I need a simple Bank map

Heckus

It's probably been asked a dozen times but, is there a good source for common maps to use for champions?

I'm always needing odd maps for everyday places (diners, banks, gas stations, whatever) and usually have to draw them out on my hex map or print a blank sheet and draw it in marker but that takes time away from the action. It'd be nice if there was an online source from which to grab the easy stuff. Half the time the fight goes places i didn't intend, so i have to wing it (most recently my players lured the villains to a nearby park that I had forgotten about on the city map to avoid civilian casualties; I didn't ever map the park so they fought in an open field with a few scattered trees).

Does anyone have a source? I need a simple Bank map.

(I posted this under hero system discussion initially but thought it fit better here)

Re: I need a simple Bank map

hehe, thanks.

They don't have to be super detailed, just roughly to the champion's scale. i can add a hex grid if it doesn't have one.

Does anyone know of any companies that still make generic maps that work well? I have a 3-story mall map w/ 1" hex grid that came with some zombie game.

It's probably been asked a dozen times but' date=' [b']is there a good source for common maps to use for champions[/b]?

I'm always needing odd maps for everyday places (diners, banks, gas stations, whatever) and usually have to draw them out on my hex map or print a blank sheet and draw it in marker but that takes time away from the action. It'd be nice if there was an online source from which to grab the easy stuff. Half the time the fight goes places i didn't intend, so i have to wing it (most recently my players lured the villains to a nearby park that I had forgotten about on the city map to avoid civilian casualties; I didn't ever map the park so they fought in an open field with a few scattered trees).

Does anyone have a source? I need a simple Bank map.

(I posted this under hero system discussion initially but thought it fit better here)

I found out a long time ago to grab maps of places when I saw them. Apartment complexes have floorplans of the various units AND a community layout too. Malls usually have maps, just ask the information desk (if the maps are not out in the open). Large parks, zoos, and amusement parks (ie Six Flags, Disney, etc). As soon as you start keeping your eyes open for maps free ones pop up all over.

The real trick for saving time as a GM is planning on the front end. Get some posterboard and cut out common items to scale (cars, fire hydrants, manhole covers, etc). Then you just drop them down in the map.

Also, trying making some common buildings. You players may groan "they are robbing the First National Bank again) at least you have more time to game.

Heckus' date=' I'm sorry. I totally forgot about this. I hope it's not too late. I found the map I was thinking of. It's a bank and a bar sharing a block.[/quote']

That's perfect. I wound up free-handing one on my hex map but this will work in the future. Banks always seem to be in peril.

• 1 month later...