Thor of the AESIR

Jkeown

From my latest experiment, with a caveat, I wrote this while coming down off of anathesic. I have notes to extend this to a full campaign write up.

N.O.R.S.E.

CMDR THOR, lord of Thrudvang

Thor is the son of Odin, lord of the AESIR, the Asgardr space-borne commandos. He weilds the hammer Mjollnr, crafted for him by the Dvergar miliary contractors, Sindri and Brokkr of Savartalfheim.

He is truly his father's son, having defeated many Jotun in both space and ground conflicts, gaining much honor for his unit of AESIR. Many of his own warriors have been promoted to either VALKYRIE or EINHERJAR, Odin's elite units, and rather than consider them lost, he exults in their new positions at AESIR Command in Asgard.

His love interest is a member of AESIR, Lieutenant Sif. When deployment schedules conspire to allow meetings, they usually engage in games of Tafl and get very drunk.

Thor has engaged in an ongoing affair with a Jotun battle-suit pilot, Jarnsaxa. If the affair came to light, it could cause Thor his position. It would be a great embarasment at the very least. In this, he is very like his father, as his mother is the Jotun, Jord, whom he rarely sees due to the current conflict.

He has been tasked with tracking down his traitor uncle, Loki, and uncover clues about something called Operation: Ragnarok and the battleship Jormundgandr. Loki is suspected to have gone over to the Jotun. If true, it is likely that Fenris and Hel, Thor's cousins, have most likely defected as well.

THOR

Val Char

18 STR

15 DEX

15 CON

13 BODY

15 INT

13 EGO

16 PRE

14 COM

4/19 PD 0 Total: 4/19 PD (0/15 rPD)

4/19 ED 1 Total: 4/19 ED (0/15 rED)

4 SPD 15 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

7 REC 0

30 END 0

30 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 74

Movement: Running: 6" / 12"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Leaping: 3" / 6"

Talents

16 Berserk Fury

3 Absolute Range Sense

Skills

3 Combat Driving 12-

3 Combat Piloting 12-

9 +3 with Mjollnr

3 Demolitions 12-

3 Electronics 12-

3 Gambling (Tafl) 13-

0 Language: Asgardian (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

3 Language: Jotun (completely fluent)

2 Language: Dvergar (fluent conversation)

1 Language: Alfer (basic conversation)

3 Mechanics 12-

3 Paramedics 12-

4 PS: Soldier 13-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Survival 12-

5 Systems Operation (Power Armor) 13-

3 Tactics 12-

1 TF (Large Military Spacecraft)

3 WF (6 points' worth): Common Melee Weapons, Energy Weapons

3 Weaponsmith (Armorer) 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 80

Total Cost: 154

100+ Disadvantages

15 Hunted: Jotun 14- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

25 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders (Very Frequently, Severe)

15 Distinctive Features: Uniform (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Dark Secret: Affair With Jotun Jarnsaxa

20 Psychological Limitation: Sense of Duty (Very Common, Strong)

Total Disadvantage Points: 90

Standard Equipment:

Medium Battle Armor

Thor's battle armor, Jarngreipr is a standard issue suit crafted in Asgard by the Ivaldi Brothers. It has been decorated with a great deal of personal heraldry. See Spacer's Toolkit for details on Battle Armor.

Mjollnr - Unique Master-crafted Weapon

Mjjollnr is crafted from materials that have been phased 90 degrees from realspace, partially existing in the Gungingagap, or hyperspace. While this removes most of the weight, the inertia remains behind, giving it an incredible impact. It has also been fitted with a gravitic motor and tracking device, so it can return to its owner's hand.

1) Impact: Energy Blast 6d6, 16 Charges (Gravitic Power Pack; +0), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (60 Active Points); STR Minimum 18 and higher (-1), No Range (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (, ) [16]

2) Thrown Hammer: Energy Blast 6d6, 16 Charges (Gravitic Power Pack; +0), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (60 Active Points); STR Minimum 18 and higher (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (, ) [16]

Ivaldi Laser Pistol:

Thor's sidearm was a gift to him by his mother Jord. Though politics prevented her from being present at his graduation, the gift was well recieved. This is a standard laser pistol from Spacer's Toolkit.

Re: Thor of the AESIR

Thanks for the Rep, everybody. I have nearly finished putting my notes on the Wiki, and then its on to actually posting HERO constructs of it all.

If anyone has any additions, I'd love to hear about them.

Additionally... My cancer is still in remission. This is a good thing!

I have thought about adding my own battlesuits. The aim is that the mid-range suit makes a Midgardr or Asgardr (or Alfer or whatever) the equal of an unarmored Jotun.

Heavy suits are more powerful than a Jotun, by significant margin. I think I need to design some Jotun, just to see what Thor and his buddies are up against.

Have you checked out the Wiki articles? While there is some info there, it could bear tricking out.

I suppose that N.O.R.S.E. conforms to Star HERO ATRI 10 with some systems (YGGDRASIL and BIFROST) being as high as ATRI 12.

Carbon nanotubes, ultra-light, super-hard hypermaterials, self-healing hypermaterials, AI and brain uploading (especially in the case of EINHERJAR) are fairly common.

Essentially, the idea is that these guys are advanced, and when they interact with the natives of Northern Europe, they do seem to be gods. Not quite Clarktech, but nearly so. Outside of their starships and battle suits, they are simply very handsome, strong humans, not gods at all.

That said, anything you have to add would be welcome. I intend to write an adventure with pregenerated characters and PDF it to make it available to all.