Speed Power

Ninja-Bear

Ok looking at the thread on things that Hero can't model brings to mind a question on speed power which I don't know how to build. Watching an episode of Static Shock, a villian had a power which accelerated time on Static, in the this case, the actual effect was that Static flew into a wall -because he couldn't control hinmself while being accelerated. So the question then is how to build an accelerate speed usuasable against others which affect what they are doing? i've considered the + speed in which the extra segements are no conicious control and also handwave the rule where phases much match up (unless I by an extreme aid speed). And for clarity, its not just a speed up move, I imagine that this power would force the target to to continue to what s/he was doing before the power took affect.

Thanks for the help :)

(P.S. I am looking for a RAW way to do this if possible.)

Re: Speed Power

One way would be to take a cue from the way Penalty Skill Levels work and buy a Compound Power that includes an Aid to Movement Powers and a Naked No Conscious Control UAA (usable vs. X active points).

Another method would be to just buy Flight UAA and then add appropriate Limitations.

The effect is that the target (who is moving) is accelerated forward in the direction of travel, losing control of their travel power, and may hit something, damaging themselves?

Energy Blast 7d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (61 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Target has to be moving for power to take effect; -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Atatck does no direct damage; -1/2)

Get GM permission for the KB to always be in the direction of the target's movement

These are good suggestions, but the movement was just an example. What I am saying is the speed power would force the target to continue to do what it was doing before the speed effect. Say the target was doing an energy blast or swim or superleap. Would continous with a limitation no concious control bsed of 60 act pts (number just thrown out).

I didnt see the episode in question. However, Change Environment is very handy for effects like that.

Penalties to Characteristic Roll and all Skill Rolls based on Characteristic (which also forces rolls to begin with), possibly supplemented with CV penalties if it seems needed. Limitation: Only vs Targets Who Are Currently Affected By Other Acceleration Powers (-1)

That an a Aid vs SPD seems like it would cover the scenario in the opening post.