 1d6 +1 , Disable
4      5)  Slippery roots:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 30 STR vs. Grabs
4      6)  Strength of stone:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1d6 +1
5      7)  Tree branch lashes out:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, 3d6 Strike
[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 69[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
6      +2 with Martial Maneuvers
18      +3 with HTH and Ranged Combat
3      Inventor 12-
2      AK: York 11-
7      Acrobatics 14-
3      Analyze:  Combat 12-
3      Breakfall 12-
7      Climbing 14-
7      Concealment 14-
3      Conversation 13-
3      CuK: Elves 12-
3      Disguise 12-
3      Fast Draw 12-
3      Healer's Knowledge 12-
3      KS: Aboms 12-
3      KS: Weapons 12-
3      KS: York Underworld 12-
4      Language:  Elven (completely fluent; literate)
2      Navigation (Land) 12-
2      PS: Soldier 11-
3      Shadowing 12-
3      Sleight Of Hand 12-
7      Stealth 14-
5      Streetwise 14-
4      Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Urban) 12-
3      Tactics 12-
3      Tracking 12-
10      Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH) 
12      WF:  Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Flails, Garrote, Homemade Weapons, Off Hand, Staffs, Whips
12      Weaponsmith (Arrows, Bolts, And Darts, Axes And Picks, Bows, Crossbows, Flails, Maces And Hammers, Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged, Other, Spears And Polearms, Swords And Daggers) 12-
[b]SKILLS Cost: 150[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
15      Contact:  Forest elf clan (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-
2      Reputation:  Dark Slayer, deadly warrior (A medium-sized group) 11-, +2/+2d6
[b]PERKS Cost: 17[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
12      Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)
18      Evasive
10      Follow-Through Attack
3      Lightsleep
1      Resistance (1 point)
[b]TALENTS Cost: 44[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     Hunted:  Elite Guard of York 11- (Mo Pow; Capture)
20     Hunted:  Underworld of York 11- (As Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)
20     Physical Limitation:  Cursed [Tragedy follow him for the rest of his days] (Frequently; Greatly Impairing; Custom Adder)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Defend the helpless (Common; Strong)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Slay all those who knowingly inflict harm on others (Common; Strong)
10     Reputation:  Dark Slayer, wanted killer, 11-
[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 100[/b]
Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 207
Total Exp Available: 207
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 507

Martha and Jonathan were simple tenant farmers from the village of Kent, raising enough food to pay their taxes and survive a healthy life. They had everything they could desire except for one wish. But that would never happen. When Martha was a child she had become sick for nearly a year, she recovered but discovered herself unable to ever bear a child.

Life was perfect until the invading army came.

The king and his army fought valiantly, but were defeated by Lionel, a powerful and charismatic warlord. Lionel was swift in his conquest and once he had slain the king, crowed himself the king and called himself Lionel Rex.

Taxes were high, forcing many to loose their land. The kings men took what they wanted, often leaving people hungry or without a home. Even Jonathan and Martha saw their farm dwindle each year as it was taken to pay taxes.

One evening the couple made their way to the ancient grove of the old gods and prayed for salvation from the evil despot Luthor. In those moments their prayers were answered. The grove was filled with blinding lights and deafening thunder, shocking the couple. When they could see again, there in the center of the grove, was a infant boy.

The two took the child in as their own and raised him, naming him Clark after Martha's father. They worked even harder to provide a home for the lad.

The child was raised with love and compassion and a sense of justice. His life on the farm, working hard, honed him into a strapping young man, strong and healthy. Many neighbors commented how he never seemed to get ill. Not that they complained because the young man would often help them with their farm work after doing his own.

When Clark was about 16 years old a company of the king's soldiers came to the village and demanded to be feed and provisioned. There was no way the village could supply them with enough food and hope to pay their taxes, so the village headman refused, begging for mercy. The captain of the company laughed and drew his sword to strike the fool.

Or that was what he attempted. From behind a powerful hand caught his wrist and held it tight. Clark stood over the soldier unmoving. The captain was shocked and ordered his men to help.

No one in Kent was really sure of the details or if they were they were keeping them a secret. The soldiers failed in arresting Clark. Several broke swords in attempts to strike the young man down. All of the ended up unconscious or running away.

The village was safe, but Clark's parents knew he would be in danger. They quickly packed Clark's bags and pressed what few coins they had saved over the years and sent the lad off to a relative in the capitol city of Metropolis.

Clark's was sent to live with his great-uncle, Perry, a scholar and operator of one of the cities only printing presses. Clark began to study under his uncle and began to dress less like a farmer in an attempt to not draw attention to himself. He learned to read and write and would spend much of his free time listening to tales and news in the inns of Metropolis. Clark began to write these tales down and managed to convince his uncle to print them.

Living in the city, Clark began to see even more atrocities. Lionel Rex had been found dead and his son, Luthor, had been named the king.

Clark vowed that day to fight for justice and free the kingdom from the rule of Luthor Rex.