The ability to enchant

Beowulf

The idea is the character would be able to inscribe a dart gun with a symbol that would let him change the dart he is shooting. He shoots one dart that is poison, the next dart shoots through a wall to a target.

I was thinking the root mechanic would be 1d6 rka with a variable advantage, or perhaps it is a transform on the dartgun which is triggered when fired... not really sure which approach works, and how to manage the character points spent on the rune.

Sorry if the above is unclear, my head is muddled on the subject right now.

Re: The ability to enchant

You could build it the old Ninja Hero style: a set of different abilities that you can learn like spells that enhance your attacks. You have martial arts, then specific "powers" learned for each dart: this one can fire through barriers without being slowed, this one is invisible and cannot be deflected, etc.

Re: The ability to enchant

I could also see OAF or OIF ... the limitation represents the time it takes for the character to enchant a new object if he wants to replace or looses his current one.

Or put a limitation on a VPP -- "Powers can only be changed after X time enchanting." Bingo, done.

For a fantasy world, I could see taking the time to define a Perk for Enchanters, a set of Skills they use, some base rules on things like Rune Enchanting, the define the powers as costing Real Cost / 3 or whatever divisor feels right. The idea is to roughly match up the powers with the costs of the VPP or Multipower, after figuring the costs for the Perk and skills in.